Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,981 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:08 AM

DSTV, Have they got problems with God ? - Satellite TV Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / DSTV, Have they got problems with God ? (898 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

DSTV, Have they got problems with God ? by maxit2(m): 1:14pm On Sep 19, 2013
This has got to be the most annoying and totally irrelevant act by DSTV.

You are watching a film and when someone tries to say God, it goes mute.
I don't see how saying "Oh my God" or "Dear God" or "good God" is an offensive thing.
The worst part is, even in movies when someone is praying to God, that person is not allowed to even say God.

This to me is just plain dumb and very hypocritic. I hope our stupid NBC and information ministry has got nothing to do with this. These pranksters take religion to same height as they take their corruption(Very high)

Any idea how to remove the screening and just enjoy my movies?
Re: DSTV, Have they got problems with God ? by fr3do(m): 1:44pm On Sep 19, 2013
Its annoying
it is broadcasted that way cant be stopped.

Btw,is it hearing 'god' that makes u enjoy ur programs and movies?
Re: DSTV, Have they got problems with God ? by maxit2(m): 2:02pm On Sep 19, 2013
fr3do: Its annoying
it is broadcasted that way cant be stopped.

Btw,is it hearing 'god' that makes u enjoy ur programs and movies?

Lol @ your question...

My guy, not having any form of sound interruptions makes me enjoy my movies.

Imagine you are watching a movie where someone or a group is singing, then the lyrics gets to a point they need to mention "god" and everything goes mute including the beats. Then starts again.
How does it sound in your ear, when u are listening to music and a kid continuously taps the mute/volume button ?
Re: DSTV, Have they got problems with God ? by maxit2(m): 2:05pm On Sep 19, 2013
It's even better if they just replace it with the "bleep" sound as with MTV instead of totally muting the whole sound from the program.

(1) (Reply)

Satellite Intallation And Accessaries / S / Watching Free To Air Channel On A Tablet With Using 3g Or 4g Connection.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.