Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,240 members, 7,807,810 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:42 PM

BBM8.0 Upgrade; FULL TUTORIAL To Register & Download - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / BBM8.0 Upgrade; FULL TUTORIAL To Register & Download (2482 Views)

MTN: People Trying To Register Their Sim Cards Even On Sunday - Photos / [Android] A Step-By-Step Tutorial To Bypass BBM Waiting Line / How To Register A New 2go Account On 2go Chat Messenger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BBM8.0 Upgrade; FULL TUTORIAL To Register & Download by sonickay(m): 2:09pm On Sep 19, 2013
You must have surely caught whiff(s) of something with Blackberry recently. Well among this is BBM8 Channels Messenger. Have you been having problems or issues upgrading your BBM or plan to upgrade easily? If yes...your worries & struggles are over. God said 'my people perish becaus they lack knowledge and learn ignorance the more'.

I have painstakingly formulated this step-by-step tutorial on my own. Albeit how long it is, it will serve as a beacon and put you on the fast track of upgrading ur BBM Messenger as well as other Social Apps like Twitter and Facebook Beta Limited to Blackberry Beta Zone Users without hassles.

Sooo...let's roll!

N.B. Use your native phone browser for all the steps adumberated and enunciated in this tutorial to avoid any problems or 'square one cycle syndrome'.

Every blackberry user has a BBIDentity for sure. It is unsual for a BB user not a BBID. If you don't have, follow the first step, if you have a registered BBIDentity, ignore and simply login.

STEP 1
» In your native browser, enter this URL http://blackberryid.blackberry.com
» Click on ''Signup'' or ''Create One'' Link
» When the next page opens, fill all necessary details reqiured from you and Submit.
» On successful signup, a link will be sent to the e-mail address you used to register with a coupled info. that you should click the link provided in the email sent to you by Blackberry to confirm your e-mail address.

N.B.- for yahoomail users: the blue link may not be visible when you open the confirmation message with your native browser. To display the link, click on ''View Message in HTML''(this is an encoding coding issue peculiar to yahoomail).
» Click the link in blue to confirm your e-mail address and subsequently enter your password to proceed.
» You should receive a message thus ''Thanks for confirming your email address...''
» Click the link in blue ''Return To Blackberry Beta Zone''.

STEP 2
» Since you now have your BBIDentity either newly registered or existing, you can now proceed to register in Blackberry Beta Zone.
»After clicking on ''Return To Blackberry Beta Zone'', click on ''New User Signup''
» Enter all the required fields marked in *
N.B. You are surely not under-age? Tick that first box before you start filling in the details apart from the ones pre-filled for you.
» Your PIN and Device model must be entered correctly; both infos will be used to generate a unique keycode that will be sent to your email prior to downloading beta apps.

REDLINE- To avoid complicity and avoid error messages, incorrect locality details as may be encountered and the notorious ''this service is not available for people in your region...'' barricade; I used some other details. Herein; I used Country- Canada, City- Toronto, Province- Ontario and Zip code as M4B 1B3 (or 1B4,5, 6, 7 or cool. You may follow suit as well.
» Click ''Submit'' after reviewing the info you gave.

DO you know how to jack very well? If YES, peruse everything that shows up after submitting your info. If NO, simply scroll down and click the ''I Agree'' button and submit. If you "Disagree'', you are on your own so far.

»If the next page, displays info that you should sign in to your blackberry ID, you are on the right course. If not, you may be asked to review your. Betazone Registration info.

STEP 3
» On the new sign in display page, enter your blackberry ID login details to proceed. You may tick the ''Remember Me'' box and bookmark for easier access onwards.
» A congratulatory message should load after signing in correctly thus: "Welcome To BlackBerry Betazone".
» On the top-right corner, an account management tab is noticeable. You can edit your account details at the moment if you wish or proceed to the next steps.

STEP 4
» By scrolling down a little further, some programs can be seen outlined as ''Eligible Programmes" I.e programmes you can participate and download. I use these Beta Apps currently: Facebook Beta, Twitter Beta, Appworld Beta, BBM, e.t.c.
» The focal point here is BBM Messenger. It should be among the eligible programmes slide, if not click the side arrows (left & right) to see the available programme on the next slide.
» The BBM Messenger app is represented by its logo and name as ''BBM Channels (BBOS + OS10). Click on the logo.
» On the next page your consent will be solicited. So, click "agree to participate" » Proceed to select language » Agree and submit.
» A page will load next displaying information on the application sought to be downloaded...scroll down, don't take the survey yet!
» Scroll down further, you will see the "download" link in blue. Click on it
» On the next page, you can select your choice download platform. If your device runs on OS10, scroll down, the second download option is yours (BBOS 10). If your device is below or runs lower versions of OS10 choose the first download option- BBOS.
» Proceed, »select language and ''Agree" again!

STEP 5
» Download Prompt...
» You will be notified that you are about to download BBM Channels 8 to replace BBM7.
» Proceed and wait for download to finish!
» When a prompt appears that you should "Reboot" your device, do so.
»» Where you can't or decided not to download the App yet, just login into your Betazone Homepage when you are ready via this URL https://beta.webapps.blackberry.com

MORE TO FOLLOW»»
Re: BBM8.0 Upgrade; FULL TUTORIAL To Register & Download by sonickay(m): 2:35pm On Sep 19, 2013
STEP 6
» On Device Reboot, your BBM8.0.7...packed with amazing features is ready for use
» Just one more!
» When you open your new BBM, a license agreement pops up and bars you. Just scroll to the bottom and enter the keycode
» Which key code? Come on! The one that I told you will be sent to your email when you start downloading the application.
» Once again, open your email inbox with your phone's native browser. You will see a message from blackberry with the heading "BBM KEYCODE"
» Open the message which contains your keycode herein...
» Your keycode is the beginning and end of a coded jargon. It is uncharacteristically distinct.
» Hold down your "^aA" button (beside '0') on your phones' keyboard to highlight and copy the jargon from its beginning to its end and nothing more...
» Open your BBM once again and paste the code
»ACCESS GRANTED you are free to use the BBM8 and enjoy its amazing new features!

N.B. To get over the hangover of coping and pasting this code from your mailbox which I laboured under for two days, I strongly advice that you use your native browser to copy the coded jargon. The code must be copied in a long, straight and unbroken chain line. It must not be copied broken or in indent form. Your native browser hold the key; it will outline the jargon in a straight line format, unbroken and untouched. Using other browsers to copy the keycode will render the key useless as the cursor will bounce back to "Agree" no matter how identical the code is with the one copied is!
Re: BBM8.0 Upgrade; FULL TUTORIAL To Register & Download by sonickay(m): 2:53pm On Sep 19, 2013
I used the above steps adumbrated and enunciated to upgrade my apps. You can as well use it successfully. There are many more to explore on the BetaZone website as well as the new BBM and the new beta apps.

Please if you still have any issue(s) about BBM, post them here, I am ready to help you and improve this tutorial! You can reach me on
BB: 23B9AE4C. You can join my Channel on BBM as well C00123F8B.
Good day, Enjoy!

Re: BBM8.0 Upgrade; FULL TUTORIAL To Register & Download by honsule(m): 9:09am On Sep 20, 2013
i followed your instructions and i have upgraded.Thankz wink wink
Re: BBM8.0 Upgrade; FULL TUTORIAL To Register & Download by sonickay(m): 9:28am On Sep 20, 2013
honsule: i followed your instructions and i have upgraded.Thankz wink wink
You are most welcomed! You see, its as easy as ABC afterall. I still wonder how I spent 5 days before getting it right sha.
Re: BBM8.0 Upgrade; FULL TUTORIAL To Register & Download by sonickay(m): 9:33am On Sep 20, 2013
sonickay: I used the above steps adumbrated and enunciated to upgrade my apps. You can as well use it successfully. There are many more to explore on the BetaZone website as well as the new BBM and the new beta apps.

Please if you still have any issue(s) about BBM, post them here, I am ready to help you and improve this tutorial! You can reach me on
Good day, Enjoy!
honsule: i followed your instructions and i have upgraded.Thankz wink wink
sonickay: I used the above steps adumbrated and enunciated to upgrade my apps. You can as well use it successfully. There are many more to explore on the BetaZone website as well as the new BBM and the new beta apps.

Good day, Enjoy!
Follow follow join my Channel @Honsule abeg
Re: BBM8.0 Upgrade; FULL TUTORIAL To Register & Download by honsule(m): 9:40am On Sep 20, 2013
sonickay: You are most welcomed! You see, its as easy as ABC afterall. I still wonder how I spent 5 days before getting it right sha.

i almost got stuck when i copied the long jargon.I past and click accept it refused.I was searching for ur phone no emphatically only to discovered u gave only BB PIN.i decided to meticulously copied it again.Same problem.i now decided to click on the delete button twice and it accept cool cool
Re: BBM8.0 Upgrade; FULL TUTORIAL To Register & Download by honsule(m): 9:46am On Sep 20, 2013
sonickay: Follow follow join my Channel @Honsule abeg

wetin dey happen for ur channel? grin grin
Re: BBM8.0 Upgrade; FULL TUTORIAL To Register & Download by sonickay(m): 10:01am On Sep 20, 2013
honsule:

i almost got stuck when i copied the long jargon.I past and click accept it refused.I was searching for ur phone no emphatically only to discovered u gave only BB PIN.i decided to meticulously copied it again.Same problem.i now decided to click on the delete button twice and it accept cool cool
honsule:

honsule:

that is due to some spacing issue I.e. some 2-3spacing happen "unconsciously'' exist after u paste...so when copying and pasting, make sure dere is no extra space left at d end/bottom of pasted code. Of course wen u scroll down, ur cursor should automaticaly be on "Agree" and not a space near or farther to the code. Other viewers take note!
Re: BBM8.0 Upgrade; FULL TUTORIAL To Register & Download by sonickay(m): 10:12am On Sep 20, 2013
honsule:

You sha go join first wink
honsule:

You sha go join first.
My Channel is C00123F8B. Other amazing Channels
are Leadership & Blackberry Life- C0009DBDD, Life
Notes- C001204FA, Life Notes- C000547E4, Twin
Physique- C00018151, Words To Live BY-
C0008902E, Z10 Photograpyh- C0006F5AB and
YOGA- Healthy Mind (My Favourite Channel)-
C0006595B...I enjoy the updates from this channel,
you will really like them, especially YOGA!
Re: BBM8.0 Upgrade; FULL TUTORIAL To Register & Download by sonickay(m): 10:44am On Nov 01, 2013
Dear BBM Users,
As an afterthought, I have received several messages about the performance of BBM8.0 and other released versions. Users have complained of awful and increased RAM consumption resulting into slow running or crawling of their devices.
The smooth performance or otherwise of the BBM depends on the device Ram and specifications. It is advised that users delete less relevant applications on their phones to free up RAM memory. This could fix the problem in the long run.
However, if you still experience lagging/crawling of ů̶̲̥я̲ device afterwards, you could be left with the dilemma of downgrading back to the previous BBM7. To do that, go to Appworld and search for ''BBM" of which is BBM7. Download and ů̶̲̥я̲ BBM Messenger will be restored to the previous version.
Good day!

(1) (Reply)

Infinix Hot 5 Vs Tecno C9 / Playstore Payment Issue / Pls Any Old Phone You Can Give Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.