Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,523 members, 7,808,903 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:07 PM

Love Of My Life... - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Love Of My Life... (1257 Views)

Oh! For The Love Of A Biro! / A Poem - Love Of Money / Wearing My Quill Out For The Love of Beautiful Words (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Love Of My Life... by Akinpelumi01(m): 2:33pm On Sep 19, 2013
Please readers, read and comment, correct any grammatical blunder seen. Please and thank you. We are all here to learn.

Thanks.
Re: Love Of My Life... by Akinpelumi01(m): 4:31pm On Sep 19, 2013
-1-

Olufunke woke up exactly 6:00 am, she got herself dressed up to set off for work. She worked in NANANI COMPANY. She studied mass communication in a Polytechnic, she wasn't that brilliant but performed out well. She worked as a tailor in that big company.

She is the only child that didn't die out of all the children her mother gave birth to. She was obedient, good-looking, beautiful and smart. She was one of the best tailors in that company, she received many awards from the company director as the best tailor of the year.

Elizabeth, her mother always cared for her, she do provide her with whatever she needed. She did advice her and help her with whatever she didn't know. She got up and dashed to the bathroom, she took her time, cut her nails and did all the necessary things. She got up and went to her mother's room to greet her and wanted her to pray.

She knocked at the door and waited for her to be told to come in.

'Come in.' She heard from the room.

She opened the door and entered into the room, she knelt before her and greeted her. Her mother started praying for her, she smiled at her daughter and hugged her. She sat beside her on the bed and was with a sweet scent. 'I will be going now mum, I have some things I've not finished at work.

Elizabeth cleared her throat, she looked at her and smiled again. 'Okay, just don't come late today.' She said.

'Its not my fault mum, don't know why many people have chosen this september for many occasions. Its frustrating mum.' She said.

Her mother laughed and told her again not to come late.

1 Like

Re: Love Of My Life... by Akinpelumi01(m): 11:02am On Sep 21, 2013
-2-

Olufunke got to her place of work as early as possible, she was the first person to get to the company. She had a key to the plaza with her, she went right in and started her work after she prayed.

Her father died not quite long after she was given birth to, before his death, he and Elizabeth tried severally to give birth but they were all stillborn apart from her. The family sent them out of the house since they were not that civilized and many of the family member lived in village

Not quite long after then other tailors started arriving. Many of her colleagues did envy her in that company as the best when gifts are to be awarded to people, many hated her, like Toyin, Tola and others. Toyin and Tola were best of friends in that tailoring department, they arrived together that day, since their houses are not far from each other.

'Good morning.' Olufunke greeted them as they entered. They did as if they never heard her greet them as they entered, both laughed and hit hands with hands and went to their seats.

Dadani Company is a great company, it has several departments and shops in it, the tailoring department involves males and females in that department that can design and sow good clothes for customers. There are several sewing machines in that department, each person was entitled to a sewing machine, there are ironing tables also there were finished clothes can be well ironed and sort out.

Each tailor is usually busy in that department, they make beautiful and admirable dresses for people to put on. The company was owned by Dr and Mrs Richards, they built that big company where different people work.

Re: Love Of My Life... by Akinpelumi01(m): 2:35pm On Sep 22, 2013
-3-

The Richards already got another tailor in place of one of them that has left. They brought her to the hall where they hold meeting. She was brought there to be shown to others as a new member. She was sitting at the front and shown to them all. Mrs Richard stood up to adress them all.

'This is Folawe.' She pointed to her. "She's the newly employed worker in this great company. She is like your sister .' She said to them hall.

Folawe stood up and bowed before them. She was smiling.

'I've told her our rules here, as you all know what I hate most, who can remind me?' She asked smiling to them all and eager to see who would raise his or her hand. It was Olufunke that raised her hand up to answer.

'Yes.' She called.

'Lies & stealing.' She said.

Yes, thank you Olufunke. You may sit.' She thanked.

Mrs Richard told Funke to start introducing them all to the girl. She did as ordered and each person went back to work including Folawe.

Olufunke got home early after the hectic day at work. She got home and met her mother sitted on her wheel chair as usual. She was happy seeing her and turned her chair towards the door, Funke hugged her and was also happy seeing her.

'Welcome my daughter.' She smiled.

'Yes mum.' She satd down. "So how has been your day?" She asked.

'Good dear, and yours?' She continued smiling.

'Splendid here mum, so where is Bukola?' She asked.

'In the kitchen preparing the food.' She replied.

Olufunke stood up and went into her room, she went ther and freshened up, came out to take her food, she was hungry.

Mr and Mrs Richards were just in their car, off to their home. Mr Raymond was the one driving while the wife was beside him calling Charles, one of her sons in America. She was using ear piece, she was just smiling on phone because Charles was a funny guy, he had finished his education also and working there. He told his mum he would be coming home in some months time.

1 Like

Re: Love Of My Life... by TemitopeDaniel(m): 2:43pm On Sep 22, 2013
grin 9c job, continue grin 9c job, continue

1 Like

Re: Love Of My Life... by Akinpelumi01(m): 9:35am On Sep 24, 2013
-4-

As usual, Olufunke was dressed in a sweet dress, looking sweeter than before, everything was in place, she carried her hand bag and moved over to work. She was on her way when the a car was rushing and splashed mus on her. The young guy got down from the car, dressed in a sport dress, looking handsome, he saw her beauty and knelt to plead.

Olufunke was so annoyed but cooled down by the guy's humility. "Can I drive you to my house for cleaning up?" The guy asked looking so sorry.

'Me? Your house?' Olufunke uttered softly with her white teeth showing.

'Sure, can I?' He asked again.

'No, don't bother, I definitely have a house too.' She replied.

Olufunke went back home and got to the office late, Mrs Richards had already asked after her from Tola who replied her saying she had told her she would come late that day. Mrs Richards was angry, she hated coming late to work but she knew Olufunke wasn't a person like that.

'Tell her to see me in ma office whenever she arrives.' She said to Tola, walked down to her office. She was a hot tempered woman, Tola and her accompanists laughed at Mrs Richards and all shaked for lying against Olufunke.

Olufunke arrived at the office eventually, she was dressed in another cooperate and nice dress, she was endowed with good dressing codes. She greeted them all and they all smiled at her as if they were happy with her. She headed to the Manager's office without being told by Tola herself. Their mission was not to tell her and put her into more trouble.

She entered and expained all that happened to the Manager, Mrs Richards. "But you've told Tola that you would come late before!" She shouted.

'Me? No ma.' She replied.

Mrs Richards thought of what can be happening, she took her back to the main office where asked Tola again and she repeated it that she told her the day before that she would come late that day and she was supported by others.

'And you know I hate lies!' Mrs Richards shouted at her and walked to her office angrily.

Olufunke started crying.
Re: Love Of My Life... by aprilwise(m): 7:42am On Sep 25, 2013
Gud job but d update is short am hungry for more

2 Likes

Re: Love Of My Life... by TemitopeDaniel(m): 5:26am On Sep 26, 2013
Same ere, wen re u updtn sef?

1 Like

Re: Love Of My Life... by Akinpelumi01(m): 6:10am On Sep 26, 2013
-5-

Olufunke did all her works sadly that day, she wasn't as happy as she used to be in that office, she went home unhappy also, as she was going, she met the same man that caused her all her unhappiness, he was in that same car, dressed in a white shirt and a white trouser. He was putiing on white from head to toe. As he viewed Olufunke, he rushed towards her.

'I'm sorry for all that I caused you this morning, hope you were not late to your office, why are you sad?' He asked.

'You've caused me many things sir, you've made me go through hell today at work. I was humiliated by those who even hate me, my boss also abused me as If that's how I do.' She expressed in tears.

'Please don't so this. Its not up to this, I'm so sorry. That's why I've been waiting here about two hours to see if you will pass this place. I'm so sorry.' He bagged again.

'That's all, its nothing.' She said.

"Let me just go and drop you off your house.' He said.

'Me? I don't know you sir, so I can't even enter into the car.' She said cleaning her eyes.

'It doesn't matter, I know what I've caused you today and I'm ready to pay it all, starting from dropping you off your house. I promise, I mean no harm.' He said looking sad.

'You still don't understand, entering into your car will just be like I don't know what I'm doing, after all I don't know you and you don't know me too, do you?' She asked trying to leave.

'Please ma, you're already making me sad by rejecting this help from me.' He uttered weeping too.

Olufunke waited, she was confused and didn't know anything to do. "Okay." She said and headed towards the car.

He also moved toward the car and started driving her off, as he was going, they started a discussion.

'I'm Samuel.' The guy uttered.

'I'm Oluwafunke.' She replied.

'So where exactly do you work?' He asked smiling at her.

'I work at DADANI company, over that place.' She said.

'DADANI?' He asked surprisingly.

Funke turned her face to him, 'do you know anyone there?' She asked surprised at his surprise.

'That, don't mind me sister.' She said.

'You are a christian right?' Funke asked.

'Sure, I'm Samuel. Have you forgotten?' He smiled.

'Its this side you'll turn to.' She pointed using her index finger to show the way.

'Ooooh! Thanks.' He laughed.

Funke smiled. 'Yeah, that's true that's your name but how close are you to God?' She asked smiling.

'Me? Don't let me lie to you, I'm not close. My bible is just every Sunday medicine, my life doesn't worth an imitation.' He commented sadly.

Funke smiled."That's my house." She pointed again.

'Okay, I like your company. Don't worry, I will come and pick you tomorrow morningm' he smiled.

'No, that doesn't matter. I will go by myself.' She said.

'No, I love your company, I don't think any lady has spoken to me like this again. I want you to change me for better.' He said.

'Okay, that will be no problem. But I leave the house by...' She was saying when she interrupted.

'I knw aunty, just don't worry.' He said.

'I'm not aunty.' She smiled.

Samuel got home, he entered into the sitting room looking so amused and happy. He was living with his mates in the same house. They all finished studying the same course at the same university. They all studied his mood and saw he was happy, what can be happening to this guy? They wondered.

Ezekiel stood up and went close to him.

'Guy, you look happier today, its unlike you.' He commented.

'Sure na.' James shouted from his sit.

'I met one girl today.' He said smiling.

'Girl??' They wondered.

Samuel stood up and looked at them all, he was smiling at them. "Your minds are dirty, I splashed mud on her and helped her sha.' He said.

'Hmmn! Girl!' Kayode nodded from where he was.

They all laughed.

'Okay, I mean lady!' He shouted and laughed.

'It doesn't matter, what about her? Is she sha....' Kayode smiled.

'No, don't tell me rubbish o, she's different, beautiful and holy. She has been preaching to me.' He said, smiling.

'You? Can you ever love?' James asked.

'Why are you guys all foolish!' He laughed.

'Foolish?' They all said together and moved towards him. They gave him the beating of his life.

Re: Love Of My Life... by Akinpelumi01(m): 6:10am On Sep 26, 2013
Does it look longer? Thanks to you all.... Kinda bzi
Re: Love Of My Life... by TemitopeDaniel(m): 1:09pm On Oct 02, 2013
Upd8 na...Upd8 na...Upd8 na...
Re: Love Of My Life... by Akinpelumi01(m): 4:55pm On Oct 18, 2013
grin Lazy of typing bt lyk reading typed 1s..

(1) (Reply)

Write A Book: 10 Reasons Why You Should Write Yours Now / It Is Time To Go Home - A Narrative By Flyca / Pleasure, Trial, Travail Of A Village Corper.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.