Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,477 members, 7,808,746 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:10 PM

Suspect Dies In Custody & Is Buried Without Family Consent - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Suspect Dies In Custody & Is Buried Without Family Consent (19061 Views)

FFK: Hell Will Let Loose If El-zakzaky, Kanu Or Dasuki Is Murdered In Custody / Tears, Tributes As Tinubu’s Mother, Is Buried / Independence Day Bombing Suspect Dies In Prison (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Suspect Dies In Custody & Is Buried Without Family Consent by 2goodbobo(m): 9:34am On Sep 20, 2013
So sad. See how poverty just took this Man's life. O'Lord please bless me financial so that I can be of help to such people that are in great lack.

I can bet my breakfast on this matter that at the end it will be swept under the carpet.
Re: Suspect Dies In Custody & Is Buried Without Family Consent by 2goodbobo(m): 9:35am On Sep 20, 2013
Financially*
Re: Suspect Dies In Custody & Is Buried Without Family Consent by theozobby(m): 9:55am On Sep 20, 2013
Patsey:

Approx £20.00. What a shame. Where is that idiotic Edo senator who can't communicate but is celebrated by Nigerians as Dr Grammar or whatever you guys call him. He is said to be a lawyer, let him come out and take up this case. Are there no human rights lawyers doing pro bono in Naija to help the deceased family fight this case in court?
Forget that one all he does is to abuse arsenal on twitter.
Re: Suspect Dies In Custody & Is Buried Without Family Consent by Baaby: 10:14am On Sep 20, 2013
Just but one day....

May his soul RIP. Amen
Re: Suspect Dies In Custody & Is Buried Without Family Consent by seunlayi(m): 10:51am On Sep 20, 2013
[size=30pt]where is all this so called activists? Are you sleeping ni? Wake up, this is a case that will certainly raise ur profile and fetch a life-line for the family of the Deceased.[/size]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Suspect Dies In Custody & Is Buried Without Family Consent by maasoap(m): 1:03pm On Sep 20, 2013
pappilo:

You make no sense. Stop digging yourself deeper into a hole. A few posters have already pointed out the holes in your flawed and dumb way of reasoning.

Did the family members flout the enviromental laws? So as a grown man, every time I incur a financial penalty which I cant pay, my family members should rally round to pay for me?
Who says every time you run against the law? Who says the family couldn't raise #5000 including borrowing? Do you how much they might have wasted now trying to get justice. Useless family. Some time you don't even know that there is environmental sanitation until you leave your house.

1 Like

Re: Suspect Dies In Custody & Is Buried Without Family Consent by maasoap(m): 1:15pm On Sep 20, 2013
Chomzy19: Y are u bashing D judges? They gave the man an option of fine, He choose to stay 2 weeks in prison, If he had choosen Fine, I'm sure he'll b given @least some days to pay D fine, If because of lack of money he choose d sentence, Then its still a matter of poverty... I mean 5k isn't much ... Please Leave D judges Out of this

There is truly more to the story than meets the Eye, in just 2 weeks his illness became protracted n lead to death. What the nature of this illness? Unfortunately if d man didn't have 5k to pay, his pple sure don't have enough Money to investigate ddis matter to its roots or institute any action against D Corrupt warders
Chomzy19: Y are u bashing D judges? They gave the man an option of fine, He choose to stay 2 weeks in prison, If he had choosen Fine, I'm sure he'll b given @least some days to pay D fine, If because of lack of money he choose d sentence, Then its still a matter of poverty... I mean 5k isn't much ... Please Leave D judges Out of this

There is truly more to the story than meets the Eye, in just 2 weeks his illness became protracted n lead to death. What the nature of this illness? Unfortunately if d man didn't have 5k to pay, his pple sure don't have enough Money to investigate ddis matter to its roots or institute any action against D Corrupt warders
Your comment is purely assumption as if you didn't live in Nigeria. Who told you that the man was given enough time to look for money? Even if he decides to spend 2 weeks in prison, is that enough justification for his life to be taken? I only blamed the useless judge. Because you walk the Street during environmental sanitation, you have to go and spend two weeks in prison! I think community service is the appropriate sanction. Is it even in Nigeria or Edo constitution that the prison sentence is the ultimate penalty?
Re: Suspect Dies In Custody & Is Buried Without Family Consent by Royvic(m): 3:03pm On Sep 20, 2013
end shal neva wonder ohhhhhhhhhhh
Re: Suspect Dies In Custody & Is Buried Without Family Consent by emmyluvly(m): 4:43pm On Sep 20, 2013
Keneking: Take this matter to court
Am sorry to sound like this, Is it the same family that couldn't raise 5k for their brother not to stay in jail for 2weeks that will take the case to court? Who will fund the Advocate(s)? If they take the case to court now, its personal interest. Perhaps they hope to get Claims. God save us in this country!!! The level of poverty is really high. 5k? Smh.
Re: Suspect Dies In Custody & Is Buried Without Family Consent by francisbiz: 7:37pm On Sep 20, 2013
pappilo:

You make no sense. Stop digging yourself deeper into a hole. A few posters have already pointed out the holes in your flawed and dumb way of reasoning.

Did the family members flout the enviromental laws? So as a grown man, every time I incur a financial penalty which I cant pay, my family members should rally round to pay for me?
YOUR FAMILY MUST BE A FAMILY OF SADISTS AND CANNIBALS!
Re: Suspect Dies In Custody & Is Buried Without Family Consent by jindollar(m): 7:49pm On Sep 20, 2013
D story is unpleasant to d hear, I suggest dat d matter should be reported to d court for justice to take place.
Re: Suspect Dies In Custody & Is Buried Without Family Consent by 151487made(m): 9:11pm On Sep 20, 2013
AnOlAd: Ahn ahn.... the way this police people behave ehn... if they want to arrest you, na too die there say u no gooo... Baba were ni Awon Olopa Nigeria yi.... try it abroad! the family is rich for life... because of 5000naira
Una biko, Chineke have Mercy Baba God..
bbros shey na police dey in charge of prison
Re: Suspect Dies In Custody & Is Buried Without Family Consent by Aigbekaenjossy: 12:04am On Sep 21, 2013
All these our judges don't look at faces at all.C what they av turn the six children of this man to.Maybe the man thot Nigeria prison is like the one outside our country.What a way to die.RIP
Re: Suspect Dies In Custody & Is Buried Without Family Consent by Kellif: 8:30am On Sep 21, 2013
Check out this touching Story,so touching. Just click and share. http:///157ULP4
Re: Suspect Dies In Custody & Is Buried Without Family Consent by PeeJY(f): 11:04am On Sep 21, 2013
Na wa o! 5k for a life! Hmmm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari To Deliver Lecture On Security In Liberia / Expect One Naira To One Dollar If I'm Elected - Okorocha / Buhari, APC Presidential Campaign In Kaduna (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.