Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,516 members, 7,801,382 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:33 PM

Lagos State Residents Registration Unveiled. Fashola PICS - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos State Residents Registration Unveiled. Fashola PICS (19297 Views)

Goodluck Jonathan, Nigeria's Best President - Tinubu, Fashola [pics] / Bill Gates Visits Fashola. PICS.... / Banky W Interviews Governor Fashola (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos State Residents Registration Unveiled. Fashola PICS by Chigorkizz(m): 11:38pm On Sep 19, 2013
iamswizz: Misplaced ..............
Re: Lagos State Residents Registration Unveiled. Fashola PICS by Chigorkizz(m): 11:40pm On Sep 19, 2013
[quote author=iamswizz]Misplaced ..............[meaning]
Re: Lagos State Residents Registration Unveiled. Fashola PICS by hardniola(m): 11:46pm On Sep 19, 2013
good thing that kano state as come to learn from lagos state.yaaaah more tax to build Eko atlantic......pay your taxxxx.
I pay my taxxxxxxx sheyy u don pay ur taxxxx(funke akindele)
Re: Lagos State Residents Registration Unveiled. Fashola PICS by madamoringo(f): 11:47pm On Sep 19, 2013
Notice how a lot of Ibos are crying the MOST here. Nigeria has over 250+ tribes BTW. Instead of them to go enact similar policy in Anambra or Imo or Abia, etc the visitor is crying about the landlord and owner chooses to administer his home and property. Oh well, let Lagos take this program to 80 - 90%, then Ogun and Oyo can also start theirs, and then to the other SW states as we integrate our states into a strong, economically viable and über progressive country-state again. For those who are crying and don't want to be registered, I advise you go back to where you can do anything, without law and order. Healthcare, education, unemployment assistance, employment opportunities, etc will in the future be tied to residency rights, out of state or indigenous citizen sooner than later. It is far better to enact similar policies in your state now because, like I said recently, the SW is now opening up another multidimensional and insurmountable lead over the SE and empty bragging will just not cut it anymore. More grease to Orji, Obi and co's looting engines.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos State Residents Registration Unveiled. Fashola PICS by dcitizen1: 11:52pm On Sep 19, 2013
I sense so much ignorance and stupidity among the contributors in the nairaland trying to compare nigeria with the usa. I agree dat america practised tru federalism but the states in the america were not created. The states in nigeria including lagos were created and they can not be regarded as federating units. The only federating units we have in nigeria were the regions especially the east, west and north regions. the conduct of state census in the name of residence id is a misplaced priority and insincerity at its peak. If lagos state need the accurate census of lagos, she can approach the office of the npc to get the figure or national identity management. The finance dat is invested in this venture or project is a completed waste and the exercise is a senseless duplication of duty. National Census is at the exclusive list of the federal government. There are many projects in lagos dat are begging fo attention. We need low cost building for the massess and more secondary schools for the growing population. A situation in which a teacher is serving 300 students or pupil in the class is unacceptable. Most of the state roads are in indeplorable state and the tuition fee in lasu is exorbitant and currently, lagos is the most indebted state with huge internal revenue generation. An average house in lagos is like a local government area. Each home provides its pipeborne water and pay for security. Also, sometimes, it provides its own electricity. Govt need to set its priority right so dat the ordinary pple on the street can feel the impact of the government and enjoy the dividend of democracy. Unfortunately, what we are experiencing is demonstration of craziness.

7 Likes

Re: Lagos State Residents Registration Unveiled. Fashola PICS by Desola(f): 11:57pm On Sep 19, 2013
madam_oringo: Notice how a lot of Ibos are crying the MOST here. Nigeria has over 250+ tribes BTW. Instead of them to go enact similar policy in Anambra or Imo or Abia, etc the visitor is crying about the landlord and owner chooses to administer his home and property. Oh well, let Lagos take this program to 80 - 90%, then Ogun and Oyo can also start theirs, and then to the other SW states as we integrate our states into a strong, economically viable and über progressive country-state again. For those who are crying and don't want to be registered, I advise you go back to where you can do anything, without law and order. Healthcare, education, unemployment assistance, employment opportunities, etc will in the future be tied to residency rights, out of state or indigenous citizen sooner than later. It is far better to enact similar policies in your state now because, like I said recently, the SW is now opening up another multidimensional and insurmountable lead over the SE and empty bragging will just not cut it anymore. More grease to Orji, Obi and co's looting engines.

She's back! cheesy
Re: Lagos State Residents Registration Unveiled. Fashola PICS by Desola(f): 12:01am On Sep 20, 2013
d citizen:
I sense so much ignorance and stupidity among the contributors in the nairaland trying to compare nigeria with the usa. I agree dat america practised tru federalism but the states in the america were not created. The states in nigeria including lagos were created and they can not be regarded as federating units. The only federating units we have in nigeria were the regions especially the east, west and north regions. the conduct of state census in the name of residence id is a misplaced priority and insincerity at its peak. If lagos state need the accurate census of lagos, she can approach the office of the npc to get the figure or national identity management. The finance dat is invested in this venture or project is a completed waste and the exercise is a senseless duplication of duty. National Census is at the exclusive list of the federal government. There are many projects in lagos dat are begging fo attention. We need low cost building for the massess and more secondary schools for the growing population. A situation in which a teacher is serving 300 students or pupil in the class is unacceptable. Most of the state roads are in indeplorable state and the tuition fee in lasu is exorbitant and currently, lagos is the most indebted state with huge internal revenue generation. An average house in lagos is like a local government area. Each home provides its pipeborne water and pay for security. Also, sometimes, it provides its own electricity. Govt need to set its priority right so dat the ordinary pple on the street can feel the impact of the government and enjoy the dividend of democracy. Unfortunately, what we are experiencing is demonstration of craziness.

Story land!

For as long as the country is regarded as the federal republic of Nigeria, it would be considered a federating state in line with the constitution! If you feel aggrieved, tell your house of rep member to lobby the NASS.

Put a sock in it already! Your crocodile tears will not wash! We are determining our own destiny!

Oodua for life!

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State Residents Registration Unveiled. Fashola PICS by Manlado: 12:09am On Sep 20, 2013
d citizen:
I sense so much ignorance and stupidity among the contributors in the nairaland trying to compare nigeria with the usa. I agree dat america practised tru federalism but the states in the america were not created. The states in nigeria including lagos were created and they can not be regarded as federating units. The only federating units we have in nigeria were the regions especially the east, west and north regions. the conduct of state census in the name of residence id is a misplaced priority and insincerity at its peak. If lagos state need the accurate census of lagos, he can approach the office of the npc to get the figure or national identity management. The finance dat is invested in this venture or project is a completed waste and the exercise is a senseless duplication of duty. National Census is at the exclusive list of the federal government. There are many projects in lagos dat are begging fo attention. We need low cost building for the massess and more secondary schools for the growing population. A situation in which a teacher is serving 300 students or pupil in the class is unacceptable. Most of the state roads are in indeplorable state and the tuition fee in lasu is exorbitant and currently, lagos is the most indebted state with huge internal revenue generation. An average house in lagos is like a local government area. Each home provides its pipeborne water and pay for security. Also, sometimes, it provides its own electricity. Govt need to set its priority right so dat the ordinary pple on the street can feel the impact of the government and enjoy the dividend of democracy. Unfortunately, what we are experiencing is demonstration of craziness.

The last Census was criticized by its immediate past Chairman, yet we should take the figures for planning purpose. Is that very smart?
Yes, there are tonnes of government short comings, in all areas.
Population is key to making provisions adequately.
Many exercises are duplicated because of lack of trust and political anomalies.
I think this exercise is very essential for Lagos and they get to maximise income tax and solve all those problems you complained about.
Some jobless guys will certainly benefit from the exercise.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State Residents Registration Unveiled. Fashola PICS by dcitizen1: 12:09am On Sep 20, 2013
Lagos govt initiatives have nothing to do with with the igbo pple. But pple have the right to boycot the exercise if they sense insincerity in it. Must we tribalise all issues? If ur place of birth is not recognised by your host state, the affected pple may not have a sense of belonging to the state and own their allegiance to their state of origin. It is quick to cite the america case wen it involves the state of resident registration but it is not quick to cite d american case wen it come to the place of birth and citizenship . I sense so much insincerity in this exercise and ethnic profiling for the 2015 election to see if other tribe population in lagos posed a threat to the survivial of apc in lagos. Make no mistake, politics is a game of number. If it is very easy to cow the indigene of the state with media propanda and junk journalism, it may not work for the other tribes in lagos. The project about resident registration is about ethnic profiling becos information such as state of origin and age will be provided. I see this project collapsing becos of lack of sincerity of purpose which has become the bane of this country dvelopment from independance to date

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Residents Registration Unveiled. Fashola PICS by olivertwist: 12:10am On Sep 20, 2013
A true Lagosian will love this idea. grin cool cheesy wink

The benefits are so huge. Welldone my Gomina.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State Residents Registration Unveiled. Fashola PICS by Manlado: 12:16am On Sep 20, 2013
@d_citizen: let's hope for the best not the worst.
Surely your Human rights should be protected.
Re: Lagos State Residents Registration Unveiled. Fashola PICS by dcitizen1: 12:20am On Sep 20, 2013
@desola stop fooling ur self. The states in nigeria are mere appendages to the federal government. The state governmors are not in control of the polices which are under the control of the federal govt. Nigeria today is truly practising unitary sytem of govt. Power is concentrated at the center making it strong and attractive but the regional components are weak. The state which u regarded as a federating unit canot contro its own resources and create his own police and driver license as it is done in the usa. Nigeria is federal on paper but unitary in practice. The governors are jst ceremonial chief security officers of the state. The real power lies with the federal government

3 Likes

Re: Lagos State Residents Registration Unveiled. Fashola PICS by deeptesting(m): 12:22am On Sep 20, 2013
d citizen:
Lagos govt initiatives have nothing to do with with the igbo pple. But pple have the right to boycot the exercise if they sense insincerity in it. Must we tribalise all issues? If ur place of birth is not recognised by your host state, the affected pple may not have a sense of belonging to the state and own their allegiance to their state of origin. It is quick to cite the america case wen it involves the state of resident registration but it is not quick to cite d american case wen it come to the place of birth and citizenship . I sense so much insincerity in this exercise and ethnic profiling for the 2015 election to see if other tribe population in lagos posed a threat to the survivial of apc in lagos. Make no mistake, politics is a game of number. If it is very easy to cow the indigene of the state with media propanda and junk journalism, it may not work for the other tribes in lagos. The project about resident registration is about ethnic profiling becos information such as state of origin and age will be provided. I see this project collapsing becos of lack of sincerity of purpose which has become the bane of this country dvelopment from independance to date

May your generation live long! Your submission is simply the objective of this initiative and it is already dead on arrival.. Rest assured that it will be marred by court cases and finally be thrown out of court for lack of merit like the case of JONAH JANG AND BRF (chairman of Governors forum).
Re: Lagos State Residents Registration Unveiled. Fashola PICS by meccuno: 12:49am On Sep 20, 2013
Why are we doing this to ourselves? What joy do you derive in seeing a tribe that you feel is a threat go unhappy? I am very sorry for the youths of this nation....most people who even comment are not even from lagos......what has registration got to do with the igbo tribe? Why can't we be reasonable for once......those who talk of war are those who have not experienced it nor seen battle....praying for an odua republic that would never come to pass....we are stuck together as a nation so we might as well deal with it....the ranting on this forum is getting sickning......be careful what you wish for...
Re: Lagos State Residents Registration Unveiled. Fashola PICS by meccuno: 12:51am On Sep 20, 2013
olivertwist: A true Lagosian will love this idea. grin cool cheesy wink

The benefits are so huge. Welldone my Gomina.
please define who a true lagosian is?
Re: Lagos State Residents Registration Unveiled. Fashola PICS by nnatom: 12:59am On Sep 20, 2013
I am no surprised wit d post of most pple. well wit such post I see many Pple are tired of dis nation called Nigeria. end time tins for Nigeria.

Old Nigeria Old Nigeria,wen u are gone I will always remember d sorrows and joy u gave ur pple.you are a nation where every thing is possible, a nation where governor's wil workout on their president, a nation where there are two political parties wit one name, a nation where u need visa to travel inter-state and deportation is done within it shores, a nation where thieves and corrupted Pple are celebrities, a nation where many pastors are anointed with sexual skills to feed their female members wit ogi as part of charity wrk, there many more tins to write abt u. Oh Nigeria, Oh Nigeria, what a country well 4am Jst 2hrs left to see day light untill den we shall know. may God bless Nigeria and let her be born again.

if u want one Nigeria like dis post.
Re: Lagos State Residents Registration Unveiled. Fashola PICS by agbameta: 1:00am On Sep 20, 2013
Benefits of Registration

Allows Government to determine the overall resources required to formulate and implement policies, projects and programs, when the number of people to cater for is known.

Allows for proper allocation of resources to the appropriate sectors of the economy that meet the needs of the residents of the State.

Assist in market allocation within the State.

Identifies the number and placement of hospitals, schools, libraries and books needed in the State.

Identifies the number of teachers, doctors and nurses required to meet the needs of the populace.

Enables the State Government to classify neighborhoods within the State and determine the population thresholds for certain facilities and utilities provided by the State.

Help analyze and identify areas for urban regeneration and actions to be taken.

Enhances the ability of the Government to plan for sport and recreational centers across the State and properly place adequate staff numbers in facilities such as coaches and trainers.

Aids the service delivery strategy of Lagos State.

Ensures that the Agricultural Strategies of Lagos State Government meet the needs and demands of the residents of the State.

Ensures adequate provision of public goods for the rural and urban population in terms of logistics, transportation and market institutions.

Assist the State to eradicate poverty.

Facilitates better traffic management, when the numbers of potential commuters are known.

Helps determine the most appropriate transportation system suitable for different parts of the State - such as rail, buses, cars, ferries.

Ensures the most appropriate location of motor parks, bus-stops, jetties and terminus across the State.

Improves the health facility provision of the state by determining the appropriate number of health facilities required, their localities, appropriate staff levels, equipment and furniture.

Enables the Ministry of Health to assess the different health needs of different parts of the State.

Assist in determining the most appropriate and effective refuse collection system for the residents of the state and the amount of waste equipment and refuse collectors required for any specified locality within the State.

Population data will assist the State to effectively plan and implement disaster management strategies.

Allows for the determination of type and grading of roads, so that the design of the road transportation system is durable and appropriate to the usage.

Eko o ni baje o

Ile Eko a tu wa lara o..

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Residents Registration Unveiled. Fashola PICS by agbameta: 1:07am On Sep 20, 2013
d citizen:

d citizen:
Olabode george is right on point. Nigeria as a country will fail to exit without the pdp leadership. Pdp is a truely national party encompassing all ethnic groups and representing our diversity as the source of strength. Managing the party is quite daunting becos of shades of ideas, belief and value system but the party remain the best and model political party after ncnc. The party has a strong internal mechanism which it uses to resolve its internal conflict. That is why a regional party like ad, ac and acn which lacks originality of leadership continues to seek inspiration and outsource its leadership frm pdp rejectee, especially atiku, ribadu and the like. political party is like a marriage and hence, there is bound to be conflict. Conflict in itself is the test of strength and beauty of the party. Any political parties dat have no crisis are hypocritical parties. Pdp i strongly believe in will come out stronger than ever before as the leading political party in africa . the anti- democratic forces are weeded out of the united group. If u have been to a federal institution, u will appreciate the beauty of a group of all ethnicities. I appreciate the point made by george even thought his crime were political motivated. There are many politicians who have commited worse heinious crimes dan him but they are still roaming d country and seeking for political relevance. I take a closer look at the msg but not the messenger. Those who are condemning the man are also those who take awolowo who was convicted in 1963 by justice sowemimo of lagos high court of treasonable felony purnishable by 10years imprisonment with hard labour with 800 page indisputable as their hero bf being released by ojukwu frm calabar prison and pardoned by general gowon in 1966. May God have mercy on us in this country full of hypocricy and bankruptcy of ideas

With the red highlights especially the first at the very top, it's safe to conclude that you have akpu all over your breath and your disgusting and ignorant post manifested from retardeen syndrome and dullardism...

I be smelling you skunks from miles away... grin

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State Residents Registration Unveiled. Fashola PICS by GASLINE: 1:07am On Sep 20, 2013
If you don't pay tax don't register cos tax collectors will trace you to your bedroom.
Re: Lagos State Residents Registration Unveiled. Fashola PICS by plasgidy: 1:26am On Sep 20, 2013
Na today!!! There has been so many ids like this in nigeria, national id which was issued by the local govt. Where did it end?

To me this is just waste of time and scass ressus. National id is the best id to use to protect the citizenry and the govt and votes, but its iginored

Definatly there is more to this plan, we will live to see the end
Re: Lagos State Residents Registration Unveiled. Fashola PICS by agbameta: 1:29am On Sep 20, 2013
plasgidy: Na today!!! There has been so many ids like this in nigeria, national id which was issued by the local govt. Where did it end?

To me this is just waste of time and scass ressus. National id is the best id to use to protect the cityzenry and the govt and votes, but its iginored

Definatly there is more to this plan, we will live to see the end

Nna, eyi ga ju o... grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Residents Registration Unveiled. Fashola PICS by dcitizen1: 1:42am On Sep 20, 2013
Agbameta, u have had western education i presumed and i expect u to have a global and broad based mindset. Despite ur level of education, u are still have a narrow mind in this 21st century. Look at what media propangada and junk journalism have done to ur soula dn mind. U need to properly evaluate media report to make informed argument becos the media house now represent the opinnion of those who owned and these pple are not ordinary pple or massess but pple who use presidential jet and impose their daughters who barely have enterpreneurship skills and ideas as market leaders. if nigeria is still breeding pple like u in the 21st centruy, then the future of the country is blinked. Nigeria need open-minded and global thinking pple not a religious bigot and tribalist. All tribes need eachother to survive and a responsible govt should be conscious of her policies thrust to prevent ethnic mistrust which is a weird wind dat blow no good. Those dat bring development to ur region need respect and protection. Anything short of this gratitude is sheer hypocricy and paradigm delusion. Our nascent democracy is on course and any attempt to derail this democracy will be treated as such

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State Residents Registration Unveiled. Fashola PICS by dcitizen1: 1:44am On Sep 20, 2013
@Agbameta, u have had western education i presumed and i expect u to have a global and broad based mindset. Despite ur level of education, u still have a narrow mind in this 21st century. Look at what media propangada and junk journalism have done to ur soul and mind. U need to properly evaluate media report to make informed argument becos the media house now represent the opinnion of those who owned and these pple are not ordinary pple or massess but pple who use presidential jet and impose their daughters who barely have enterpreneurship skills and ideas as market leaders. if nigeria is still breeding pple like u in the 21st centruy, then the future of the country is blinked. Nigeria need open-minded and global thinking pple not a religious bigot and tribalist. All tribes need eachother to survive and a responsible govt should be conscious of her policies thrust to prevent ethnic mistrust which is a weird wind dat blow no good. Those dat bring development to ur region need respect and protection. Anything short of this gratitude is sheer hypocricy and paradigm delusion. Our nascent democracy is on course and any attempt to derail this democracy will be treated as such
Re: Lagos State Residents Registration Unveiled. Fashola PICS by plasgidy: 1:59am On Sep 20, 2013
D citizen, you are well infomed your two notes are very informing infact you make a huge sencesisisisisis. Keep it up. Cheers
Re: Lagos State Residents Registration Unveiled. Fashola PICS by agbameta: 2:26am On Sep 20, 2013
d citizen:
[s]@Agbameta, u have had western education i presumed and i expect u to have a global and broad based mindset. Despite ur level of education, u still have a narrow mind in this 21st century. Look at what media propangada and junk journalism have done to ur soul and mind. U need to properly evaluate media report to make informed argument becos the media house now represent the opinnion of those who owned and these pple are not ordinary pple or massess but pple who use presidential jet and impose their daughters who barely have enterpreneurship skills and ideas as market leaders. if nigeria is still breeding pple like u in the 21st centruy, then the future of the country is blinked. Nigeria need open-minded and global thinking pple not a religious bigot and tribalist. All tribes need eachother to survive and a responsible govt should be conscious of her policies thrust to prevent ethnic mistrust which is a weird wind dat blow no good. Those dat bring development to ur region need respect and protection. Anything short of this gratitude is sheer hypocricy and paradigm delusion. Our nascent democracy is on course and any attempt to derail this democracy will be treated as such[/s]

d citizen:
Olabode george is right on point.

With the quote above and you referencing a thief, a convict and a shamed public servant, you have zero credibility and you have no business talking about any form or brand of anybody's education, in fact, you shouldn't be part of any intelligent discuss.

Please scram and find your level..

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Residents Registration Unveiled. Fashola PICS by 99cent: 2:29am On Sep 20, 2013
Nice one, governor Fashola! cool
Re: Lagos State Residents Registration Unveiled. Fashola PICS by madamoringo(f): 2:46am On Sep 20, 2013
Leave the poster call "d citizen" to cry his hearts out...cry me a huge river boo boo boo! tongue tongue Una never start to cry?? All social services, public services will require state government issued IDs! I live in a big city in the West and no one here can virtually escape anything - good or bad. If you are doing your legal business, you will be very fine - your taxes, fines and dues will always be collected and if you are a criminal, you cannot go anywhere. If you like travel from state to state, US to Canada or anywhere in this civilized world, the law will catch you. If I need to go the clinic, access any public service, etc I must present state issued health cards and driver's license. Since the convoluted arrangement of Nigeria places drivers license with the Federal government, that should not be involved with such in the first place, states must use their own ingenuity, skill and resources to register their residents. If you are mad about it, you can refuse to register but you will not be able to access any healthcare, public or private within Lagos soon, you cannot access education for your children, you can get no government benefit anyway.

Only criminals or criminal minded people are afraid to have the eyes of the law look into their life, legally. Maybe that is why some people are afraid. The good thing is there are 36 states + FCT in Nigeria and you can go to another state with lax laws that lets everyone do anything, no matter how lawless. I am sure every foreign investor will more than be happy to invest in a state with orderliness, everything registered and traceable, helping to lower crimes just like it is done in US, Canada, UK, etc. If some parts of Nigeria want to continue to live in the Hobbesian state of nature of the 2nd Century, please leave the Yorubas and SW part of Nigeria out of your early man paradise! We must and will advance!!

3 Likes

Re: Lagos State Residents Registration Unveiled. Fashola PICS by omonnakoda: 3:23am On Sep 20, 2013
CFCfan: Nice development. This exercise would reveal the accurate population of Lagos State, and help the LASG plan better for its residents.
However, my questions are thus: Has the Lagos House of Assembly passed any law to compel financial institutions to accept the State I.D as a valid form of identification? Do the relevant federal laws recognize State I.Ds as a form of identification?
"The State ID" ? So many words about State ID ,Where did anyone mention State ID? This is about registering "residents". The question people should ask is "what is the purpose?" and benefits etc.
There are many benefits in particular in areas of revenue collection,bugdeting planning and security. Presumably biometric data like fingerprints are collected and stored alongside things like phone numbers and bank account details. Presumably details of registration will be required before your children can attend state schools or access state funded services. If you are involved in traffic violation or other crimes you just show your registration card and are given a summons. No need to fight with LASTMA or "Arrest" vehicles. In fact with good registration details there will be little need for many "arrests" that happen now all you need to do is show your registration have it verified and you are issued with a court summons . Government could have details of your bank account and if you don't attend court they just hit you.

With modern IT technology the registration of resident has infinite potential by the way is there something like this in Ondo ?

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State Residents Registration Unveiled. Fashola PICS by sultanemerald(m): 3:23am On Sep 20, 2013
Kairoseki77: ,

Are you a learner?
I am not being mean, I am genuinely curious.

I just have honestly never heard anyone string sentences together and still make so little sense.

In every country on the planet you must register as a resident of the state in which you reside. There is nothing "indigenous" about it. This is not your tribal census.

You utilize the resources of the state in which you reside. (So you must pay taxes) Are you planning on not paying taxes to give back to the state that provides for you? If so, please leave immediately. You are a deadbeat and will not be welcome anywhere on Earth, not even in your brother's house.

In the US, for example, your only form of identification is your STATE ID. You car, has a STATE license plate. You pay local, STATE, and federal taxes. You vote in your STATE elections, and even get a voter card issued by your STATE dept of elections. The reasons for this are endless.

Who told you that you must carry additional residency cards? You have ONE ID. That is for the state where you reside. Reside is a word that means where you live. Do you live in Lagos? Then you will need a RESIDEncy card. Are you visiting Lagos? Then you do not need one. No one should need to explain this to you.

Move to another state? Guess what! You go get a new residency card. Do you own more than one house? Then you pick a PRIMARY RESIDENCE, and register only in that state. None of this is complex.

We are not savages living in an endless jungle, like they must do in your village. Roaming like pack animals with no fixed address. You get a donkey for that one.

To have a functioning society people must have addresses, ID cards, and pay taxes. None of that exists in Nigeria, but it exists in Lagos State. If you can't handle being a big boy, pack your bags and go hug a lion.

Eko oni baje o. Fools will never slow down progress. On the contrary, we must provide for the disabled. undecided

The level of confidence that you used to spout something so utterly daft is shocking. I am ashamed for you, your mother, your father, your forefathers, and your teachers (if you have had any).

please stop blabbing. do you live in the states? are you a citizen? what is the essence of social security number if you have to register in every state you move to? dont you know if you moved jobs to six states, from your analysis you'll have 6 residency ID cards? please, any state you pay tax, utility bills or might have obtained a drivers' license is your state of residence.
Re: Lagos State Residents Registration Unveiled. Fashola PICS by omonnakoda: 3:31am On Sep 20, 2013
eluquenson: Another deportation saga in the making...eni duro wo tan.
I pity my friend Chinedu & Chikordi cos I go miss them, Fashola get sense die.
Me too! I luv Shinaydooo and Shidibeere
Re: Lagos State Residents Registration Unveiled. Fashola PICS by madamoringo(f): 3:48am On Sep 20, 2013
sultanemerald:

please stop blabbing. do you live in the states? are you a citizen? what is the essence of social security number if you have to register in every state you move to? dont you know if you moved jobs to six states, from your analysis you'll have 6 residency ID cards? please, any state you pay tax, utility bills or might have obtained a drivers' license is your state of residence.

LWKMD! Obviously you are a dunce to speak so much foolishness or you are ignorant and have never lived in the developed world. So because you have a SSN, you don't require any residency status since you belong everywhere to every state?? See mugu! I guess you've been reading NL posts of Yankee based and started piecing it together so that you can talk as though you live here and know what you are talking about! LWTMB! Abeg go your village before you destroy the little left of your reputation in Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Meet The Family Of The #trekforgej Man. / Adeyeye: Saraki-Led Senate Failed Nigerians By Confirming Malami As Minister / IPOB Remains A Terrorist Organisation And Nnamdi Kanu A Fugitive- Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.