Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,516 members, 7,801,366 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:20 PM

Lagos State Residents Registration Unveiled. Fashola PICS - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos State Residents Registration Unveiled. Fashola PICS (19296 Views)

Goodluck Jonathan, Nigeria's Best President - Tinubu, Fashola [pics] / Bill Gates Visits Fashola. PICS.... / Banky W Interviews Governor Fashola (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos State Residents Registration Unveiled. Fashola PICS by bassette(m): 8:43am On Sep 20, 2013
Desola: Muhehehe...ibo people have shot themselves in the foot! Now you will know not to make stupid comments like "Lagos is a no man's land".

Once we know the number of you flat heads that live among us, we would know the implication you are likely to cause us in 2015 and start to checkmate you. All your brothers that live in your shops would no longer be able to do so. We would be able to determine the number of you that live in any given apartment and sur you for overcrowding too. You would have to declare your employment status and apprenticeship in your brither's shop would not necessarily cut it. The more of you that works in your brother or uncle's shop, the more tax he has to pay. Your agony will be endless. We'll catch you one way or another.
with this post all I can say is Nigeria is faaaarr from being Nigeria! AM DISAPPOINTED!!! So sad
Re: Lagos State Residents Registration Unveiled. Fashola PICS by PointB: 8:45am On Sep 20, 2013
Bliss4Lyfe:

Exactly, Stick to your Passport and Drivers License. Those are Federally approved documentation and if the Federal gov finds a need for ID cards, it should be a National ID Card.

Nigeria is not safe and you don't want ur personal information falling into the wrong hands or used by OPC for targeted killings of people of other origin, since Lagosians are diverse in origin. This should definitely be struck off or voluntary not compulsory.

Hmmn,

One begin to wonder the kind of security (logical and physical) and privacy arrangement put in place to protect personal data. The potential for misuse is very huge and quite worrisome. Many will not seek clarification on these, they keep just chanting 'eko ni baje o' like some sheep led to slaughter. They remind me of the sheep in the George Orwell's Animal Farm. Hear their maxim: "Fashola is always right, we will work harder!"

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State Residents Registration Unveiled. Fashola PICS by bassette(m): 8:46am On Sep 20, 2013
KriTic24_A++:

You certainly made a reasonable point going by what you wrote about your Country of Residence. But at the same time, you can't compare our own Country where the people who professed to be leaders but are actually RULERS have refused to let anything meant for the masses work, to an advanced society. You will agree with me that there are laws that you YOURSELF will simply obey in those clime but will come to Nigeria here and flout or disobey because you believe you have nothing to gain or loose by obeying or breaking them here. Over there, you know you can be deported, and you will not want to come back to Naija a deportee.

Your point would have been as educative were it not that you 'SPICED' it up with those abusive words in-spite of your environment and exposure as if you were raised in the streets. Can't you correct a fellowman whom you are obviously wiser, more educated than, without showing it or sound abusive?
Learn to be CULTURED

@deeptesting...there are areas where i think i can agree with you. There was a time in Lagos that drivers was almost carring two licences when there were issues between the Lagos State and the Federal Government because of the harrassment of the officials of both Government.

Today in Lagos, we pay taxes to the State Government and uses the Federal roads, yet the state Gov. foot-drags fixing Federal Roads because funds spent on those roads will not be remitted back to the state in good time.

We live in this clime, so we are better positioned to picture what can follow any policy being implemented by a state. It is just a matter of time.
THANK YOU SIR!!!
Re: Lagos State Residents Registration Unveiled. Fashola PICS by PointB: 8:49am On Sep 20, 2013
omonnakoda:
Yes oo plus we will have your address and phone number. If you "forget" to pay tax we will text you to remind you and if you still don't pay we will visit you to collect.We are not smiling angry

Then you have a lot of work to do. I live at No 13, Adeola Hopewell Street, Victoria Island. My Phone no is 0802397388. Now find me! Olodo!
Re: Lagos State Residents Registration Unveiled. Fashola PICS by Nobody: 8:52am On Sep 20, 2013
Tax evaders
Get ready
cheesy

Eko ni baje oo!
Re: Lagos State Residents Registration Unveiled. Fashola PICS by pandriod: 8:56am On Sep 20, 2013
d citizen:
@agbameta, hw many id cards are we going to be hanging on our neck. We have had enough of id. presently, we use work id, driver license id, national id and tax clearance id and school id. Hw many id do they want us to have. The state resident registration is madness, sheer and crass madness of the highest order. The government need to channel the funds to other sectors of the economy in lagos. Millions of pple are homeless and jobless. A vast proportional of lagosians are hungry and most students go to school with empty stomach. The project is already dead on arrival. I am going to boycot the fruitless exercise becos i have already gotten enough id especially national id which is acceptable in all states of the federation. States of the federations are created and they are mere appendages of the federal govt. If we want to practice true federalism, we must return to the region becos in true federalism, states are not created like in the usa

stop ranting.
Re: Lagos State Residents Registration Unveiled. Fashola PICS by dcitizen1: 8:56am On Sep 20, 2013
If fashola need a true federalism, there are ways to go by it. We need to revert back to the glorious days of the west, east and northern region where the regions are autonomous. The states in nigeria today cannot lay claim to true federalism becos the states are created. In a federal sytem of government, states are not created. Wen american started practising democracy, we have 13 states and as time progresses other independent states which are interested in the union joins the union. now, we have over 52 states in the usa who submit their sovereignty to the union. There is ethnic mistrust becos of indigene and settler dichotomy. We need a national conference first to discuss our terms of collective existence and address the issues of ethnicity and citizenship. The situation where u are born in lagos and pay ur tax as a responsible citizens and u are deprived of lagos state scholarship is unacceptable and discriminatory. pple have the right to doubt the sincerity of the project becos of the recent happening in lagos especially the deportation saga who individual who were born and bred in lagos but deported to their state of origin which they hardly had a connection with and ethnic mistrust coupled with indigene and ethnic dichotomy. National id should be the best acceptable means of identification becos of security and diversity of the workforce in the ministry. The project of state resident registration is poor conceived and it is a waste of resource, ideas and energy and it is dead on arrival. i am personally boycotting the exercise becos of lack of security of my data and ethnic profilling. We must define who is a lagosian and its benefit and lagos should stand on its own as it was in the first republic. Lagos was never part of the western region. History can bear me witness.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Residents Registration Unveiled. Fashola PICS by tjpoet: 8:56am On Sep 20, 2013
Creatrixity: Deportation made easy..Eko oni baje o!
Now you know where they are headed. Its not a bad policy tho but they way things are going it will do more harm than good. The registration is a pure brilliant idea but issuance of ID card again...hmmmm...I don't see how that won't supersede our nat. ID card and even green booklet in lagos state.
Re: Lagos State Residents Registration Unveiled. Fashola PICS by Akanbiedu(m): 9:05am On Sep 20, 2013
PointB: How many ID cards do one need to own to live in Nigeria?

There is the Passport, the drivers' license, National ID Card, Company ID cards, and now this?

Seriously, I think this duplications of ID card is pure waste of time and resources.

Personally, I think the (International) Passport and Driver's License should suffice in nearly all the cases. This Lagos State ID Card is either a pure waste of tax-payers money or designed for far more ulterior motive (666 on mind, Illuminati things lol). The National Population Census suffices for enumeration sake.

I will stick to my International Passport as I see no reason for another round of time wasting session in the name of ID cards. I know this will soon be challenged in the court.

By that Fashola's head make for interesting caricature. Reminds me of hammer head (of horror.) grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

END TIME TINZ in short. shocked shocked shocked
Re: Lagos State Residents Registration Unveiled. Fashola PICS by POTUT(m): 9:09am On Sep 20, 2013
Lagos State is proceeding with signs of half-measures and official nervousness...whether this will be good or bad depends on a lot of variables that are yet to unfold.

I worked in a formal sector for five years until a three years ago. My PAYE tax was deducted at source and it was reflected in my payslip. I also got a tax identification from the State for one year, I didn't get for the rest of the five years due to several administrative and collaboration incompetencies between the formal sector and the State government.

When I stopped working three years ago, of course my tax stopped going to the government, because there was nothing to tax anymore.
Now I wonder, does Lagos still have my data in their tax database? Did they observe that my tax ID had suddenly stopped spitting taxes? Did they transfer my data to an unemployment database due to inactivity? Did they write me a letter, SMS, phone call to inquire my status? None of the above. Did the State care that I had suddenly become unemployed?

Now this brings me to my question. What is the essence of this exercise? I understand the setting up of the agency - LASRRA, but I don't get the urgency or need to for the mass action. This has always been a major bane of Nigeria, attempting to round up solutions, as opposed to gathering discrete solutions. Let me give you numerous examples, and add this to the tax story I started with.

My two kids were born in a private clinic in Lagos. A day after their births, over two years, I promptly registered them at the population office a stone throw away, located in the same compound as a police station and LCDA. If Lagos has a regulated health sector, then even private clinics are obliged to report births every week. Lagos has a data entry point here.

I live in an area that is fast developing in terms of physical houses and shops. Within the enclosure (which we commonly refer to as 'estates' in Lagos), there was no form of layout or planning, consequently, residents have built houses on irregular-sided streets, making for a nasty and unsightly development. Each time when I have courage to ponder it, I wonder where the government was when these smash-and-grab developments were coming up. Of course we have no paved roads or water supply (as it is in Ikeja and environs, you have to dig your own borehole). However, a waste disposal concessionaire covers the estate, and residents are subscribed to them, paying N1,000.00 monthly. I get receipts from these guys every month, and I wonder, if Lagos State regulate these waste concessionaires, then Lagos will have an accurate demography of the residents in my estate, through our waste disposal subscriptions. Most, if not all of these 'estates' have vibrant residents' associations with elections that produce their excos, and they meet every sanitation saturday to discuss mutual issues. Another data entry point.

I update my vehicle's registration every year, through the popular Autoreg scheme. As part of my fees (N1,500.00), I am charged for SMS notification. My phone number is also entered in this data. Since 2008, I have only received one SMS notification (2009), and after that have never received for the next 4 years. The money has gone somewhere, hasn't it? (but let's leave that for now). Another data entry point for Lagos as a State.

During every election, we pretend it is our first election and vote huge sums of money for voter registration. Meanwhile, right under our noses, thousands of students just passed out through our secondary school system and commonsense demands that we sanction NECO & UTME to furnish us with the list of registrants that year, so we can add them to the eligible voters list. The State can also add the registrants/students of school within the State and correlate their guardian/parent information with whatever existed previously. This is another data entry point.

For those who drop out and continue to learn some trade, if the State has got its acts right, they would learn a trade/do apprenticeship under an already tax-registered artisan. If artisans are required by State laws to divulge certain information (e.g number of apprentices working under you and their names) every year in their tax returns, then the State can source an applaudable percentage of the demographic data it requires to do anything. Another data entry point.

When cases are brought to the State magistrate courts (and other courts in the State), another data entry point is available.
There are many more potential data entry points for Lagos, but these will do for now. My point is restated, why do we enjoy rounding up solutions in Nigeria?

The police does it through mass arrests instead of putting together discrete pieces of evidence.
FRSC does it through en masse vehicle re-registration instead of collecting individual data on every vehicle license and DL renewal across the country (facilitated by honest collaborations with State governments).
INEC does same every four years instead of collaborating with hospitals/morgues (for death certificate data), schools (for SSCE/NECO/UTME registration data), Immigrations (for passport application/renewal data). Countless agencies of government engage in the same en masse, knee-jerk and momentary solutions.

We often accuse the FG of practicing a unitary system, in turn, the States also practice unitary systems by stifling the autonomy of the LGs (even through their laws and the ones sponsored by their senators and reps) and concentrating everything upon the executive governor's office, instead of strengthening the services and institutions I mentioned in the examples above. Lagos, and indeed any other State can generate all the demographic data it needs by strengthening and reforming its local institutions, not by the unitary act of registering residents en masse, as if there is about to be one huge roll call event...or is there?

How is it going with the Lagos drivers' license thing? Active or dormant?

I wish Lagos success in another en masse, rounded-up, unitary solution to the challenges that come with statehood.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos State Residents Registration Unveiled. Fashola PICS by ProGSM(m): 9:29am On Sep 20, 2013
Emmm this is not the most important thing for now. I am not sure I want to register.
Re: Lagos State Residents Registration Unveiled. Fashola PICS by telexfree1: 9:38am On Sep 20, 2013
rodbel:

Looooool. You sound extremely pained. Next time think before you make a post aii.

Thank me later!

Nah. Not pained. Actually , that he typed up so much rubbish (an invective laden essay) to prove a point doesn't make him smarter than the guy he was trying to correct.
And thinking about the amount of time/energy expended, he's actually a phoool. I know you agree. Lol
Re: Lagos State Residents Registration Unveiled. Fashola PICS by smithsammy(m): 9:54am On Sep 20, 2013
toothpaste: undecided

Them get server? Who go host the database? WHAT IS THE DATA PRIVACY ARRANGEMENT?

All na wash
you think they are a fool like you? You just want to talk for the sake of it.
Re: Lagos State Residents Registration Unveiled. Fashola PICS by Nobody: 9:58am On Sep 20, 2013
agbameta:

With the red highlights especially the first at the very top, it's safe to conclude that you have akpu all over your breath and your disgusting and ignorant post manifested from retardeen syndrome and dullardism...

I be smelling you skunks from miles away... grin

Bad guy!
Re: Lagos State Residents Registration Unveiled. Fashola PICS by smithsammy(m): 10:08am On Sep 20, 2013
POTUT: Lagos State is proceeding with signs of half-measures and official nervousness...whether this will be good or bad depends on a lot of variables that are yet to unfold.

I worked in a formal sector for five years until a three years ago. My PAYE tax was deducted at source and it was reflected in my payslip. I also got a tax identification from the State for one year, I didn't get for the rest of the five years due to several administrative and collaboration incompetencies between the formal sector and the State government.

When I stopped working three years ago, of course my tax stopped going to the government, because there was nothing to tax anymore.
Now I wonder, does Lagos still have my data in their tax database? Did they observe that my tax ID had suddenly stopped spitting taxes? Did they transfer my data to an unemployment database due to inactivity? Did they write me a letter, SMS, phone call to inquire my status? None of the above. Did the State care that I had suddenly become unemployed?

Now this brings me to my question. What is the essence of this exercise? I understand the setting up of the agency - LASRRA, but I don't get the urgency or need to for the mass action. This has always been a major bane of Nigeria, attempting to round up solutions, as opposed to gathering discrete solutions. Let me give you numerous examples, and add this to the tax story I started with.

My two kids were born in a private clinic in Lagos. A day after their births, over two years, I promptly registered them at the population office a stone throw away, located in the same compound as a police station and LCDA. If Lagos has a regulated health sector, then even private clinics are obliged to report births every week. Lagos has a data entry point here.

I live in an area that is fast developing in terms of physical houses and shops. Within the enclosure (which we commonly refer to as 'estates' in Lagos), there was no form of layout or planning, consequently, residents have built houses on irregular-sided streets, making for a nasty and unsightly development. Each time when I have courage to ponder it, I wonder where the government was when these smash-and-grab developments were coming up. Of course we have no paved roads or water supply (as it is in Ikeja and environs, you have to dig your own borehole). However, a waste disposal concessionaire covers the estate, and residents are subscribed to them, paying N1,000.00 monthly. I get receipts from these guys every month, and I wonder, if Lagos State regulate these waste concessionaires, then Lagos will have an accurate demography of the residents in my estate, through our waste disposal subscriptions. Most, if not all of these 'estates' have vibrant residents' associations with elections that produce their excos, and they meet every sanitation saturday to discuss mutual issues. Another data entry point.

I update my vehicle's registration every year, through the popular Autoreg scheme. As part of my fees (N1,500.00), I am charged for SMS notification. My phone number is also entered in this data. Since 2008, I have only received one SMS notification (2009), and after that have never received for the next 4 years. The money has gone somewhere, hasn't it? (but let's leave that for now). Another data entry point for Lagos as a State.

During every election, we pretend it is our first election and vote huge sums of money for voter registration. Meanwhile, right under our noses, thousands of students just passed out through our secondary school system and commonsense demands that we sanction NECO & UTME to furnish us with the list of registrants that year, so we can add them to the eligible voters list. The State can also add the registrants/students of school within the State and correlate their guardian/parent information with whatever existed previously. This is another data entry point.

For those who drop out and continue to learn some trade, if the State has got its acts right, they would learn a trade/do apprenticeship under an already tax-registered artisan. If artisans are required by State laws to divulge certain information (e.g number of apprentices working under you and their names) every year in their tax returns, then the State can source an applaudable percentage of the demographic data it requires to do anything. Another data entry point.

When cases are brought to the State magistrate courts (and other courts in the State), another data entry point is available.
There are many more potential data entry points for Lagos, but these will do for now. My point is restated, why do we enjoy rounding up solutions in Nigeria?

The police does it through mass arrests instead of putting together discrete pieces of evidence.
FRSC does it through en masse vehicle re-registration instead of collecting individual data on every vehicle license and DL renewal across the country (facilitated by honest collaborations with State governments).
INEC does same every four years instead of collaborating with hospitals/morgues (for death certificate data), schools (for SSCE/NECO/UTME registration data), Immigrations (for passport application/renewal data). Countless agencies of government engage in the same en masse, knee-jerk and momentary solutions.

We often accuse the FG of practicing a unitary system, in turn, the States also practice unitary systems by stifling the autonomy of the LGs (even through their laws and the ones sponsored by their senators and reps) and concentrating everything upon the executive governor's office, instead of strengthening the services and institutions I mentioned in the examples above. Lagos, and indeed any other State can generate all the demographic data it needs by strengthening and reforming its local institutions, not by the unitary act of registering residents en masse, as if there is about to be one huge roll call event...or is there?

I wish Lagos success in another en masse, rounded-up, unitary solution to the challenges that come with statehood.
you try ooooo! You typed this long in other to show your foolishness. The fact that you are educated does not mean your are knowledgeable figure. All your assertions here has no single usefullness. Mind you, "Different data for different purpose" so, you want to prove that you are smart right? Taaaa!
Re: Lagos State Residents Registration Unveiled. Fashola PICS by dcitizen1: 10:25am On Sep 20, 2013
@Mbhs139, lagos state was created in 1967 with mobolaji johnson, a seirra loenia as the military state governor. So, it cannot be regared as a federating . When lagos was the federal capital territory, there was no indigene and settlership dichotomy and the bordering ended at ebutte metta. Pple from other tribes were mayor of lagos pple like ozuba mbadiwe and nnamdi azikiwe was representing lagos west in ibadan and other tribes were elected into lagos house of asembly making decision dat will benefit the lot in lagos. Lagos was never part of the western region and if lagos need recognition as a special state, it should revert to its former status by adjusting its bordering. Bf lagos , there were capitals like calabar and others. Try and get ur fact right . The issues of state resident registration is a waste of money and duplication of duty. If u need figure about d lagos resident, go to the office of the national identity management. Our data is safe in the hand of the federal govt becos of the diversity of the work force , unity of purpose and natioanl outlook. There is a hidden agenda with the project . i sense ethnic profiling and politics in the venture. To me, the project is dead on arrival becos of lack of security of purpose and cosmopolitan nature of lagos which was not refelcted in the lagos workforce like kai, lasma and commissioners

4 Likes

Re: Lagos State Residents Registration Unveiled. Fashola PICS by dcitizen1: 10:35am On Sep 20, 2013
@putut, i support ur assertion. U are right on point. There is so much sheer ineptitude and incompetencie among the lagos workforce. The project is dead on arrival becos of ethnic and politics colouration in the project. The bane of this country is the lack of sincerity of purpose. The beauty of democracy is the plularism of opinion. It is only the sheep dat have not mind of their own. They sold their mind for media propangada and junk journalism which re the handiwork of corrupt and morally bankrupt politicians who imposed their children as a market leader and create a tax consortium dat collect taxes on behalf of the state. Donot ask me who dat politician is. He has joined the league of mohammed ali in london.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Residents Registration Unveiled. Fashola PICS by Slizbeat(m): 10:42am On Sep 20, 2013
At this point in time in Nigerian politics, it is unwise and remains not wise to register for such.

Reason- your vote is easily manipulated since they have your fingerprints and data thereby making your vote to read their candidate. Why can't we think for God's sake?? Why not question them before praising as if u don't know that behind ever project, there is a secret agenda.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State Residents Registration Unveiled. Fashola PICS by Nobody: 10:48am On Sep 20, 2013
smithsammy: you try ooooo! You typed this long in other to show your foolishness. The fact that you are educated does not mean your are knowledgeable figure. All your assertions here has no single usefullness. Mind you, "Different data for different purpose" so, you want to prove that you are smart right? Taaaa!

Hmmm . one of a hundred reasons why we continue to dive down the hole of indignant stupidity.. if you cannot counter with intelligence and reasoning, abuse with aggressiveness.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State Residents Registration Unveiled. Fashola PICS by POTUT(m): 10:51am On Sep 20, 2013
smithsammy: you try ooooo! You typed this long in other to show your foolishness. The fact that you are educated does not mean your are knowledgeable figure. All your assertions here has no single usefullness. Mind you, "Different data for different purpose" so, you want to prove that you are smart right? Taaaa!
Is this a response to an intelligent discussion or is this a rant and insult? Is this what nairaland is for?
Am I restricted by any forum rules on how long I must type? How do you know I am educated? How do you know I am not knowledgeable?
How do you know I want to prove I am smart? Are you nervous about something?
I think you have made some really questionable assertions

Let me ask you, how do you think Google has managed to gather so much data on any single internet-ready individual than any corporation or government in the world? Did they sound a registration gong for everyone to respond to? Google knows the make of the phone you use, and the record of apps you have every downloaded with dates and location. They know you phone number, even your own government can't match your face to your name because of endless data registration exercises that last only while a man is in power.
Lagos should get smart, not get loud.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Residents Registration Unveiled. Fashola PICS by emiye(m): 10:56am On Sep 20, 2013
So the wife of Akwa Ibom Governor will have to register for Lagos State Residency card . grin grin
Re: Lagos State Residents Registration Unveiled. Fashola PICS by Nobody: 11:13am On Sep 20, 2013
Fantastic initiative by the Lagos State Govt. Credit where its due. I hope the other s/western states and indeed the 30 others do the same. ...
Re: Lagos State Residents Registration Unveiled. Fashola PICS by Nobody: 11:44am On Sep 20, 2013
emiye: So the wife of Akwa Ibom Governor will have to register for Lagos State Residency card . grin grin

Lol wicked grin
Re: Lagos State Residents Registration Unveiled. Fashola PICS by itsmayiela(m): 11:56am On Sep 20, 2013
berem: I love the shape of Fashola's head in the third picture. no insult intended! grin

I hope the exercise is free sha! can't wait to have my residential card. cool

EKO ONI BAJE O! cool

How does it compare to map of Nigeria?
Re: Lagos State Residents Registration Unveiled. Fashola PICS by Nobody: 2:01pm On Sep 20, 2013
[quote author=berem]My papa and fashola get the same shape of head. Great men think alike! cheesy

Sai Fashola!

Sai APC! cheesy[/quote

I love mature replies...good one.
Re: Lagos State Residents Registration Unveiled. Fashola PICS by agbameta: 2:47pm On Sep 20, 2013
POTUT: Lagos State is proceeding with signs of half-measures and official nervousness...whether this will be good or bad depends on a lot of variables that are yet to unfold.

Unfortunetly for you, this is not just for working adults, apartment owners, waste collection subscribers, it's for every Lagosian employed or unemployed including students/School children.

Budgeting without any knowledge or idea per how many people you are budgeting for is like walking in the dark, you need to know how many school kids to build schools for and how many teachers to hire and the list is endless.

In fact, when you go to the market to buy food for your family, do you buy food for yourself because you are the only employed member of your family or do you also buy for your kids, your unemployed brother, sister living with you, your aged mother/father living with you>>>>?

You need to know exactly who is your primary responsibility via valid identification for prudent and effective financial, manpower and resource management, security and crime fighting.

All the silly and irrelevant unitary or federal rubbish is nothign but stupidity and ignorance, this is purly a sane and rational public administration tool to better people's lives.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Residents Registration Unveiled. Fashola PICS by agbameta: 2:50pm On Sep 20, 2013
emiye: So the wife of Akwa Ibom Governor will have to register for Lagos State Residency card . grin grin

I saw this coming.... Akpabio and his family don port to lagos so it's a must. lmao
Re: Lagos State Residents Registration Unveiled. Fashola PICS by olivertwist: 3:35pm On Sep 20, 2013
meccuno: please define who a true lagosian is?

' True Lagosians' are:

Those praying for the good of Lagos state.

They are those people that earnestly seek for the rapid development of the city into a mega city.

They are the law abiding residents of the state i.e Yorubas, Hausa, Ijaws, etc.

They are the indigenous people of Lagos state whether home or abroad.

Now, if you are not 3 of the 4 mentioned above, u r not a true Lagosian
Re: Lagos State Residents Registration Unveiled. Fashola PICS by olivertwist: 3:38pm On Sep 20, 2013
Double post
Re: Lagos State Residents Registration Unveiled. Fashola PICS by tim107: 3:59pm On Sep 20, 2013
Homegrown xenophobia! .
Re: Lagos State Residents Registration Unveiled. Fashola PICS by amarilo: 4:29pm On Sep 20, 2013
Good development but when completed if igbos out number Yorubas we will abandon the project. So if this project fails bear in mind I said the reason first.
Re: Lagos State Residents Registration Unveiled. Fashola PICS by omonnakoda: 5:26pm On Sep 20, 2013
PointB:

Then you have a lot of work to do. I live at No 13, Adeola Hopewell Street, Victoria Island. My Phone no is 0802397388. Now find me! Olodo!
You are the olodo. You will register with your fingerprint which is the same for your passport so if we need to find you we will. Your registration will be linked to several other individuals and anyone who phones you regularly or emails you. We are everywhere
We will verify, you think everyone is as dumb as you. We will take your fingerprints and verify other details. We have encted legislation and you are liable to be jailed for false information. MOST people will comply while there will be fraudsters like everywhere else in the world BUT every hospital encounter and school admission will be linked to these cards and we will get bank details too. The reality is MOST people will be captured and random regular checks on phone numbers will be made. We will phone you and if you don't answer we void your card. We will visit your address and if we don't find you we void your card .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Court Sends Agbele To Kuje Prison / Adeyeye: Saraki-Led Senate Failed Nigerians By Confirming Malami As Minister / Lawyer Sues FG, 12 Northern States For Sharing In VAT Realised From Alchohol

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.