Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:21 AM

2015: Why I’m Not Supporting Jonathan- Amaechi…Blasts Uduaghan, Okonjo-iweala - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015: Why I’m Not Supporting Jonathan- Amaechi…Blasts Uduaghan, Okonjo-iweala (34786 Views)

Amaechi Blasts Tukur Over APC Sponsorship Allegation / Jonathan-Amaechi Face-Off: Patience Relocates To Port-Harcourt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

2015: Why I’m Not Supporting Jonathan- Amaechi…Blasts Uduaghan, Okonjo-iweala by Nobody: 9:43pm On Sep 19, 2013
2015: Why I’m Not Supporting Jonathan- Amaechi…Blasts Uduaghan, Okonjo-Iweala

[img]http://ireports-ng.com/wp-content/themes/goodnews47/framework/scripts/timthumb.php?src=http://ireports-ng.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Amaechi-being-decorated.jpg&h=275&w=599&zc=1[/img]

Rivers State Governor and Chairman of Nigeria Governors’ Forum(NGF), Rt. Hon. Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi has fired back at the Minister of Finance and Coordinating Minister of the economy, Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala and Delta State Governor, Dr Emmanuel Uduaghan over their comments on the nation’s economy and South-South support for President Jonathan, respectively.

Governor Amaechi stated that the Nigerian economy is battling to survive contrary to the rosy picture been painted by the Finance Minister. According to him, the Federal Government is yet to pay fully the Rivers State allocation for the month of July.

Amaechi spoke at a programme organized by the Rotary International, District 9140 for young future leaders at the Rivers State University of Science and Technology, Port Harcourt, Thursday.

On Governor Uduaghan’s remarks that opposition to President Goodluck Jonathan should not come from the President’s South-South region, Governor Amaechi stated that he considers Nigeria’s national interest far and above any other (regional) interest.

This was as he challenged young men and women to become interested in governance issues and demand and get responses from those in government.

He bemoaned the fact that those fighting a just cause were being maligned on the altar of public criticism, stating also that Nigerians suffer from not asking relevant questions.

“When you are principled in Nigeria and you stand on your principles, what do they call you? ‘Stubborn’, the audience chorused. “They expect you to compromise at a point but when you refuse to compromise, you are a very stubborn man”.

“We(NGF) asked the Minister for Finance to resign if she is not able to manage the economy and she replied that ‘I dey kampe’. As at now, we are yet to receive complete, the federation allocation for July. How strong is an economy that cannot fund its statutory state government federal allocation? Our entitlement as Rivers State Government in July was N19 billion, they have paid us only N14 billion, you get the point? Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) published receipt of N1.05 trillion in July, so why do they say that there is no money? If we receive N1.05 trillion by July, why are they saying there is no money”? , he queried.

“Now, why am I saying this to you? I am saying it because as potential leaders, you must learn to ask questions. If you think that the youths spur me, you don’t, you don’t inspire me. Why don’t you inspire me? Because you are learning to be like us. Let me paint the image of us – corrupt, poor leadership, that’s what you are copying…”

“We produce oil and we are one of the poorest nations in the world, are we not? Which nation would allow a Commissioner of Police like (Joseph) Mbu to continue to be Commissioner of Police other than in Nigeria? ‘Iraq, Syria’, the crowd chorused. “Maybe, Syria. So, you see our peers: Syria, Iraq, Pakistan. I am sharing experiences with you before I talk about the issue of leadership.”

“Now, I read today’s paper and my friend (Governor Emmanuel) Uduaghan (of Delta State) says anybody who is from South-South should not oppose our President, should not have a different view from our president. Did you read it? I will reply him but let me start replying him from here. First, I am a Nigerian… The reason why you have South-South, South-West, South-East, South this, North-West, North that, is because in Nigeria what you have in leadership is a wreck culture. I would have brought you a book titled ‘It’s our turn to eat’ in Kenya. In Nigeria, it should be what, ‘It’s our turn to chop’.

“Now the reason why you have this South-West, South-East, North-West, North this, North that and all that is because you have a wreck culture where all we care about is how to share the till… So, South-South has shared for four years, how many of you have benefitted from the sharing for four years, raise your hand, how many of you, ‘none’, ” the crowd again chorused. “So none. How many of you passed through East-West road, how was the road”. “Bad”, they again chorused. “And our President is from South-South, so you see why I should support the President? ”No ooo”, the crowd chorused again.

“So, the basic rule is that none of us should oppose our President if you are from South-South, that is what the man(Uduaghan) tells us…”

He urged the youths to arm themselves with education to revive Nigeria which is comatose, expressing sadness that the country’s poverty rate has risen to an unbearable level where many Nigerians hardly get enough to eat.

“Now for you as young men and women, we present you a nation that is yearning for repair. For me, the nation does not only need repair, it requires change.”

“In 1970, the poverty rate in Nigeria was 30 per cent. How many of you know the poverty rate now? I was in a meeting where I said it was 70%, the Minister of Finance said it was 68%. What’s the difference between 68 and 70? So, we are giving you a nation that is in the state of comatose, that’s what we are handing over to you.”

“If it is a nation that is progressing, from 30% in 1970, we should be talking about 15% now. So you have work to do and the first step to that work is education”, Amaechi said.

He explained that his administration introduced free education in the state to afford everyone, particularly poor parents the opportunity of sending their children to school, lamenting that the cost of education in the country had denied education to most Nigerians. Governor Amaechi also used the occasion to commend Rotary International for complementing state governors in the fight against polio.

Earlier, the District Governor of Rotary International District 9140, Dr Charles Oniawan said Rotary unites people from all nationalities and backgrounds, saying that the programme was designed to give the youth leadership skills to serve the people and humanity. Among those present at the event was former Rivers State Deputy Governor in Dr Peter Odili’s administration, Sir G.T.G. Toby who is a former District Governor of Rotary International.

Source

57 Likes

Re: 2015: Why I’m Not Supporting Jonathan- Amaechi…Blasts Uduaghan, Okonjo-iweala by Nobody: 9:50pm On Sep 19, 2013
He is equally part of the rot..the PDP rot of the past 14 yrs circa

11 Likes

Re: 2015: Why I’m Not Supporting Jonathan- Amaechi…Blasts Uduaghan, Okonjo-iweala by Nobody: 9:58pm On Sep 19, 2013
See how this northern stooge has turned himself to a cry cry baby.

16 Likes

Re: 2015: Why I’m Not Supporting Jonathan- Amaechi…Blasts Uduaghan, Okonjo-iweala by ochejoseph(m): 10:02pm On Sep 19, 2013
Amaechi !!!!! I see pure Arrogance ,lack of Respect, Selfishness and Studpidity of the highest Order.
Just becos my Brothers in the North have offered You ZoBo plus or minus Fura da nono you have decided to sell your region .
Its a shame people like Amaech'i are allowed to speak at a University!

Amaechi May your wishes never come true

GOD BLESS NIGERIA

71 Likes

Re: 2015: Why I’m Not Supporting Jonathan- Amaechi…Blasts Uduaghan, Okonjo-iweala by doctokwus: 10:08pm On Sep 19, 2013
Eventhough amaechi may av selfish motives,now disguised in populist gear to oppose GEJ,one must take d positive from this:dat it has enabled d nation to get to know d rot in a system& d difference this time is dat names are being mentioned,& if for nothing,amaechi shd b praised because av never witnessed some one so bold enuf in d nigerian political sphere to directly mention names of his adversaries& tel dem to their faces what he does not like about dem& why he opposes dem.

163 Likes

Re: 2015: Why I’m Not Supporting Jonathan- Amaechi…Blasts Uduaghan, Okonjo-iweala by kokoA(m): 10:12pm On Sep 19, 2013
ALAKE_OF_EGBA: He is equally part of the rot..the PDP rot of the past 14 yrs circa
He never exonerated himself from being part of the rot. @topic.. I think Uduaghan was totally wrong. As a political leader, he shouldn't be making statements capable of polarizing the already polarized country further. What's the meaning of " opposition to the president should not come from his south-south zone". So, the south-south people should keep pretending all is well since "their son" is president. Smh.

103 Likes

Re: 2015: Why I’m Not Supporting Jonathan- Amaechi…Blasts Uduaghan, Okonjo-iweala by PehaKaso: 10:12pm On Sep 19, 2013
Amechi jst finish ur tenure, we'll withdraw ur security aides 4rm u & send u 2 d great beyond. F*ucking TRAITOR

10 Likes

Re: 2015: Why I’m Not Supporting Jonathan- Amaechi…Blasts Uduaghan, Okonjo-iweala by Nobody: 10:16pm On Sep 19, 2013
Good points! In as much I concur with you on those points raised,I totally frown @ the lies told to them as your reason for not supporting GEJ. Well, its called a smoke screen for those who cannot see beyound Vice president ambition!

2 Likes

Re: 2015: Why I’m Not Supporting Jonathan- Amaechi…Blasts Uduaghan, Okonjo-iweala by oshyno(m): 10:19pm On Sep 19, 2013
I want to ask Amaechi, how long has he been in the government ? Or is it when he becomes the president that he can turn Nigeria to USA.
The loudest politician in Nigeria is one that is not benefiting from it. Put him in the cabal and watch him go numb. Abati cant say pim now. Dino melaye only revolted when Bankole schemed him out of juicy position in d House. I hate to hear these guyz appear to us as saviors whereas they are second to Jezebel.

27 Likes

Re: 2015: Why I’m Not Supporting Jonathan- Amaechi…Blasts Uduaghan, Okonjo-iweala by clip: 10:22pm On Sep 19, 2013
So Ameachi has this courage and Princple ,how come during Odili. He was rubber stamp speaker of house of assembly.
No I forget his Princle at home then. Thief

16 Likes

Re: 2015: Why I’m Not Supporting Jonathan- Amaechi…Blasts Uduaghan, Okonjo-iweala by redsun(m): 10:22pm On Sep 19, 2013
How is amaechi different from gej.What does he do with the state allocation that is worth commending?How rich was he before he became and governor and how rich is he now?

8 Likes

Re: 2015: Why I’m Not Supporting Jonathan- Amaechi…Blasts Uduaghan, Okonjo-iweala by Nobody: 10:23pm On Sep 19, 2013
Amaechi = Sabo. I pity his political future.

1 Like

Re: 2015: Why I’m Not Supporting Jonathan- Amaechi…Blasts Uduaghan, Okonjo-iweala by ogb5(m): 10:35pm On Sep 19, 2013
kokoA: He never exonerated himself from being part of the rot. @topic.. I think Uduaghan was totally wrong. As a political leader, he shouldn't be making statements capable of polarizing the already polarized country further. What's the meaning of " opposition to the president should not come from his south-south zone". So, the south-south people keep pretending all is well since "their son" is president. Smh.

Uduaghan is very correct, the south south people are not in a position to be oposing the president publicly, moreso south south people in the ruling party. How many yoruba pdp governors opposed obasanjo when he was president, how many northern pdp governors opposed Yar ardua?

The south south pdp governors have unlimited access to Jonathan, if they have any idea that can move the country forward, they should meet GEJ and discuss their ideas and try to sell their ideas to him. Castigating GEJ publicly will not bring Amaechi any good.

Amaechi claim that the poverty level has increased from 30% in the 70s to 70% today, what he failed to realize is that the northerners he is presently romancing are largely responsible to the increased poverty in the land

51 Likes

Re: 2015: Why I’m Not Supporting Jonathan- Amaechi…Blasts Uduaghan, Okonjo-iweala by Nobody: 10:43pm On Sep 19, 2013
doctokwus: Eventhough amaechi may av selfish motives,now disguised in populist gear to oppose GEJ,one must take d positive from this:dat it has enabled d nation to get to know d rot in a system& d difference this time is dat names are being mentioned,& if for nothing,amaechi shd b praised because av never witnessed some one so bold enuf in d nigerian political sphere to directly mention names of his adversaries& tel dem to their faces what he does not like about dem& why he opposes dem.
Dont talk abot been bold ok. If he need a lesson on hw to be bold he shud meet OUK. He is stuupid and arrogant. I serve in river state the community were i serve hav nt seen electric pole b4 yet his closest friend Loyld came 4rm dat community and he is here ranting and talking abot corruption and poverty rate. Wen his state that recieves a hug amount of money are languishing in poverty. Nonsense

12 Likes

Re: 2015: Why I’m Not Supporting Jonathan- Amaechi…Blasts Uduaghan, Okonjo-iweala by kokoA(m): 10:57pm On Sep 19, 2013
ogb5:

Uduaghan is very correct, the south south people are not in a position to be oposing the president publicly, moreso south south people in the ruling party. How many yoruba pdp governors opposed obasanjo when he was president, how many northern pdp governors opposed Yar ardua?

The south south pdp governors have unlimited access to Jonathan, if they have any idea that can move the country forward, they should meet GEJ and discuss their ideas and try to sell their ideas to him. Castigating GEJ publicly will not bring Amaechi any good.

Amaechi claim that the poverty level has increased from 30% in the 70s to 70% today, what he failed to realize is that the northerners he is presently romancing are largely responsible to the increased poverty in the land
you have made a very sensible comment devoid of the usual "gutter criticism" of nairalanders. I respect you for that. But you must understand that the fact that the yoruba and hausa governors never criticised their OBJ and UMY doesn't make Uduaghan right. Change must start from somewhere. Amaechi may not be the needed face of change but the fact remains that what he said up there is 100 percent true. We must learn to tell our politicians the truth irrespective of where they come from or what language they speak.

34 Likes

Re: 2015: Why I’m Not Supporting Jonathan- Amaechi…Blasts Uduaghan, Okonjo-iweala by Sunnybobo3(m): 11:09pm On Sep 19, 2013
If he so considers Nigeria's interest above that of his state or region, he should advocate for the abrogation of the 13% derivation revenue so that all the states of the Federation can share equally from the nation's resources.

Who is fooling who?

12 Likes

Re: 2015: Why I’m Not Supporting Jonathan- Amaechi…Blasts Uduaghan, Okonjo-iweala by Abagworo(m): 11:17pm On Sep 19, 2013
Sunny_bobo: If he so considers Nigeria's interest above that of his state or region, he should advocate for the abrogation of the 13% derivation revenue so that all the states of the Federation can share equally from the nation's resources.

Who is fooling who?

I and Amaechi have a whole lot in common. Maybe its from the blood. Why is it difficult for Nigerians to look beyond tribe which in itself is a British construct?

9 Likes

Re: 2015: Why I’m Not Supporting Jonathan- Amaechi…Blasts Uduaghan, Okonjo-iweala by Mylove55(f): 11:18pm On Sep 19, 2013
PehaKaso: Amechi jst finish ur tenure, we'll withdraw ur security aides 4rm u & send u 2 d great beyond. F*ucking TRAITOR
f*ol.u and gej is d traitor to nigeria.u better divide nigeria than be a f*ol.did u like dis nation,d way it is right now?

3 Likes

Re: 2015: Why I’m Not Supporting Jonathan- Amaechi…Blasts Uduaghan, Okonjo-iweala by ballabriggs: 11:20pm On Sep 19, 2013
That a government struggling to finance its budget talks of a thriving economy tells one these people may not be mentally stable after all.

6 Likes

Re: 2015: Why I’m Not Supporting Jonathan- Amaechi…Blasts Uduaghan, Okonjo-iweala by Tuntheycr7: 11:23pm On Sep 19, 2013
Make all dis yeye policthiefians let us hear word jawe. Haba !
Re: 2015: Why I’m Not Supporting Jonathan- Amaechi…Blasts Uduaghan, Okonjo-iweala by fagbalex(m): 11:27pm On Sep 19, 2013
ogb5:

you're a tribalistic individual, bigot, as the truth unveiled to you but you still turn your back on it simply because of regional interest that mean. you need to know what democracy is all about or your should go and ask those that did government in secondary school if you didn't.

4 Likes

Re: 2015: Why I’m Not Supporting Jonathan- Amaechi…Blasts Uduaghan, Okonjo-iweala by Atouke: 11:37pm On Sep 19, 2013
[b]Ameachi should learn from his political godfather/master odili whom he betrayed, that the Northerners that are smiling and trolling with him today will not stand by him when it counts they spurred Odili on and when it was time they dumped him. they will do same to him amaechi.

Of what gain is it to Amaechi to fight his south south brother and in law? even if you personally don't like him family decorum demands that you show him respect and get along after all every one of us have a family member we are not too warm towards.

he has extended his war fronts to include Uduaghan whom he pretended to be friends with initially, Ngozi iweala, Akpabio and jonathan all from his south south. am afraid it a lot of fronts to fight from especially when they are so close to home. Its good to have home support for any war you want to fight at least if you lose the war you have a supporting home+people to return to.

That said i like what Amaechi has done in terms of schools, and healthcare in rivers state and alos the 13,000 teachers he employed to staff the new schools. [/b]

4 Likes

Re: 2015: Why I’m Not Supporting Jonathan- Amaechi…Blasts Uduaghan, Okonjo-iweala by mekaboy(m): 11:39pm On Sep 19, 2013
So all this noise is because of 5billion naira? The finance minister should resign because you have not received the remaining 5billion for july?

You also claimed the economy is not booming as the finance minister said, you are suggesting our economy is in bad shape.

You then say we received about 1.5 trillion as at july, and asking why they say there is no money. So you admit that there is money.

When ever you hear these politician rant and call for peoples sack, its not really for the interest of the masses, it is for their own selfish interest.

The masses should ask what have u done with the 14billion you received already.

12 Likes

Re: 2015: Why I’m Not Supporting Jonathan- Amaechi…Blasts Uduaghan, Okonjo-iweala by Nobody: 11:49pm On Sep 19, 2013
ogb5:

Very correct. What Amaechi is doing is not only opposition to the president but CONFRONTATION. If he says he's a member of the PDP and from the same region as the president, then there several channels for him to communicate his grievances to the president. Worst still is his attempt to use the NGF as an alternative govt to fight the president.

Also the East-West Road mentioned by Amaechi, is not a 2km road. This is a massive 360km dual carriage way, with over 30 bridges. Even if govt has all the resources, can it be completed in 2 years? Amaechi has spent over 6 years in office but has he finished constructing all the state roads in Rivers State? This is more like one leaving the log of wood in his eyes while trying to remove the speck in another man's eye. That is why I insist that criticisms must be fair and based on realistic expectations.

18 Likes

Re: 2015: Why I’m Not Supporting Jonathan- Amaechi…Blasts Uduaghan, Okonjo-iweala by Tekzyflex(m): 12:26am On Sep 20, 2013
This Ameachi is really getting annoying. So loquacious!

3 Likes

Re: 2015: Why I’m Not Supporting Jonathan- Amaechi…Blasts Uduaghan, Okonjo-iweala by lacasa: 12:55am On Sep 20, 2013
This is currently the most straightforward and refined Governor the South-South has in Nigeria

All others are baboon looking sycophants

They blame the Northerner for their otuoke incompetence grin

#. . Let them enjoy it while it lasts, 2015 is the year Nigerians (the real Nigerians) will elect competence over shoe-lessness grin

16 Likes

Re: 2015: Why I’m Not Supporting Jonathan- Amaechi…Blasts Uduaghan, Okonjo-iweala by Atouke: 12:59am On Sep 20, 2013
lacasa: This is currently the most straightforward and refined Governor the South-South has in Nigeria
All others are baboon looking sycophants
They blame the Northerner for their otuoke incompetence grin
#. . Let them enjoy it while it lasts, 2015 is the year Nigerians (the real Nigerians) will elect competence over shoe-lessness grin

You mean like obasanjo 8 yrs of competence looting and corruption?

6 Likes

Re: 2015: Why I’m Not Supporting Jonathan- Amaechi…Blasts Uduaghan, Okonjo-iweala by okooloyun1(m): 1:01am On Sep 20, 2013
Re: 2015: Why I’m Not Supporting Jonathan- Amaechi…Blasts Uduaghan, Okonjo-iweala by Stunner1(f): 1:21am On Sep 20, 2013
na dem sabi
Re: 2015: Why I’m Not Supporting Jonathan- Amaechi…Blasts Uduaghan, Okonjo-iweala by Kanwulia: 1:37am On Sep 20, 2013
Like Nigeria, like Nairaland!

There are OKONJO-IWEALAS and there are UDUAGHANS!!!

Jonathan's azzzze-KIZZZZZAZ!!! grin

Harvard AJIBOLEH!!!!
Re: 2015: Why I’m Not Supporting Jonathan- Amaechi…Blasts Uduaghan, Okonjo-iweala by adconline(m): 1:38am On Sep 20, 2013
Amechi is as corrupt as GEJ. He runs a state with $3bn/yr budget and has nothing to show for that in his 2nd term. Where did he get $50m to pay for his jet? PHC roads are riddled with pot holes. Rivers is a one city state, yet, PHC lacks basic infrastructures like good road network. Rivers is one of the heavily indebted states and it does not have any ongoing massive infrastructural programme, so what were the debts used for?

6 Likes

Re: 2015: Why I’m Not Supporting Jonathan- Amaechi…Blasts Uduaghan, Okonjo-iweala by Nobody: 1:39am On Sep 20, 2013
On point! Even garri sef na witness! #500/paint rubber God punish okonjo frogeyes iwela

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Senate Rejects Bill To Recognise Anambra As Oil Producer / Pantami: "I Have Changed Several Positions Taken In The Past" / Azikiwe, Ahmadu Bello And Awolowo In A Happy Mood (Throwback Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.