Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,332 members, 7,780,869 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:20 AM

Ince Is Blackburn's New Manager - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ince Is Blackburn's New Manager (1848 Views)

Yakubu To Leave Blackburn & Join Guangzhou R&F / Yakubu Missed A Penalty Against Liverpool In A 3 - 2 Defeat For Blackburn / Yakubu Scores Four In Blackburn Win (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ince Is Blackburn's New Manager by A40(m): 6:30pm On Jun 22, 2008
Paul Ince is now the first black English manager to coach a premier league team, he has made his mark in lower divisions do you think he can make something happen in the premiership? I definitely hope so
Re: Ince Is Blackburn's New Manager by 4Play(m): 6:40pm On Jun 22, 2008
I'm hoping he is very successful.The fact that he is only the first Black British manager is outrageous.If my memory serves me well,I think there are no more than 3 black managers in all the major leagues(out of 72 clubs).

Compared to the other candidates mooted for the job,he is just as capable. Possible future Utd manager if he excels,though Hughes is currently ahead of the pecking order.
Re: Ince Is Blackburn's New Manager by akinalabi(m): 10:16pm On Jun 22, 2008
I wish him well. . .

I like Paul Ince very much. As a footballer, as a manager and
as an individual.

As a player, he was a titan in United's midfield before he moved
to Inter and who can forget his bloodied, bandaged head at the
Olympic stadium in Rome during the world cup qualifier between
England and Italy in 1997?

As a manager, he did very well with MK Dons, winning the St
Johnstone Paint Trophy at Wembley a few months ago and winning
promotion in style.

As an individual, I was priviledged to meet him at Central Milton
Keynes and his simplicity and warmth really impressed me.

This is a big chance for him to step into the big time.

I really hope he succeeds. . .
Re: Ince Is Blackburn's New Manager by A40(m): 6:58pm On Jun 23, 2008
I hope so too even though it will be a difficult job for him one can only hope the Blackburn fans will be patient with him if things dont start well
Re: Ince Is Blackburn's New Manager by Ibime(m): 9:47pm On Jun 23, 2008
4 Play:

I'm hoping he is very successful.The fact that he is only the first Black British manager is outrageous.If my memory serves me well,I think there are no more than 3 black managers in all the major leagues(out of 72 clubs).

There are only two black managers in professional football in England. Paul Ince is also the first Black British manager in the prem. When you consider that France is a more racist society than Britain, yet they have produced two top flight black coaches in Tigana and Kambuari of Valenciennes and even the President of Marseille, Papa Diouf is black, it makes you wonder.
Re: Ince Is Blackburn's New Manager by marosky(m): 3:04pm On Jun 24, 2008
happy for 'the governor'.
Re: Ince Is Blackburn's New Manager by 4Play(m): 7:21pm On Jun 24, 2008
Ibime:

There are only two black managers in professional football in England. Paul Ince is also the first Black British manager in the prem. When you consider that France is a more racist society than Britain, yet they have produced two top flight black coaches in Tigana and Kambuari of Valenciennes and even the President of Marseille, Papa Diouf is black, it makes you wonder.

One Times journalist,Matt Dickinson, claimed that it wasn't down to racism for,according to him,if a club's board felt a black person will be a success,they will appoint him.I thought it was an incredibly stupid comment.

Presumably,in over 100 years of football prior to Ince's appointment,the various boards have only deemed 2 'black' people-Tigana and Gullit-as worthy of coaching a top division team.

Even Tigana's appointment with Fulham was made by M'ohammed Al-Fayed(an Arab) so effectively,Gullit is the only black person deemed capable of managing a top flight English club by Caucasian board members in over 100 years.
Re: Ince Is Blackburn's New Manager by A40(m): 8:39pm On Jun 24, 2008
Hopefully more black youths will take up to coaching i wonder when the Gunners will get their first black manager hopefully in my life time
Re: Ince Is Blackburn's New Manager by LASIEFAIRE(m): 8:40pm On Jun 24, 2008
We need to start looking past the skin color.
Re: Ince Is Blackburn's New Manager by Searchingvictor: 2:11am On May 22, 2022
A40:
I hope so too even though it will be a difficult job for him one can only hope the Blackburn fans will be patient with him if things dont start well

Boss

(1) (Reply)

Mitv Sportscaster Adeolu Olanihun Dies At 41 / Ronaldo Overtakes Messi On European Goals / Neymar Or Bale. #elclasico

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.