Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,881 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:20 AM

Tecno P5 Discussion Thread - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tecno P5 Discussion Thread (438028 Views)

Tecno P5+ Discussion / Infinix zero discussion thread! / Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (186) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Nobody: 9:46am On Sep 20, 2013
Judinho59:
So True!!!!

I haven't seen a low-end device with a battery capacity like that of L3..

I think this p5 is a worthy competitor to P2... The only reason I won't get it is the Same reason I won't get P2.. RAM!! I await M7 / D7 / L7
CRYSTAL CLEAR!!!
U nailed a vital point why u wuld pass by either devices.
Simple and straight 4ward.
Am not here to make silly comparisons.
I was only trying 2 make a point on the bat3 backup and not brand name.......
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Nobody: 9:49am On Sep 20, 2013
Godvilla: Now this is what we should be talking about... It beats this or that!!!
If i may ask, in what way does it beat P2?
Btw: this is 16k5 which i'll confirm later on while the P2 was 15k?
NO justification here.
Just as Dragnet stated, its all about competition and yes, this device will compete against P2.

LOL!!!

Y'all say Tecno phones are cheap and not durable. Does that mean P2 aint durable?? undecided
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Neduzze5(m): 9:52am On Sep 20, 2013
Gionee P2 still on my mind but I'll check this one out though

1 Like

Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Nobody: 9:57am On Sep 20, 2013
Judinho59:

LOL!!!

Y'all say Tecno phones are cheap and not durable. Does that mean P2 aint durable?? undecided
Read btw the lines dude........
If both device hav the same specs and the other is on the high in regards 2 price factor, who's then wuld u say is on the librating side?
Dat's where i was heading 2 and not ur delusions and inferiority complex thoughts.
Am done with u.....
When this device cums out, am sure gonna make sum bonuses....... Dat's wat counts 2 me.
Keep up with ur comparison contest. C'ao!!!
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Osyxcel(m): 10:01am On Sep 20, 2013
Godvilla: Uv been 2 both threads?... Ehn.. And sooo?? [b]Hav u seen any P2 user complain bitterly of the 1700mAh bat3?
Uv heard but yet 2 handle either of both devices.
Speaking of specs, i'll repeat myself "dnt be swayed by paper specs"
Check out most HTC devices, the've got mouth watering bat3 backup on spec but in real usage, they are nothing 2 write home about.[/b]

Don't get me wrong Sir, Nobody complained. The battery is very good but not better than Tecno L3's.

And yes, I'm not completely swayed by specs but by honest reviews.

As regards HTC batteries, that one na another thing entirely, their batteries are not impressive at all.
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by mrdrizzy(m): 10:01am On Sep 20, 2013
Godvilla: Did u read my post very well??
If u did tell me how i was against Tecno?
I only stated the obvious trying 2 create an awareness that most bat3 backup dnt rilly depend on the paper spec.
Why hav u resort @ attacking me this morning? Did i see u me in ur nightmare last nite?
The nature of my Job givs me the opportunity to handle most smartphone devices. Please, kindly keep urself 2 urself.
Thanks!!!
lols say whatever crap u feel like saying,i have said mine,no one has d right to make a swift comparison btw a device durability if he havnt uesd both of em,..oh and the ram is still same thing.i rather go for the p2 of other active features,d truth just has to be said...thank you
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Nobody: 10:08am On Sep 20, 2013
mr.drizzy:
lols say whatever crap u feel like saying,i have said mine,no one has d right to make a swift comparison btw a device durability if he havnt uesd both of em,..oh and the ram is still same thing.i rather go for the p2 of other active features,d truth just has to be said...thank you
I was only trying 2 use the P2 as a case study and not ur sissy comparisons. I'll repeat myself..... I handle most smartphones day in day out. So, u obviously dnt knw what u are trying 2 insinuate.
Stop impounding urself with unwaranted hatred over a GHOST.
I wouldnt go far beyond this.....
Gracias Mucho!!!
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Nobody: 10:11am On Sep 20, 2013
Osyxcel:

Don't get me wrong Sir, Nobody complained. The battery is very good but not better than Tecno L3's.

And yes, I'm not completely swayed by specs but by honest reviews.

As regards HTC batteries, that one na another thing entirely, their batteries are not impressive at all.
Now u get where i was heading 2 b4 sum Roman Soldiers tried 2 crucify me.
The OP stated that this device is better dan P2 in Bat3 and frnt cam, den i tried 2 make him understand that, he should not be surprise if the P2 bat3 outs this by an hour or 2.
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Osyxcel(m): 10:15am On Sep 20, 2013
Lol. Dats why I always run from arguments, most times, no one 'll win. But then it brings about enlightenment.

Make Deejay_Harry no show for this thread o.. Lol, na d number 1 Tecno hater be that. grin
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Sheuns(m): 10:21am On Sep 20, 2013
I think tecno lack business idea. If they really want to battle gionee's p2 they could have just added a lil bit o spice to the p5 like a 4.3" screen with a better diplay and probably a 1GB ram. If they had done that then the p5 could have written off the gionee p2. NO OFFENCE HERE ON THE TECNO GUYS just voicing my opinion.

2 Likes

Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Nobody: 10:22am On Sep 20, 2013
Osyxcel: Lol. Dats why I always run from arguments, most times, no one 'll win. But then it brings about enlightenment.

Make Deejay_Harry no show for this thread o.. Lol, na d number 1 Tecno hater be that. grin
We pray so cos he stated how he regret going for Tecno N7.
That aside, i wuld giv it 2 Gionee P2 as regards 2 price factor and sum added features which are lacking in This Tecno P5(My Opinion)
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Nobody: 10:23am On Sep 20, 2013
Godvilla: grin Funny but not funny cos am stating a fact here........
Others can testify 2 what am saying!!!
Ur doubt will be put @ bay wen u handle this device.
where can I get the p2 in lagos?

1 Like

Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Sheuns(m): 10:35am On Sep 20, 2013
TECNO really needs to be creative probably build a ROM rather than using android stock ROM.
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by tonardo(m): 10:36am On Sep 20, 2013
Yungwizzzy: why dem nor do am 5" na. op what about the internal memory?

I don't usually trust tecno and their lielie spec. still search 4 my gionee p2 jor
they have phantom of 5'' u can go for it,.
Read the specs again to get the internal memory....
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Osyxcel(m): 10:39am On Sep 20, 2013
Godvilla: We pray so cos he stated how he regret going for Tecno N7.
That aside, i wuld giv it 2 Gionee P2 as regards 2 price factor and sum added features which are lacking in This Tecno P5(My Opinion)

Oh, I see, now I understand...

Tecno P5 price might probably come down soon.

As regards comparison, I'll probably wait till this Tecno P5 is widely available and used. We don't even know the GPU yet, among other things. But for now, Gionee P2 has an edge.
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by evergreen247: 11:39am On Sep 20, 2013
Osyxcel:

I've been on the Tecno L3 and Gionee P2 threads since inception, and from the reviews, I can say Tecno L3's battery is very much better than Gionee P2.

Also, I've used one of these Tecno 1000mAh batteries, and I can say it's the same or a lil bit better than Nokia's 1000mAh battery. And we all know Nokia has good batteries.

It's ok to dislike or favour a product over another, but when it comes to specs, let's be truthful about it.
To tell you the truth I used N3, now I am using L3 and the battery of 1400mah vs 2400mah; I didn't see much difference, my l3 drain fast until 1% den it hang on for sometimes while my n3 don't drain fast but switch of @ 2%. timing comparison, l3 last little longer but when I saw the spec first time I thought this is a winner. lets wait for daily use comparison!
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Nobody: 11:53am On Sep 20, 2013
Ochillary: where can I get the p2 in lagos?
TELEWORLD @Gloria Plaza. 15 Olayeni str. Comp villa-Ikeja. U can try out PERFECT TECHNOLOGIES @ GLORY Plaza too...

1 Like

Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by evergreen247: 11:56am On Sep 20, 2013
tonardo: FEATURES
Android 4.2 os(jelly bean)
3.75G/3G/2G
4.0" inches capacitive touchscreen
480*800 Resolution
5.0mp AF Rear-facing Camera with flash,
2.0mp front Camera
4GB ROM + 512 RAM
1900mAh Battery capacity
1.3GHz Dual Core.
Price 16,500
Tecno phones support one frequency band, only high end have GPS navigation off data, I used N3, bought L3 because of ba3 but they almost thesame, my L3 can't play video of 640*320 resolution while my N3 attemt 720p video not to mention L3 screen that is very blur compare to N3 d4 i notice tecno is cheater,when they give better spec @ low price, they must cut abig coner that is why you can't get clear spec any where. guys how about OTA and custom roms that full xda developers? that is why I will not near them again.
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Seyilome(m): 4:05pm On Sep 20, 2013
Am going for Gionee P2,because it alot of features such as WLAN,USB internet,3D sound,and Gionee custom rom. Am tired of seeing Tecno using android default rom. I DON PORT TO GIONEE O!!!

2 Likes

Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by SWG1: 4:47pm On Sep 20, 2013
Now i think il ve to sell my tecno T3. I LOV better cameras (5mp)

1 Like

Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by joshdroid: 4:55pm On Sep 20, 2013
SWG 1: Now i think il ve to sell my tecno T3. I LOV better cameras (5mp)
Lolz dsame tin u talk for p2 thread haba...

1 Like

Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Kamaye(m): 6:03pm On Sep 20, 2013
I'd rather give Gionee P2 a try and see if they will be sincere with their specs, cos my M3 though a very good phone but I'm disappointed with the camera which is supposed to be 5mp but it is not even closer to 3mp, in fact the 0.3 front camera is far better.

1 Like

Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by flawless911(m): 6:21pm On Sep 20, 2013
U guys are never contented with what u buy/use.. Now wen L3 came out it was praised for been better dan both N3 n P3, den M3 came nd pple again started dissin L3 n praisin M3, now gionee came with dia own wahala nd now pple re sayin dat M3 is "useless" compared to P2.. Now tecno is out wit P5.. Story contines..

Wen will y'all stop "porting" from one fone to anoda.. Do u tink dere is anitin lyk a "Perfect" fone.. Dese companies will milk y'all DRY b4 u peeps will knw wat u're doin.. Even d galaxy S4 will look lyk shit by next year wen d S5 comes out.. Learn to b contented with wat you have

As for me my L3 stays with me till i see a 4-inches fone with at least 1gig ram..

Not these recycled fones Tecno nd d rest keep releasing for dis newbies on nairaland

*Goes back to blastin mutants on Shadowgun*

3 Likes

Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Osyxcel(m): 6:30pm On Sep 20, 2013
^^^Lolzz... In phone world, Comparison is necessary. But I quite agree that it doesn't make sense jumping from one phone to another with the same/similar specs.

1 Like

Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Nobody: 6:38pm On Sep 20, 2013
elijahdre:
Call Elijahdre on 08034795720 for your delivery
I stay at LASPOTECH ikorodu
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by evergreen247: 6:42pm On Sep 20, 2013
flawless911: U guys are never contented with what u buy/use.. Now wen L3 came out it was praised for been better dan both N3 n P3, den M3 came nd pple again started dissin L3 n praisin M3, now gionee came with dia own wahala nd now pple re sayin dat M3 is "useless" compared to P2.. Now tecno is out wit P5.. Story contines..

Wen will y'all stop "porting" from one fone to anoda.. Do u tink dere is anitin lyk a "Perfect" fone.. Dese companies will milk y'all DRY b4 u peeps will knw wat u're doin.. Even d galaxy S4 will look lyk shit by next year wen d S5 comes out.. Learn to b contented with wat you have

As for me my L3 stays with me till i see a 4-inches fone with at least 1gig ram..

Not these recycled fones Tecno nd d rest keep releasing for dis newbies on nairaland

*Goes back to blastin mutants on Shadowgun*
My brother, the problem with most of nairalanders is that when they see specs they will be talking here as if they have handle both phone they comparing, they will not even allow you ask questions because they have seen the spec. If all comments here are base on real life review ppl would hav known that most of these tecno are recycle.

2 Likes

Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by SWG1: 7:32pm On Sep 20, 2013
joshdroid:
Lolz dsame tin u talk for p2 thread haba...
So u deh here too, lol im looking forward to u ppls response na?
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by lacosteIII(m): 7:43pm On Sep 20, 2013
when is tecno M5 coming out, 1gig ram... smiley
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by bemagnify: 8:27pm On Sep 20, 2013
flexing my gionee p2 jare ...
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Alfred234(m): 10:57pm On Sep 20, 2013
me I like dis fone & I would luv 2 buy it I just hope d camera is not like d one in M3
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by exempt09(m): 12:18am On Sep 21, 2013
Is dis P5 a dual Sim fone ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (186) (Reply)

Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] / 2go (system Version) Download / How To Write Colored Text On Facebook

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.