Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,325 members, 7,808,095 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:07 AM

Babalawo: New Indigenous Android Game - Gaming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Babalawo: New Indigenous Android Game (18352 Views)

A Nairalander Finally Develop His First Android Game (screenshots) / Best Android Game To Play Right Now Top 5 Hd by chester / Nigeria's First 3 Dimension Mobile Game 'babalawo First Chronicle' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Babalawo: New Indigenous Android Game by Nobody: 11:10am On Nov 10, 2013
Apple users kan?
Re: Babalawo: New Indigenous Android Game by Bkrubzy(m): 11:12am On Nov 10, 2013
U 4 don do d storyline like Mynd_44's the tri-paternal son. .dat one for don make beta sense. .9c qame tho'. .itz gud 2 av a 'made in Niqeria' sumfin 1c in a while.
Re: Babalawo: New Indigenous Android Game by tunshe: 11:13am On Nov 10, 2013
Not compatible with my note3 cry
Re: Babalawo: New Indigenous Android Game by radar5(m): 11:17am On Nov 10, 2013
[i][/i] Yes... Babalawo. Yes.. Yeepa! This one is making incantation o! Haa! He's now licking one big cow horn with red cloth tied to one end o. Hey! He's warning not to delete the game! Is this the same Babalawo you are talking about? I dey gbadun the Babalawo's shakara sha. grin
Re: Babalawo: New Indigenous Android Game by lifestyle1(m): 11:30am On Nov 10, 2013
How do i play this game ?
Re: Babalawo: New Indigenous Android Game by pharmow: 11:39am On Nov 10, 2013
Nice one @Xorcyst.

Just a constructive criticism though, I think there should be control menu where the functions of each of the weapons are explained. The choice of weapons should also be increased. Lastly, It would be nice for the character to get chance of increasing its health level in the game.

All in all is a cool game.......keep it up wink

1 Like

Re: Babalawo: New Indigenous Android Game by einsteino(m): 11:45am On Nov 10, 2013
wow a very cool idea! O.p keep it up.
Re: Babalawo: New Indigenous Android Game by Sike(m): 11:48am On Nov 10, 2013
Nice one but why the name? BABALAWO??!
Re: Babalawo: New Indigenous Android Game by Walexz02(m): 11:56am On Nov 10, 2013
Lol.. a must download when I subscribe.
Re: Babalawo: New Indigenous Android Game by scribble: 12:01pm On Nov 10, 2013
Was about to download when I saw it wanted access to my phone logs, identity, network and other private data.

Is this a spyware?

1 Like

Re: Babalawo: New Indigenous Android Game by mightyleks(m): 12:07pm On Nov 10, 2013
I try to download the game but when I search babalawo on playstore it just Force closes my playstore and any other application that is opened on my phone
Re: Babalawo: New Indigenous Android Game by mightyleks(m): 12:10pm On Nov 10, 2013
Now downloading 17+ mb
Re: Babalawo: New Indigenous Android Game by girlsupersonic(f): 12:21pm On Nov 10, 2013
Hello @op ill like to know how to develop apps
Re: Babalawo: New Indigenous Android Game by sammy329(m): 12:21pm On Nov 10, 2013
now downloading
Re: Babalawo: New Indigenous Android Game by jude33084(m): 12:22pm On Nov 10, 2013
grin
iamteaser: This android of a thing no dey manage data at all, e dey drink am.
Re: Babalawo: New Indigenous Android Game by Dannylux: 12:40pm On Nov 10, 2013
Not compatible with my device cry
Re: Babalawo: New Indigenous Android Game by seunlayi(m): 12:41pm On Nov 10, 2013
nice innovation
Re: Babalawo: New Indigenous Android Game by felifeli: 12:50pm On Nov 10, 2013
Xorcyst:

Lol bros
We nor get babalawo
lineage ooo
We jus think indigenous content should be celebrated
Bless

Ignorance! Babalawo mean 'Master of the art'
Re: Babalawo: New Indigenous Android Game by ajasa4link: 1:16pm On Nov 10, 2013
cool...will download tonight when network is more stable
Re: Babalawo: New Indigenous Android Game by UyiIredia(m): 1:50pm On Nov 10, 2013
A journey of a thousand miles starts woth a forst step. Small beginning must not be despised and lead tp great enterprises. Kudos to the app developers and hope better version and games come up. Peace out smiley

1 Like

Re: Babalawo: New Indigenous Android Game by texazzpete(m): 2:08pm On Nov 10, 2013
1. Controls for movement are way too small. It should have been easier and better to just map the controls to either side of the screen.

2. You've made the design decision to center the character on the screen, but that's an issue as you spawn enemies directly above the character. As a result, it's often inevitable that you'll take damage.

3. no hit detection on the 'fire' you send to enemies

4. 'Ose, Adupe' gets too repetitive.

5. Some Crazy screen jitter when the mirror is deployed. Also fails to come out fast enough. Final boss battle keeps the babalawo extremely close to the boss, so deploying the mirror fast enough is a challenge. It is NOT helped by the fact that the 'fire' button is over the boss at this point, so your thumb obscures your view of any visual cue.

Played on a Galaxy S4.

Note that I'm only pointing out the negatives because if you fix these, it becomes a much better game. It's pretty decent as it is already and I commend your efforts. Good job!

6 Likes

Re: Babalawo: New Indigenous Android Game by lakefist(m): 2:44pm On Nov 10, 2013
great idea and concept
Re: Babalawo: New Indigenous Android Game by freshblazine(f): 4:33pm On Nov 10, 2013
lol, iwo iwo iwo, wat a funny game....but why is the babalawo shooting gun instead of using jazz
Re: Babalawo: New Indigenous Android Game by sEGXY2(m): 4:37pm On Nov 10, 2013
any1 knw hw i can get to watch channels like BET or trace on my tecno n7?
Re: Babalawo: New Indigenous Android Game by FOLYKAZE(m): 5:43pm On Nov 10, 2013
free2ryhme: Una no see beta name na babalawo ( native doctor ) na oracle giver una d code take write dis pRogramme ? I am cerrtain the programme has a babalawo lineage

babalawo mean the father who practise mysticism or father who have esoteric knowledge.

There is nothing like native doctor....that is white man tool to destroy our social and spiritual structure.

2 Likes

Re: Babalawo: New Indigenous Android Game by careca200: 8:17pm On Nov 10, 2013
Abu Mikey:

Since e be say una nor wan dey create game for blackberry OS,na to go buy Tecno Android be the next thing o undecided

Guy I feel your pain.

Have you checked out the "Nigerian Quotient" game on blackberry appworld?
Re: Babalawo: New Indigenous Android Game by Infomizer(m): 8:26pm On Nov 10, 2013
Kudos to the minds that came up with this. Respect!!!
Re: Babalawo: New Indigenous Android Game by tomzman: 11:32pm On Nov 10, 2013
I haven't downloaded the game but I have to commend the developer. May this be the least of what you are gonna create.
Re: Babalawo: New Indigenous Android Game by musaajebor(m): 1:18am On Nov 11, 2013
@xorcyst good one dia but pls and pls help ur fellow nlanders .
Help by creating another thread where u can help tutor ur boys on how to develop android games such as dis.
Stuff lyk the software used, ur graphic design etc.
I am asking u dis favour cos I noticed about 2 or more of ur game fans asked for tutorials but there was no reply.
Tenks in advance.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Real Racing 3 Nigerians Team. / FIFA 2011 vs PES 2011 / Do We Need To Chip Xbox 360 To Play Pirated Cd Games?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.