Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,602 members, 7,770,583 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 11:50 AM

Are Men Obsessed With 'Plenty Of Fish In The Sea' Idea? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Are Men Obsessed With 'Plenty Of Fish In The Sea' Idea? (18110 Views)

Successful Women Have Plenty Men In Their Lives / My Brother Is Obsessed With Football. What Can We Do? / Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Men Obsessed With 'Plenty Of Fish In The Sea' Idea? by money121(m): 5:07am On Sep 20, 2013
WHAT IS YOUR OPINION?
Most men have this notion that there are tons of women aroundthey could access so cheap. And yes, it

continue reading click here >>

http://www./2013/09/are-men-obsessed-with-idea-there-are.html#more

1 Like

Re: Are Men Obsessed With 'Plenty Of Fish In The Sea' Idea? by MyTeenCity(f): 5:28am On Sep 20, 2013
No matter where you go, men seem to think they have plenty of fish to choose from. Do they cheesy I believe women have just as many fish to choose from. Notice I don't cite any statistics. I don't want to know the facts of this issue-it may make me feel bad about myself...Lol

3 Likes

Re: Are Men Obsessed With 'Plenty Of Fish In The Sea' Idea? by DesChyko1(m): 5:35am On Sep 20, 2013
This is a generally acknowledged fact, that there are more females than males in the world. It's a really good motive for the females to work harder in maintaining the bond in their relationships, while the males focuses more on their natural bread-winning role.
However, it counts for nothing when such males go against the ethics and norms they'll have to observe, with respect to their relationship.

6 Likes

Re: Are Men Obsessed With 'Plenty Of Fish In The Sea' Idea? by micklplus(m): 5:53am On Sep 20, 2013
plenty of fish abi?

Wait till you carry jelly fish for that same ocean, na that time u go know say na poison you carry. Stick to you partner jare. Ashewo. Lol

grin

23 Likes

Re: Are Men Obsessed With 'Plenty Of Fish In The Sea' Idea? by AdeniyiA(m): 6:02am On Sep 20, 2013
yeske... if d one u caught wt hook fumbles ,u deploy net. no time to waste time... cool

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Men Obsessed With 'Plenty Of Fish In The Sea' Idea? by dayokanu(m): 7:22am On Sep 20, 2013
I tend to agree that there are more eligible women than men. Maybe this is where the assertion comes from

e.g if 10 boys and 10 girls were born

--------------------------------------------------------
On the men side

1 might have died in hustle e.g trekking to Europe, car racing, Peddling drugs, Oil bunkering and other high risk stuff men engage in

1 might have died in war or street violence

1 might be in jail.

1 might be GAYY

1 might think he needs to acquire the whole world before he marries since he doesnt have a biological clock

1 might just be an eternal playboy who think he is Gods gift to ALL women

1 might just be a bum who wouldnt work or get an education and just laze around which many women dont find attractive

Leaving the pool of eligible men with just 3 guys
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On the female side

-Women dont die as much because they naturally avoid high risk ventures.
-Dont go to war and dont do gangsterism,
-They dont go to jail as much,
-The notion of the biological clock puts a time pressure on them
-The society frowns at "Playgirls" as against playboys
-Most cultures dont expect much economic power from the woman so even a woman without 1 Naira sees herself as eligible unlike a man who might not be economically eligible even with 5million in his account

Therefore we might still have 7-8 eligible women

So ratio 3:7

208 Likes

Re: Are Men Obsessed With 'Plenty Of Fish In The Sea' Idea? by Nobody: 6:50am On Sep 21, 2013
I don't think many women out there have the "plenty of fish in the sea" mindset, unlike men. Men have a larger base to choose from, women do not have that luxury.

10 Likes

Re: Are Men Obsessed With 'Plenty Of Fish In The Sea' Idea? by thorpido(m): 7:55am On Sep 21, 2013
Yes there's a lot of fish in the sea and a lot of men want to fool around because of that.

Some in the process have ended up with an Octopus or mammywater.

59 Likes

Re: Are Men Obsessed With 'Plenty Of Fish In The Sea' Idea? by pickabeau1: 9:57pm On Sep 21, 2013
thorpido: Yes there's a lot of fish in the sea and a lot of men want to fool around because of that.

Some in the process have ended up with an Octopus or mammywater.
Dude...you made my night..

+100

5 Likes

Re: Are Men Obsessed With 'Plenty Of Fish In The Sea' Idea? by Jayses(m): 4:54pm On Sep 23, 2013
Plenty of fish shey , u beta start praying dat boko haram should nt get hold of gamalin 20.

4 Likes

Re: Are Men Obsessed With 'Plenty Of Fish In The Sea' Idea? by kokoye(m): 4:54pm On Sep 23, 2013
It's not an obsession.

It is a fact.

But what do yo do with the knowledge of it? ...that IS the question.

1 Like

Re: Are Men Obsessed With 'Plenty Of Fish In The Sea' Idea? by Daresh(f): 4:55pm On Sep 23, 2013
♥Dεs•Chγκσ♥:
This is a generally acknowledged fact, that there are more females than males in the world. It's a really good motive for the females to work harder in maintaining the bond in their relationships, while the males focuses more on their natural bread-winning role.
However, it counts for nothing when such males go against the ethics and norms they'll have to observe, with respect to their relationship.

I hate to burst your bubble but your statistic is wrong. There more more men than women in the world. However women are more attractive and are less incarcerated, away at war or at sea than men. That is why you tend to see more women than men. But statistically, more men than women.

5 Likes

Re: Are Men Obsessed With 'Plenty Of Fish In The Sea' Idea? by Tonbrazeal(m): 4:56pm On Sep 23, 2013
2much of heart training,me nur fit luv again..#yawns# na garri nd bonga sure pass

1 Like

Re: Are Men Obsessed With 'Plenty Of Fish In The Sea' Idea? by Nobody: 4:57pm On Sep 23, 2013
Too bad most of them are just sharks.

4 Likes

Re: Are Men Obsessed With 'Plenty Of Fish In The Sea' Idea? by frederal(m): 4:58pm On Sep 23, 2013
MyTeenCity: No matter where you go, men seem to think they have plenty of fish to choose from. Do they cheesy I believe women have just as many fish to choose from. Notice I don't cite any statistics. I don't want to know the facts of this issue-it may make me feel bad about myself...Lol

U wish
Re: Are Men Obsessed With 'Plenty Of Fish In The Sea' Idea? by Nobody: 4:58pm On Sep 23, 2013
I dont have a proof to say that this is true but I believe most men have this mindset especially in Nigeria as I know of because our culture permits the mindset.

1) Marry more than one wife.

2) Chase away a woman if she is caught cheating.

3) Lord over her in a chauvinistic way.

4) Sleep around with numerous girls and it will be considered a feat.

This and so many makes us believe that we can get as many as we want.

7 Likes

Re: Are Men Obsessed With 'Plenty Of Fish In The Sea' Idea? by Abel202: 5:00pm On Sep 23, 2013
Quite crafty and intelligent post I must say. Don't know why I also find it funny though..

dayokanu: I tend to agree that there are more eligible women than men. Maybe this is where the assertion comes from

e.g if 10 boys and 10 girls were born

--------------------------------------------------------
On the men side

1 might have died in hustle e.g trekking to Europe, car racing, Peddling drugs, Oil bunkering and other high risk stuff men engage in

1 might have died in war or street violence

1 might be in jail.

1 might be GAYY

1 might think he needs to acquire the whole world before he marries since he doesnt have a biological clock

1 might just be an eternal playboy who think he is Gods gift to ALL women

1 might just be a bum who wouldnt work or get an education and just laze around which many women dont find attractive

Leaving the pool of eligible men with just 3 guys
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On the female side

-Women dont die as much because they naturally avoid high risk ventures.
-Dont go to war and dont do gangsterism,
-They dont go to jail as much,
-The notion of the biological clock puts a time pressure on them
-The society frowns at "Playgirls" as against playboys
-Most cultures dont expect much economic power from the woman so even a woman without 1 Naira sees herself as eligible unlike a man who might not be economically eligible even with 5million in his account

Therefore we might still have 7-8 eligible women

So ratio 3:7
Re: Are Men Obsessed With 'Plenty Of Fish In The Sea' Idea? by Nuzo1(m): 5:00pm On Sep 23, 2013
Kind of true!

Statistically, they are more men than women in the world today. However, a lot of factors leave women with little choose of men.

1. Culture/religion: most culture and religion around the world have in one way or the other confined women to the background. Women are made to believe that their role is inside the house. They've been made to believe that they are weak, nothing, worthless and with no choice. Most grow believing this.

2. Natural factor: women tend to age quickly, thereby try as much as possible to score a man of her own before its too late. And when they score, they jealously guard it.

3. Pregnancy: This period of 9 months takes a toll on women as they become unattractive within this period.

4. Family: Women are easily emotionally attached...and thereby family oriented. Men can abandon his 5 kids and pregnant wife just for a worthless woman. Women hardly do this.

However, in China; the reverse is the case. Men worship their. Women for fear of not scoring another woman.
Its estimated that by 2025, women in China would have about 10 men to choose from.

4 Likes

Re: Are Men Obsessed With 'Plenty Of Fish In The Sea' Idea? by Maximus85(m): 5:00pm On Sep 23, 2013
As for me, there's only one fish in the ocean and I have her, I will never let her go. If I lose her, (God forbid) then the ocean will be empty.

Some men are just crazy.

15 Likes

Re: Are Men Obsessed With 'Plenty Of Fish In The Sea' Idea? by gabriel212: 5:03pm On Sep 23, 2013
Men come up with that mentality only wen u ar giving guys too much problem.
eg for more than 4 months d guy is yet to know if you accepted his advance or not. today you show green light, tomorow yellow light. unto what.
YAA si MAN U!

5 Likes

Re: Are Men Obsessed With 'Plenty Of Fish In The Sea' Idea? by EndTimeThings: 5:05pm On Sep 23, 2013
if there are plenty of fish in ocean then why dying Co's of her??
Re: Are Men Obsessed With 'Plenty Of Fish In The Sea' Idea? by SenatorM(m): 5:06pm On Sep 23, 2013
What is the fish and where is the river
Re: Are Men Obsessed With 'Plenty Of Fish In The Sea' Idea? by Gabrielsylar(m): 5:06pm On Sep 23, 2013
Girls Unfortunately dats the only anti dote to all dis End tyme and curry tings

2 Likes

Re: Are Men Obsessed With 'Plenty Of Fish In The Sea' Idea? by Nobody: 5:07pm On Sep 23, 2013
I doubt if i've ever used that stale line ''Many fishes in the Ocean''.

We've all got our view with regard to choosing a partner and i tell you many of us are of the opinion that the 'ocean' has ran short of edible fishes.

A good fish doesnt last long in the ocean, they're edible and are prime candidate for consumption, so they're hunted eachday and taken to diverse homes.

As it stands, there are few 'edible' fishes in the ocean, those tides are now filled with Sharks [Runs gals] and Stonefishes [Unambitious gals] cheesy

22 Likes

Re: Are Men Obsessed With 'Plenty Of Fish In The Sea' Idea? by Nobody: 5:08pm On Sep 23, 2013
Yes... there is plenty of fish in the river but note... Not all are of same type... The best ones are hidden in the big oceans and they are so lovely... Wishing one day, I will come across those ones sha..
Re: Are Men Obsessed With 'Plenty Of Fish In The Sea' Idea? by Sunymoore(m): 5:08pm On Sep 23, 2013
Of course britches are more than needed
Re: Are Men Obsessed With 'Plenty Of Fish In The Sea' Idea? by AbuMikey(m): 5:09pm On Sep 23, 2013
Feeding on feminine look alikes,that must be a PACMAN,cos after every hit to me,the FISH don DIE cheesy
Re: Are Men Obsessed With 'Plenty Of Fish In The Sea' Idea? by okonja(m): 5:09pm On Sep 23, 2013
A good fish at hand is better than plenty in ocean

4 Likes

Re: Are Men Obsessed With 'Plenty Of Fish In The Sea' Idea? by Dovahkiin(m): 5:09pm On Sep 23, 2013
Maximus85: As for me, there's only one fish in the ocean and I have her, I will never let her go. If I lose her, (God forbid) then the ocean will be empty.

Some men are just crazy.

1 Like

Re: Are Men Obsessed With 'Plenty Of Fish In The Sea' Idea? by creativemusic: 5:11pm On Sep 23, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Are Men Obsessed With 'Plenty Of Fish In The Sea' Idea? by nbright: 5:11pm On Sep 23, 2013
There are plenty useless fish in the sea but very few good ones

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Did You Ever Inherit Anything From Your Family / Five Ways To Teach Your Kids Table Manners / Am I Being Paranoid? Please Help Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.