Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,762 members, 7,806,089 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:14 AM

Are Men Obsessed With 'Plenty Of Fish In The Sea' Idea? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Are Men Obsessed With 'Plenty Of Fish In The Sea' Idea? (18137 Views)

Successful Women Have Plenty Men In Their Lives / My Brother Is Obsessed With Football. What Can We Do? / Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Men Obsessed With 'Plenty Of Fish In The Sea' Idea? by tdbanks: 11:07pm On Sep 23, 2013
dayokanu: I tend to agree that there are more eligible women than men. Maybe this is where the assertion comes from

e.g if 10 boys and 10 girls were born

--------------------------------------------------------
On the men side

1 might have died in hustle e.g trekking to Europe, car racing, Peddling drugs, Oil bunkering and other high risk stuff men engage in

1 might have died in war or street violence

1 might be in jail.

1 might be GAYY

1 might think he needs to acquire the whole world before he marries since he doesnt have a biological clock

1 might just be an eternal playboy who think he is Gods gift to ALL women

1 might just be a bum who wouldnt work or get an education and just laze around which many women dont find attractive

Leaving the pool of eligible men with just 3 guys
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On the female side

-Women dont die as much because they naturally avoid high risk ventures.
-Dont go to war and dont do gangsterism,
-They dont go to jail as much,
-The notion of the biological clock puts a time pressure on them
-The society frowns at "Playgirls" as against playboys
-Most cultures dont expect much economic power from the woman so even a woman without 1 Naira sees herself as eligible unlike a man who might not be economically eligible even with 5million in his account

Therefore we might still have 7-8 eligible women

So ratio 3:7
I bet most of your likes were from women.
Re: Are Men Obsessed With 'Plenty Of Fish In The Sea' Idea? by cutieemperor007: 11:37pm On Sep 23, 2013
deols: but not all fish are the same. Some are smelly, rotten, diseased. A few are golden.

For the golden, there is No cause for alarm

SMELLY, ROTTEN, DISEASED OR GOLDEN, Which one u dey gal cos I'm about to cast my net...... kiss kiss kiss
Re: Are Men Obsessed With 'Plenty Of Fish In The Sea' Idea? by cutieemperor007: 11:49pm On Sep 23, 2013
utumunta: When you find that special one, you will discover that there is only one fish in the ocean. You don't wanna fish no more.

I GUESS UR FISH STILL DEY FORM S.U FOR U, DON'T WORRY SHE GO SOON SHOW HER TRUE COLOUR, NA DEN U GO KNOW SAY SHE BE SHAKIRA OR JENIFA....WATCH OUT.[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][color=#990000][/color]
Re: Are Men Obsessed With 'Plenty Of Fish In The Sea' Idea? by MRMICKMEN: 12:37am On Sep 24, 2013
but there are billions of fish in the ocean begging to hook,like it or not

1 Like

Re: Are Men Obsessed With 'Plenty Of Fish In The Sea' Idea? by Xxpress(m): 3:21am On Sep 24, 2013
kokoye: It's not an obsession.

It is a fact.

But what do yo do with the knowledge of it? ...that IS the question.
d most sensible reply
Re: Are Men Obsessed With 'Plenty Of Fish In The Sea' Idea? by RCh9Jense: 7:18am On Sep 24, 2013
Re: Are Men Obsessed With 'Plenty Of Fish In The Sea' Idea? by Dahbutter(m): 8:14am On Sep 24, 2013
yeah, i think am kinda obsessed with the thought and from experience i know the following facts

1. getting a girl is like getting a bus at the bus stop, there is always a better, newer, classier one than the last every 5 minutes so a guy needs not get desper8

2. for every lady that leaves an eligible man under any circumstances, nomatter how bad he seems, there are always up too 10 ladies (including some of her close friends and family) ready and hoping to take her place, sharp sharp!

3. what one woman doesnt want to do, there are a hundred others who are more than willing to do much more at a faaar lower cost

4. women are like flowers , blossoming and attractive for a few days, then withering and less appealing in later days

5. most ladies play with their green days and usually dont make up their minds on time until nature kicks in and a far less desirable choice makes it into their minds.

i wonder how they then came up with the phrase ''its a woman's world''? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Are Men Obsessed With 'Plenty Of Fish In The Sea' Idea? by Chrisbenogor(m): 8:21am On Sep 24, 2013
Three whole pages and nobody mention Point and keee tinss grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Are Men Obsessed With 'Plenty Of Fish In The Sea' Idea? by GeneralShepherd(m): 8:22am On Sep 24, 2013
@tjololade:
I dont have a proof to say that this is true but I believe most men have this mindset especially in Nigeria as I know of because our culture permits the mindset.

1) Marry more than one wife.

2) Chase away a woman if she is caught cheating.

3) Lord over her in a chauvinistic way.

4) Sleep around with numerous girls and it will be considered a feat.

This and so many makes us believe that we can get as many as we want.

When a woman cheats its worse cos its premeditated cheating, women are used to guys approaching them for sex and are sure used to saying No..No..No. So if she cheats she planned it.

I am a guy and I have never had a woman approach me for sex, so you think when a girl approaches me,I'll know what to do? No ,so when a guy cheats its just cheating lol
Re: Are Men Obsessed With 'Plenty Of Fish In The Sea' Idea? by Nuzo1(m): 8:39am On Sep 24, 2013
kingphemy:

How can this be an exception when it is nothing but a paradox?

If things are allow to be naturally, China wouldn't be an exception.

I do agree with you that not all culture nurture the idea of "many fishes in the sea" though.

Bruh, man-made or natural...an exception is an exception.

Besides, other factors supporting the op's arguement could also be debated as man-made/unnatural. Culture and religion are the major factors.
Re: Are Men Obsessed With 'Plenty Of Fish In The Sea' Idea? by free2ryhme: 8:40am On Sep 24, 2013
There aRe many fishes in the sea a known fact as it is because theiR a moRe women than men but I wud love each lady to think of the sea as empty without them RatheR than engage in a desperate seaRch to tie one ( man) down
Re: Are Men Obsessed With 'Plenty Of Fish In The Sea' Idea? by orgasticdance: 8:58am On Sep 24, 2013
implicit in this facile argument is that all fish are inherently the same. I don't care, even if you've slammed 10,000 broads in your life like wilt chamberlain there'll always be that one special catch.

1 Like

Re: Are Men Obsessed With 'Plenty Of Fish In The Sea' Idea? by Sike(m): 9:32am On Sep 24, 2013
Adeniyi A.:
yeske... if d one u caught wt hook fumbles ,u deploy net. no time to waste time... cool
Sharp guy!
Re: Are Men Obsessed With 'Plenty Of Fish In The Sea' Idea? by Hunkyimage(m): 9:49am On Sep 24, 2013
Adeniyi A.:
yeske... if d one u caught wt hook fumbles ,u deploy net. no time to waste time... cool
Yes-o my brodaman... but come 2 think of it y waste precious time using a hook and line 2 catch one fish when u can spread ur effing net and play d Grab n' Win game? undecided
Re: Are Men Obsessed With 'Plenty Of Fish In The Sea' Idea? by hustla(m): 9:59am On Sep 24, 2013
I wld rather have one good fish than other moronic plenty fish

grin
Re: Are Men Obsessed With 'Plenty Of Fish In The Sea' Idea? by Hunkyimage(m): 9:59am On Sep 24, 2013
thorpido: Yes there's a lot of fish in the sea and a lot of men want to fool around because of that.

Some in the process have ended up with an Octopus or mammywater.
If in d process u catsh Octopus --> u putam 4 aquarium for exhibition or Soccer prediction BUT if u catsh mammywater(hmmm... thinkin').... ok putam 4 bottle.
Re: Are Men Obsessed With 'Plenty Of Fish In The Sea' Idea? by hustla(m): 9:59am On Sep 24, 2013
orgasticdance: implicit in this facile argument is that all fish are inherently the same. I don't care, even if you've slammed 10,000 broads in your life like wilt chamberlain there'll always be that one special catch.

on point bro
one special one
Re: Are Men Obsessed With 'Plenty Of Fish In The Sea' Idea? by Hunkyimage(m): 10:04am On Sep 24, 2013
SniperInADiaper: Too bad most of them are just sharks.
In case of a shark we chop the fins an throway d body as our chinese guys dey do nah...
Re: Are Men Obsessed With 'Plenty Of Fish In The Sea' Idea? by Youngpo413: 11:28am On Sep 24, 2013
El Guapo: I doubt if i've ever used that stale line ''Many fishes in the Ocean''.

We've all got our view with regard to choosing a partner and i tell you many of us are of the opinion that the 'ocean' has ran short of edible fishes.

A good fish doesnt last long in the ocean, they're edible and are prime candidate for consumption, so they're hunted eachday and taken to diverse homes.

As it stands, there are few 'edible' fishes in the ocean, those tides are now filled with Sharks [Runs gals] and Stonefishes [Unambitious gals] cheesy

No be lie

1 Like

Re: Are Men Obsessed With 'Plenty Of Fish In The Sea' Idea? by Youngpo413: 11:41am On Sep 24, 2013
Buoyantic: Sure ladies are cheap

Not all ladies,they are some FEW responsible ones,I don't mean PRETENDERS;and they are using HTC`s.

1 Like

Re: Are Men Obsessed With 'Plenty Of Fish In The Sea' Idea? by Youngpo413: 11:44am On Sep 24, 2013
pDude:

So you think say ashawo sef no wan hook correct guy?

Sidon look naw. grin

Go and look at most ashawos that eventually got married. They usually marry the best man.

so there is hope for some .........
Re: Are Men Obsessed With 'Plenty Of Fish In The Sea' Idea? by Youngpo413: 11:46am On Sep 24, 2013
Rejoice5000: Not all men, some men are still reserved.when it comes to women issues.like plenty out there while the one that are with them are on one cloth year in year out.some will have one and take care of that one very well.
Re: Are Men Obsessed With 'Plenty Of Fish In The Sea' Idea? by tunetokheyno(m): 11:59am On Sep 24, 2013
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Are Men Obsessed With 'Plenty Of Fish In The Sea' Idea? by Youngpo413: 12:04pm On Sep 24, 2013
claremont: It is true that there are many fishes in the sea, but the real question is how many of these fishes are actually edible?! Most of the so-called fishes in the sea are the leftovers from many a harvest, they are not worth wasting time deploying a hook. My candid view though is to deploy a net rather than a hook, when we have caught a large number of fishes, we can sit down and select an edible one out of the lot.

you made me lol,what if after the whole selection still no edible fish?!
Re: Are Men Obsessed With 'Plenty Of Fish In The Sea' Idea? by Youngpo413: 12:08pm On Sep 24, 2013
deols: but not all fish are the same. Some are smelly, rotten, diseased. A few are golden.

For the golden, there is No cause for alarm

smelly fishes?
Re: Are Men Obsessed With 'Plenty Of Fish In The Sea' Idea? by Godsate: 12:20pm On Sep 24, 2013
Buoyantic: Sure ladies are cheap

Very very cheap
Re: Are Men Obsessed With 'Plenty Of Fish In The Sea' Idea? by durosegun(m): 12:30pm On Sep 24, 2013
Fine, there are many fishes in the ocean but definitely all the fishes are not the same. One has to be careful in selecting fishes if not you might select a fish whose bone will get stuck in your throat.
Re: Are Men Obsessed With 'Plenty Of Fish In The Sea' Idea? by tammmy(m): 2:25pm On Sep 24, 2013
no, not all men
Re: Are Men Obsessed With 'Plenty Of Fish In The Sea' Idea? by tammmy(m): 2:27pm On Sep 24, 2013
too much women and few men for them
Re: Are Men Obsessed With 'Plenty Of Fish In The Sea' Idea? by danaz(m): 3:09pm On Sep 24, 2013
dayokanu: I tend to agree that there are more eligible women than men. Maybe this is where the assertion comes from

e.g if 10 boys and 10 girls were born

--------------------------------------------------------
On the men side

1 might have died in hustle e.g trekking to Europe, car racing, Peddling drugs, Oil bunkering and other high risk stuff men engage in

1 might have died in war or street violence

1 might be in jail.

1 might be GAYY

1 might think he needs to acquire the whole world before he marries since he doesnt have a biological clock

1 might just be an eternal playboy who think he is Gods gift to ALL women

1 might just be a bum who wouldnt work or get an education and just laze around which many women dont find attractive

Leaving the pool of eligible men with just 3 guys
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On the female side

-Women dont die as much because they naturally avoid high risk ventures.
-Dont go to war and dont do gangsterism,
-They dont go to jail as much,
-The notion of the biological clock puts a time pressure on them
-The society frowns at "Playgirls" as against playboys
-Most cultures dont expect much economic power from the woman so even a woman without 1 Naira sees herself as eligible unlike a man who might not be economically eligible even with 5million in his account

Therefore we might still have 7-8 eligible women

So ratio 3:7

In addition,
the Y chromosome swims faster but dies earlier than d X chromosome,d development of a female fetus is by default, making d dvpt of a male fetus a 'deviation ' , ironically at birth, d m:f ratio is 1.01:1, frm puberty to middle age, d m:f ratio falls markedly, perhaps due to d risk factors quoted above.
Females also generally hv a higher lifespan than males(cf male, female life expectancy figures in different climes)

Conclusion:
1. at conception, more female zygotes than males
2.at birth, slightly more males than female
3.puberty to old age,more females than males due to mstly socioeconomic factors

Therefore thr maybe more females than males in d reproductive age bracket.

more females but not many wives to choose frm..don't be fooled
Re: Are Men Obsessed With 'Plenty Of Fish In The Sea' Idea? by tpiander: 12:41am On Jan 21, 2015
Its a question of supply in an under represented market ( ie males) with artificially induced low demand.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Five Ways To Teach Your Kids Table Manners / Marriage And The Happily Ever After Syndrome: An Alternative Perspective / Do Not Be Pushed Into Unnecessary Spending For Any Reason

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.