Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,962 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:16 AM

Reasons For Nigeria's U.S DV-Lottery Ban - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reasons For Nigeria's U.S DV-Lottery Ban (19080 Views)

Kachikwu Explains Reasons For Fuel Scarcity (video) / Supreme Court Gives Reasons For Affirming Akwa Ibom, Delta, Oyo, Yobe Elections / Proposed US-Immigration Bill Will Eliminate DV-Lottery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reasons For Nigeria's U.S DV-Lottery Ban by Ping411: 5:22am On Sep 20, 2013
Jeffery Hawkins, U.S. Consul-General, on Thursday, gave reasons why Nigeria was banned from participating in its 2015 Diversity-Visa-Programme registration.

Mr Hawkins told journalists at the U.S. Consulate General in Lagos, that Nigeria was among other countries that had in the last five years, sent more than 50,000 immigrants to the U.S. through the programme.

“As at today, Nigerians have graduated from being under-represented to being a fully well represented group in the U.S,” he said. “There is therefore no longer any need to encourage Nigerians to apply to travel to the U.S. through the Diversity-Visa-Programme. Already there are too many Nigerians in the U.S. that have benefited from this programme.”

The envoy explained that the diversity visa was created to promote countries with low rates of immigration to the US.

He, however, said that the U.S. authorities would continue to give preference to Nigerians travelling to U.S for visits, business transactions, studies and professional engagements.

“All other types of immigration from Nigeria to the US, apart from the diversity visa, would continue unabated,” he said. “Also, let me say that the ban has nothing to do with our relations with Nigeria now, and in the years ahead.”

He also dismissed insinuations making the rounds that the move was to reduce the number of Nigerians travelling to the U.S.

The U.S official also said that the development had “nothing to do with insecurity, activities of Boko Haram and other forms of upheaval in Nigeria”.

The U.S. Department of State recently banned Nigeria, Bangladesh, Brazil, Canada, China, Colombia, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador and Haiti from participating in the 2015 Diversity-Visa-Programme. Other affected countries are: India, Jamaica, Mexico, Pakistan, Peru, Philippines, South Korea, U. K. and Vietnam.

http://telegraphng.com/2013/09/nigeria-banned-us-visa-lottery/

3 Likes

Re: Reasons For Nigeria's U.S DV-Lottery Ban by stanogb(m): 6:23am On Sep 20, 2013
We are better off being banned. The amount of fraud involved in visa lottery these days is too much. Let us start thinking about developing our country and not fly away from it.

11 Likes

Re: Reasons For Nigeria's U.S DV-Lottery Ban by StObaino1(m): 6:37am On Sep 20, 2013
So the END TIME is here for us who wanna go to US through the 2015 lottery.
Just wondering why all my plans to run away from my beloved country keeps failing.

Obama, GEJ n Co God is Watching you all.

3 Likes

Re: Reasons For Nigeria's U.S DV-Lottery Ban by Greekbreed(m): 6:47am On Sep 20, 2013
ok na,,dat country self...mtcheww,na yeye dey worry dem..

1 Like

Re: Reasons For Nigeria's U.S DV-Lottery Ban by 1MCN: 6:50am On Sep 20, 2013
I no know wetin dey even carry people dey go play that kalo-kalo sef. When you loss dem go don use your own cash pay for the papers of the chikiri few wey dem go give visa. That money wey you go use go do DV lottery make you go use am buy recharge card dey sell for junction soon you go fit add sweet, lacasera and gbogbo ti gbo. You go make am. E no dey easy for most people wey go Yankee oo! I never go am shah but I hear say you go just go see fine fine houses finish come back!

In other news, so even countries like UK, Canada and China dey play this kalo-kalo! Chai, Chineke mu eeh, this US don really use nations play Okoso!

11 Likes

Re: Reasons For Nigeria's U.S DV-Lottery Ban by Lionpikin(m): 9:47am On Sep 20, 2013
kiss
Re: Reasons For Nigeria's U.S DV-Lottery Ban by Lilimax(f): 9:49am On Sep 20, 2013
Ping411:As at today, Nigerians have graduated from being under-represented to being a fully well represented group in the U.S,” he said. “There is therefore no longer any need to encourage Nigerians to apply to travel to the U.S. through the Diversity-Visa-Programme. Already there are too many Nigerians in the U.S. that have benefited from this programme.
Naija no dey carry last nah.
We are well represented cheesy
Re: Reasons For Nigeria's U.S DV-Lottery Ban by SegunBanjoko: 9:49am On Sep 20, 2013
Well.....well stated sha.

2 Likes

Re: Reasons For Nigeria's U.S DV-Lottery Ban by moscobabs(m): 9:50am On Sep 20, 2013
was my pastor gave a false prophesy because the MOG told me that I'm gonna win the next US visa lottery,ano go respect this pastor again if I fail to win the Visa lottery ooo!!!

2 Likes

Re: Reasons For Nigeria's U.S DV-Lottery Ban by kkkp: 9:50am On Sep 20, 2013
Dats gud

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Reasons For Nigeria's U.S DV-Lottery Ban by chymystique(f): 9:51am On Sep 20, 2013
I heard Nigeria was included cos we ve nt legalized same sex marriage.. Dunnoo if d rumour is true

1 Like

Re: Reasons For Nigeria's U.S DV-Lottery Ban by Decryptor(m): 9:51am On Sep 20, 2013
If you had dreams of relocating to US this year...sorry o. Try Syria. tongue
Re: Reasons For Nigeria's U.S DV-Lottery Ban by einsteino(m): 9:52am On Sep 20, 2013
1MCN: I no know wetin dey even carry people dey go play that kalo-kalo sef. When you loss dem go don use your own cash pay for the papers of the chikiri few wey dem go give visa. That money wey you go use go do DV lottery make you go use am buy recharge card dey sell for junction soon you go fit add sweet, lacasera and gbogbo ti gbo. You go make am. E no dey easy for most people wey go Yankee oo! I never go am shah but I hear say you go just go see fine fine houses finish come back!

In other news, so even countries like UK, Canada and China dey play this kalo-kalo! Chai, Chineke mu eeh, this US don really use nations play Okoso!

dude the U.S does not charge for visa lottery, it is totally free. if u paid for visa lottery then it means you paid someone to apply on your behalf.

9 Likes

Re: Reasons For Nigeria's U.S DV-Lottery Ban by 2goodbobo(m): 9:52am On Sep 20, 2013
Naija sef we too like abroad.
Re: Reasons For Nigeria's U.S DV-Lottery Ban by Lilimax(f): 9:54am On Sep 20, 2013
moscobabs: was my pastor gave a false prophesy because the MOG told me that I'm gonna win the next US visa lottery,ano go respect this pastor again if I fail to win the Visa lottery ooo!!!
You see yourself shocked,
your life should be controlled by the Word of God and not by your Pastor's prophecy.
The Bible is the sure Word of Prophecy cheesy.

8 Likes

Re: Reasons For Nigeria's U.S DV-Lottery Ban by day0(m): 9:54am On Sep 20, 2013
This spells bad market for some agencies involved in helping people apply for the lottery. Time for them to diversify!

1 Like

Re: Reasons For Nigeria's U.S DV-Lottery Ban by Nobody: 9:55am On Sep 20, 2013
Them are wanting for you to stop depending...come up hiter. Dust yourself, chin up, walk boldly & get to work. You'd have more than enough money to sponsor yourself or anybody to any part of the earth.
Re: Reasons For Nigeria's U.S DV-Lottery Ban by imsuboi(m): 9:55am On Sep 20, 2013
chymystique: I heard Nigeria was included cos we ve nt legalized same sex marriage.. Dunnoo if d rumour is true

Haaaa! Please where did you "hear" your own news?

1 Like

Re: Reasons For Nigeria's U.S DV-Lottery Ban by Nobody: 9:55am On Sep 20, 2013
What's the name of that attention seeking buffalo again ?

Kemilolu or what ?

BTW
someone better get ready to commit suicide soon

2015 is just around the corner
Re: Reasons For Nigeria's U.S DV-Lottery Ban by Xeedorf: 9:56am On Sep 20, 2013
Forget American Visa! Alternative Visa lottery is available e.g Pakistan, Peru, Philippines,Vietnam,Bangladesh,somaila, and Iran/iraq
Kindly call for more info:
Re: Reasons For Nigeria's U.S DV-Lottery Ban by FYsol: 9:59am On Sep 20, 2013
grin grin grin grin
St_Obaino: So the END TIME is here for us who wanna go to US through the 2015 lottery.
Just wondering why all my plans to run away from my beloved country keeps failing.

Obama, GEJ n Co God is Watching you all.
Re: Reasons For Nigeria's U.S DV-Lottery Ban by Nobody: 10:01am On Sep 20, 2013
Xeedorf: Forget American Visa! Alternative Visa lottery is available e.g Pakistan, Peru, Philippines,Vietnam,Bangladesh,somaila, and Iran/iraq
Kindly call for more info:
abi na!! All na still abroad
Re: Reasons For Nigeria's U.S DV-Lottery Ban by Burger01(m): 10:03am On Sep 20, 2013
Whu cares.. undecided
Re: Reasons For Nigeria's U.S DV-Lottery Ban by bighead1(m): 10:08am On Sep 20, 2013
Ewe
Re: Reasons For Nigeria's U.S DV-Lottery Ban by baqina(m): 10:09am On Sep 20, 2013
USA don talk their own.....Nigerians will start claiming nationals of other countries to get to USA.....Naija i hail...... grin cheesy wink

4 Likes

Re: Reasons For Nigeria's U.S DV-Lottery Ban by Nobody: 10:09am On Sep 20, 2013
Ghanian pali for sale. You will be taught their language n how to call everyone charlie. Book yours now and apply for your dv lottery

4 Likes

Re: Reasons For Nigeria's U.S DV-Lottery Ban by Tuntheycr7: 10:12am On Sep 20, 2013
Chai ! This mr Hawkins don spoil business 4ma people 4 Ikeja o.
Make I go show dis news to ma friend wey don do 3days fasting 4 Amerika visa..
Re: Reasons For Nigeria's U.S DV-Lottery Ban by Nobody: 10:12am On Sep 20, 2013
cool Thank God.. I didn't rely solely on this lottery stuff. For those who rely on LOTTERY to make a better living, then I guess you are so OYO.. Blessings are for those who know their way round, cuz they shall be called the Son of God..
Re: Reasons For Nigeria's U.S DV-Lottery Ban by Slizbeat(m): 10:12am On Sep 20, 2013
Ok. We are fully represented, then shut d lottery down. They use us to enlarge their labour force and productivity that's why they are No. 1 in d world.
Re: Reasons For Nigeria's U.S DV-Lottery Ban by Tuntheycr7: 10:13am On Sep 20, 2013
Chai ! This mr Hawkins don spoil business 4ma people 4 Ikeja o.
Make I go show dis news to ma friend wey don do 3days fasting 4 Amerika visa.....
Re: Reasons For Nigeria's U.S DV-Lottery Ban by Judeoxide(m): 10:14am On Sep 20, 2013
How dat 1 take change the price of gari for market
Re: Reasons For Nigeria's U.S DV-Lottery Ban by bighead1(m): 10:16am On Sep 20, 2013
Good Lawd
i plan on playing this thing naw, why must you peeps end it naw??

Lawd have mercy.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Oyo State Introduces Levies On Churches, Mosques, Businesses For Security / CAN Backs Placing Of Nigeria On Watchlist By US / Dangote, Modular Refineries To Pay Naira For Crude

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.