Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,601 members, 7,781,912 topics. Date: Saturday, 30 March 2024 at 04:18 AM

MTN - Most Terrible Network! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN - Most Terrible Network! (1242 Views)

My Terrible Experience With Airtel Customer Care / Help!!! My Phone Has Been Hit With A Terrible Malware!! / The Terrible Price Of An “unlimited Internet Service” In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MTN - Most Terrible Network! by Nobody: 6:33am On Sep 20, 2013
The following event happens only if you are on the mtn network. I dont know how to praise any network cos if you praise them, they would think they are trying meanwhile they are doing nothing!!! So its better i/we keep blaming them 4 thier poor sevices.

Ure free to object if u dont experence the following on the MTN network.

1. You get full network bar but actually there is no network.
I got there and wanted to send and emergency sms, i was not having airtime. So i bought one. Oya load na...........4 where? My phone was telling me 'network problem' i tried again and again till the extent i saved it as a contact, 'A' to be precise so i just kept re-dialing. Still no result. I called 180, it did not connect. Called 181 even worse. Tried using sim menu, no show. Nothing worked but the nework bar is full! Ok 180 finally connected but the sound reply was cracking. B4 i would select a number, im will hang up then my phone would write network error, there and then i saw sumone bringing out her hand trough the window of a building in front of me. With her phone in her hand, swinging it left and right like she is trying to search 4 radio signal. I knew it was MTN she was using. I was so annoyed that morning that i swore to port once i leave yabatech. That sms i could not send cost me a smartphone. Yes! Tecno phantom A to be precise once more.

2. U dont get services when u need them.
There are times(most times) where u cant purchase a data bundle on the network! I bring back series of errors(excuses) 4 example, last night i wanted to purchase 2h 4 250. Guess the excuse it brought back "transaction failed! Try again later" what the hell does it mean by try again later, i want to use sumting NOW u are telling to try again LATER. This stuff is very annoying! I costumer care and they were telling me than the 2H plan is not avaliable. I shuld kindly purchase anoda plan if i cant wait! What is the meaning of this? Time cost money! Meaning if i depended on mtn internet as a busniess man, u busniess will fail when it comes to communication. Cos i dont expect u to host a 2 hour video call meeting then the next thing u tell them is to postpone it cos ur internet provider is malfunctioning. They would look at u as inrresposible! Plus i as the coustomer is ment to tell my retiler what type of goods i want and when i want it! NOT the retiler telling me to take the ones i dont want and giving me time i can have it. It totally un acceptable.

3. I dont know what name to give this one.

Dont knw of the rest above but This particular one is exclusive to MTN. This is when sumone cant check what is in his account. U dial all kinds of USSD code and they all bring back the same msg "this service is currently down kindly dial 180 to recharge. Please bear with us" why should the service be down? Like i said its exclusive to mtn that means, it possible to maintain the service without going down! And at this point, people cant carryout any activity on their phone cos they dont knw what they have or if it would be enough to do sum stuff.

4. Custormer care!
We all know MTN custormer care offer the poorest service, as the take not less than 25mins to anwser you during day time. And 5mins at night. And if u complian, they would say its because they have a lot of customers. Rubbish! Did every mtn custormer buy the mtn sim to call custormer care? So how come all their 'lots of custormer' is calling custormer care? One answer, PROBLEMS!!! Mtn has so many problems! I dont spend more than 2min during day time to call etisalat customer care 4 enquire. I call etisalat to enquire, i call mtn to COMPLIAN!!, and they re not ready to do anything about it! Here is why, mtn now use their costumer care ring back tune 4 adverts! The advertise 4 nokia, peak, and fidelity bank on their ringback tune! What nonsense! Cos they know they will neva answer quick so they re now using it to make money! And after ringing 4 20 mins most times. The next thing u hear is, "thank you for calling the customer care, goodbye" then the call hangs up. U will have to re call them. If u doubt me call the custormer care now! They would give u an option of 1 or 2, if u like to listien to offers and promo or not. If u press 1 u would listen, if u press 2, the same thing "once upon a time, if u walk into an mtn bla bla bla". Mtseeew
I think ive written enough, if i continue to write, we would not leave this tread today. Cos the problems of shuld be thougt as uncountable noun in nusery school! I really hope they improve i dont knw if its because is a south africa company thats why its behaving like that. Like its brother multichoice. Only mtn can make me hate SA but ive meet a few southafricans i dont think thats how they behave. I really dont know whats is wrong with mtn. Later the will bring out promo and say u would win plane! I prefer beter services to winning of plane. Mtseew useless people, useless network. If i had my way i would sue them to court. Pple loose money day by day cos of their interupted services. Its also part of fraud!

2 Likes

Re: MTN - Most Terrible Network! by puskin: 6:41am On Sep 20, 2013
hmmmm.........nah by force to use MTN SIM?? undecided undecided
Re: MTN - Most Terrible Network! by ajasa4link: 6:49am On Sep 20, 2013
Oga calm down Na...if u don't like mtn,port to other network Na....I stay in Lagos and I can tell u the area I stay,the best network for surfing the web is mtn. Airtel network over here is crap and u can't even get 3G,.... As for the customer care,I call mtn customer care during the day and they pick within 3minutes....Almost all network experience network glitch at one time or the other,if u think mtn's becoming too much why not just port instead of just lamenting and whining?
Re: MTN - Most Terrible Network! by Nobody: 3:55pm On Sep 20, 2013
Mtn is indeed a stupid,useless network . Imgine that i could not browse with my phone for 2days i called their customer care agent a female answered me and i told her dat my 3g signal shows and its not browsin at all... She told me to do a hard reset on my fone and switch to {2G} tell me y i should switch 2 edge 2G just because i want to browse wit an mtn sim... I am currently using a glo sim to browse without doing a hard reset on my fone
Re: MTN - Most Terrible Network! by otokx(m): 4:02pm On Sep 20, 2013
All networks have their days .
Re: MTN - Most Terrible Network! by Nobody: 6:11pm On Sep 20, 2013
otokx: All networks have their days .
mtn own is everyday! Do u knw afta posting that stuff, my browsing stop connecting? Guess what? My credit was exsausted but i was having and still having data. Stupidnetwork!
Re: MTN - Most Terrible Network! by Nobody: 7:02pm On Sep 20, 2013
op u actually sat down to type dis? I'm currently using airtel bis to browse on my android but I must tell u dat mtn remains the best network in Nigeria!!
Re: MTN - Most Terrible Network! by Dexol(m): 8:06pm On Sep 20, 2013
MTN i hail o, you will have airtime on your phone still, the response is'your account is too low for this call...., the customer care frustrates, they keep sending conf. Settings everytime you complain abt browsing. So much in love with bb low data plan and hate pc and android, They will say you ve exhausted your data bla bla bla. Mtchewww
Re: MTN - Most Terrible Network! by ammyluv2002(f): 8:42pm On Sep 20, 2013
MTN? Forget it undecided
Re: MTN - Most Terrible Network! by Deblow: 7:03am On Sep 21, 2013
Who says mtn is the best network? Msccchew! Mtn is everything bad in a network and becos of the dubious goodwill it enjoys among the pple saddled wt d responsibility of regulating the Gsm sector, it wallows in the wrong and erroneous belief of being the best available ntwk. As soon as I subscribe to the so called BBCDAY and attempt to download or load a fairly large page, mtn data will just go off thereby frustrating my download and irrespective of the level I have gotten to, I will have to start all over again! Me I am using mtn out of lack of an alternative.
Re: MTN - Most Terrible Network! by Nobody: 2:16pm On Sep 22, 2013
im still usin this yeye mtn cos no place to port around here. You will have data, browse and ur credit would be deducted instead!

(1) (Reply)

Which Network Subsciption Is Good 4 Android / Whatsapp Expiration Date Extension / Am In Need Of Ur Advice So Total Confused Btw Buying BB Z10 And Xperia Sp...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.