Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,804 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:08 PM

Fashion Tips For The Plus Size Woman - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Fashion Tips For The Plus Size Woman (1800 Views)

(PHOTOS) The Plus Size Model Who Holds The Record For World’s Largest Hips / 5 Fashion Tips For An Instant Slim Down / Fashion Tips:how To Turn Your Boyfriend’s/dad’s/brother’s Shirt Into A Dress! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fashion Tips For The Plus Size Woman by Pandora2(f): 11:30pm On Jun 22, 2008
Designers are beginning to realise that a large part of the female population are plus size and this is and this is an untapped market. Unfortunately, majority of plus sized women have no idea what to buy, having been trapped in a world of dark colours and shapeless tents for ages. I have been a plus size all my life and that hasn’t stopped me from indulging my love for fashion. I’ve got tips, tried out by me, that would be useful for all u BBWs who want to rock those curves. I’ve got news girls, big is back!

1. Know and Love your body; I do this all the time, drives all my firneds crazy but it works. Stand naked in front of a mirror and look at urself. Focus on your good bits, perhaps ur skin, ur bone structure, ur posture, ur eyes, ur smile, ur boobs, ur butt, ur hips. . . when u start looking I promise u’ll find at least three areas where u are blessed.

2. Support; For any woman, bras can make or break an outfit. For the plus sized woman this is particularly true. The support of good quality under wear is a must and investing in good quality supportive garments pays off in the long run. Wearing good quality under garments will help make you feel more comfortable and contribute to a stylish, put-together look.

3. Shoes; In my opinion, a sexy pair of heels is enough to spice up any outfit. I howver understand that many women, esp bigger women find heels quite uncomfortable. Heres a tip, 2inch heels are more comfortable than 6inches (obviously) but they make that much a diferencet. So whenever u can, shop for heels no matter how small, they help lengthen ur legs and frame and improve ur posture. Don't hesitate to be bold in the shoe department!

4. Accessories; This is one area where there are no rules, and a woman can be truly creative. Turn an ordinary black dress or suit into something special with a pretty scarf or shawl. Look for color and texture to coordinate with wardrobe favorites. Color draws the eye and can detract from other areas, Look for fun handbags and Jewelry doesn't have to be expensive to be impressive, and costume jewelry can be just as much fun to wear. Note tho that there is the danger of over doing the jewellery, avoid chunky jewellery if u are heavy ontop with a shorter neck!

5. Hair, Make-up and Nails: Attention to detail and accessories can add style and polish to any woman's wardrobe, but for a plus size woman, these little extras can really make the difference between being well dressed and in style. To polish up your look, splurge on a good stylist and don't be afraid to make a change. Stop by the makeup counter at your local department store and get some tips from a professional on using the right foundation, blush, and eye makeup for your face and coloring. Finally, pay attention to your nails and treat yourself to a manicure or trip to a nail salon. In the summer, don't let your toes detract from your pretty new sandals. Have regular pedicures and keep your nail polish fresh.
Re: Fashion Tips For The Plus Size Woman by JAJohansson: 1:43pm On Aug 28, 2014
To look more fashionable and trendy in your plus sized figure,Casual plus online offers you with a wide range of plus size dresses to have more gorgeous and stylish look. For more details visit: http://casual-plus.com

Re: Fashion Tips For The Plus Size Woman by pilraf: 6:11pm On Aug 28, 2014
Checkout these affordable Clothes . Click here to see their pictures and prices. Free home delivery + Pay on delivery.
Re: Fashion Tips For The Plus Size Woman by cooxi123: 2:08pm On Aug 14, 2015
I have a plus size collection at Dear-Fashion, I am not plus size now. http://www.dear-fashion.com/Plus-Size-Lingerie-Wholesale/

Re: Fashion Tips For The Plus Size Woman by cooxi123: 2:15pm On Mar 30, 2016
Shop cheap plus size clothings at wholesale price from GIRLvow china http://www.girlvow.com/plus-size-clothings-wholesale/

(1) (Reply)

Dangote Cement Plc / Braids Wig Making Class / Marriage Alert.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.