Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,115 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:45 PM

#Startimes Thread# - Satellite TV Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / #Startimes Thread# (21782 Views)

Startimes Slashes Bouquet Prices / STARTIMES DECODER:DO U NEED HELP? / Current List Of Channels Available On Startimes Decoder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #Startimes Thread# by tonididdy(m): 9:31am On Jul 25, 2015
Pls house does startimes channel 250 (sports focus) on nova bouquet show the international champions cup LIVE ?
Re: #Startimes Thread# by Lokogoma: 12:08pm On Jul 25, 2015
don't think so
Re: #Startimes Thread# by plendil: 3:42pm On Jul 25, 2015
Startimes recently débuted in Abakaliki and they've been engaged in aggressive marketing, you know. . .all those fine babes wey move from house to house and shop to shop, fliers, etc. . .

I'm seriously thinking of porting from DSTV to them. I went through their packages and was quite impressed (CNN is lacking in all of them though - BIG MINUS)

Anyway my main concern is the complains from users in other states about how stations are rarely available, how the decoder always hangs, etc.

So users of startimes, how the experience so far?
Re: #Startimes Thread# by Nobody: 9:05am On Jul 26, 2015
Stuck with dstv.....star times is a big flop. Their phones, TV and other electronic gadgets are just a flop.
plendil:
Startimes recently débuted in Abakaliki and they've been engaged in aggressive marketing, you know. . .all those fine babes wey move from house to house and shop to shop, fliers, etc. . .

I'm seriously thinking of porting from DSTV to them. I went through their packages and was quite impressed (CNN is lacking in all of them though - BIG MINUS)

Anyway my main concern is the complains from users in other states about how stations are rarely available, how the decoder always hangs, etc.

Re: #Startimes Thread# by tundeone: 2:54pm On Jul 26, 2015
plendil:

It depends on what your taste is. If you like local stuffs and music, startimes is the way. If you can afford dstv premium, dstv will really entertain you. As of startimes not having cnn, they have others news stations like aljazera, fox news and bbc.
Re: #Startimes Thread# by plendil: 10:18pm On Jul 27, 2015
artisticallyart:
Stuck with dstv.....star times is a big flop. Their phones, TV and other electronic gadgets are just a flop.

I see.
Re: #Startimes Thread# by plendil: 10:19pm On Jul 27, 2015
tundeone:
It depends on what your taste is. If you like local stuffs and music, startimes is the way. If you can afford dstv premium, dstv will really entertain you. As of startimes not having cnn, they have others news stations like aljazera, fox news and bbc.

Thanks. i need it mainly for news due to my line of work, esp foreign news. Not too much interested in local stuff.
Re: #Startimes Thread# by ify4king(m): 7:30am On Jul 31, 2015
I can't see myself buying startimes cos most of their channels can be viewed free with FTA decoders and dish...... ranging from BBC, tvc news, tvc entertainment, aljazera, star movies, African movies, voice of america, france24 news, MBC action movies even live matches sometimes etc.....I don't pay a dime. U only need a fta decoder and dish or two dishes as d case may be. If interested contact me via (ify4king@yahoo.com). N.B. only Abuja residents
Re: #Startimes Thread# by Nobody: 3:16pm On Aug 01, 2015
ify4king:
I can't see myself buying startimes cos most of their channels can be viewed free with FTA decoders and dish...... ranging from BBC, tvc news, tvc entertainment, aljazera, star movies, African movies, voice of america, france24 news, MBC action movies even live matches sometimes etc.....I don't pay a dime. U only need a fta decoder and dish or two dishes as d case may be. If interested contact me via (ify4king@yahoo.com). N.B. only Abuja residents
That one na big lie.
Re: #Startimes Thread# by ify4king(m): 7:22am On Aug 02, 2015
artisticallyart:
That one na big lie.
The last thing I will do is argue with u

1 Like

Re: #Startimes Thread# by chipsypop(m): 3:53pm On Oct 10, 2015
Pls I no longer receive st music and st zone in my nova subscription, what should I do I live in Aba, Abia state
Re: #Startimes Thread# by checkmateman: 8:49am On Oct 15, 2015
artisticallyart:
That one na big lie.

Its the truth bro, although I use startimes but already plan that when I got my apartment I will get a 3m dish for fta cos I already tasted it at a friends place. No subscription just one time installation and product buying
Re: #Startimes Thread# by oloriooko(m): 4:10pm On Oct 19, 2015
startimes is a big joke with the sudden increase of the unique bouquet to #3,800 angry
for what reason na?
Re: #Startimes Thread# by Nobody: 10:37pm On Oct 28, 2015
checkmateman:

Its the truth bro, although I use startimes but already plan that when I got my apartment I will get a 3m dish for fta cos I already tasted it at a friends place. No subscription just one time installation and product buying
Which brand is that?
Actv, Gotv or what? How many channels?
Re: #Startimes Thread# by checkmateman: 7:49am On Oct 29, 2015
artisticallyart:

Which brand is that?
Actv, Gotv or what? How many channels?

All those you said are digital satalite propietary but free to air: there are channels that are broadcast to the are and for you to watch these, you only need a non-propietary decoder as in one that has not been customize for a particular cable tv or satalite tv. A good example is strong decoder, you also need a dish depending on size( size determine the number of areas it can cover: higher size = higher channels), lnb and cable and other accesories and the install it.

That is all Free to Air for life just one time installation fee

1 Like

Re: #Startimes Thread# by Nobody: 10:39am On Oct 31, 2015
checkmateman:

All those you said are digital satalite propietary but free to air: there are channels that are broadcast to the are and for you to watch these, you only need a non-propietary decoder as in one that has not been customize for a particular cable tv or satalite tv. A good example is strong decoder, you also need a dish depending on size( size determine the number of areas it can cover: higher size = higher channels), lnb and cable and other accesories and the install it.

Have you installed it?
Re: #Startimes Thread# by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 12:14pm On Oct 31, 2015
artisticallyart:
Have you installed it?
You dey inside River,Soap dey enter ur eye
Re: #Startimes Thread# by checkmateman: 12:26pm On Oct 31, 2015
artisticallyart:
Have you installed it?
I have never instal it myself but I have see and watch the channels on it before

1 Like

Re: #Startimes Thread# by naseemfarz: 12:25pm On Dec 03, 2015
checkmateman:

here is new info for satellite
http://satellitedishainfo..com/2015/12/paksat38e-turksat42e-dailog-45e.html
Re: #Startimes Thread# by naseemfarz: 12:26pm On Dec 03, 2015
Re: #Startimes Thread# by femiranking28(m): 8:28am On Jan 15, 2016
Good morning house please does the classic bouquets on startimes cover all the sport a channels
Re: #Startimes Thread# by kemawilly(m): 4:11pm On Jan 16, 2016
@femiranking28. Classic bouquet has 60+ Channels while Unique bouquet has 80+. The Unique bouquet covers all the channels. Get more details here: http://www.startimes.com.ng/packages/
Re: #Startimes Thread# by femiranking28(m): 7:54am On Jan 17, 2016
Please what bouquet do I find those sport plus channel
Re: #Startimes Thread# by ayufun: 12:04am On Feb 21, 2016
Re: #Startimes Thread# by Nobody: 11:31pm On Jan 13, 2017
please how much is startimes decoder now and which one is HD and STANDARD?
Re: #Startimes Thread# by Fridayad: 11:32pm On Feb 21
Please someone should help me I subscribed Startime classic bouquet and it’s only basic and nova showing what can I do??

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Entering Dcw Keys On Strong Receiver / Update And Upgrade Are Ready For Ur Strong Decoder / Multi TV & MyTV Positions UPDATES (2020)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.