Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,164 members, 7,780,172 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:28 AM

Jonathan And His Bad Policies On Sme's Growth In Nigeria!!! - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Jonathan And His Bad Policies On Sme's Growth In Nigeria!!! (664 Views)

How Can I Raise #40m....to Finance The Growth Of My Business.. / How To Calculate Your Dividend Growth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan And His Bad Policies On Sme's Growth In Nigeria!!! by olushowunm(m): 7:10am On Sep 21, 2013
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font] I write today as a frustrated Entrepreneur and a farmer due to inconsistent policies of this administration.

First, i will like to let you know i'm a farmer and entrepreneur and any stupid policies made in any of these sectors will throw me off-balance.
Just about two weeks ago, the Air cargo terminals were shut by Customs for some inordinate reasons and i have Agricultural machineries coming in from China through the airport, which have to hold and awaits further instructions from my clearing agent.
But my greatest surprise was the new customs policy after re-opening of the terminals. You have to pay 50,000-75,000 Naira benchmarked fees even when you have 1kg to clear!!!
And this is what we use to clear for just 250 -300Naira/Kilo. This is as a result of treasury mis-management of the ruling government as i can see Nigeria is truly broke, forget anything you have been told recently, we can no longer support the over-sized Bureaucracy.. There must be a way out!!!
Re: Jonathan And His Bad Policies On Sme's Growth In Nigeria!!! by olushowunm(m): 7:11am On Sep 21, 2013
My second grouse with this administration stems from the way we are gradually becoming a police state - imagine going to market at midnite because of traffic and you met 20 checkpoints and all demanding for monies ranging from 100-200naira, and you think you will be profitable on the long run with that kind of expenses!!!

Well, that was my fate this Monday/Tuesday as i tried moving some of our farm produce from Abeokuta to Mile 12; I met 20 check points on my way from Abeokuta to Mile 12. 16 Police checkpoints and 4 military checkpoints.
Which government allows this kind of unhealthy corruption?

It can only be a government desperate to remain in power thus allowing its police and military to get their hands dipped in massive extortion of the citizenry.

This makes Jonathan or GEJ to be a desperate man to me!!! I'm believe in Nigeria, thats why i stayed back, but the events of the past few days have shaken my resolve and i don't know if i will stay again in this hell-hole called Nigeria!!!
Re: Jonathan And His Bad Policies On Sme's Growth In Nigeria!!! by olushowunm(m): 7:20am On Sep 21, 2013
My third grouse is the mis-management of exteral reserves and his inability to control oil theft which is putting so much pressure on Naira thus making it hard to import agricultural machineries to further boost food production.

Look at it this way, i want to buy a *Tractor* and it will cost me about $10,000 and before i use to buy dollars for such transaction at 157naira and now 165naira what have changed - the difference will also takes money away from my pocket that can be used for implements and the like.

Now i have high exchange rates and high import-duty to contend with, this is absolutely crazy and i pray it all ends here...

My mind is already drifting to Benin republic, at least I know Nigeria still holds the market, but producing at low cost there will be of much more sense than staying put in Nigeria...

Don't take my outburst as a political machinations, but my own economic survival is threatened here.. Thanks
Re: Jonathan And His Bad Policies On Sme's Growth In Nigeria!!! by olushowunm(m): 7:27am On Sep 21, 2013
@Moderators... Frontpage please!!!
Re: Jonathan And His Bad Policies On Sme's Growth In Nigeria!!! by Omexonomy: 9:13am On Sep 23, 2013
Must every shit make front page. Next time you ask for clearification of what is going on
olushowunm: @Moderators... Frontpage please!!!
Re: Jonathan And His Bad Policies On Sme's Growth In Nigeria!!! by olushowunm(m): 11:12pm On Sep 24, 2013
If you have nothing positive to contribute, then shut it up!!!
Re: Jonathan And His Bad Policies On Sme's Growth In Nigeria!!! by AmandaaaP(f): 12:09pm On Sep 29, 2013
olushowunm: My third grouse is the mis-management of exteral reserves and his inability to control oil theft which is putting so much pressure on Naira thus making it hard to import agricultural machineries to further boost food production.

Look at it this way, i want to buy a *Tractor* and it will cost me about $10,000 and before i use to buy dollars for such transaction at 157naira and now 165naira what have changed - the difference will also takes money away from my pocket that can be used for implements and the like.

Now i have high exchange rates and high import-duty to contend with, this is absolutely crazy and i pray it all ends here...

My mind is already drifting to Benin republic, at least I know Nigeria still holds the market, but producing at low cost there will be of much more sense than staying put in Nigeria...

Don't take my outburst as a political machinations, but my own economic survival is threatened here.. Thanks

OP, why not take your discussion on this matter to a wider audience. I'm an importer as well and have been affected by some, if not all of the issues you've raised here.

http://naijabizmall.

(1) (Reply)

Investors Needed For A Car Hire Business / 2014/2015 JAMB Registration Startup Few Days From Now. INVESTOR NEEDED / Is Nigeria Safe For Foreign Investors?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.