Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,861 members, 7,802,757 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:56 PM

National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Openly Invites Trustees And Members - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Openly Invites Trustees And Members (13287 Views)

Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) / National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos / National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Openly Invites Trustees And Members by kemtol(f): 3:29pm On Sep 26, 2013
I read with extreme interest thru all d comments and I appreciate everyone dt has taken d pain of contributing either positively or negatively. The fact that u saw, read and commented is a sign that come one day, d voices of the vulnerable will be heard in this country. To that dt feels d association is a bunch of crap, I want u all to know that not everyone in ds group is unemployed. The association is formed as a yardstic for the unemployed voices to be heard. If u feel ure gainfully employed, I can bet with u that there are at least three people associated with u that are not. We see different anti govt groups spring ing up such as niger delta militant, boko haram among others. The main cause of ds grp is poverty. They all are educated but cos they ve no source of livelihood, they ve taken to d guns. Another aim of d association is to motivate d youths in the area of self empowerment provided there is an enabling enviroment. Few years back, I had a set back in my bizness and I was thrown into d labour market. For three years I roamed d street of lagos without a job and I had a son depending on me, eventually someone decided to give me an oFfer but at a price of intimate relationship which I rejected.some other lady wouls have accepted due to d desperation and the same society would tag her a "prositute". During this time I learnt to make liquid soap, insecticides and d likes but d production was limited due to nafdac requirement. I proceeded to nafdac office but that dream was shortlived cos nafdac requirement would cost me nothing lesser than a million naira. I still pressed further by writing. A bisiness plan inviting investors but what they all ask was how much I had to contribute. The essence of witing this is to tell us their is no enabling enviroment for upcoming and small scale enterpreneur. The society would have labelled such person a lazy fellow. The fact that a person has d capital to start something doesn't mean every one has.the youth has come out to voice their challenges we need not castigate thhem, feel their pain and if u can't don't condemn them. Don't forget dt an idle mind is d devils workshop . Peace

3 Likes

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Openly Invites Trustees And Members by Nobody: 8:07am On Sep 27, 2013
kemtol: I read with extreme interest thru all d comments and I appreciate everyone dt has taken d pain of contributing either positively or negatively. The fact that u saw, read and commented is a sign that come one day, d voices of the vulnerable will be heard in this
country. To that dt feels d association is a bunch of crap, I want u all to know that not everyone in ds group is unemployed. The association is formed as a yardstic for the unemployed voices to be heard. If u feel ure gainfully employed, I can bet with u that there are at least three people associated with u that are not. We see different
anti govt groups spring ing up such as niger delta militant, boko haram among others. The main cause of ds grp is poverty. They all are educated but cos they ve no source of livelihood, they ve taken to d guns. Another aim of d association is to motivate d youths in the area of self empowerment provided there is an enabling enviroment. Few years back, I had a set back in my bizness and I was thrown into d labour market.
For three years I roamed d street of lagos without a job and I had a son depending on me, eventually someone decided to give me an oFfer but at a price of intimate relationship which I rejected.some other lady would have accepted due to d desperation and the same society would tag her a
"prositute". During this time I learnt to make liquid soap, insecticides and d likes but d production was limited due to nafdac requirement. I
proceeded to nafdac office but that dream was shortlived cos nafdac requirement would cost me nothing lesser than a million naira. I still pressed further by writing. A bisiness plan inviting investors but what they all ask was how much I had to contribute. The essence of witing
this is to tell us their is no enabling enviroment for upcoming and small scale enterpreneur. The society would have labelled such person a
lazy fellow. The fact that a person has d capital to start something
doesn't mean every one has.the youth has come out to voice their
challenges we need not castigate thhem, feel their pain and if u can't don't condemn them. Don't forget dt an idle mind is d devils workshop. Peace

Thank you my sis.! You've spoken well. Well noted! Government says it's wrong for youths to indulge in crimes and other related social vices. Youth were into these crimes because they lacked jobs but must feed, cloth and shelter themselves to stay alive and as well as planning for future endeavours thus the indulgence in the act. Now, the youths have come out to say, ok, we no longer want to indulge in an illegitimate businesses but want to work hard and earn money legitimately. The Nigerian govt is not providing an enabling environment for this to thrive, the youths have come out to say, this is what we want(an enabling environment) and some irrational folks are here bullying themselves for no obvious reasons. It is a pity! Like i said before, am not jobless but if you are not infected, you might be affected. Peace!
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Openly Invites Trustees And Members by Nobody: 8:13am On Sep 27, 2013
ketoprofen:

ngwa, keep fighting for your rights instead of looking for sth to do. U think u are in US.

A country made of many fools like you is the reason why Nigeria is still in this sorry state.

1 Like

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Openly Invites Trustees And Members by Opshe(f): 10:40am On Sep 27, 2013
From my own point of view, i believe no adult, most importantly no graduate should be unemployed. If no one or company employes you, employ yourself! When employment is scares, empowerment should take over. The tag "Unemployed" is a state of the mind, if you accept the tag, you might just never be employed(not even by yourself). I'm not and won't ever be an unemployed graduate. Never!
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Openly Invites Trustees And Members by ketoprofen(m): 3:23pm On Sep 27, 2013
RedBenson:

A country made of many fools like you is the reason why Nigeria is still in this sorry state.

u wey no be fool , how has Nigeria fared with ur type?
Its either u are non-existent or u are a bigger fool.
Association of unemployed graduates, *smh#
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Openly Invites Trustees And Members by ehixking(m): 4:00pm On Sep 27, 2013
National Association Of Unemployed Graduates - NAUG
Please Share!

Fellow Nigerian graduates against unemployment in Nigeria, we appreciate you all for your support and positive contributions thus far. Infact, we celebrate YOU. You are the proverbial inevitable mustard seed the holy book so eloquently talks about. Thank you all for knowing the way, going the way and showing the way. The story will be told tomorrow of how you gave your all for today's national reconstruction.

.... And The Journey begins
Together We Can!
Olagunju Isaac.

Below is the extract of the interview granted punch newspapers on page 17. September 27,2013 vol 17 No 20 499

JOBLESS NIGERIAN GRADUATES INAUGURATE ONLINE ASSOCIATION

Some Nigerians youths have formed a group online with a view to tackling joblessness in the country. On the Facebook page of the group known as the National Association of Unemployed Graduates, the youths said the initiative was set up to solve the problem of unemployment in Nigeria. The move, they added, was to “cleanse the country of the virus called unemployment” by holding government at all levels accountable.

A message on the group’s Facebook page said their coming together became imperative as the menace of “unemployment is eating us up like a viral disease.” According to them, inspite of their various ethnic backgrounds, they are united in the fight against unemployment.

They lamented the situation where applicants who were merely trying to survive were forced to part with money to secure employment forms. The youth, who hold regular discussions and chats on Facebook, Twitter and on an online forum, nairaland.com said they were determined to address the socio-economic imbalances for which the unemployed Nigerian graduates are victims.

Members of the association on Facebook as of Thursday are 801 in number. One Amobi Omekwu, who is a member of the group in a post on the Facebook page said, “I’m not into this struggle because I want the government to employ me. No! I might never be a direct beneficiary of the benefits

He noted that while the group will be engaging the government on the provision of employment
opportunities and enabling environment, it would also be liaising with corporate bodies and relevant government agencies with a view to mentoring them to becoming successful entrepreneurs.

Abuya said, “Besides the issues of unemployment, we will be making our voices heard against underemployment and contract staffing by various corporate bodies which is now the order of the day.

“The association has been receiving widespread acceptance as some Nigerian youths who left the country, due to hardship and unemployment, have called me to laud the initiative. That is why I appreciate the advantages, which the advent of social media brought to our generation. This wouldn’t have been possible without the new media.”

Source: www.punchng.com/i-punch/jobless-nigerian-graduates-inaugurate-online-association/
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Openly Invites Trustees And Members by Nobody: 8:15pm On Sep 27, 2013
Wow! Congrats Ehix and all of us who have tiredlessly supported this movement. Our voices are getting spread. We shall surely get there. This is just the begining. God bless all!
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Openly Invites Trustees And Members by Nobody: 3:26am On Sep 28, 2013
thumbs up people
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Openly Invites Trustees And Members by Yusphull(m): 6:42am On Sep 28, 2013
ehixking: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates - NAUG
Please Share!

Fellow Nigerian graduates against unemployment in Nigeria, we appreciate you all for your support and positive contributions thus far. Infact, we celebrate YOU. You are the proverbial inevitable mustard seed the holy book so eloquently talks about. Thank you all for knowing the way, going the way and showing the way. The story will be told tomorrow of how you gave your all for today's national reconstruction.

.... And The Journey begins
Together We Can!
Olagunju Isaac.

Below is the extract of the interview granted punch newspapers on page 17. September 27,2013 vol 17 No 20 499

JOBLESS NIGERIAN GRADUATES INAUGURATE ONLINE ASSOCIATION

Some Nigerians youths have formed a group online with a view to tackling joblessness in the country. On the Facebook page of the group known as the National Association of Unemployed Graduates, the youths said the initiative was set up to solve the problem of unemployment in Nigeria. The move, they added, was to “cleanse the country of the virus called unemployment” by holding government at all levels accountable.

A message on the group’s Facebook page said their coming together became imperative as the menace of “unemployment is eating us up like a viral disease.” According to them, inspite of their various ethnic backgrounds, they are united in the fight against unemployment.

They lamented the situation where applicants who were merely trying to survive were forced to part with money to secure employment forms. The youth, who hold regular discussions and chats on Facebook, Twitter and on an online forum, nairaland.com said they were determined to address the socio-economic imbalances for which the unemployed Nigerian graduates are victims.

Members of the association on Facebook as of Thursday are 801 in number. One Amobi Omekwu, who is a member of the group in a post on the Facebook page said, “I’m not into this struggle because I want the government to employ me. No! I might never be a direct beneficiary of the benefits

He noted that while the group will be engaging the government on the provision of employment
opportunities and enabling environment, it would also be liaising with corporate bodies and relevant government agencies with a view to mentoring them to becoming successful entrepreneurs.

Abuya said, “Besides the issues of unemployment, we will be making our voices heard against underemployment and contract staffing by various corporate bodies which is now the order of the day.

“The association has been receiving widespread acceptance as some Nigerian youths who left the country, due to hardship and unemployment, have called me to laud the initiative. That is why I appreciate the advantages, which the advent of social media brought to our generation. This wouldn’t have been possible without the new media.”

Source: www.punchng.com/i-punch/jobless-nigerian-graduates-inaugurate-online-association/

As they say "The first step toward change is awareness. The second step is acceptance"... We are getting there and am sure we will get there its just a matter of time..

Just wanna use this medium to implore all of us to join this struggle to make a better Nigeria, either we like it or not this is our country and we are the change it need.. According to another saying " Be a Plus not a Minus because your generation needs you"

This country needs you and me coz we are its future.. We can only make this great country great again when we join forces, resources, reason and brainstorm together to fashion out a lasting solution to the problem of unemployment and how to create an enabling environment for entrepreneurs...

Keep up the good work Ehix and all his executives member, sky is not even your limit...

#peace#
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Openly Invites Trustees And Members by ehixking(m): 12:57pm On Jan 07, 2014
ATTENTION. ATTENTION. ATTENTION
We hereby invite the General Populace to our forthcoming Meeting cum LAGOS state chapter inauguration

It will take place on Saturday, 11th JAN 2014 at the HONEYPARK RESOURCES COY. 368,lagos- abeokuta expressway, OJA OBA BUS STOP ABULE EGBA( beside NURTW).lagos state.

THEME. THE ROLE OF NIGERIAN GRADUATES TOWARDS A SUSTAINABLE NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT

GUEST SPEAKER: SEGUN AKINLOLU,the world famous BEAUTIFUL NUBIA

Remember, a broom is useless when disorganised.
Its take for us to partake in nation building for the future we have all been anticipating
Your attendance is highly Valued
TOGETHER WE CAN
For enquires call
nterested persons should call
Ehis - 07030717445
Kenny-08063141854
Offiong-08062234327
Dammy-08108023630
Yussuf-08064677418
Yinka-08034853297
Biola-08036555799

Those coming from Ogun state(Abeokuta)-
Call Ayo-07031310646
Paul-08106348808
Sakiiru-07061941297
Ambrose-08033626637

Those coming from Ibadan
Emeka-08029688300
Comrade biola-08132903923
Tunmbi-08022508939
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Openly Invites Trustees And Members by hammedkola(m): 12:08am On Jan 08, 2014
Opshe: From my own point of view, i believe no adult, most importantly no graduate should be unemployed. If no one or company employes you, employ yourself! When employment is scares, empowerment should take over. The tag "Unemployed" is a state of the mind, if you accept the tag, you might just never be employed(not even by yourself). I'm not and won't ever be an unemployed graduate. Never!

@Ehixking, do you see someone thinking positively now?...That's how you too should. Not orchestrating a negative cause. "A word is enough for the wise"
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Openly Invites Trustees And Members by ehixking(m): 8:28pm On Jan 08, 2014
If you are truly employed you would be to busy to reply my post..
You should be one of our chief Unemployed member.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Openly Invites Trustees And Members by hammedkola(m): 11:02pm On Jan 08, 2014
ehixking: If you are truly employed you would be to busy to reply my post..
You should be one of our chief Unemployed member.

If you aren't daft...you 'll see for yourself that, all my comments are during bed time..tongue...get yourself empowered young man and stop this...
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Openly Invites Trustees And Members by ehixking(m): 2:41pm On Jan 09, 2014
hammedkola:

If you aren't daft...you 'll see for yourself that, all my comments are during bed time..tongue...get yourself empowered young man and stop this...
Now you can bounce off to hell with everbody else!!
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Openly Invites Trustees And Members by eddie7: 6:21pm On May 29, 2015
Wata gwan here?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Life As A Consultant... / Mechanical Engineering Or Computer Science? / Sack Fever Grips 350 National Assembly Workers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.