Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,938 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:26 AM

Top 10 Countries In The World To Migrate To - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Top 10 Countries In The World To Migrate To (154497 Views)

Top 10 Countries With The Highest Salaries (photos) / Which Is The Best African Country To Migrate? / What Country Can A Nigeria Easily Migrate To Without Much Travel Trouble? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10 Countries In The World To Migrate To by alaoeri: 9:13pm On Oct 05, 2013
Op how person go get visa Canada especially, running things on my mind against 2015.

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Countries In The World To Migrate To by Nobody: 9:15pm On Oct 05, 2013
I know Canada will be there,much like being there.
Re: Top 10 Countries In The World To Migrate To by Nobody: 9:16pm On Oct 05, 2013
I know Canada will be there,I so much like being there.
Re: Top 10 Countries In The World To Migrate To by Bruzze: 9:17pm On Oct 05, 2013
Personally i think US and Australia should be out of that list! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

5 Likes

Re: Top 10 Countries In The World To Migrate To by udemzyudex(m): 9:17pm On Oct 05, 2013
if Nigeria is not on that list then forget it......

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Countries In The World To Migrate To by realone2012: 9:21pm On Oct 05, 2013
Please Help.....Which Country do you think is really okay for me to do my Msc in Statistics with a very 'limited' budget? where their SOL is not so high and they have good Unis....Thanks Guyz
Re: Top 10 Countries In The World To Migrate To by obadadamioloun: 9:22pm On Oct 05, 2013
swiftycool: Here's some interesting news of the best places to migrate to for the best living standards. if you meet the requirements. There are a whole lot more beautiful places in the world but these have been selected based on the following CRITERIA– 1. Quality of Living, 2. Safety,3. Employment Rate and Average daily wages 4. Language Spoken

Other opinions are welcome wink
Can somebody please advice me about trinidad and tobago
10. U.S.A. – U.S.A is the world’s most powerful country. The Whole world do business on $US. That is a symbol of stability.There are people from different communities from all over the world here which provides safety. US have a strong social security system and a
Per capita income of about $45,000
However, the unemployment rate is 8.9% ,which is quite huge. Also US has tough rules for migrants, especially now that visa lottery entrance for Nigerians have been stopped. cry

9. NEWZEALAND – New Zealand is an island country in the south-western Pacific Ocean. Its population is just above 40 million and density per km. Is 20. Most of the people speak English. Main occupation is agriculture, which constitutes 28% of export . Standard of living in Newzealand is very high. Its an easy country to migrate if your professional skills are required. Low IELTS bands are required.

8. NETHERLANDS – Netherlands, which also includes most of present-day Belgium, Luxembourg, and some land of France and Germany is one of the best countries to migrate to.The weather is great here, average temperature in the summer is 10 degree Celsius and in winters which comes in January it goes as low as 0. Education is compulsory between the age 4 and 16 and partially between 16 to 18. But the official language in Netherlands is Dutch. The per capita income here is $46000 which is more than US. Also the unemployment rate is just 4.6% here.

7. Luxembourg – The country has a highly developed economy, with the world's highest GDP per capita($105,000) according to the IMF and World Bank. Three languages are recognised as official in Luxembourg: French, German, and Luxembourgish but English is spoken by a lot of people . Luxembourg's stable, high-income economy features moderate growth, low inflation, and low unemployment. Unemployment rate is under 5%. Main occupations in Luxembourg steel,transportation and communication.

6. Australia – Australia is a country in the Southern Hemisphere. Although most of Australia is semi-arid or desert but its eastern part is livable where temperature remains 10-20 degree Celsius. Standard of living is very high and per capita income is $55,500. Unemployment rate is 4.9%. But you need to be on their skills shortage list to be considered for immigration

5. Canada – Canada is a country full of variations. People from all around the world have migrated here. Official languages are French and English. Standard is living is very high here. People here are safe. It is a beautiful country attracting so may people around the world. Also it is an relatively easy country to migrate to.

4. Liechtenstein .– You probably never heard of this one lol! It a small country with just area of 164km sq and population of 35,700 . But it’s a rich country and its unemployment rate is 1.5%, lowest in the world. Per capita income is $113,000. Official language here is German.

3. Denmark – It’s the happiest country in the world. While the per capita income is $ 55,200 unemployment rate is below 5%. Official language is danish though a few people speak English.

2. Switzerland – Switzerland the world’s most beautiful country attracting a lot of tourist every year. Standard of living of people here is very high. Social security system is very strong. Per capita income is $67,000 which is very high and a very stable economy. But the problem is that ,migration rules in Switzerland are quite tough

1. Norway – Norway has been ranked number one by Human Development Index . Official language here is Norwegian but most people understand English. Standard of living is the highest in the world. The southern and western parts of Norway experience more precipitation and have milder winters than the southeastern part. Export revenues from oil and gas have risen to 45% of total exports and constitute more than 20% of the GDP. All in all it’s the best country in world to migrate to. If you want to go as a student go for Oslo University ,it offers huge scholarships.

source http://www.jasica.in/2011/03/top-10-countries-to-migrate-in-world.html
Re: Top 10 Countries In The World To Migrate To by Tinyemeka(m): 9:23pm On Oct 05, 2013
Godson201333:
Where is a Austria....A lovely tiny nation sharing Border with Switzerland...A country full of wealth.
And the homeland of Adolph Hitler. smiley

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Countries In The World To Migrate To by obadadamioloun: 9:26pm On Oct 05, 2013
What of trinidad and tobago
Re: Top 10 Countries In The World To Migrate To by bebe2(f): 9:29pm On Oct 05, 2013
wat makes these places qualify as BEST place to migrate.

its not all about money o,

the way u get treated by fellow citizens shud be a major factor wen considering migatrion.

a friend of mine traveled to sweden and was deported, wen he got home i called i asked him wat happened.

he said they took him to court and gave him a lawyer, we were all laughing

i jokingly wat did the judge say, he said he cudnt hear a word of wat they were saying becos the were speaking their local language.

i was shocked, imagine not having an interpreter to represent the boy.

after dem go say uk bad, if dat happened in the uk, both the police and the judge will pay wit their jobs

UP UK, MY HOME AWAY FROM HOME cool cool

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Countries In The World To Migrate To by DollyParton1(f): 9:36pm On Oct 05, 2013
2 of my best friends are Norwegian.
And the 3rd one is Canadian. I can clearly see the difference.
Norway is the best hands down.
Re: Top 10 Countries In The World To Migrate To by Deeaba(m): 9:37pm On Oct 05, 2013
Please any info concerning Finland. Any hopes for me going their for masters n staying back afta concluding my programme.
Re: Top 10 Countries In The World To Migrate To by Odutodaiwa: 9:38pm On Oct 05, 2013
Well I don't know the basis for the classification. I live in Norway. To be honest , it is a good country with low unemployment for those who can speak their language. In addition, they have probably the best working environment. My major problem with this country is the language barrier and that fact that it the global capital for depression.

As original omo eko. I hate the bland & tasteless nature of Norway. Here. there is some sort of "graveyard silence" which you may call peace. Lest i forget. You earn a lot compared to other contries but the country dey EXPENSIVE DIE!!!. Electricians and Plumbers charge 25,000 Naira PER HOUR!!!.

Sometimes I feel like returning to my 9ja. Some other times when I think of our wayz for 9ja, then I feel it's better to just remain here or make i run enter US.

13 Likes

Re: Top 10 Countries In The World To Migrate To by Nobody: 9:40pm On Oct 05, 2013
shocked Omo people wan leave Naija by force o! Arise o Compatriots na? If everybody go, na who go come remain na?

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Countries In The World To Migrate To by Nobody: 9:40pm On Oct 05, 2013
swiftycool:

Liechtenstein is quite a small country with no boarder patrol set up of its own separating it from Switzerland, hence it depends on the latter for control of those entering its boarders. This therefore means for Nigerians looking to get into Liechtenstein, its better they apply for a Swizz visa through Switzerland embassy on which further details about your intention to visit Liechtenstein should be stated. Liechtenstein as a country does not require a visa for Nigerian tourists visiting not more than three months in the country.
So if you intend to visit Liechtenstein via Switzerland, these are the requirement for a Switzerland tourist visa application:

A Filled out and signed Switzerland tourist visa application form

B Original, signed Nigeria passport with at least 6 months of remaining validity.

C Passport-type photograph: 1

D Itinerary. Copy of round trip tickets or itinerary.

E Medical travel insurance (Schengen). with a minimum coverage of € 30,000 and validity for all Schengen states.

F Bank Statement. Copies of bank statements from the past 3 months.

G Employment Letter. Copy of a letter from your employer on business letterhead, with contact details, stating that a leave of absence has been granted, purpose and duration of the trip, and that you will be returning to your current job. If you are self-employed, include a copy of your business license and tax return. For students, please submit an official letter from your school indicating that you are in good standing and that you are registered for the upcoming semester. If you are retired please submit proof of your retirement fund.

H Hotel Reservations. Copy of the Hotel Reservations, OR

I Personal Invitation. If visiting friends or family, you must provide letter of invitation with the contact information of the host and visitor, purpose and duration of the visit, confirmation of accommodation including the address, signature and date. You will also need to provide proof of the host's status in Switzerland ie. copy of their Switzerland passport's information page, or, if they are not a citizen of Switzerland, copies of their Switzerland residence permit and their national passport's information pages.
Nice thread Op. What are the requirements, for Migrating to Canada as a Student?
Re: Top 10 Countries In The World To Migrate To by Symphony007: 9:46pm On Oct 05, 2013
What this survey won't tell you is the level of racism in countries like switzerland. Denmark, norway,etc...these countries are very white countries with a low birth rate. Right now, they can be comfortable with a few blacks in their country. But when the blacks start growing and reproducing. Catastrophy will set in. They feel that their country is being taken away from them. I would not advise any black to migrate to any scandinavian country or the others mentioned. It's gonna be hell. Stick to the u.s,canada and australia. They have a more diverse populations and you can fit in better.

7 Likes

Re: Top 10 Countries In The World To Migrate To by Nobody: 9:47pm On Oct 05, 2013
Every person has different needs and priorities so you can't make a ranking like that. Even if Norway is no. 1 on this list, some people would never want to live there.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Countries In The World To Migrate To by hardizzle: 9:48pm On Oct 05, 2013
Who una wan leav diz country for? K,I wil try norway,ope no racism
Re: Top 10 Countries In The World To Migrate To by olahero(m): 9:52pm On Oct 05, 2013
dolapobello1: shocked Omo people wan leave Naija by force o! Arise o Compatriots na? If everybody go, na who go come remain na?
Is NOT easy to survive in this country if you are a trustworthy person, I also want travel out but with less than 30M in my pocket, even if I get 20M I won't go, because NIGERIA sweet small if you get your money and a flowing business.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Countries In The World To Migrate To by Nobody: 9:52pm On Oct 05, 2013
Odu-toda-iwa:
Well I don't know the basis for the classification. I live in Norway. To be honest , it is a good country with low unemployment for those who can speak their language. In addition, they have probably the best working environment. My major problem with this country is the language barrier and that fact that it the global capital for depression.

As original omo eko. I hate the bland & tasteless nature of Norway. Here. there is some sort of "graveyard silence" which you may call peace. Lest i forget. You earn a lot compared to other contries but the country dey EXPENSIVE DIE!!!. Electricians and Plumbers charge 25,000 Naira PER HOUR!!!.

Sometimes I feel like returning to my 9ja. Some other times when I think of our wayz for 9ja, then I feel it's better to just remain here or make i run enter US.

Try another European country. I would like to go to Southern Europe when the crisis EVENTUALLY ends. Spain is beautiful. Italy could be nice too. The wheather is mch nicer and people like to interact a lot wink
Re: Top 10 Countries In The World To Migrate To by souleymon(m): 9:53pm On Oct 05, 2013
Where is QATAR
Re: Top 10 Countries In The World To Migrate To by pjosh1(m): 9:58pm On Oct 05, 2013
Symphony007: What this survey won't tell you is the level of racism in countries like switzerland. Denmark, norway,etc...these countries are very white countries with a low birth rate. Right now, they can be comfortable with a few blacks in their country. But when the blacks start growing and reproducing. Catastrophy will set in. They feel that their country is being taken away from them. I would not advise any black to migrate to any scandinavian country or the others mentioned. It's gonna be hell. Stick to the u.s,canada and australia. They have a more diverse populations and you can fit in better.
Do u tink the government of scandinavian countries don't knw this. If they see that d population of black is much,they will simply reduce the rate of immigration. Jst like wat US did 2 Nigerians(over 50000 in US)
Re: Top 10 Countries In The World To Migrate To by vivaciousvivi(f): 9:59pm On Oct 05, 2013
Holy Mo, The GDP per capita of luxemburg is in 6 digits!!!! Wow!
I hear the cost of living in Switzerland is high as well.
Upon all their 3000 pounds bond, UK didn't even make d list! Yeye!
Re: Top 10 Countries In The World To Migrate To by alotofgrace(m): 10:01pm On Oct 05, 2013
all roads to Norway all roads to Norway
Re: Top 10 Countries In The World To Migrate To by braine(m): 10:01pm On Oct 05, 2013
Odu-toda-iwa:

Lol• But why would you employ an Electrician for something you probably could have done yourself•

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Countries In The World To Migrate To by Nobody: 10:04pm On Oct 05, 2013
New Zealand's population is less than 6 million. undecided undecided
Re: Top 10 Countries In The World To Migrate To by pjosh1(m): 10:07pm On Oct 05, 2013
babe_online: New Zealand's population is less than 6 million. undecided undecided

nice signature
Re: Top 10 Countries In The World To Migrate To by mickyarams: 10:09pm On Oct 05, 2013
Dude, Australia is one of the most racist/ Xenophobic countries in the world especially if you are not white skinned. They blame migrants for all the problems in that country. Anybody that wants to emigrate out of Nigeria for genuine reasons should avoid countries such as UK and Australia, Canada is much better especially if you are highly skilled.

Symphony007: What this survey won't tell you is the level of racism in countries like switzerland. Denmark, norway,etc...these countries are very white countries with a low birth rate. Right now, they can be comfortable with a few blacks in their country. But when the blacks start growing and reproducing. Catastrophy will set in. They feel that their country is being taken away from them. I would not advise any black to migrate to any scandinavian country or the others mentioned. It's gonna be hell. Stick to the u.s,canada and australia. They have a more diverse populations and you can fit in better.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Countries In The World To Migrate To by Nobody: 10:12pm On Oct 05, 2013
Just got to Norway for school 3 months ago. Its peaceful, beautiful, people are friendly and ready to help. Everything works for a change. Life is without stress. But the cold na die o!!!! where I am it gets to zero degrees this autumn. And the winter I am told gets to -20, -25 degrees celsius. That's the only challenge I see right now
Re: Top 10 Countries In The World To Migrate To by Tats(m): 10:16pm On Oct 05, 2013
braine:

Lol• But why would you employ an Electrician for something you probably could have done yourself•

Some electrical work can't necessarily and shouldn't be done DIY. Leave such for the experts even if it costs much.
Re: Top 10 Countries In The World To Migrate To by ikekings(m): 10:17pm On Oct 05, 2013
**follows thread**... Me sef wan commot for dis naija...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Spanish Student Visas / STUDY IN BULGARIA / Being Black In Berlin/germany

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.