Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,307 members, 7,808,041 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:30 AM

Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) (64832 Views)

The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) / Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (96) (Go Down)

Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Nobody: 8:59pm On Sep 23, 2013
Ohhh Good Moderators ,

I am here to report a thread created by Atheists which they(atheist) tagged ''meme'' ...... Other than using the thread to foster their belief in science and freewill ......the thread has been utilised in desecrating,Blashpemy,Condemning and Mockery of the personality of God, Jesus and Mohammed Respectively !!!

The Content of this thread contravened Nairaland's Rule 1,2,3,7,8 and 9 ......as it is blashpemous and mockery to we theists !!!

Kindly use your good discretion in Unleashing the apprioprate sanction on the perpetrators and the Thread itself !!!

Rule is Rule !!!

https://www.nairaland.com/1319401/meme-zone-atheists-lets-unwind

Page 7 and 8 was how much I could withstand !!!
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:34pm On Sep 23, 2013
I wish to complain about the non-response to my previous complaint on this complaint thread.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 9:46pm On Sep 23, 2013
donroxy: Ohhh Good Moderators ,

I am here to report a thread created by Atheists which they(atheist) tagged ''meme'' ...... Other than using the thread to foster their belief in science and freewill ......the thread has been utilised in desecrating,Blashpemy,Condemning and Mockery of the personality of God, Jesus and Mohammed Respectively !!!

The Content of this thread contravened Nairaland's Rule 1,2,3,7,8 and 9 ......as it is blashpemous and mockery to we theists !!!

Kindly use your good discretion in Unleashing the apprioprate sanction on the perpetrators and the Thread itself !!!

Rule is Rule !!!

we are looking into it sir

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Nobody: 10:01pm On Sep 23, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: we are looking into it sir

Thanks
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Ishilove: 11:08pm On Sep 23, 2013
donroxy: Ohhh Good Moderators ,

Rule is Rule !!!

I agree completely. The thread is an outrage. The contents of that nasty thread is nauseating and very deeply offensive to my beliefs.

Mods, something should be done ASAP about the situation

1 Like

Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by AlfaSeltzer(m): 11:12pm On Sep 23, 2013
I want to complain about the too much complaining of christians against atheist threads. And how their partisan xtian mods fall for their tantrums. Something should be done about this.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Nobody: 12:44am On Sep 24, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: we are looking into it sir

Thanks
Thank you so much wonderful Moderator !!!

Ishilove:
I agree completely. The thread is an outrage. The contents of that nasty thread is nauseating and very deeply offensive to my beliefs.

Mods, something should be done ASAP about the situation
Exactly Ma'am !!!
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Nobody: 5:14am On Sep 24, 2013
[size=18pt]Complaint[/size]

Furthermore, I have reported Ishilove's comment on that thread-
https://www.nairaland.com/1319401/meme-zone-atheists-lets-unwind/8#18320764

Ishilove: This has got to be the most disgusting thread I have ever had the misfortune to come across on Nairaland. This is an outrage!!!

I spit on this thread and all those who have blasphemed the name of the Lord.

Not only is it off topic, it is insulting to the atheists that participated on the thread. It is a thread for memes and not for christians to spit on us and to tell us that we are blasphemers.

I quoted it here in case HBG emails Ishilove behind our backs. The comment remains here for posterity.

Also, regarding that thread, the atheist meme thread is a thread for atheist memes. Some of it might contain things about how they feel about religion or funny things about religion/God which religious people might not like. But it is for atheists. If you do not like the heat, get out of the kitchen.

One should also note the history- just before that thread was opened, there was a lengthy discussion between the then mods and atheists on what is offensive. Remember my bible quiz for atheists? It was the only bible quiz thread that was gaining comments and views but then Jesoul closed it down. Jesoul claimed that the posts were too "sarcastic" for christians while I disagreed and said that there was no insult in the OP neither was sarcasm against the rules. Furthermore, I also argued that if christians could find sarcasm offensive, then atheists would be able to close many offensive christian threads as well using Jesoul's subjective "smell test" for offensive content.

Out of all this, we realised that an atheist thread for atheists shouldnt be closed because christians dont like it, the same a way a christian thread shouldnt be closed because atheists dont like it.

The only exception should be false information. If the atheist thread has false information, then close it. But seeing how atheists are more occupied with evidence, I doubt that even the best christian lawyer here would have a case against the atheist threads.

1 Like

Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Ishilove: 5:40am On Sep 24, 2013
Logicboy03: [size=18pt]Complaint[/size]

Furthermore, I have reported Ishilove's comment on that thread-
https://www.nairaland.com/1319401/meme-zone-atheists-lets-unwind/8#18320764

Not only is it off topic, it is insulting to the atheists that participated on the thread. It is a thread for memes and not for christians to spit on us and to tell us that we are blasphemers.

I quoted it here in case HBG emails Ishilove behind our backs. The comment remains here for posterity.

Until you can provide proof that HBG's mail to me was about your dry thread, please be advised to stop posting nonsense and false information because that is in gross violation of rule 8 and I will demand the mods sanction you.

That meme thread is an aberration, so all the English you just wrote up there is immaterial. So you and your atheist brethren feel it is your prerogative to post things that offend other people's beliefs because y'all find it amusing, right? Joke!

Mods, we are still awaiting action on that horrid meme thread!!
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Nobody: 6:18am On Sep 24, 2013
COMPLAINTS

If anyone has a problem with the Atheist thread, there has to be PROOF that it violates NL rules. And if any of the rules can be applied to that thread, it can also be applied to any other Christian/Satanic/Pagan thread.

I find the idea that Christians are free to castigate Atheist, Muslim, Pagan and even 'Catholic' beliefs, yet get mod protection when theirs are placed under scrutiny just repulsive.

Also, note that most Christians are more uncomfortable with @Obadiah's 'heresies' than any atheist meme.

Be careful how you apply those rules. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by God2man(m): 7:26am On Sep 24, 2013
Ajibam,humblebygrace and obadiah, i just opened a thread on the relationship between, anointing,holyghost and power.
There is an unwanted intruder on the thread,pls delete the advert.

God bless you.
God2man.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by God2man(m): 9:19am On Sep 24, 2013
God2man: Ajibam,humblebygrace and obadiah, i just opened a thread on the relationship between, anointing,holyghost and power.
There is an unwanted intruder on the thread,pls delete the advert.

God bless you.
God2man.

where are the moderators?

I am waiting.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by UjSizzle(f): 9:50am On Sep 24, 2013
God2man:

I am waiting.
Use the 'report' button on the offensive post instead, you'll get quicker response.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Obinoscopy(m): 10:05am On Sep 24, 2013
God2man:

I am waiting.
Fixed!

However, besides posting ur complaint here, you can report the post as Sizzle adviced.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by MrTroll(m): 11:21am On Sep 24, 2013
Ishilove:
Go and sleep, Mr Troll.

Mods, please let the full force of your wrath fall upon that disgusting meme thread
Ishilove you disappoint me. SMH

On the issue at hand, i would like to see the justification for closing of that thread.

Rule 1 says dont derail and always post on topic. How does that thread break the rule?

Rule 2 says don't deliberately provoke a NL member etc. Which NL member was deliberately provoked?

Rule 3 says don't encourage violent action etc. How does that thread encourage violent actions?

Rule 7 says don't say anything detrimental to the security. . . How does this thread threaten the security of NL?

Rule 8 says don't post false info. I'd like to see a christian or muslim showing the false info on that thread. For every 1 false info shown, i'll show 5 in threads opened by christians and then by said logic, this section will have to be closed! Afterall, christianity is false.

Rule 9 says don't use NL for illegal acts. This is quite hilarious.

@donroxy is just desperate to have that thread closed and will lie, blackmail and whine in order to get his way.

Threads should not be closed because somebody doesn't like the contents or find it offensive. If we go by that then no thread will survive here because somebody will always find every thread opened to be offensive.
Trinitarians will find Frosbels threads offensive, Frosbel will find all Olaadegbus hell fire threads offensive, tithers will find all non tithe threads offensive and so on. . .

Make we de watch sha. . .

4 Likes

Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by God2man(m): 11:57am On Sep 24, 2013
I should have known that, anyway thanks for everything.

God bless you.
God2man.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (96)

Woman Who Used To Go To Church 3 Times A Week, Stops After Visiting UK / Anita Oyakhilome's Name Change: Here Is The Real Gist - Lailasblog / Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.