Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,847 members, 7,802,708 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:36 PM

How Logical Is This? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Logical Is This? (826 Views)

Children Are Powerful Logical Thinkers: My Experience / One's Unborn Child As Next Of Kin, Is It Logical? / Logical Reasoning - Is A Day Old Baby Psychologically A Human Being? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Logical Is This? by JustDamsel: 11:39am On Sep 21, 2013
Last weekend, i visited my aunty and while we are all spending time together, she came up with this argument with the husband: Is it right for a wife to pick up some petty cash from the husband's wallet to buy little items for household use without telling him first? The other day, while oga was present in the house, the wife picked N200 to buy some ingredients to cook and only told him after she had done so. Days after that, she did the same, to buy soap to wash cloths for the house. And the hubby insisted she should always tell him about that beforehand , once he's at home. If he's not, that 'd be a different thing. And that, it is not as if he would ask her not to, but it is a matter of respect. The wife on the other hand, refused to accept, arguing that nothing is wrong taking small change from her 'HUSBAND' to take care of little things without first telling him. Please, who do you think is being unreasonable here? Regards all
Re: How Logical Is This? by Nobody: 12:39pm On Sep 21, 2013
Your Aunty loves argument,if the man wants to be informed before money can be taken from the pocket, by all means she should inform him.i can take money from my hubby 's pocket but I inform him later if I remembered to,i only make sure I tell him if I took the last money in his pocket.E be like say this your Aunty like wahala.

Telling beforehand ke ? What difference does it make before or after hand,abeg everybody and their own fetish.
Re: How Logical Is This? by Nobody: 1:27pm On Sep 21, 2013
The husband is right. She should be telling him first before going into his wallet and taking money, especially when he is home! She wouldn't like it is he does that to her. Perhaps he feels she has no regard for him, which's probably what this whole thing boils down to, not the fact that she takes money itself. I reckon this's likely the case because he didn't tell her not to take any money at all, but that she should inform him before doing so - which's totally understandable. Have some regard for the man. Anyone, married or not, would be bothered if someone does that to them.
Re: How Logical Is This? by Nobody: 1:33pm On Sep 21, 2013
Yes, he's her husband., no doubt .. But she has to tell him before taking any money, no matter how small it looks...I , for one wouldn't like such act....or better still, give me a list of household stuffs needed....if I were a husband..
Re: How Logical Is This? by Nobody: 4:37pm On Sep 21, 2013
I think this depends on what works for the couple. Some people wouldn't mind but if your aunty's husband wants it that way, then, WHY NOT
Re: How Logical Is This? by pickabeau1: 5:54pm On Sep 21, 2013
This topic again...... smiley

Refer to the following threads

https://www.nairaland.com/1257382/what-wrong-taking-money-hubbys

https://www.nairaland.com/42446/woman-steal-husband

https://www.nairaland.com/593165/does-taking-money-husband-make

JustDamsel: Last weekend, i visited my aunty and while we are all spending time together, she came up with this argument with the husband: Is it right for a wife to pick up some petty cash from the husband's wallet to buy little items for household use without telling him first? The other day, while oga was present in the house, the wife picked N200 to buy some ingredients to cook and only told him after she had done so. Days after that, she did the same, to buy soap to wash cloths for the house. And the hubby insisted she should always tell him about that beforehand , once he's at home. If he's not, that 'd be a different thing. And that, it is not as if he would ask her not to, but it is a matter of respect. The wife on the other hand, refused to accept, arguing that nothing is wrong taking small change from her 'HUSBAND' to take care of little things without first telling him. Please, who do you think is being unreasonable here? Regards all

1 Like

Re: How Logical Is This? by swagqueen(f): 6:04pm On Sep 21, 2013
I think telling the man first is ok especially if it's an issue
Re: How Logical Is This? by t4dec(f): 6:18pm On Sep 21, 2013
Its nonsense. Since he's hme why wunt she tel hm?
Even wen my hubby ain hme i try reachn hm on fne or txt hm abt abt it. To me its best u tel hm evn if u want to use d mney 2buy stufs 4hm.
Re: How Logical Is This? by Nobody: 6:57pm On Sep 21, 2013
I think its proper she tells him before takin it...
just imagine she took it without informing him and later forgot to do so then he has to go out, picks his empty wallet and enters a bus or others some stuff at the shop only to discover he has no money to pay .... *
Re: How Logical Is This? by Nobody: 7:07pm On Sep 21, 2013
She should tell him beforehand, it's simple courtesy. Unless he's stingy and will say no and this is her way of getting extra small change from him. grin
Re: How Logical Is This? by Haywhymido(m): 7:18pm On Sep 21, 2013
Yea, she shd follow her hubby's advice. But 4 me,1 thin dat is constant is dat she must tell me either b4 or afta. I need to knw.
Re: How Logical Is This? by EfemenaXY: 1:12pm On Sep 22, 2013
ileobatojo: She should tell him beforehand, it's simple courtesy. Unless he's stingy and will say no and this is her way of getting extra small change from him. grin

Ile, even if the guy is stingy, she still has to tell him before hand, for the sake of peace.

@OP, doesn't your aunt work? Shouldn't she (as a self-respecting woman) have her own source of income to cover her miscelleaneous expenses a.k.a small chicken change tinz?

Jeez! Some women sha!
Re: How Logical Is This? by Nobody: 1:17pm On Sep 22, 2013
Efemena_xy:

Ile, even if the guy is stingy, she still has to tell him before hand, for the sake of peace.

@OP, doesn't your aunt work? Shouldn't she (as a self-respecting woman) have her own source of income to cover her miscelleaneous expenses a.k.a small chicken change tinz?

Jeez! Some women sha!

Oh I agree it would be wrong. But what I was trying to say is that in one case it is just an oversight(like the OP case) but in the other case, it's premeditated stealing so it no longer becomes an argument if whether you should tell or not beforehand.

(1) (Reply)

I Dey Wonder Ooo / Girl, Nine, Kills Gun Instructor / FAMILY AFFAIR: Mrs Mugabe Planning To Succeed Mr Mugabe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.