Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,277 members, 7,807,932 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:01 PM

Pictures Of University Libraries - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Pictures Of University Libraries (6108 Views)

Photos Of University Of Ilorin / Opinion: Top 5 Nigerias Most Beautiful University Libraries / 6 Of The Most Beautiful University Libraries In Nigeria (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pictures Of University Libraries by Nobody: 11:43pm On Sep 21, 2013
Sequel to my thread Pictures of University Classrooms, I'm posting pictures of university libraries in developed countries. Compare them to the shiit (pardon my french) we have in Nigeria and tell me why the likes of Stanley Amalaha won't continue to exist.

As usual if you disagree with me, post pictures of your university library for comparison.
Re: Pictures Of University Libraries by Nobody: 11:48pm On Sep 21, 2013
Why don't you just coalesce the two threads together, would be better that way
Re: Pictures Of University Libraries by Nobody: 11:58pm On Sep 21, 2013
emk4lif: Why don't you just coalesce the two threads together, would be better that way

I think it is better this way, so that the Topic can be discussed widely with different views, as well as have more ideas on every aspect that needs development
Re: Pictures Of University Libraries by Nobody: 11:59pm On Sep 21, 2013

University Library of Graz, University of Graz, Austria

[img]http://www.gwu.edu/sites/www.gwu.edu/files/image/Discover_University_Libraries_Gelman_Library_2008_DSC_3775%20460x200.jpg[/img]
George Washington University Library, George Washington University, USA

Thomas Fisher Rare Book Library, University of Toronto, Canada

Tama Art University Library, Tama Art University, Tokyo

Magdalen College Library, Oxford University, UK
Re: Pictures Of University Libraries by Nobody: 12:00am On Sep 22, 2013
eddiebruk:

I think it is better this way, so that the Topic can be discussed widely with different views, as well as have more ideas on every aspect that needs development
_
Ok. You can both delete your posts, let me move it.
Re: Pictures Of University Libraries by stan4b(m): 12:01am On Sep 22, 2013
Beautiful libraries. But,I still rep uniben library.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pictures Of University Libraries by Nobody: 12:01am On Sep 22, 2013
SimonAndal:
_
Ok. You can both delete your posts, let me move it.

Leave it bro, it is better this way please, it will be too complicated getting more points on what is needed to be discussed about the Libraries and the classrooms
Re: Pictures Of University Libraries by Nobody: 12:02am On Sep 22, 2013
Pictures from Donald Ekong Librar,y Uniport ....

Re: Pictures Of University Libraries by Nobody: 12:03am On Sep 22, 2013
stan4b: Beautiful libraries. But,I still rep uniben library.

We talking Libraries here you talking Uniben...bookshop or Library...? which does Uniben have..?
Re: Pictures Of University Libraries by Nobody: 12:04am On Sep 22, 2013
[b][/b]
Re: Pictures Of University Libraries by Nobody: 12:08am On Sep 22, 2013
More from Uniport's Donald Ekong

Re: Pictures Of University Libraries by Nobody: 12:10am On Sep 22, 2013
Covering my head in shame as I compare those storehouses of knowledge with the thrash Uniport calls a library..
That Austrian library looks like a classic gothic cathedral and that Tama Art Library is just breathtaking...

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of University Libraries by Nobody: 12:11am On Sep 22, 2013
emk4lif: More from Uniport's Donald Ekong
emk4lif: Pictures from Donald Ekong Librar,y Uniport where I school
_
Ha! Compare them with the ones I posted. LOL!
Re: Pictures Of University Libraries by Nobody: 12:15am On Sep 22, 2013
SimonAndal:
_
Ha! Compare them with the ones I posted. LOL!
Lol, No comparison at all and we wonder why we spew out retards like stanley amalahas..however I'm certainly not going to let the environment define me
Re: Pictures Of University Libraries by Nobody: 12:18am On Sep 22, 2013

Jacob-und-Wilhelm-Grimm-Zentrum Library, Humboldt University, Berlin

József Attila Study and Information Centre, University of Szeged, Hungary

George Peabody Library, John Hopkins University, USA

Suzzallo Library’s Graduate Reading Room, University of Washington, USA

Linderman Library, Lehigh University, USA
Re: Pictures Of University Libraries by Nobody: 12:21am On Sep 22, 2013
SimonAndal:
Jacob-und-Wilhelm-Grimm-Zentrum Library, Humboldt University, Berlin

József Attila Study and Information Centre, University of Szeged, Hungary

George Peabody Library, John Hopkins University, USA

Suzzallo Library’s Graduate Reading Room, University of Washington, USA

Linderman Library, Lehigh University, USA
Now this is classic intimidation **mouth agape**
Re: Pictures Of University Libraries by Nobody: 12:22am On Sep 22, 2013
emk4lif:
Now this is classic intimidation **mouth agape**
_
Ha! And you wonder why we gave birth to Stanley.
Re: Pictures Of University Libraries by Nobody: 12:32am On Sep 22, 2013
SimonAndal:
_
Ha! And you wonder why we gave birth to Stanley.
Can't wait to complete my first degree and get out to a proper university,....those libraries alone stimulate a desire to study and learn....we really have not started at all in this country...
Re: Pictures Of University Libraries by Nobody: 2:05am On Sep 22, 2013
@OP: Those foreign libraries make Nigerian ones look like elementary school book shops shocked
It will even be more impressive if u can post library pics of PUBLIC universities. I may post that if my Alma mater-CSUSM in San Diego county.
Re: Pictures Of University Libraries by ozoemeka(m): 6:34am On Sep 22, 2013
Public universities and private universities here in America do not carry the same "distinction" they do in nigeria, both could be equvialent in rankings

CFCfan: @OP: Those foreign libraries make Nigerian ones look like elementary school book shops shocked
It will even be more impressive if u can post library pics of PUBLIC universities. I may post that if my Alma mater-CSUSM in San Diego county.
Re: Pictures Of University Libraries by Nobody: 5:13pm On Sep 22, 2013

The purpose of this thread is to discuss where we went wrong in our education system as a nation. Don't just view and leave, please. Comment.
Re: Pictures Of University Libraries by Fynestboi: 5:17pm On Sep 22, 2013
Interesting: let get the inner view of our dear Nigeria varsities Library not the outer building...

Let all drop our school library pics then discussion would emerge from there...

Oya let go on...
Re: Pictures Of University Libraries by bizibrain(m): 5:26pm On Sep 22, 2013
Intresting.
Re: Pictures Of University Libraries by passionate88: 5:47pm On Sep 22, 2013
Jesus Christ!. This is what we should expect from our universities now that the F.G has accepted to fund them
Re: Pictures Of University Libraries by Nobody: 6:44pm On Sep 22, 2013
#Angry
seeking assylum soon, fuccck Nigeria!!!!!!!!!
Re: Pictures Of University Libraries by Nobody: 7:10pm On Sep 22, 2013
passionate88: Jesus Christ!. This is what we should expect from our universities now that the F.G has accepted to fund them
_
Nne please stop dreaming. Nigeria is NEVER (quote me anywhere) going to be like this. NEVER!

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of University Libraries by Xoxyl(m): 8:42pm On Sep 22, 2013
naija sha
Re: Pictures Of University Libraries by Nobody: 9:23pm On Sep 22, 2013
Believe it or not this "Stewpid" country is "foucked", And when am done with this shiit hole in the next four years, am leaving never to "fuckinnng" come back again! Never! See Library! What a national disgrace. I won't blame GEJ's wife for not being able to communicate properly, now I know why.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of University Libraries by Nobody: 10:05pm On Sep 22, 2013
SimonAndal:
_
Nne please stop dreaming. Nigeria is NEVER (quote me anywhere) going to be like this. NEVER!
#word
Re: Pictures Of University Libraries by Nobody: 10:16pm On Sep 22, 2013
adeaugustus: Believe it or not this "Stewpid" country is "foucked", And when am done with this shiit hole in the next four years, am leaving never to "fuckinnng" come back again! Never! See Library! What a national disgrace. I won't blame GEJ's wife for not being able to communicate properly, now I know why.
_
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin CHEI!!!!!
Re: Pictures Of University Libraries by Nobody: 11:10pm On Sep 22, 2013
adeaugustus: Believe it or not this "Stewpid" country is "foucked", And when am done with this shiit hole in the next four years, am leaving never to "fuckinnng" come back again! Never! See Library! What a national disgrace. I won't blame GEJ's wife for not being able to communicate properly, now I know why.

Lawd have mercy! THIS IS WICKED!!
Re: Pictures Of University Libraries by onyinye03(f): 3:13am On Sep 23, 2013
I agree that they are way ahead of us, but I fail to see how we all insulting nd running ourselves down will help anything. Its not as if we'll get scholarships for insultin nigeria... My humble advice is that we stop complaining bout the things we don't have nd make the best of wat we have. Yes we hav horribble libraries etc, but don't let it be an excuse for us to fail. As we work with the little we have God will see us and grow us.... When it is our turn to rule Nigeria, we'll do better by God's grace

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerians In University Of Ghana / 44 Million Nigerians Can't Read ? / Live Streaming Of Convocation At Covenant University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.