Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,581 members, 7,809,108 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:23 PM

Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? (21162 Views)

The Allegory Of Adam And Eve / No Christian Will Be Left Behind On Rapture Day : Parable Of The 10 Virgins / The Man Who Saw Adam,abel,lot And Jonah (the Call) Must Read. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? by thehomer: 11:30am On Sep 29, 2013
tosnat:

Cant go through the stress of quoting all stupid posts.... oh faithless and perverse generation..

God created the science your are studying..
He created you..
He gave you wisdom and an ability to think..
He gave you freewill..
Let's not rebel against HIM...
HE is supreme over all..
Thats why HE IS GOD..
thats y you can't understand HIM..
HE hasn't mandated you to understand HIS works anyway..
ALL you MUST do is believe HIM...

HE cares..

Well you quoted me so . . . .

I hope you watched that clip to understand just how mysterious this God of yours is.

No your God didn't create science neither did he create me. He didn't give me anything so why should I bother believing him?
Re: Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? by spade: 11:37am On Sep 29, 2013
I think it was a leviathan that swallowed him.
Re: Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? by bracooloye(m): 11:39am On Sep 29, 2013
Have u ever ask ur self who crated the fish who created jonah and who send Jonah the answer is GOD so he can do all things
Re: Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? by Nobody: 11:40am On Sep 29, 2013
spade: I think it was a leviathan that swallowed him.
shocked grin

2 Likes

Re: Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? by Manuellu(m): 11:43am On Sep 29, 2013
mcfynest:

Since you already disagreed what else can i do
well, u can elucidate ur bias assertion
Re: Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? by Nobody: 11:46am On Sep 29, 2013
thehomer:

I hope you watched that clip to understand just how mysterious this God of yours is.

No your God didn't create science neither did he create me. He didn't give me anything so why should I bother believing him?
mehn....i pity u so much. Sounding so intelligent to urself, forming bad guy wit his own mind lol. I pity u bro
Re: Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? by Nobody: 11:47am On Sep 29, 2013
thehomer:

mehn....i pity u so much. Sounding so intelligent to urself, forming bad guy, kai! I pity u bro
Re: Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? by Nobody: 11:50am On Sep 29, 2013
Judas2013:

Each time christians use the Jonah story i always laugh. Christians can believe anything sha! Anyway as long as their are ignorant people on the planet,the rich will remain rich.
smh on how u underestimate the power of ur creator
Re: Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? by DEGREE2466(m): 11:53am On Sep 29, 2013
You people will be in a quest to make front page question what is beyond you.

What business of yours is it whether it is real or allegory?
Re: Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? by eaglechild: 11:53am On Sep 29, 2013
Rossikk: Jonah was most likely taken into a submarine powered by advanced extraterrestrials. The best description his pre-industrial mind could give was ''a whale''.

Similar to Elijah going up in a ''chariot of fire''. This was most likely a spaceship powered by advanced extraterrestrials.

Most societies in the ancient world encountered these beings whom they came to regard as 'gods'.

In fact the root of religion lies in the visitations of these beings in antiquity, and there is every reason to believe that we were in fact 'CREATED' by those beings, who mixed their DNA with that of earth hominids to create 'man', ie a human body capable of housing intelligent souls.

Who created those beings?
Re: Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? by goldfish80(m): 11:55am On Sep 29, 2013
Rossikk: Jonah was most likely taken into a submarine powered by advanced extraterrestrials. The best description his pre-industrial mind could give was ''a whale''.

Similar to Elijah going up in a ''chariot of fire''. This was most likely a spaceship powered by advanced extraterrestrials.

Most societies in the ancient world encountered these beings whom they came to regard as 'gods'.

In fact the root of religion lies in the visitations of these beings in antiquity, and there is every reason to believe that we were in fact 'CREATED' by those beings, who mixed their DNA with that of earth hominids to create 'man', ie a human body capable of housing intelligent souls.

These extratterestrial being theories seems to be making sense to me more by the day.Theres a programme running on history channel by 10pm on Sundays were they gv account of physical evidence that these beings visited the earth durring the dark ages.
The Romans(Zeus),Greeks(Apollo),Norsemen(Odin) called them different names but they were infact the same biengs.

1 Like

Re: Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? by philfearon(m): 12:02pm On Sep 29, 2013
Delafruita: are u for real?a man in the belly of a fish for 3 frigging days?
is it hard to believe?
People are stuck in the Sub-saharan desert for 21days without water,in the fullness of The Suns scorching heat!!
A woman carries a child for 9months-14months,yet their tummy dont burst!!
The Whole World walks on the Earth surface,yet it doesnt sink!!
Ships Sail on seas,yet they do not Sink,unless a heavy storm comes!!
Airplanes fly!!
You stay in that your tiny Room and type and send a post,yet i see it from my Location.......
Seriously,you guys that Think you are Logical end up thinking like Fools!!
There are Billions of Things yet,that you cant explain...Stop Making a caricature of Christians!!

1 Like

Re: Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? by philfearon(m): 12:05pm On Sep 29, 2013
thehomer:

grin grin So Jonah lived in an ordinary fish for three days? How big do you think Jonah was?
Its very clear you dont believe in God...Allow those that believe in Him be...Stop disgracing your ignorance in Public...
Re: Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? by Nobody: 12:06pm On Sep 29, 2013
philfearon:
is it hard to believe?
People are stuck in the Sub-saharan desert for 21days without water,in the fullness of The Suns scorching heat!!
A woman carries a child for 9months-14months,yet their tummy dont burst!!
The Whole World walks on the Earth surface,yet it doesnt sink!!
Ships Sail on seas,yet they do not Sink,unless a heavy storm comes!!
Airplanes fly!!
You stay in that your tiny Room and type and send a post,yet i see it from my Location.......
Seriously,you guys that Think you are Logical end up thinking like Fools!!
There are Billions of Things yet,that you cant explain...Stop Making a caricature of Christians!!
the great [size=4pt]reprobate[/size] philfearon is here

1 Like

Re: Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? by jmoore(m): 12:12pm On Sep 29, 2013
Something big swallowed Jonah, Call it fish or whale or whatever. The fact is that something big in the sea swallowed Jonah.

EOD!!
Re: Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? by smart134: 12:19pm On Sep 29, 2013
thehomer:

So it was a "special fish" that swallowed Jonah? Seriously you guys will believe anything at all as long as it is written in the Bible.

the bible was written by God himself tru Men! Be wise
Re: Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? by Christmasdon(m): 12:19pm On Sep 29, 2013
Judas2013:

Each time christians use the Jonah story i always laugh. Christians can believe anything sha! Anyway as long as their are ignorant people on the planet,the rich will remain rich.

Re: Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? by mcfynest(m): 12:21pm On Sep 29, 2013
Crixina: so now you guys are saying all those stories like the burning bush,talking donkey,parting of the red sea are just allegories,going by that,it means they are all subject to interpretations like an art work,which could be interpreted in different ways.Good then cos I will start giving my own interpretations.

this are things of the spirit......this is not herb,grass or heathen doctrine.... but this is spiritual and only the elect can decode this mysteries
Re: Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? by philfearon(m): 12:22pm On Sep 29, 2013
obadiah777: the great [size=4pt]reprobate[/size] philfearon is here
See your head!.......So,you are a mod?
Re: Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? by smart134: 12:23pm On Sep 29, 2013
thehomer:

i pity U..u need God in ur Life
Re: Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? by supersun1(m): 12:24pm On Sep 29, 2013
smiley
Re: Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? by cashinsam: 12:25pm On Sep 29, 2013
my frend God always did somethin dt beyound hunman understandin.dt wht makes him God.
Re: Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? by Nobody: 12:25pm On Sep 29, 2013
philfearon:
See your head!.......So,you are a mod?
na so i see am sire grin

1 Like

Re: Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? by philfearon(m): 12:28pm On Sep 29, 2013
obadiah777: na so i see am sire grin
I see.....
And you are Here they are making Caricature of Our Almighty God,YHWH?
Re: Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? by Sike(m): 12:29pm On Sep 29, 2013
Only God knows best.
Re: Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? by tosnat: 12:31pm On Sep 29, 2013
thehomer:

You will understand... everyone will eventually..
Re: Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? by ify84(m): 12:42pm On Sep 29, 2013
to them that are outside these things are foolishness but to them within it is d power of God...
there is no point arguing with one outside when u are inside... de cant hear u...

I see no issue here...
Re: Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? by Nobody: 12:42pm On Sep 29, 2013
philfearon:
I see.....
And you are Here they are making Caricature of Our Almighty God,YHWH?
i dont moderate peoples opinions. this aint no gestapo outfit sire wink
Re: Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? by ZN2: 12:48pm On Sep 29, 2013
wiegraf: I'm sorry to interrupt, but considering the nature of topic and the erudition on display here, I feel this is the best place to discuss this

So, what do you think?

What? Are you a child to believe santa claus exists?
Re: Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? by Eliasog: 12:51pm On Sep 29, 2013
Stop all this argument about the scripture, it is not an online thing, if you need answer to that Jonal in the fish puzzle, seek a teacher of the word in a bible believing, studying and practising church. You dont have to believe it as "Jonah inside the fish for three days is analogy of how the son of man shall be inside the earth for three days" . Meanwhile ANCIENT MEN ARE MORE WISER THAN MORDERN MEN.
Re: Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? by philfearon(m): 12:51pm On Sep 29, 2013
obadiah777: i dont moderate peoples opinions. this aint no gestapo outfit sire wink
What i mean is:
Have you no Thing to Say on The Topic?
Re: Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? by Youngzedd(m): 12:53pm On Sep 29, 2013
@Christians

Don't let any post here change your faith.

I can smell some skeletons here.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

"Everything About President Buhari Is Deceptive And Selective" - CAN / Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? / Why Pator Chris Okotie Divorced His Wife Stephanie Henshaw

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.