Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,437 members, 7,781,276 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 11:40 AM

Abs Light Off & On Issues - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Abs Light Off & On Issues (987 Views)

What Does The ABS Sign On Dash Board Means / Toyota Hilux 2013: ABS Light On / Problem With My Camry ABS Light (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abs Light Off & On Issues by kc007(m): 10:28am On Sep 22, 2013
Pleaae this maybe a little long, just trying to explain the issues properly.
The car is audi a4, 2001 model equiped with ABS, 1.8T engine,AWD with Auto transmission.
Had a reason to work on the left front wheel b/c of persistent 'kpuru kpuru' noise coming from there.
Mechanic diagnosed faulty disc bearing & worn shaft tread, so he had to loose it & took the whole system (hub) to a workshop where the bearing will removed & replaced.
He did this with the ABS sensor still on the hub.
After coupling it back the ABS light shows whn ignition is on.
I noticed dt & asked him why, he realised dt there's a round metal(looking like shaft cover clip,don't kno d real name) he suppose to fit on the shaft b/4 locking it on the disc. He has to uncouple the system & fit that metal(which he thinks is the sensor).
Now when the igition is on, the ABS light comes on but goes off after 2 mins or so, then comes on again in about 5mins later & remains on. Within that 5mins the the light is off i notice the brake don't hold smoothly, but smoothens whn the like is on.
I took the car to scan the ABS thinking resetting could solve that, but found out the 1 @ left front wheel isn't communicating with the scanner. They checked the cables & they're all fitted.
Could it be dt the sensor has been damaged or the system is not properly fitted?
Please any body with idea, help.
Re: Abs Light Off & On Issues by ZIMDRILL(m): 12:06pm On Sep 22, 2013
its either two things happened to that left front wheel, the mechanic either damaged the sensor or ring which is the pick up point of the sensor
Re: Abs Light Off & On Issues by kc007(m): 10:18pm On Sep 29, 2013
@ ZIM DRILL, it seems i'm into more problems now about the braking system. The mechanic uncoupled the system again in attempt to clean it up for any possibe change. The only improvement is absence of resistance when brake is applied during the brief period of ABS light off(as desribed earlier). Meanwhile there's another development- about 12hrs later brake light pops up & continued beeping, though got cleared after stopping & restarting the car, then came up in the same form about 12hrs later again. This happens mostly in the mornings & evenings. He didn't work elsewhere except the left front wheel area & hand break is completely disengaged.
The mechanic's idea is exhausted & i don't know where else to go. His opinion now is that i can't get those lights off the instrument cluster, that there's no problem as long as the brake is working.
Persnally i know there's problem. Please what do you suggest i do?
Re: Abs Light Off & On Issues by Nobody: 2:34pm On Oct 01, 2013
ZIM DRILL: its either two things happened to that left front wheel, the mechanic either damaged the sensor or ring which is the pick up point of the sensor
the left wheel hit a goat undecided
Re: Abs Light Off & On Issues by kc007(m): 6:42am On Oct 02, 2013
kc007: @ ZIM DRILL, it seems i'm into more problems now about the braking system. The mechanic uncoupled the system again in attempt to clean it up for any possibe change. The only improvement is absence of resistance when brake is applied during the brief period of ABS light off(as desribed earlier). Meanwhile there's another development- about 12hrs later brake light pops up & continued dimming, though got cleared after stopping & restarting the car, then came up in the same form about 12hrs later again. He didn't work elsewhere except the left front wheel area & hand break is completely disengaged.
The mechanic's idea is exhausted & i don't know where else to go. His opinion now is that i can't get those lights off the instrument cluster, that there's no problem as long as the brake is working.
Persnally i know there's problem. Please what do you suggest i do?
Please any useful idea can help. Still waiting for suggestions.

(1) (Reply)

See What Jaguar Is Having For Breakfast [PHOTOS] / Golf 3 Central Lock Pump Running But Not Locking / Wanna Resurrect My Old Volvo 760 Car For Businees,,where Can I Get The Engines?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.