Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,895 members, 7,802,879 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:13 AM

Is It Proper To Breastfeed A Baby In Public? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Proper To Breastfeed A Baby In Public? (1722 Views)

Is it proper for My Younger Brother to Bring Girls into My Room? / Is It Proper For A Wife To Wear A 'g-string'? Please Help / It Is Proper To Have Sex During Fasting Period? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Proper To Breastfeed A Baby In Public? by Nobody: 11:38am On Sep 22, 2013
Was in Church today and a lady just brought out one of her vessels; and in full glare of everybody was breastfeeding her baby and i was like 'dafuq' undecided. This isnt the 1st time i'm seeing women do such, question is is it proper? I wouldnt allow my wife do such!
Re: Is It Proper To Breastfeed A Baby In Public? by Idowuogbo(f): 11:40am On Sep 22, 2013
So make she starve her child? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Is It Proper To Breastfeed A Baby In Public? by Nobody: 11:47am On Sep 22, 2013
Idowuogbo: So make she starve her child? undecided

Women that breastfeeds in public lacks decorum. She should have a flask meal or some sort of alternative while away from home.

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper To Breastfeed A Baby In Public? by Ola2njee: 11:47am On Sep 22, 2013
Exposin ur bosoms in public 4 notin is common...watz rng in exposin dem 2 feed ur child?
Re: Is It Proper To Breastfeed A Baby In Public? by Nobody: 11:49am On Sep 22, 2013
If my baby cries for food in public, I'm feeding......

If you don't want to see it, face front and mind your business.

My baby comes above any nonsensical societal decorum.

7 Likes

Re: Is It Proper To Breastfeed A Baby In Public? by MrsChima(f): 11:49am On Sep 22, 2013
Prof_Dumbledore: Was in Church today and a lady just brought out one of her vessels; and in full glare of everybody was breastfeeding her baby and i was like 'dafuq' undecided. This isnt the 1st time i'm seeing women do such, question is is it proper? I wouldnt allow my wife do such!

Babies don't wait until mommy is in private to suck. Babies are greedy and moms do forget to bring blanket.

It's life.

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper To Breastfeed A Baby In Public? by MrsChima(f): 11:51am On Sep 22, 2013
Prof_Dumbledore: Was in Church today and a lady just brought out one of her vessels; and in full glare of everybody was breastfeeding her baby and i was like 'dafuq' undecided. This isnt the 1st time i'm seeing women do such, question is is it proper? I wouldnt allow my wife do such!

Do you own your wife?
Re: Is It Proper To Breastfeed A Baby In Public? by Nobody: 11:52am On Sep 22, 2013
It's not wrong,just cover up your boĆ³bs properly. undecided

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper To Breastfeed A Baby In Public? by Idowuogbo(f): 11:53am On Sep 22, 2013
El Guapo:

Women that breastfeeds in public lacks decorum. She should have a flask meal or some sort of alternative while away from home.
See bolded

Dallas Cowgirl: If my baby cries for food in public, I'm feeding......

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper To Breastfeed A Baby In Public? by cyara(f): 11:53am On Sep 22, 2013
I find it difficult to understand why most women do this. I feel it isn'tt right to do such, if you must breastfeed your baby you can always go to a place where there are less crowd so as not to distract others from the preaching. Most churches these days have speakers mounted outside the church premises so you can still hear what is being said outside

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper To Breastfeed A Baby In Public? by Nobody: 11:56am On Sep 22, 2013
Dallas Cowgirl: If my baby cries for food in public, I'm feeding......

This isn't about societal decorum but a decorum that paints a picture of how exposed you are to sanity.

If a rural inhabitant would gladly divulge her breasts just in the name of breastfeeding in a public place, what would an educated urban dweller of ya kind do? Follow suit?

C'mon gal, think of how to define decorum.
Re: Is It Proper To Breastfeed A Baby In Public? by xynerise: 11:57am On Sep 22, 2013
There are ways to breastfeed a baby without any one seeing your bwest

Re: Is It Proper To Breastfeed A Baby In Public? by Nobody: 11:59am On Sep 22, 2013
xynerise: There are ways to breastfeed a baby without any one seeing your bwest

Gazillions of alternatives i tell you, my wife would know better though.

Ladies of 21st century never seize to amaze moi.
Re: Is It Proper To Breastfeed A Baby In Public? by MrsChima(f): 12:00pm On Sep 22, 2013
I don't think it's right for anyone to dictate what a woman does with her baby especially if it's an infant.

I think people need to grow up and stop thinking it's about them.

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper To Breastfeed A Baby In Public? by Idowuogbo(f): 12:02pm On Sep 22, 2013
Mrs.Chima:
I don't think it's right for anyone to dictate what a woman does with her baby especially if it's an infant.

I think people need to grow up and stop thinking it's about them.
Tell em! kiss
Re: Is It Proper To Breastfeed A Baby In Public? by MrsChima(f): 12:02pm On Sep 22, 2013
Ladies....imagine men telling you how to wear a tampon. Funny right?

Why are they offering suggestions on how to breastfeed? WTF?

Many ways to breastfeed? GTFOH.
Re: Is It Proper To Breastfeed A Baby In Public? by Nobody: 12:03pm On Sep 22, 2013
El Guapo:

This isn't about societal decorum but a decorum that paints a picture of how exposed you are to sanity.

If a rural inhabitant would gladly divulge her breasts just in the name of breastfeeding in a public place, what would an educated urban dweller of ya kind do? Follow suit?

C'mon gal, think of how to define decorum.

Sometimes you boys think you're saying something.

Why not ask this same society to create private spaces for breastfeeding mothers?

I will not be breast feeding my babe in a public toilet.

If babe gets hungry, she'll get fed. Simple.

If private spaces are created, then guys like you won't have to complain about crying babies in public.

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper To Breastfeed A Baby In Public? by Idowuogbo(f): 12:03pm On Sep 22, 2013
Do dey have access to bags like dat in naija? Msteeeew! Na copy copy go kill una.
Re: Is It Proper To Breastfeed A Baby In Public? by Nobody: 12:05pm On Sep 22, 2013
xynerise: There are ways to breastfeed a baby without any one seeing your bwest

Boo
I want to see my baby's face when she's sucking my milk tongue

I want her to associate me with positivity/comfort. tongue
Re: Is It Proper To Breastfeed A Baby In Public? by MrsChima(f): 12:05pm On Sep 22, 2013
Idowuogbo: Do dey have access to bags like dat in naija? Msteeeew! Na copy copy go kill una.

Lol.
Re: Is It Proper To Breastfeed A Baby In Public? by xynerise: 12:06pm On Sep 22, 2013
Idowuogbo: Do dey have access to bags like dat in naija? Msteeeew! Na copy copy go kill una.
Use wrapper
Re: Is It Proper To Breastfeed A Baby In Public? by xynerise: 12:07pm On Sep 22, 2013
Dallas Cowgirl:

Boo
I want to see my baby's face when she's sucking my milk tongue

I want her to associate me with positivity/comfort. tongue
Then stick ur head under the bag/wrapper too tongue
Re: Is It Proper To Breastfeed A Baby In Public? by MrsChima(f): 12:07pm On Sep 22, 2013
Pop out a titty and let the baby suck!
Re: Is It Proper To Breastfeed A Baby In Public? by Idowuogbo(f): 12:09pm On Sep 22, 2013
xynerise:
Use wrapper
Na! My child loves fresh air.
Re: Is It Proper To Breastfeed A Baby In Public? by MrsChima(f): 12:12pm On Sep 22, 2013
Idowuogbo:
Na! My child loves fresh air.

The men are jealous because they can't suck.
Re: Is It Proper To Breastfeed A Baby In Public? by xynerise: 12:13pm On Sep 22, 2013
Mrs.Chima:
Pop out a titty and let the baby suck!
Oh yea? Even in a public bus? grin

Re: Is It Proper To Breastfeed A Baby In Public? by xynerise: 12:14pm On Sep 22, 2013
Mrs.Chima:

The men are jealous because they can't suck.
It was ours before the baby arrived and still ours
Re: Is It Proper To Breastfeed A Baby In Public? by Nobody: 12:15pm On Sep 22, 2013
Dallas Cowgirl: Sometimes you boys think you're saying something.

Why not ask this same society to create private spaces for breastfeeding mothers?

I will not be breast feeding my babe in a public toilet.

If babe gets hungry, she'll get fed. Simple.

If private spaces are created, then guys like you won't have to complain about crying babies in public.

And you're telling me that you cant lookout for a secured ground to breastfeed? That u'd resort to the option of open ground breastfeeding cos you dont have to go searching for a secured place?

Ever thought of Nursing bras? It was an invention to stem yo ladies sham public displays.

Get into a secured ground and breastfeed yo baby and dont give us a reason to think u're the most dedicated 'uncivilized' Mum of all time.
Re: Is It Proper To Breastfeed A Baby In Public? by Nobody: 12:18pm On Sep 22, 2013
El Guapo:

And you're telling me that you cant lookout for a secured ground to breastfeed? That u'd resort to the option of open ground breastfeeding cos you dont have to go searching for a secured place?

Ever thought of Nursing bras? It was an invention to stem yo ladies sham public displays.

Get into a secured ground and breastfeed yo baby and dont give us a reason to think u're the most dedicated 'uncivilized' Mum of all time.

Secured ground?

Nitori kini?

Honey, I just want to breast feed my child, I'm not doing a ritual.

Breast feeding means I'm uncivilized? My babe begs to differ. She prolly thinks I'm the most awesome. grin

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper To Breastfeed A Baby In Public? by Nobody: 12:22pm On Sep 22, 2013
Dallas Cowgirl: Secured ground?

Nitori kini?

Honey, I just want to breast feed my child, I'm not doing a ritual.

Breast feeding means I'm uncivilized? My babe begs to differ. She prolly thinks I'm the most awesome. grin

Oh yeah and i traverse on same school of thought, breastfeeding rocks but you gotta watch the excesses.

You might wanna have a BJ in a public place too cos you places yo husband's happiness first?
Re: Is It Proper To Breastfeed A Baby In Public? by Nobody: 12:24pm On Sep 22, 2013
El Guapo:

Oh yeah and i traverse on same school of thought, breastfeeding rocks but you gotta watch the excesses.

You might wanna have a BJ in a public place too cos you places yo husband's happiness first?

There's no excess, as long as mini me is happy and content.

I'm sure he'll like this grin now you're giving me ideas wink
Re: Is It Proper To Breastfeed A Baby In Public? by Nobody: 12:27pm On Sep 22, 2013
Dallas Cowgirl:

There's no excess, as long as mini me is happy and content.

I'm sure he'll like this grin now you're giving me ideas wink

You Just quenched my doubts!

Yo are a 21st century flying witch that is clamped to her ideas, having the likes of Ms Chima and Idowu buy those same ideas and making the world an uncomfortable sight seeing ground tongue

(1) (2) (Reply)

Before And After Marriage / Question ------ Bride Price In Obowo ( Imo State) / Unilorin RCF Auto Crash Accident Killed My Sister Oyeyode Oluwabunmi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.