Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,983 members, 7,806,870 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:33 AM

Message From ASUU President - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Message From ASUU President (36533 Views)

Festus Iyayi Is Dead (Ex-ASUU President) / Students Dont Want ASUU Strike To End - ASUU President / We Wont Call Off Strike Until Our Demands Are Met - ASUU President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Message From ASUU President by liyalla(m): 11:33pm On Sep 22, 2013
If dis truly was a message from d ass-hole' boss den its clear d interest of d students is clearly ruled out. Mak onah try, just pray I dnt change my mind to join my brothers in d creek and bring d war to ur door steps. Assholes
Re: Message From ASUU President by opylas(m): 11:35pm On Sep 22, 2013
Extom: No matter how hard it is to say, I must say that we are happy for what you're doing. We are a selected few, but we know that whatever cause you're fighting for, it is for the betterment of our educational system, and something that will be worth it in the long run.
For those of you bent on him calling it off, you better wake up and smell the coffee, because the rate of deterioration of our schooling system is repulsive and repugnant and unless there is a revamp in the system, your Bsc might just look like an O'level, internationally . And by the way, he's not asking for pay rise or whatever, but an implementation of a four-year agreement.

U talk lyk u knw, bt bros u nor knw o. One uni's ASUU chairman was interviewd wks bak, e sed all d membas r ready 2 fyt 2 d finsh, evn if it mins 4 dem 2 use dia cars as kabu-kabu. Most of us students knw beta -most of dem r lecturin in pv8 uniz now, odas stil lecture 4 pay in dia uniz, abi dem tel u say UABS stop?
C, any student who thinks ASUU's fytin 4 d sector alone shld think again, evn wen d demands r met thr wld stil b misappropriations (e sure me die). ASUU/FG matta is jst a case of two thieves tryn 2 outsmart each oda & na we dey suffer; how much of d stuff we crammed b4 June30th do we stil rem? Sum don 4gt dia matric numba sef. Itz vry true, wot u sed abt our 'valued' B.Techs, B.Eng's & B.Sc's, itz also true d@ d sector nids renovation & d FG has nt bn helping bt we nid 2 get facts ryt first, solutions r easily tot of afterwards. GodBlessNigeria
Re: Message From ASUU President by adebayosun02: 11:40pm On Sep 22, 2013
Both ASUU & FG r neither a SAINT

2 Likes

Re: Message From ASUU President by opylas(m): 11:42pm On Sep 22, 2013
tbagjames:
Ayam? Biologists will call this economic importance of strike.

Very true, datz wot we'd call it kiss
tbagjames:
Ayam? Biologists will call this economic importance of strike.

Very true, datz wot we'd call it
Re: Message From ASUU President by Dospix(m): 11:43pm On Sep 22, 2013
Extom: No matter how hard it is to say, I must say that we are happy for what you're doing. We are a selected few, but we know that whatever cause you're fighting for, it is for the betterment of our educational system, and something that will be worth it in the long run.
For those of you bent on him calling it off, you better wake up and smell the coffee, because the rate of deterioration of our schooling system is repulsive and repugnant and unless there is a revamp in the system, your Bsc might just look like an O'level, internationally . And by the way, he's not asking for pay rise or whatever, but an implementation of a four-year agreement.
Ir obvious you don't know what to say. Even if the government implements the full agreement, a more greater challenge lies in the attitude of the lectures.

1 Like

Re: Message From ASUU President by Nobody: 12:36am On Sep 23, 2013
abbeycial: hunger go show una pepper. greedy lazy scums. u harass our female students nd even male students,offer us half baked lectures without concern for stipulated time frame,live lyk kings on ur salaries but fail to justify same salary and yet u cry foul just to earn more.

God dey.
This is an undiluted truth. They fucck students for grades and also teach nonsense in classes. I wish students will just revolt against those foools called ASUU undecided

2 Likes

Re: Message From ASUU President by goist(m): 12:42am On Sep 23, 2013
Abeg joor if una like make d strike reach 4yrs. I don get job wey D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ put Ǧ☺☺ϑ food for M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ table without degree...end time tins sha!!
Re: Message From ASUU President by killlie(m): 12:51am On Sep 23, 2013
If ASUU shuld call off d strike without FG meeting their demands,it would be more dangerous than 2 play wit an hungry lion. The essence of dis strike is to correct some bad things in our institutions. Some wars ar not won when we stil hav our clothes on;dis must b a fight 2 d finish! Pro-FG shuld look at d alternative if ASUU do nothing abt d sorry state of Nigerian universities. I pity d coming generation in advance!

2 Likes

Re: Message From ASUU President by divads(m): 1:00am On Sep 23, 2013
Rhemar: I really don't blame ASUU, why should the govt. sign an agreement they are not ready to implement or were they unconscious when they signed it?
hmm... d Govt promised them, xo dat de culd go bak to work,....are u a dad?? itz just lyk a kid axin hz dad to buy hm a real airplane... A gud dad wil sure promise hm just to make him happy Atm (whch d fg didgringringrin)... Den after lyk 4yrz d kid wil strike wt hz dad 4 nat keeping to hz promise Its obvious d kid will suffer it, nd its obvious we'll suffer it.., #i mean we're already suffern it!!

1 Like

Re: Message From ASUU President by divads(m): 1:17am On Sep 23, 2013
Wittywizard:
look @ nigerian student ranting for 1st to comment... How much were u infiltrated syccophants paid afta bin d 1st to comment.. Click LIKE for these fools
hmmm, bro do you know there is something called "Freedom of Speech"?? Plz this is a free world and a thread where people are allowed to air there personal views... We musn't see things the way others do, that's wat makes us different, and i beg to differ, i like there way, coz its no need worrying over things u cant control, or can u Can ur seriousness in this thread change the mind of the rivals??

Smh,..pipl'll just be giving dmslfz headache! Mayb coz panadol z cheap...
Re: Message From ASUU President by Femistico(m): 1:22am On Sep 23, 2013
This Dr.faggie is a stupid man, see as he dey speak English as if he fit withstand obahiagbon. well ma point is dat are u saving d university system 2ru d allowance u re agitating for, cuz 100billion has been dropped by fg. The 82billion u re agitating for is it for d betterment nd solid dev.of d univ.or ur allowance...u should ave told Nigerians dat u went on strike bcuz of ur allowance instead of hiding under d mask of solid foundation of univ.system..
Re: Message From ASUU President by BonnyDominic: 2:27am On Sep 23, 2013
D plight of d students are not even considered in his speech, i am not surprised he refused to reply and cooperate with the NANS president.
Re: Message From ASUU President by Memyselfu2009(m): 2:28am On Sep 23, 2013
During the military regime stuff like this don't happen abi u want to die so much for democracy making groups not scared of govt anymore
Re: Message From ASUU President by Mikebis(m): 3:31am On Sep 23, 2013
#hands cross#
Re: Message From ASUU President by engrfcuksmtin(m): 3:33am On Sep 23, 2013
abbeycial: hunger go show una pepper. greedy lazy scums. u harass our female students nd even male students,offer us half baked lectures without concern for stipulated time frame,live lyk kings on ur salaries but fail to justify same salary and yet u cry foul just to earn more.

God dey.
Product of a broken condom angry
Re: Message From ASUU President by engrfcuksmtin(m): 3:36am On Sep 23, 2013
Idi Amin: This is an undiluted truth. They fucck students for grades and also teach nonsense in classes. I wish students will just revolt against those foools called ASUU undecided
You mean over 100, 000 lecturers in Nigeria all fucck students for grades? Is there any profession without bad eggs? You people are not being fair at all and probably disillusioned.
Re: Message From ASUU President by Gistben: 4:22am On Sep 23, 2013
Nonso23:

An important matter is being discussed and you guys are here "dragging who be first to comment"
REALLY!!!!

REALLYYY!!!!!!!
angry
mr knw all, wat den is ur contribution?
Re: Message From ASUU President by digospel2: 4:30am On Sep 23, 2013
ASUU should also give clear figures of income & expenditure of all public universities to justify thei demand.
We know they receive subvention from govt., make money through sandwich programmes,, consultancy programmes, distance learning,, receive donation from local & int'l organizations, individuals etc.
Re: Message From ASUU President by Nobody: 5:28am On Sep 23, 2013
Angels! Blow trumpet make everything kuku end jare.
Re: Message From ASUU President by einsteino(m): 5:33am On Sep 23, 2013
All those saying they r in support of the strike r just naive! I graduated last year and am serving now, thanks to almighty God and UNN for always pulling out of ASUU strike when ever it exceeds a month.

I want to ask you all a few questions.
1. Is there any year that goes by without an ASUU strike?

2. If your answer is no, have any of the past ASUU strike made our universities better?

3. Are you aware that all federal universities are tution free?(if u doubt it check ur sch fees brk down, u will find tution is zero naira, its other rubbish like ICT that we never see and dev fee that u r paying for). Meaning the F.G is giving free education but yet in UNN we pay as much as 45k. How come the universities claim to be under funded when we know they dont remit a kobo to the F.G, multiply 45k by 60,000 students from full time degree programme alone. yet the F.G pays the salaries of lecturers.

4. Are the striking lecturers holier than the govt they criticise? Do they treat their students any better than the govt treats them[lecturers]?
Aren't they the same lecturers who Bleep our gals for grades, fail the boys for not bribing? and give final yr students their phd projects to work on, publish it without giving credits to the student. Is that not plagiarism?

5. Where they[lecturers] forced to their employment? Were they not the ones who voluntarily wrote "i beg to apply..."? And were they ignorant of the system they were to work in? If they r tired, they should all resign and stop delaying the destinies of the students!

6. What is the profession of President jonathan? Is he not a lecturer @ Uniport? And doesnt that make him a[former] member of ASUU? Hence if one of their own isn't allowing them to "share" in the national cake, why must students be the ones to suffer for it?

Our educational system is rotten, that i do not argue. but then again if it were not, most of these so-called professors would never have gotten a phd! we all know how they buy their m.sc, talk more of phd. charity begins at home. ASUU if u r serious abt our educational system, start the clean up from yourselves. Students have demands too!

1 Like

Re: Message From ASUU President by otss(m): 5:33am On Sep 23, 2013
ASUU shouldn't call the strike off. many are traveling abroad to study y our own system rotten, unreliable after four years, in a state of shamble, coma and mirage. you folk are clamouring for resumption becoz you are in final yrs? We were in final yr bt now nko. Nigeria and her future is important than your fina yr. You better be patriotic and wise about ASUU saga and their swagger, many of you fellers we bcome lecturers later and you are made then, with everything in place, asap.
Re: Message From ASUU President by ChrisGnarly: 5:47am On Sep 23, 2013
am blaming d so called NANS (stupid group) f all these mess in our public uni, ASUU fight f their own selfish interest while student sofer it all. if i were fed gov, i will sack dem all and emply new lecrurers, i blv that we ve beter pple that will ocupy n do even beter than d present ASUU. i miss OBJ f dis kind of thing only
Re: Message From ASUU President by Nobody: 6:16am On Sep 23, 2013
Babiloko: m dyin at home....ASUU HELP!

Babe, why not be coming to my bedroom for lectures instead of dying at home? I could be handling important courses with u bedmatically. grin Pm me
Re: Message From ASUU President by leoebhos(m): 6:27am On Sep 23, 2013

You are just one useless fool if u are happy over this ok
Re: Message From ASUU President by ifemiide: 6:35am On Sep 23, 2013
Let us stop to blame ASUU.
a government that couldnt implement a FOUR YEARS OLD agreement That he willingly signed is far from being called a responsible government
Re: Message From ASUU President by Sodiq3(m): 6:40am On Sep 23, 2013
SUMMARY-STRIKE CONTINUES..
Re: Message From ASUU President by stanuplane(m): 6:41am On Sep 23, 2013
we re fully behind assu. untill u travel outside Nigeria and see the disdain with which Nigerian results re viewed and scrutinized. then u ll see the point the assu boss is trying to make. if assu is to back down now without getting what they want, then any future strike action by them will be considered useless.
Re: Message From ASUU President by Mannylex(m): 6:52am On Sep 23, 2013
Greedy, one sided old men. Thinking about themselves alone. Smh
Re: Message From ASUU President by donkefe(m): 6:52am On Sep 23, 2013
Abeg ASUU in d name of Jah make una stil try do something b4 i go 4get my mat number.
Re: Message From ASUU President by meccuno: 6:55am On Sep 23, 2013

God dey.
guy cool down....if our leaders or job employers call us half baked graduates and not employable,you will still complain.....why can't we make sacrifices...that is why I WILL never die or fight for Nigeria....Nigerians can never be pleased......give the lecturers what they are demanding and if we are a serious people,we prosecute and lecturer founf wanting......let's look into the future please and stop castigating unnecessarily.....
Re: Message From ASUU President by Maximus17(m): 6:57am On Sep 23, 2013
I know lecturers,HOD's,faculty heads, and even Vice chancellors are on Nairaland and could be reading thru all these post to get the opinion of the Masses. .Now my opinion to ASUU,.Do you know the worst thing that could happen? If eventually Govt agrees to your terms and there is no commensurate effort at uplifting and upgrading the standard to be befitting for student,or we still hear the incessant exploiting of students by selling substandard textbooks @ increased price or tasking your student who you supervise to bring unimaginable amount of money or embarking in white elephant projects which won't yield productive result Or embezzlement of funds after appropriation. Now...my opinion to FG....You should also set your terms and conditions to ASUU for example creating a benchmark like say by 2020,Nigerian universities should be ranking best in africa and at least among the 1st hundred in the world after disbursing the funds needed
Re: Message From ASUU President by meccuno: 7:01am On Sep 23, 2013
Memyselfu2009: During the military regime stuff like this don't happen abi u want to die so much for democracy making groups not scared of govt anymore
are you suggesting we go back to the military era? angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ebonyi State College Of Medicine Under Construction (Photos) / Deji Akinwande Awarded PECASE By Obama / Anambra Student Who Dressed Like Anas Aremeyaw, Masked Journalist, Chased Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.