Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,807 members, 7,802,580 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:42 PM

The Attitude Of Gratitude - Winning Each Day Devotional - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Attitude Of Gratitude - Winning Each Day Devotional (444 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. / Swimming Against The Current - Winning Each Day Devotional / Why You Must Hear From God - Winning Each Day Devotional (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Attitude Of Gratitude - Winning Each Day Devotional by PstWoleSoetan(m): 4:04pm On Sep 22, 2013
WINNING EACH DAY DEVOTIONAL

2Cor 2:14 And thanks be to God who ALWAYS causes us to triumph...

THE ATTITUDE OF GRATITUDE

Sept 22, 2013

Judges 1:2 And the Lord said, “Judah shall go up. Indeed I have delivered the land into his hand.”

When the Israelites needed direction in Judges 1:1, they went to God first which is in itself an act of worship. God instructed that Judah (praise) was to go up first which tells me that in our every endeavour, praise should go up first. When we send praises ahead of us, every land that has been a source of contention in our lives will be delivered into our hands. The land of joblessness, addictions, barrenness. hopelessness, depression, etc will be delivered into our hands and we will return victorious.

The attitude of gratitude is a joyful one as it is impossible to find people who are grateful complaining or in a depressed state all at once. This is because when we pray, our focus is often times on the need but when we praise, our focus turns to God and when our focus changes, the atmosphere around us changes as well. When the atmosphere around us changes as a result of praise, our feelings change - depression, sorrow, sadness, etc become a thing of the past.

Praise is a quickening factor for success. It is a sure way of getting quick results (2 Chron 29:36). Every time we praise God, He reciprocates with His goodness.

Praise is an act of worship by which we acknowledge God's existence and our dependence on Him. Whenever we refuse to thank God for something, we invariably acknowledge someone else or something else for it. What are you acknowledging for all that God has blessed you with? Hard-work? Your connections?

Every time we lift up hands in praise, we surrender all of ourselves to God, we get filled by him, and we become stable physically, emotionally and spiritually.

PRAYER: Every land that has been a source of contention in my life is being delivered into my hands today in Jesus' name!

FURTHER READING: 2 Cho 29:30, Psalm 47:7

(1) (Reply)

Prayer According To Islamic Tenets By Survivor Victims Of Poliomelytis / I.pet Goat II Prophecy / Church Is Not A Show; Finding The True Purpose Of Sunday Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.