Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,031 members, 7,807,055 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:02 AM

ASUU Vows To Continue Strike - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Vows To Continue Strike (32099 Views)

ASUP Resolves To Continue Strike / ASUU Unijos Vows To Continue Strike Despite Presidential Directives / Niger State Polytechnic ASSUP Vows To Continue Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU Vows To Continue Strike by omoike3: 4:38am On Sep 23, 2013
ASUU pls call off this strike. Am tired of staying at home
Re: ASUU Vows To Continue Strike by tontelicious: 4:48am On Sep 23, 2013
It's a pity dat we nigerians have gotten used to d 'let's continue to manage system'. Yeah tis true dat we r suffering cos of dis strike but let's b truthful to ourselves wat kind of Educational system do we have. D bible states dat d latter shall b greater dan d former but it seems like d educational system of our fathers is better dan our time. If ASUU r really fighting for our good den let dem continue until they achieve deir aim cos enuf is enuf. With d amt of money in dis country, our educational system can t be compared to dat of Ghana and we call ourselves d Giant of Africa.
What a Pity!!!!
Re: ASUU Vows To Continue Strike by topas100(m): 5:19am On Sep 23, 2013
The strike should be called off because it is getting too long
Re: ASUU Vows To Continue Strike by einsteino(m): 5:42am On Sep 23, 2013
i think its high time we illegalize strike! because i see selfish interest in every ASUU strike

Our educational system is rotten, that i do not argue. but then again if it were not, most of these so-called professors would never have gotten a phd! we all know how they buy their m.sc, talk more of phd. charity begins at home. ASUU if u r serious abt our educational system, start the clean up from yourselves. Students have demands too!

1 Like

Re: ASUU Vows To Continue Strike by Nobody: 5:55am On Sep 23, 2013
How much is the budgetary allocation to the tertiary institutions in Uganda and Ghana that has made Makarere University and that of Legon to be better than most Nigerian universities?
The bitter truth is that the lecturers, in the spirit of Nigerian 'mentality' killed the university system with maladministration, nepotism, dichotomy, sexual gratification, infiltration of their rank by 'commercial intellectuals' and half-wits. Lecturers are too big to engage their students intellectually, these days. Merit has been sacrificed on the altar of gratification(sexual or monetary).
President Jonathan was their member and he knows what happens in the university system. We were students and we know what happens. There are students ,today, that know what happens.
ASUU became a joke when they started awarding honorary degrees to money bags and political buffoons. ASUU shot itself on the foot when they became as cheap as to award marks to female students for some minutes of pleasure. ASUU became a huge joke when serious- minded intellectuals left the shores of this country to seek better accademic environment in universities abroad. MOST of the lecturers left in the country now are pretended-intellectuals who gravitate towards their percunary and intimate interests while cowering before a bunch of numbskulls and clowns that pass off as political leaders. What we have as members of ASUU ,now, are emergency intellectuals that infest our young minds with amputated intellect and GIGO.
This is why they churn out students that are no better. This is why the little funds at their disposal are frittered in the pursuit of frivolities. This is the reason for the moral decadence pervading the institutions. An Ijaw proverb says that "a fish gets rotten from the head".
Why is the university system in Nigeria shut down and the government is not loosing sleep? ASUU is now on the same pedestal with the NURTW. The government accord NUPENG, NMA, NBA etc recognition while they ignore the ASUU that churned these people out and holds the potential for more.
My point is; ASUU is their own problem. The day ASUU wakes up as lecturers, conduct themselves as teachers and engage people like the role models that they ought to be. Until that day, ASUU shall continue to be a mirror of our society- a society of rot and decay-
God bless Nigeria!

4 Likes

Re: ASUU Vows To Continue Strike by ofisa247(m): 5:58am On Sep 23, 2013
All i see to this issue is that ASUU shouldn't have existed in the first place (although contrary to the freedom of association). As a union, the main/primary aim is to agitate for the well-being and the interest of the members, and other things follow. All things being equal. ASUU is there to fight for the betterment of her members at the expense of the students and other stakeholders in the education sectors (unis). Were le pe won ni??[color=#990000][/color]
Re: ASUU Vows To Continue Strike by eluquenson(m): 6:01am On Sep 23, 2013
Revival! Revival!! Revival!!!

Re: ASUU Vows To Continue Strike by nonxo007(m): 6:34am On Sep 23, 2013
ifeanyi_ja:

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/145204-ASUU-vows-continue-strike-lecturers-blame-nuc-boss-rot-nigerian-universities.html
....yes...i surport ASUU on dis mata, d nuc boss is a cheat, now im a student of one of d private uni's which got its license witdrawn due 2 lack of proper accreditation nd learning enviroment. But afta all d ginger, al dy did waz 2 bribe nuc nd dy got der license bk. Der waz no single inprovement in dat school instead tins got worse. I wuld advise d govt 2 remove d nuc boss. He is not credible....tenx...
ifeanyi_ja:

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/145204-ASUU-vows-continue-strike-lecturers-blame-nuc-boss-rot-nigerian-universities.html
....yes...i surport ASUU on dis mata, d nuc boss is a cheat, now im a student of one of d private uni's which got its license witdrawn due 2 lack of proper accreditation nd learning enviroment. But afta all d ginger, al dy did waz 2 bribe nuc nd dy got der license bk. Der waz no single inprovement in dat school instead tins got worse. I wuld advise d govt 2 remove d nuc boss. He is not credible....tenx...
ifeanyi_ja:

Re: ASUU Vows To Continue Strike by Nobody: 6:38am On Sep 23, 2013
Bad news cry
Re: ASUU Vows To Continue Strike by nonxo007(m): 6:45am On Sep 23, 2013
I surport ASUU on dis, d nuc boss(julius okojie) is not worthy, al he wnts is money. I am a student of one of d uni's wich got it's license withdrawn lst yr due 2 improper accreditation nd poor standard of living of d students. Wen we heard d news we tot finiali a mesiah has cm. But 2 our gr8est surprise waz wn we heard d license has bin gvn bk. Der waz no single chng in d school instead tins got worse. Al dy did waz 2 bribe nuc. D govt shuld rmv dat julius okojie nd tins wuld gt beta...tnx
Re: ASUU Vows To Continue Strike by daprinzz(m): 6:45am On Sep 23, 2013
djeezy: Selfish lots who cannot hearken to the plight of the students. Have they bothered to reflect on the effects and consequences? An idle mind is the devil's workshop. This is a ridicule on our educational sector. The strike is in limbo, thank God my school didn't join them. All hail RSUST.
Bet that's a secondary sch! grin

1 Like

Re: ASUU Vows To Continue Strike by Nobody: 7:02am On Sep 23, 2013
This strike seems a deliberate ploy by both ASUU and government to reduce unemployment by elongating the interval between NYSC batches.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Vows To Continue Strike by ik4life: 7:07am On Sep 23, 2013
How does this ASUU-nuc/okojie politic concern strike which students are made to suffer from the resultant effect
Re: ASUU Vows To Continue Strike by Nobody: 7:18am On Sep 23, 2013
Infact skul for 9ja don tire me,am fed up.Skul no sweet me again,the thing now is to focus on making money.If dem like make the strike continue til 2015,e no concern me again.
Re: ASUU Vows To Continue Strike by bush4ker(m): 7:22am On Sep 23, 2013
I thought this ASUU strike was going to be a short vacation ....but for 3months+.i'm getting married abg
Re: ASUU Vows To Continue Strike by ekazy(m): 7:27am On Sep 23, 2013
adeaugustus: Oneday, power will change hand for good.

NB: Am not referring to APC or whatever their name is.
then wat is d way foward
Re: ASUU Vows To Continue Strike by mrslecturer: 7:38am On Sep 23, 2013
Ogar.monday:
When ur demands have bin met and u people still sell hand outs in the name of text book,lecture 4 times in a semester,threaten prsn wit F,make ursef god and ask of sortin na den una go sabi solidarity....bunch of greedy old men

Even though I am a lecturer I like this comment. After the agreement is met, members of ASUU should be made to sign an undertaken to ensure best practices; effective mechanisms should be put in place for student evaluation of lecturers with dire consequences if the lecturers are found wanting...I can go on and on. The truth is yes government caused the rot in the system but lecturers also played and still play a huge part in the rot. In fact it is 50-50. I am a lecturer and I see and hear what my colleagues do to students to make extra buck so I am not talking out of context.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Vows To Continue Strike by emmasege: 8:21am On Sep 23, 2013
Jonathan was never an ASUU member. the last time i ckecked, he only lectured at a college of education (Rivers state).
utumunta: How much is the budgetary allocation to the tertiary institutions in Uganda and Ghana that has made Makarere University and that of Legon to be better than most Nigerian universities?
The bitter truth is that the lecturers, in the spirit of Nigerian 'mentality' killed the university system with maladministration, nepotism, dichotomy, sexual gratification, infiltration of their rank by 'commercial intellectuals' and half-wits. Lecturers are too big to engage their students intellectually, these days. Merit has been sacrificed on the altar of gratification(sexual or monetary).
President Jonathan was their member and he knows what happens in the university system. We were students and we know what happens. There are students ,today, that know what happens.
ASUU became a joke when they started awarding honorary degrees to money bags and political buffoons. ASUU shot itself on the foot when they became as cheap as to award marks to female students for some minutes of pleasure. ASUU became a huge joke when serious- minded intellectuals left the shores of this country to seek better accademic environment in universities abroad. MOST of the lecturers left in the country now are pretended-intellectuals who gravitate towards their percunary and intimate interests while cowering before a bunch of numbskulls and clowns that pass off as political leaders. What we have as members of ASUU ,now, are emergency intellectuals that infest our young minds with amputated intellect and GIGO.
This is why they churn out students that are no better. This is why the little funds at their disposal are frittered in the pursuit of frivolities. This is the reason for the moral decadence pervading the institutions. An Ijaw proverb says that "a fish gets rotten from the head".
Why is the university system in Nigeria shut down and the government is not loosing sleep? ASUU is now on the same pedestal with the NURTW. The government accord NUPENG, NMA, NBA etc recognition while they ignore the ASUU that churned these people out and holds the potential for more.
My point is; ASUU is their own problem. The day ASUU wakes up as lecturers, conduct themselves as teachers and engage people like the role models that they ought to be. Until that day, ASUU shall continue to be a mirror of our society- a society of rot and decay-
God bless Nigeria!
Re: ASUU Vows To Continue Strike by emmasege: 8:35am On Sep 23, 2013
ASUU should call off this strike in the overall interest of the Nigerian students, majority of whom can not afford private or overseas univs. this action if prolonged can only promote private univs the more because a lot of parents already see public univs as a time-wasting environment.
You can not separate stability in academic calendar from academic excellence and this plays a crucial role in the rating of universities. I have been to Makerere University and am surprised that it is highly rated above any Nigerian university in spite of the fact that it is far less beautiful than OAU or ABU and Uganda is not even as rich as Naija. So, it's not all about money PLEASE ASUU.
Re: ASUU Vows To Continue Strike by Rasheed02(m): 8:43am On Sep 23, 2013
eyoniggar:

It cnt be signs of end time, because one fact of yours is wrong, Barca didnt have a lesser ball possession to any team by 48%. OPURO.!! grin
Hey marc,didn't u watch Rayo vallecano vs Barcelona? U got astigmatism? Barca were possessed but rayo vallecano squandered chances,they could av won d match or at worst get a point.
Re: ASUU Vows To Continue Strike by dekins: 9:07am On Sep 23, 2013
I.N.F.A.C.T = I don tire for all these FG n ASUU stories.
Re: ASUU Vows To Continue Strike by kflexxy(m): 9:08am On Sep 23, 2013
They should do whatever it takes to make FG settle their claims..so be it
Re: ASUU Vows To Continue Strike by MrMac10(m): 9:19am On Sep 23, 2013
Greedy OLd Fuckers ASUU Keep striking until u breal Cristiano Ronaldo record for Real Madrid
Re: ASUU Vows To Continue Strike by kunletoks(m): 9:22am On Sep 23, 2013
I can't read all this, its too much.
Re: ASUU Vows To Continue Strike by Nobody: 9:35am On Sep 23, 2013
Hmmm...oga o
Re: ASUU Vows To Continue Strike by LLVelly: 9:36am On Sep 23, 2013
4k ASUU,
wit all diz highrate of skul fees, my only regret iz dat i shud've gradge by now. Nevertheless,diz strike iz a blessin & a curse.
I'm njoyin d strike coz i'm gettin' money.
4k ASUU again
Re: ASUU Vows To Continue Strike by Julley(f): 9:42am On Sep 23, 2013
mtchew, make dem continue nw. i don taya 2 dey hope nd pray
Re: ASUU Vows To Continue Strike by lastkeyd(m): 9:51am On Sep 23, 2013
is very to much 4 them since past three month god wil let see end of d strike
Re: ASUU Vows To Continue Strike by Zumarocket(f): 9:55am On Sep 23, 2013
me too i vow to ramin at hme. Lets see who go tire. Enough is a enough....work things on point.. Cary my tools box of to work joor
Re: ASUU Vows To Continue Strike by Hamazz1: 9:57am On Sep 23, 2013
Its obvious they don't care abt us wasn't it this same administration that signed d 09 mou.y is this non challant. Govt behaving as though assu demands r new.how can a bunch of thieves like the nass consume 2tr in 5yr gej n sambo have a combined meal ticket of about 4Bln n there won't. B 4hbn to give to assu.I realy don't think that Nigeria can survive the next 6yrs with this administration.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sylvester Oromoni Was Told To Describe His Sister’s Private Part - Father / Sex For Grades . Share Your Experience!!! / NUC Bans Re-sit Exams In Universities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.