Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,162 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:57 AM

Can This Be An Issue In Marriage? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can This Be An Issue In Marriage? (3252 Views)

Is Size An Issue In Love? / Do You Consider Height A Major Issue In Choosing A Partner? / Is Age Barrier An Issue In Marital Relationship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can This Be An Issue In Marriage? by ynk007: 5:07pm On Sep 23, 2013
I'm an old school guy, I believe in traditional values. If you won't take my last name then go back to your father's house. SIMPLES!

4 Likes

Re: Can This Be An Issue In Marriage? by eyenCalabar(m): 6:40pm On Sep 23, 2013
ynk007: I'm an old school guy, I believe in traditional values. If you won't take my last name then go back to your father's house. SIMPLES!

The problem is that most men stoop so low for them. I can't imagine a woman coming up with such sh!t to me. Most of them have this feeling of "if you really love me, you'll let me/us do this or that". And this has been responsible for so many marriage failures because at a point the man won't be able to continue bearing with her and then violence start. A friend actually wanted trying something similar by telling me that she has no problem with my church but then she won't follow me to it when we get married rather she would still be going to her church. I refused her proposal and she threatens quitting the relationship and I said so be it. I ended it. Men should NOT allow these treacherous species of human detect for them. It's very wrong for men to allow something that was created out of them to be bigger than them.

2 Likes

Re: Can This Be An Issue In Marriage? by Exponental(m): 6:51pm On Sep 23, 2013
Rubbish! why is dis coming up when d wedding preparation is on. If it was during courtship, they would av resolved it earlier. An adamant woman will be tough to manage.
Re: Can This Be An Issue In Marriage? by Nobody: 6:54pm On Sep 23, 2013
If you can't accept your husband's name,why don't you remain in your father's house?

3 Likes

Re: Can This Be An Issue In Marriage? by krystal101(f): 7:27pm On Sep 23, 2013
Nigerian women don't even copy the right things! Women who add their father's name to their hubby's name are celebrities, well known ones for that matter. These days +those wey no no d meaning of celebrity sef dey follow copy the trend

byvan: If you can't accept your husband's name,why don't you remain in your father's house?

2 Likes

Re: Can This Be An Issue In Marriage? by Nobody: 7:47pm On Sep 23, 2013
@Krystal, no mind them,they find it difficult to emulate anything useful,if you love a man enough to want to be his family,what's the biggie about adopting his name?

2 Likes

Re: Can This Be An Issue In Marriage? by DukeNija(m): 8:00pm On Sep 23, 2013
lorretta u: Lol.I forgot it's you.just one minute I checked d handle,and I remembered you.
Why are always so bitter? cheesy grin

Lmao @self acclaimed husband.
Don't worry I'll reserve a place for you as a servant boy in my wedding.you'll be picking rose petals and throwing at my feet.
just hang on buddy
And together with my first daughter we'll be reading your thread on NL about how u can't find any good woman to marry at the age of 60+

Of course it's a peaceful thread as long as women are being put down.

All these low self esteem dudes self.think that belittling women is the only way to show your manhood.if you're man enough,your manhood won't need advertising.
I'm done wasting my time replying you.
Save ur MB
I'm off d thread..

Young woman, you better get off your high horse; and get a Life and some respect while at it.

2 Likes

Re: Can This Be An Issue In Marriage? by bimbos3xy(f): 8:21pm On Sep 23, 2013
its usual to answer your husband name when you marry so refusing to do so is not a good sign.

3 Likes

Re: Can This Be An Issue In Marriage? by switdil(f): 8:31pm On Sep 23, 2013
This is pure rubbish
What is d point of been married n still be answering ur fathers name
When a lady agree to MARRY a guy
It means that she is ready to forego somethings including her fathers name
I c as lack of respect for the guy cos if u truly n really love ur husband, u ll want to be part of him n the best way to patray that is by answering his name
Imagin u answering ur fathers name n still put MRS
It look as if u r ur fathers wife undecided

5 Likes

Re: Can This Be An Issue In Marriage? by kay9(m): 9:18pm On Sep 23, 2013
ejiykzazi2007: I just dey laf for dia name... Esther Akamuoku. lol...

Oboy, i think say na only me see am o, lolzzz... When u add the man's name, it becomes ''Onyeganu-Akamuoku''! (literally who will marry hot akamu?) grin grin
Re: Can This Be An Issue In Marriage? by Nobody: 9:53pm On Sep 23, 2013
switdil: This is pure rubbish
What is d point of been married n still be answering ur fathers name
When a lady agree to MARRY a guy
It means that she is ready to forego somethings including her fathers name
I c as lack of respect for the guy cos if u truly n really love ur husband, u ll want to be part of him n the best way to patray that is by answering his name
Imagin u answering ur fathers name n still put MRS
It look as if u r ur fathers wife undecided
God bless you and your home for your honesty.
Re: Can This Be An Issue In Marriage? by bknight: 10:42pm On Sep 23, 2013
Someone wondered why african men make big deal outta 'nothing' & I couldn't help but laugh out so loud and wonder why african women make big deal outta marriage. Why do african women & kinsmen make a big deal outta bride price?

@ switdil, bimbos3xy, byvan &krystal101: for ur responses, here's wishing u the very best of things.

1 Like

Re: Can This Be An Issue In Marriage? by Chomzy19(f): 10:46pm On Sep 23, 2013
slimmy05: ^^^^ grin God bless you @bknight. You just spoke my mind exactly. You can't eat your cake and still have it. grin
Some people and their silly Analogy, how does joining ur father n husband's surname amount to eating ur cake n having it? Is it d change of name that is important to U Or the woman u re marrying? I can't imagine beginning to use a totally new surname, its simply easier to add a hyphen.
Re: Can This Be An Issue In Marriage? by chupcake(m): 11:15pm On Sep 23, 2013
Nonso23: As far as my kids bear my surname only I have no problem with that..... undecided

Confirm... And yes, me too gbadun the grammar..
Re: Can This Be An Issue In Marriage? by Nobody: 11:23pm On Sep 23, 2013
Chomzy19: Some people and their silly Analogy, how does joining ur father n husband's surname amount to eating ur cake n having it? Is it d change of name that is important to U Or the woman u re marrying? I can't imagine beginning to use a totally new surname, its simply easier to add a hyphen.
But you'll get used a hyphenated name, you're just a drunk low self esteem silly rat. You'll age in your fathers house and you'll be thrown out to a 60 year old man.grin

3 Likes

Re: Can This Be An Issue In Marriage? by Chomzy19(f): 11:46pm On Sep 23, 2013
slimmy05: But you'll get used a hyphenated name, you're just a drunk low self esteem silly rat. You'll age in your fathers house and you'll be thrown out to a 60 year old man.grin
Nxt time stick to d Topic n do not quote me again until u are mature enuf to do that

1 Like

Re: Can This Be An Issue In Marriage? by Nobody: 12:14am On Sep 24, 2013
Chomzy19: Nxt time stick to d Topic n do not quote me again until u are mature enuf to do that
and never quote me untill you've had your brain re-examined. Old layer grin

4 Likes

Re: Can This Be An Issue In Marriage? by nelklyn(m): 3:02am On Sep 24, 2013
ynk007: I'm an old school guy, I believe in traditional values. If you won't take my last name then go back to your father's house. SIMPLES!
Seconded
Re: Can This Be An Issue In Marriage? by Owobobrown(m): 3:25am On Sep 24, 2013
naija woman And there copy and paste attitude,even Beyonce there feminist when she got married to jayz, she changed her name to Carter
Re: Can This Be An Issue In Marriage? by Princesszoe: 8:44am On Sep 24, 2013
There is nothing wrong in a lady answering her father's name along side her husband's name and there is nothing wrong in a man wanting his wife to bear his surname alone. The two in question are not compatible. They are very adamant and arrogant. They don't have any sense of tolerance and sacrifice. The man does not want to yield neither does the wife want to yield. If they can seriously go into strife due to mere surname issue, how much damage will they do when the real waves come knocking after their wedding? They should seperate and look for the partners that will tolerate their selfish and stubborn characters respectively.

1 Like

Re: Can This Be An Issue In Marriage? by Preceedo(m): 5:04pm On Sep 24, 2013
lorretta u: Lol.I forgot it's you.just one minute I checked d handle,and I remembered you.
Why are always so bitter? cheesy grin

Lmao @self acclaimed husband.
Don't worry I'll reserve a place for you as a servant boy in my wedding.you'll be picking rose petals and throwing at my feet.
just hang on buddy
And together with my first daughter we'll be reading your thread on NL about how u can't find any good woman to marry at the age of 60+

Of course it's a peaceful thread as long as women are being put down.

All these low self esteem dudes self.think that belittling women is the only way to show your manhood.if you're man enough,your manhood won't need advertising.
I'm done wasting my time replying you.
Save ur MB
I'm off d thread..
i pity that man wey wan marry you. what an unfortunate being. Considering how u talk you lack home tra*n**g. (dont take it too personal. It's just an observation) grin

2 Likes

Re: Can This Be An Issue In Marriage? by Nobody: 5:55pm On Sep 24, 2013
My man's unfortunate?
I can take you insulting me
I might smile about it even

But insulting my man?
hey u just crossed a line azzhole

With your home training that your irresponsible mother gave you,you didn't learn where to draw the line?

Where in the world do you get off to calling my man unfortunate?u pity him? How dare you? Wretched being like you.how about you do something for miserable self before u go off pitying those better than you!
Preceedo: i pity that man wey wan marry you. what an unfortunate being. Considering how u talk you lack home tra*n**g. (dont take it too personal. It's just an observation) grin
Re: Can This Be An Issue In Marriage? by Nobody: 6:01pm On Sep 24, 2013
Duke_Nija:
Young woman, you better get off your high horse; and get a Life and some respect while at it.
and you mind your business
I didn't quote you.
Ididnt tell ur wife to bear her father' s name
Infact I've no business with you.
Save ur lectures for those who need it
Re: Can This Be An Issue In Marriage? by Nobody: 7:28pm On Sep 24, 2013
@loretta.. I see u bear the same last name with me, and u r beautiful too. But first, be a lady and stop fighting with people!
Re: Can This Be An Issue In Marriage? by Nobody: 8:03pm On Sep 24, 2013
eyenCalabar: She should understand that the thing is like a change of ownership

Hahahaa...now that cracked me up cheesy cheesy.

Are you serious?

@ Topic

This is a non issue, but my kids bear my surname. Non negotiable.
Re: Can This Be An Issue In Marriage? by jntyjnty007(f): 10:44pm On Sep 24, 2013
I have both, his last name and mine. My family name is my history, and I am not going to let go of that no matter what. I will not let culture dictate to me when it comes to my name. My husband also has my last name, it works both ways. grin
Re: Can This Be An Issue In Marriage? by hariorh: 9:06am On Sep 26, 2013
lorretta u: my hubby isn't complaining.
So I suggest you go hug the nearest transformer.
If his calling his marriage a change of ownership and that doesn't sound rude to you,then I don't know why mine should sound rude to you.

All these men with complex looking down their noses at women.you deserve whatever you get.cos I won't be rude to a normal self respecting man.
See your mouth.I lost my sense of respect but you're the one who has his sense intact abi?seeing you wife as a property you own is part of respect ba?u think u deserve respect?
No just provoke me

If I tell u what I really want to right now,you'll regret opening this thread!actually in the bible,it states "a man shall leave his parents and cleave to His wife." That's d exact way it is stated in d bible.get that right.before u start tooting horn as if na u sabi bible pass.

Really?

How come the man pays the bride-price? shocked

If its to cleave to the wife, then how come the man doesn't live in a house owned by the wife?

You can bear any name u wanna bear o. Ma kids must bear my surname.

Shikena!
grin
Re: Can This Be An Issue In Marriage? by canDy4eva(f): 2:35pm On Oct 08, 2015
ITbomb:
A woman shall leave his father and mother. . . ., that includes leaving ' father's name'.
Problems and question like this arises when people neglect the word of God in their marriage and life
"a woman shall leave" Is dat wot ur bible sayz

(1) (2) (Reply)

They Say I'm Troll But Be Secretly Crushing And Sending Me Pms Smh(scrnshot) / Is Anything Wrong going oral during sex With Your Wife/husband? / Advice For The Guys: Why You Should Never Sleep With Your Girlfriend Without A C

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.