Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,141 members, 7,807,458 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:49 PM

Manchester United Vs Liverpool Capital One Cup (1 - 0) On 25th September 2013 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Vs Liverpool Capital One Cup (1 - 0) On 25th September 2013 (17225 Views)

Chelsea Vs Liverpool: Capital One Cup (1 - 0) On 27th January 2015 / MK Dons Vs Manchester United: Capital One Cup (4 - 0) On 26th August 2014 / Arsenal Vs West Brom [2 - 3] On Saturday 25th September 2010 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Manchester United Vs Liverpool Capital One Cup (1 - 0) On 25th September 2013 by luvola(m): 1:54am On Sep 23, 2013
Manchester United will host bitter rivals Liverpool at Old Trafford in Round 3 of the Capital One Cup on Wednesday, September 25.

United and Liverpool are coming off agonizing defeats to Manchester City and Southampton, respectively, with both clubs desperate to redeem themselves in midweek.

Speaking ahead of Sunday’s Manchester derby, Wayne Rooney told reporters: “City have had their success recently, but I would probably say that United and Liverpool is still the biggest game.

“They’re all big games, but obviously United and Liverpool has been a massive game over the years. I’d say it’s still the biggest game.”

After a 4-1 defeat at the Etihad Stadium, Rooney and co. must bounce back in a big way against the Merseysiders on Wednesday.

Team News

For Liverpool, Luis Suárez is availabe for selection after serving a 10-match ban for biting Chelsea defender Branislav Ivanovic last season, while Brazilian playmaker Philippe Coutinho has been ruled out for at least a month with a shoulder injury.

On the other side of the touchline, Phil Jones (ankle) and Rafael da Silva (hamstring) could return for the hosts. Star man Robin van Persie is doubtful due to a groin strain that kept him out of the derby match against City on Sunday.

Manager Quotes

When asked if he would start Luis Suárez at Old Trafford, Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers said: “It will be something to consider. I won’t say [strikers] miss it more, but they miss it in a different way. Suarez loves the game and if he doesn’t play the game, it kills him.

“The integral part of it all is the game. That’s what he is. And if you put him in that environment where he’s smelling the smelling salts and the changing room, it can be counterproductive, so we’re going to keep him out of the way.”

Luis Suárez is 6/1 to score first on Wednesday night.

Match Facts

United are 6-1-3 in their last 10 matches against Liverpool in all competitions, including a 1-0 defeat to the Merseysiders at Anfield earlier this month.

Daniel Sturridge has scored three goals in his last four appearances against Manchester United. Subsequently, the England international is 11/4 to score anytime against the Red Devils in midweek.

Mexico international striker Javier “El Chicharito” Hernández has bagged two goals and one assist in five League Cup appearances for United since the start of 2010/11.

culled from : http://www.soccernews.com/capital-one-cup-preview-manchester-united-v-liverpool/128366/

source : http://www.nairacity..com/2013/09/manchester-united-vs-liverpool-on.html

Re: Manchester United Vs Liverpool Capital One Cup (1 - 0) On 25th September 2013 by luvola(m): 4:45pm On Sep 23, 2013
manchester united's woes will be compounded with the incoming of luiz suarez who will wreck havoc on the porus defence of the red devils.. Coutinho injury is a major blow and liverpoll might pay for it considering his role in the distribution of passes in the mid - field.. I remail a liverpool fan till arsenal lift the uefa chapions league.
Re: Manchester United Vs Liverpool Capital One Cup (1 - 0) On 25th September 2013 by MaziOmenuko: 7:05pm On Sep 23, 2013
Mehn! After the embarrassment my noisy neighbors, Mancity gave me this weekend, it will be hard to drop positive comments about united.
All the same, I've got my fingers crossed.
Re: Manchester United Vs Liverpool Capital One Cup (1 - 0) On 25th September 2013 by JMOI: 12:16am On Sep 24, 2013
Manchester United's performance so far this season

...The 2012-13 EPL season also saw the retirement of the world’s longest-serving club manager, Sir Alex Ferguson, from Manchester United after winning the 13th league title in his 27-year stint at the Old Trafford outfit. Before leaving, though, he handpicked his successor at the club and it was his long-time friend and protegee, Everton’s David Moyes.

Five games into the campaign (and on the back of a desperately poor preseason), Moyes’ United has looked like a toothless, spineless version of Ferguson’s United. It’s basically the same team with the same players as the one that was handed over to him by Sir Alex, but his approach is slightly different from that of his predecessor. But he has so far failed to convince us that it is the best possible approach for the club.

United’s topsy-turvy performance this season culminated in last Saturday’s 4-1 humiliation at the hands of bitter rivals and noisy neighbours, Manchester City. Getting past City (and Chelsea) has become such an onerous task for Man Utd. in recent seasons and it goes to show just how far they’ve fallen back behind those rivals in terms of quality. The only saving grace for them is that they’ve been able to do the job against weaker opponents – an area where their rivals have often failed.

If Manchester United should harbour any hope of successfully defending their league title this season, they have no option, but to improve their record against Chelsea and Manchester City.

http://observerreports.com/2013/09/5-matches-into-the-2013-14-english-premier-league-the-big-four-so-far/
Re: Manchester United Vs Liverpool Capital One Cup (1 - 0) On 25th September 2013 by Nobody: 9:38am On Sep 24, 2013
let the team that plays better football win. up blues
Re: Manchester United Vs Liverpool Capital One Cup (1 - 0) On 25th September 2013 by Brimmie(m): 1:11pm On Sep 24, 2013
Space Booked By Suarez!

#TeamLFC

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Vs Liverpool Capital One Cup (1 - 0) On 25th September 2013 by Logbayi: 11:17pm On Sep 24, 2013
Man Utd is winning this one
Re: Manchester United Vs Liverpool Capital One Cup (1 - 0) On 25th September 2013 by luvola(m): 6:54am On Sep 25, 2013
JMOI: Manchester United's performance so far this season

...The 2012-13 EPL season also saw the retirement of the world’s longest-serving club manager, Sir Alex Ferguson, from Manchester United after winning the 13th league title in his 27-year stint at the Old Trafford outfit. Before leaving, though, he handpicked his successor at the club and it was his long-time friend and protegee, Everton’s David Moyes.

Five games into the campaign (and on the back of a desperately poor preseason), Moyes’ United has looked like a toothless, spineless version of Ferguson’s United. It’s basically the same team with the same players as the one that was handed over to him by Sir Alex, but his approach is slightly different from that of his predecessor. But he has so far failed to convince us that it is the best possible approach for the club.

United’s topsy-turvy performance this season culminated in last Saturday’s 4-1 humiliation at the hands of bitter rivals and noisy neighbours, Manchester City. Getting past City (and Chelsea) has become such an onerous task for Man Utd. in recent seasons and it goes to show just how far they’ve fallen back behind those rivals in terms of quality. The only saving grace for them is that they’ve been able to do the job against weaker opponents – an area where their rivals have often failed.

If Manchester United should harbour any hope of successfully defending their league title this season, they have no option, but to improve their record against Chelsea and Manchester City.

http://observerreports.com/2013/09/5-matches-into-the-2013-14-english-premier-league-the-big-four-so-far/
copy and pasting , mod do your job
Re: Manchester United Vs Liverpool Capital One Cup (1 - 0) On 25th September 2013 by delikay4luv: 7:52am On Sep 25, 2013
Moyes should start Nani, kagawa and Hernandez

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Vs Liverpool Capital One Cup (1 - 0) On 25th September 2013 by Okijajuju1(m): 7:57am On Sep 25, 2013
Kops Fear not... KING SUAREZ IS BACK!
Re: Manchester United Vs Liverpool Capital One Cup (1 - 0) On 25th September 2013 by luvola(m): 10:00am On Sep 25, 2013
I wish countinho will play if not for his injury. The trio combination of sturridge , suarez and countinho would have been deadly and would have wrecked havoc on southampton..

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Vs Liverpool Capital One Cup (1 - 0) On 25th September 2013 by luvola(m): 10:06am On Sep 25, 2013
watch out for the trio of liverpool - C.S.S - countinho , sturridge and suarez...
Re: Manchester United Vs Liverpool Capital One Cup (1 - 0) On 25th September 2013 by Brimmie(m): 12:14pm On Sep 25, 2013
Logbayi: Man Utd is winning this one

E Go Shock U! tongue
Re: Manchester United Vs Liverpool Capital One Cup (1 - 0) On 25th September 2013 by kstyle2(m): 12:18pm On Sep 25, 2013
I'v said it on goal.com n nw here, man utd can only win matches wen cleverly,ashley young n welbck r nt on d pitch...these guyz r so fvckin overated...plz play kagawa,chicharito n nani....moyes may jst folo di canio if care is nt taken

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Vs Liverpool Capital One Cup (1 - 0) On 25th September 2013 by Brimmie(m): 12:18pm On Sep 25, 2013
luvola: watch out for the trio of liverpool - C.S.S - countinho , sturridge and suarez...

I Cant Wait To See Ths Combination In October!! cheesy

So Sad Ma Sweet Coutinho Wont Be Part Of Ds Game Tonite! sad
Re: Manchester United Vs Liverpool Capital One Cup (1 - 0) On 25th September 2013 by donem: 12:19pm On Sep 25, 2013
I see Man utd winning this game confortably

MAN UNITED 4EVER AND EVER
Re: Manchester United Vs Liverpool Capital One Cup (1 - 0) On 25th September 2013 by tonididdy(m): 12:19pm On Sep 25, 2013
manLOOSE
Re: Manchester United Vs Liverpool Capital One Cup (1 - 0) On 25th September 2013 by footballbogger: 12:20pm On Sep 25, 2013
My prediction: Man U is going to lose again
Re: Manchester United Vs Liverpool Capital One Cup (1 - 0) On 25th September 2013 by Brimmie(m): 12:21pm On Sep 25, 2013
donem: I see Man utd winning this game confortably

MAN UNITED 4EVA AND EVER

Blind Supporter! Reserve Ur Comment For Argument At Viewing Center.

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Vs Liverpool Capital One Cup (1 - 0) On 25th September 2013 by Brimmie(m): 12:22pm On Sep 25, 2013
tonididdy: manLOOSE

footballbogger: My prediction: Man U is going to lose again

Hell Yeahh!! Fcking Righ'!!!! cheesy cheesy
Re: Manchester United Vs Liverpool Capital One Cup (1 - 0) On 25th September 2013 by donem: 12:23pm On Sep 25, 2013
Brimmie:

Blind Supporter! Keep Ur Comment For Argument At Viewing Center.
What makes me a blind supporter?
Re: Manchester United Vs Liverpool Capital One Cup (1 - 0) On 25th September 2013 by tareigns(m): 12:25pm On Sep 25, 2013
From fry pan 2 fire 4 dis man u coach. I don de pity d dude. Liverpool go phuck dem doggy style today.
Re: Manchester United Vs Liverpool Capital One Cup (1 - 0) On 25th September 2013 by JMOI: 12:25pm On Sep 25, 2013
luvola: copy and pasting , mod do your job
Is there anything wrong with that? Is it not informative?
Re: Manchester United Vs Liverpool Capital One Cup (1 - 0) On 25th September 2013 by Brimmie(m): 12:25pm On Sep 25, 2013
Okija_juju: Kops Fear not... KING SUAREZ IS BACK!

Bros.. U A Kopite!? cheesy cheesy

Nice Nice Nice!!! The Gods' On Our Side!
Re: Manchester United Vs Liverpool Capital One Cup (1 - 0) On 25th September 2013 by Segadem(m): 12:26pm On Sep 25, 2013
I can see another clash of the Titans
Re: Manchester United Vs Liverpool Capital One Cup (1 - 0) On 25th September 2013 by Brimmie(m): 12:27pm On Sep 25, 2013
tareigns: From fry pan 2 fire 4 dis man u coach. I don de pity d dude. Liverpool go phuck dem doggy style today.

It 'ld Be Missionary Style Bruh!! cheesy grin grin
Re: Manchester United Vs Liverpool Capital One Cup (1 - 0) On 25th September 2013 by Brimmie(m): 12:30pm On Sep 25, 2013
donem:
What makes me a blind supporter?

You Used Comfortably As-if U Didnt Watch Or See Hw Man City Trashed U Guys!!

Anoda Thing, We Nyanshed U Guys Few Weeks Ago!! grin grin

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Vs Liverpool Capital One Cup (1 - 0) On 25th September 2013 by Nobody: 12:32pm On Sep 25, 2013
tareigns: From fry pan 2 fire 4 dis man u coach. I don de pity d dude. Liverpool go phuck dem doggy style today.
grin grin grin grin...#MoyesSorryInAdvance!!!
Re: Manchester United Vs Liverpool Capital One Cup (1 - 0) On 25th September 2013 by Nightshift(m): 12:36pm On Sep 25, 2013
After loosing about €750 due to Chelsea' s home loss to Basel, i can only say that English league teams suck big time this season.
Thanks to Arsenal for keeping my betting hope alive. Liverpool looks more solid than the arrogant ManU.

#Team Bundesliga# - where the big games @!
Re: Manchester United Vs Liverpool Capital One Cup (1 - 0) On 25th September 2013 by Mannylex(m): 12:36pm On Sep 25, 2013
Liverpool is winning this one. I hate man u with a passion...

Blues for life cheesy
Re: Manchester United Vs Liverpool Capital One Cup (1 - 0) On 25th September 2013 by hurricaneChris: 12:40pm On Sep 25, 2013
Okija_juju: Kops Fear not... KING SUAREZ IS BACK!

Dalglish is d King,
Gerrard is d Prince,
Fowler is d God,
Suarez is d chief priest.

Hahahahaha.
Lfc till Sheikh Monsur of Mancity becomes a Christian
Re: Manchester United Vs Liverpool Capital One Cup (1 - 0) On 25th September 2013 by leggo: 1:02pm On Sep 25, 2013
COME ON YOU DEVILS!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Arsenal Vs Fulham (2 - 2) On 26th August 2023 / Europa League: Basel Vs Chelsea (1 - 2) On 25th April 2013 / West Ham Vs Manchester City (0 - 2) On 7th August 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.