Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:25 AM

Governor Hides Jonathan’s One Term Pact Document - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Hides Jonathan’s One Term Pact Document (16281 Views)

Buhari May Spend One Term In Office, ‘president Already Has A Successor In Mind’ / Buhari's One-term Pledge Tears APC Leaders Apart / PDP Governors To Release Jonathan’s One-term Pact (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governor Hides Jonathan’s One Term Pact Document by free2ryhme: 4:47am On Sep 23, 2013
Opponents of President Goodluck Jonathan’s yet unannounced bid for another term may have lost a vital weapon of their case.

The one term agreement document the President allegedly signed with the 23 Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) governors is missing.

It was learnt that the agreement was kept with a Southsouth governor, who is now claiming ignorance of where it is kept.

Some governors, especially the aggrieved PDP G-7 governors, have urged the President to stick to the one term pact he allegedly signed in 2011. Dr. Jonathan denies he ever agreed to do just one term.

Leading the agitation for compliance with one term agreement is Niger State Governor Babangida Aliyu.

At the peace talks on PDP crisis in the Presidential Villa, the President pointedly accused Aliyu of stoking the fire ravaging the party.

Neither those for Jonathan nor those against him have the one term agreement paper, The Nation has learnt.

It was learnt that when the agreement was signed, most of the governors were not eager to have a copy.

But the paper was allegedly given to a Southsouth governor to keep as a reminder to Jonathan that his zone was in custody of the pact.

It was gathered that since the row over another term broke out, the governor has refused to release the paper.

The governor denies being in custody of the paper.
The said governor is fully behind the second term project with confidence since the pact is in his care.
A top source said: “No doubt, there was an agreement but it was not circulated to all the then 23 PDP governors. But a copy was kept with a Southsouth governor for strategic reasons.

“When the issue came up recently among some PDP governors, no one could produce a copy.
“I think the Presidency was aware of where the pact was kept and that is why it has been confidently denying any pact.”
Responding to a question, the source added: “If the pact cannot be produced and the court does not allow the New PDP to exist, the Kawu Baraje faction of PDP may either team up with the All Progressives Congress or Accord Party as the last option.

“But the G-7 governors and New PDP may form a coalition with the APC to ease out Jonathan in 2015.
“People of like minds are already putting heads together on how to effect change in 2015.”
A Northern governor confirmed last night that the “agreement is with a Southsouth governor”.

The Niger State governor had on Liberty Radio in Kaduna early this year alleged that Jonathan entered into a one-term pact with PDP governors
He said: “I recall that at the time he was going to declare for the 2011 election, all the PDP governors were brought together to ensure that we were all in the same frame of mind.

“And I recall that some of us said given the circumstances of the death of President Umaru Yar’Adua and given the PDP zoning arrangement, it was expected that the North was to produce the President for a given number of years.

“I recall that at that discussion, it was agreed that Jonathan would serve only one term of four years and we all signed the agreement. Even when Jonathan went to Kampala, in Uganda, he also said he was going to serve a single term. “I think we are all gentlemen enough; so when the time comes, we will all come together and see what is the right thing to do.”

The Special Adviser to the President on Political Matters, Ahmed Gulak, had insisted that there was no time Jonathan entered into a single-term pact.
He said, “Rather than insisting on an agreement that does not exist – since anybody can contest for the highest office in the land, those who are so interested should declare their interest and contest.”

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/governor-hides-jonathans-one-term-pact-document/
Re: Governor Hides Jonathan’s One Term Pact Document by naijaking1: 4:55am On Sep 23, 2013
Too bad educated people would rather act st.;up.id instead of acting with facts. Governor Aliyu Babangida who is supposedly US educated should know better. What a shame!
BTW, I just lost the document where you promised me a $1M. However, you must pay for it because, it's an 'unwritten gentleman's' agreement. What a crapy logic!
Is it a northern or Boko Haram thing

14 Likes

Re: Governor Hides Jonathan’s One Term Pact Document by Ngwakwe: 6:12am On Sep 23, 2013
It's quite unfortunate that our politicians from the North started heating up the polity from day one of GEJ presidency and have continued till this day.

These Northern Oligachs never wanted GEJ to do well no matter the circumstance.

14 Likes

Re: Governor Hides Jonathan’s One Term Pact Document by atlwireles: 6:19am On Sep 23, 2013
I have a copy of the agreement. Please contact me for terms, found it in Wamakko's office. grin grin grin grin grin grin

8 Likes

Re: Governor Hides Jonathan’s One Term Pact Document by Boss13: 6:38am On Sep 23, 2013
If this story is true then it's cheap propaganda. Those governors cannot assume obscurity about the pact document. If they truly claim that the document is with a south-south governor then they acted foolishly.

But for heavens sake, we must stop these zoning stuff. It is highly irritating. Our leaders are creating more division amongst ourselves rather than uniting us. They are sending a wrong message. A northern president does not guarantee poverty alleviation or economic boom for the north.

5 Likes

Re: Governor Hides Jonathan’s One Term Pact Document by dridowu: 6:52am On Sep 23, 2013
How can such document be missing ? If true, dos nPDP Govs don enta 1 chance be dat

3 Likes

Re: Governor Hides Jonathan’s One Term Pact Document by Joyfullyme: 7:10am On Sep 23, 2013
How can a Nigerian that is not yet mad believe that such a document was given to a SOUTHERN governor?
Have we reached the point where we cannot recognize a lie when we see one?
Abeg use your native intelligence reason the story abeg.

7 Likes

Re: Governor Hides Jonathan’s One Term Pact Document by Danhumprey: 7:29am On Sep 23, 2013
If this whole talk of "one-term pact" is true and that the signatures of the PDP Governors were append on a document,which they claim was lodge with a South-South governor,then let them go and retrieve it as proof! By the way,who is that South-South governor? Don't he have a name Me think he is governor Godswill Akpabio.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Hides Jonathan’s One Term Pact Document by ogb5(m): 7:32am On Sep 23, 2013
Now I thoroughly believe that such written agreement never existed. The Northern governors will not not sign an agreement with a s/s president that guarantees power to return to them in 4 yrs time and keep such agreement with a s/s governor.

But why are the northerners lying blatantly.

25 Likes

Re: Governor Hides Jonathan’s One Term Pact Document by Nobody: 7:39am On Sep 23, 2013
So many twists and turns in Nigeria politics.
Re: Governor Hides Jonathan’s One Term Pact Document by Nobody: 7:51am On Sep 23, 2013
These newspapers keep churning out fake speculatory stories everyday, yes we all know PDP is imploding but please stop feeding us spurious propanganda planted by both sides that even retards won't believe..'One term pact' my a.ss
...funny enought it would make FP

3 Likes

Re: Governor Hides Jonathan’s One Term Pact Document by walton1(m): 9:18am On Sep 23, 2013
Aliyu Nigerians are not myopic to believe such a blatant falsehood and sheer ignominy from you. do u think we are almajiris.
time for you to shut up and work in your state.

3 Likes

Re: Governor Hides Jonathan’s One Term Pact Document by Nobody: 9:41am On Sep 23, 2013
[size=15pt]Story story...story!!

Una sign paper come give am to a South-South Governor for safe keeing...

Imagine the lie?[/size]

6 Likes

Re: Governor Hides Jonathan’s One Term Pact Document by seunfly: 9:52am On Sep 23, 2013
Re: Governor Hides Jonathan’s One Term Pact Document by Tranquill: 9:52am On Sep 23, 2013
Why are the people so engrossed with the so called one term pact signed by Jonathan with few crooked individuals not want a national conference where every citizen will participate to decide on how we want to be governed and live together?

3 Likes

Re: Governor Hides Jonathan’s One Term Pact Document by jmaine: 10:08am On Sep 23, 2013
PortHarcourtBoy: [size=15pt]Story story...story!!

Una sign paper come give am to a South-South Governor for safe keeing...

Imagine the lie?[/size]

We call it a stinking lie . . . . .

Yeye dey ooze . . . .

1 Like

Re: Governor Hides Jonathan’s One Term Pact Document by Macjayboy(m): 10:17am On Sep 23, 2013
Cool cry
Re: Governor Hides Jonathan’s One Term Pact Document by batstan(m): 10:20am On Sep 23, 2013
what if........?
Re: Governor Hides Jonathan’s One Term Pact Document by 80million1: 10:22am On Sep 23, 2013
#Police and Thief# tinz.
Who remembers that game as a kid?
Re: Governor Hides Jonathan’s One Term Pact Document by 80million1: 10:22am On Sep 23, 2013
seunfly: .
see ur life.
Re: Governor Hides Jonathan’s One Term Pact Document by ayusco85(m): 10:22am On Sep 23, 2013
I knw who the governor is. Its Godswill Akpabio. Dont quote M̶̲̅ε̲̣̣̣̥ sha
Re: Governor Hides Jonathan’s One Term Pact Document by nagoma(m): 10:25am On Sep 23, 2013
It is the fault of the PDP governors. How can you sign a pact with someone does not know the meaning of ethics, honor and morality? Someone who can make a million promises and break all of them. There will be no progress until the north understands that remaining in the present Nigerian arrangement will only continue to erode its human and humane oriented legacy and altruistic civilization. North for northerners and south for southerners.

1 Like

Re: Governor Hides Jonathan’s One Term Pact Document by SLIDEwaxie(m): 10:27am On Sep 23, 2013
grin i lost my birth certificate, but biliv me too: i am 12yrs old grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Governor Hides Jonathan’s One Term Pact Document by Nobody: 10:28am On Sep 23, 2013
Although a moot point at this stage, I bet the nPDP group of governors are kicking themselves for not inviting a camera wizard like Ogbeni Aregbesola to the signing event grin
Re: Governor Hides Jonathan’s One Term Pact Document by Nobody: 10:29am On Sep 23, 2013
It's funny that in the God forsaken country called Nigeria, there is a region called "south south" but none called "north north". All in a bid to render the south divided and useless.

Anyway, it won't be for long.

1 Like

Re: Governor Hides Jonathan’s One Term Pact Document by aspabay(m): 10:34am On Sep 23, 2013
Opin Aye..
Re: Governor Hides Jonathan’s One Term Pact Document by homesteady(m): 10:36am On Sep 23, 2013
It was learnt that when the agreement was
signed, most of the governors were not eager
to have a copy.

LOL! Lie of the century!
So are they trying to say the Northern governors are fools?
How'll they not be eager to have such a document!

8 Likes

Re: Governor Hides Jonathan’s One Term Pact Document by SIRKOL(m): 10:40am On Sep 23, 2013
The s/s governor no get name Anyway why is it that Jonathan is always saying fings but yet I hv heard nofin from hs mouth

2 Likes

Re: Governor Hides Jonathan’s One Term Pact Document by Nobody: 10:42am On Sep 23, 2013
A new day. A new story. A new twist.
I don taya

1 Like

Re: Governor Hides Jonathan’s One Term Pact Document by figment232(m): 10:43am On Sep 23, 2013
homesteady:

LOL! Lie of the century!
So are they trying to say the Northern governors are fools?
How'll they not be eager to have such a document!
Even if there is such a document its not legally binding on GEJ.The fact remains that he has d constitutional backing to seek a 2nd term Chikena!

5 Likes

Re: Governor Hides Jonathan’s One Term Pact Document by ShineIt: 10:44am On Sep 23, 2013
There was never any agreement jare, they just want power.
They only said it now to get support from gullible Nigerians.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Cash Inflow Into TSA Hits N 4.3trn / Reflections On Princeton Lyman’s View On Nigeria’s Growing Irrelevance / Nnamdi Kanu’s 'Abduction' Bears Semblance To Kidnapping Of Umaru Dikko In 1984

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.