Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,937 members, 7,806,716 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:36 PM

5 Tips To Improve Your Digestive Health - Food And Nutrition - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 5 Tips To Improve Your Digestive Health - Food And Nutrition (2721 Views)

Why Do You Choose Health Food Quick Weight Loss Diets / Lose Your Stomach Fat- 5 Tips To Have Flat Stomach / Using Bleaching Cream To Improve Your Appearance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Tips To Improve Your Digestive Health - Food And Nutrition by Jayclinics(m): 5:47am On Sep 23, 2013
Your digestive health is more important than you might think. Good digestion is necessary for optimal nutrient absorption. When nutrient absorption is not optimal, every part of your body can suffer, including your immune system. If you frequently have colds or other minor infections, the cause could be poor digestive health. There are ways to improve your digestive health naturally. Here are 5 tips that work for everyone.
Eat More Fiber-Rich Foods
Fiber works in several ways to reduce bloating, constipation and straining that may lead to problems with hemorrhoids. Fiber absorbs water which makes the stool softer. Fiber also adds bulk giving the muscles of the digestive tract something to push against. An added benefit of soluble fiber is that it lowers blood cholesterol levels by absorbing cholesterol from the digestive tract and carrying it out of the body.
Fiber-rich foods include whole grains like oatmeal and brown rice, whole fruits and vegetables, especially the skins, and most nuts and seeds.
Lose Weight
The best thing that a person with acid reflux can do is lose weight. If you are not overweight, then there are still ways to reduce your symptoms naturally without medications that can interfere with protein absorption.
Extra weight in the abdominal area puts pressure on the diaphragm and the stomach. Abdominal fat can push the stomach's contents "up" causing reflux.
Eat Smaller Meals
The stomach seems to have been designed to operate on smaller meals, not the large meals that many people consume three times a day. Eating 6 small meals, rather than 3 large ones, can help to keep your blood sugar and energy levels too.
Large meals cause a bloated and uncomfortable feeling. Lots of food in the stomach increases the risk of reflux.
Drink Plenty of Fluids
Fluids help prevent constipation and prevent dehydration when you are suffering from diarrhea. Clear fluids are best with water being ideal. If you add fiber but don't add water to your daily routine, you may still be constipated. The fiber has to have something to absorb. Fiber supplements like psyllium husks can actually cause intestinal blockages if there is not enough liquid present in the person's diet.
http://cliniconomy..com

click here to see other wonderful posts
http://cliniconomy..com/2013/09/piles-deadly-causes-of-piles-symptoms.html
Re: 5 Tips To Improve Your Digestive Health - Food And Nutrition by jaytime(m): 6:25am On Sep 23, 2013
Nice one OP but how about adding a little of digestive supplement, any side effect?
Re: 5 Tips To Improve Your Digestive Health - Food And Nutrition by Jayclinics(m): 8:53am On Sep 23, 2013
jaytime: Nice one OP but how about adding a little of digestive supplement, any side effect?
thanks for the compliments bro.....
absolutely there is ko side effects. sorry I forgot to add that. But I promise to add it some were, somehow in my next article relating to this present one
Re: 5 Tips To Improve Your Digestive Health - Food And Nutrition by jaytime(m): 3:02pm On Sep 23, 2013
It seems you are very knowledgeable in this whole digestion thin. Pls can you recommend any tested and proven digestive supplement in the market? Thanks Jay clinics
Re: 5 Tips To Improve Your Digestive Health - Food And Nutrition by Jayclinics(m): 3:58pm On Sep 23, 2013
jaytime: It seems you are very knowledgeable in this whole digestion thin. Pls can you recommend any tested and proven digestive supplement in the market? Thanks Jay clinics
u are welcome jaytime....
em.....although I will not say I am a guru in this but I thank God who gaves me inspiration and strength.
I will recommend the apple cider vineger supplement for you.
Apple cider vinegar is a completely natural
product. It is made from apple juice and is
fermented to hard apple cider. It is then fermented
a second time to apple cider vinegar. When using
natural apple cider vinegar, we instantly decrease
the consumption of unnatural chemicals, it aids the natural digestive enzymes in the body.
It is mostly helpful to ppl suffering from insulin imbalance, see my post @
http://cliniconomy..com/2013/09/reasons-why-you-cannot-reduce-your.html?m=1
so you can understand more about insulin imbalance.
a recent study found that consuming 2
tablespoons of apple cider vinegar before a meal
significantly reduces blood glucose levels for
those people suffering from insulin imbalance.

you have to take it easy with digestion supplement because excess intake of it will make you addicted to it.
People taking laxatives, diuretics, and
medication for heart disease and diabetes should
check with a doctor before using apple cider
vinegar supplements.
that just why I hve to offer, hope it helps.
stay updated with my blog as I use that to render my little help to humanity.
thanks for your complimented
Re: 5 Tips To Improve Your Digestive Health - Food And Nutrition by Jayclinics(m): 4:05pm On Sep 23, 2013
you may also like to go for probiotin.
it as Probiotics contain living organisms mainly made up of
bacteria and one type of yeast. Don't be scared of the bacteria because it is a friendly one. These resemble
good bacteria in the gut that contribute to proper
digestion. The supplements are used to treat
certain GI problems and for general digestive
health.
Re: 5 Tips To Improve Your Digestive Health - Food And Nutrition by jaytime(m): 4:28pm On Sep 23, 2013
Thanks 4 d info. I would love to know the price ranges for d 2 supplements and where I can buy them. I stay in Lagos, on d Island. Better still u can drop ur phone contact cos I would like 2 seek more professional advice 4rm u. Thanks
Re: 5 Tips To Improve Your Digestive Health - Food And Nutrition by Jayclinics(m): 7:24pm On Sep 23, 2013
jaytime: Thanks 4 d info. I would love to know the price ranges for d 2 supplements and where I can buy them. I stay in Lagos, on d Island. Better still u can drop ur phone contact cos I would like 2 seek more professional advice 4rm u. Thanks
I don't know for sure were you can get it in Lagos because I am not there I stay In Enugu nd schs at Imo, em.....but if you really need them, I heard someone mention shoprite, or more still ask your friends around they will direct you.
Feel free to contact me with my email when ever you need my support.
jayclinics@gmail.com
I have updated my blog with all you need to know about apple vinger and its benefits don't think the stuff works only as a food supplement to aid digestion. check it out @
http://cliniconomy..com/2013/09/16-benefits-of-apple-cider-vinegar-as.html?m=1
remain blessed
Re: 5 Tips To Improve Your Digestive Health - Food And Nutrition by jaytime(m): 9:48pm On Sep 23, 2013
Thanks a whole lot
Re: 5 Tips To Improve Your Digestive Health - Food And Nutrition by Jayclinics(m): 6:35am On Sep 24, 2013
jaytime: Thanks a whole lot
u are highly welcome
Re: 5 Tips To Improve Your Digestive Health - Food And Nutrition by mimiwems(f): 10:01pm On Jul 30, 2014
INTERNAL BENEFITS:Rich in enzymes & potassiumSupport a healthy immune systemHelps control weightPromotes digestion & ph BalanceHelps soothe dry throatsHelps remove body sludge toxinsEXTERNAL BENEFITS:Helps maintain healthy skinHelps promote youthful, healthy bodiesSoothes irritated skinRelieves muscle pain from exercise08091879905, 08065752586

Re: 5 Tips To Improve Your Digestive Health - Food And Nutrition by adnyedward: 11:48am On Jul 31, 2014
Your digestive health is more important than you might think. If you frequently have colds or other minor infections, the cause could be poor digestive health.

fitness coaching programs
Re: 5 Tips To Improve Your Digestive Health - Food And Nutrition by moonert(f): 3:36pm On Jul 31, 2014
mimiwems: INTERNAL BENEFITS:Rich in enzymes & potassiumSupport a healthy immune systemHelps control weightPromotes digestion & ph BalanceHelps soothe dry throatsHelps remove body sludge toxinsEXTERNAL BENEFITS:Helps maintain healthy skinHelps promote youthful, healthy bodiesSoothes irritated skinRelieves muscle pain from exercise08091879905, 08065752586

Pls am in Abuja. where can I get it n how much is it sold? thank u.
Re: 5 Tips To Improve Your Digestive Health - Food And Nutrition by mimiwems(f): 1:47pm On Jul 18, 2015
moonert:

the price is 3500.it can be delivered to you
Re: 5 Tips To Improve Your Digestive Health - Food And Nutrition by mimiwems(f): 12:20pm On Jul 20, 2015
MIVIC CONSULT SELLS AT 3500 AND IS OFFERING 5% DISCOUNT OFF ON PURCHASE. CALL 08065752586,08124319187

moonert:

Re: 5 Tips To Improve Your Digestive Health - Food And Nutrition by luthorcorp: 2:10pm On Jul 20, 2015
....another important tips is to take probiotics,which might be found in some high quality yoghuts,live cultures are highly recommended,to aid the bacteria digesting food in the gut...
Re: 5 Tips To Improve Your Digestive Health - Food And Nutrition by mimiwems(f): 12:56am On Mar 03, 2017
Aquila Coconut oil is a good saturated fat and it protects against heart disease. It has a lot of good benefit based on research.
Benefit
1. It aids digestion an it is good for Prem babies and gall bladder
2. It helps balance the blood sugar level
3. Protect against cancer
4. Protects from infectious diseases,kills bacteria and fights diseases
5. Good and healthy on skin-fungus cut or injury
6. Good or the hair against dandruff
7. Coconut oil acts as an antioxidants
8. Coconut oil protests the skin from aging, free radicals.
9. Make the skin smooth, softens palms, good for dry skin and eczema.
230ml. 900ml 3400 whatsapp 08065752586

(1) (Reply)

The Facts About JOHESU And Doctors Strike / What Kind Of Cream Will U Recommend For A Black Person / I Want To Add Weight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.