Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,535 members, 7,770,389 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 10:14 AM

Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? - Food (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? (46820 Views)

A Picture Of Vincent Enyeama Cooking Okro Soup / My Bachelor Hood Experience With Gas Cooker (pictures) / 10 Things You Didn't Know About Cooking With Garlic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by myjobsfinder(m): 7:22am On Oct 03, 2013
Neither gas nor kerosine ==> see it here http://allbloggersblog..com
Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by Lifemax: 7:25am On Oct 03, 2013
babarazy: Am a bachelor... i don't cook.
who cares.if u like dnt eat is not my biz
Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by newpaparazzi(m): 7:26am On Oct 03, 2013
roxell120: those who say gas is better, do u like beans a lot like me nd cook it without potassium?

Not only cooking beans. Im surprised nobody has mentioned the very high initial cost of using gas. I just bought a 2 burner gas cooker last week for N7500 and im about to buy the cylinder at the rate of N8000. Now add those to the price of gas which goes for N3300 in my area, then you will know its more expesive to use gas in the short run at least.It doesnt cost you more than N2000 to begin using kerosine stove.Maybe in the long run gas can be economical.

1 Like

Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by akdjr(m): 7:26am On Oct 03, 2013
If gas is cheaper, meaning those using stove are richer
Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by Nobody: 7:27am On Oct 03, 2013
Krisgift: kerosene smoke in her eyes ke? I'v never seen such.mayb na una stove.lol
That is what his sharp wife must have told him so he can buy her a brand new gas cooker with gas cylinder. A good kerosene stove burnin with a blue flame will have little smoke and fumes
Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by bebechuks: 7:30am On Oct 03, 2013
Akshow: nice question. the fact is that many Nigerians don't realize that gas is more economical than kerosene. i personally think gas is cheaper.
yes vry economical
Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by Nobody: 7:41am On Oct 03, 2013
abatajjvii: Love fire wood for her triple action it performs for me
1 i use the wood for fire and very hot
2 from the fire i make coals again
3 from the burnt coals i make my ashes that i use in washing the back of the pot and other things

U ll just burn your house down
Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by abioyeolufemi6: 7:49am On Oct 03, 2013
IT'S BETTER YOU USE GAS IF YOU ARE THINKING OF THE COST BECAUSE IT'S CHEAPER BUT MIND YOU, IT IS DANGEROUS IF YOU ARE NOT VERY CAREFUL..... MAY GOD SAVE US ALL FROM ALL ACIDENT SHA.. AMEN

1 Like

Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by babarazy: 8:01am On Oct 03, 2013
Adeniyi A.:

hun, ...ekun, but aunty n yo WA.
no be so?
na so my broda *coughs*
Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by Nobody: 8:07am On Oct 03, 2013
lol @ police woman, when i was in school my 5 kg gas cooker was enough for one session.......... grin, like say u been chop okpa well well, you lived in enugu ,i guess...okpa is best eaten fresh nah
Policewoman: 5kg for the whole semester shocked na only okpa you dey use am warm every week?
Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by lovett007(f): 8:37am On Oct 03, 2013
gas is cheaper and dangerous, but chacoal is more cheaper [color=]gas is cheaper and dangerous, but chacoal is more cheaper [/color]gas is cheaper and dangerous, but chacoal is more cheaper
Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by kunletoks(m): 8:52am On Oct 03, 2013
Gas for sure.
Last 2months, my friend and i used kerosine but it doesn't last so we started using gas.
Gas is faster than using kerosine.
Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by AmandaaaP(f): 9:03am On Oct 03, 2013
COOK WITH BIOFUEL smokeless fume less stoves or become a distributor.

http://naijabizmall.
Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by silentab: 9:05am On Oct 03, 2013
Gas is more cheaper and conve
Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by costandi(m): 9:10am On Oct 03, 2013
akd jr: If gas is cheaper, meaning those using stove are richer
It meanS they are unknowingly getting poorer.

1 Like

Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by yhemini: 9:11am On Oct 03, 2013
nikky truth: Gas is cheaper . I use my 5kg for the whole semester . But Gas is more dangerous. Pls if you are the carefree type, pls use kerosene. If u must use gas , u have to be extra careful.

Well said bro, this is one of the reasons I use kerosene. Although gas is economical than kerosene, I have seen and heard of fire accidents caused by gas and I do not wanna experience it. if u are d only one using it or u know u can monitor it's usage then u can use it.
Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by gentlegg(m): 9:12am On Oct 03, 2013
Gas is undoubtedly cheaper and better to use BUT PLEASE IF YOU HAVE KIDS OR GROWING CHILDREN OR THE CAREFREE TYPE, ON A VERY SERIOUS NOTE, PLEASE DON'T TRY THIS(GAS). We should not only concentrate on the economics of using gas but should also consider the grave risk associated with gas cooking.
Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by oolumide: 9:53am On Oct 03, 2013
Gas is by farrrrrrrrrrrrrr more cheaper, but the poverty didnt allow many to know this in nigeria. imagine kerosene is aviation fuel, how can it be cheaper

1 Like

Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by Cestmoi1(f): 10:06am On Oct 03, 2013
To me, gas is much cheaper and it doesnt dirty my pots.When i was still using kerosene,d back of my pots always get black and d smell of some kerosene fit suffocate and blind sm1.
Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by samuelfemo(m): 10:28am On Oct 03, 2013
Memyselfu2009: Use gas cook beans your story wouldn't remain d same
0 boy na wa for u o
Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by slickyb(f): 10:44am On Oct 03, 2013
I guess gas is beta
I guess gas is beta
Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by emcemayo: 10:52am On Oct 03, 2013
[color=#006600][/color][i][/i]
gas is 100% cheaper and efficient cooks faster and leaves your pot spotless what more do you need
Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by dguyindcorner(m): 10:58am On Oct 03, 2013
new paparazzi:
Me too want to buy cylinder.How much did you buy yours?

if you need cooking gas cylinder or any accessory related,then we can help you with that.Value gas is the name..we currently sell 12.5kg gas @ just #3000 but if you are buying the cylinder (NEW ONE) complete with the gas,hose,clips and regulator,it would cost you 13k!

for more info contact:08137055771
Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by chemato(m): 11:01am On Oct 03, 2013
fellow Nairalander, Gas make sence oooooooo because i was once a kerosene users buh @ ma Nysc, naw am a gas users;pahaps its encouraging coz lots of our gas is being flare
Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by dguyindcorner(m): 11:02am On Oct 03, 2013
new paparazzi:

Not only cooking beans. Im surprised nobody has mentioned the very high initial cost of using gas. I just bought a 2 burner gas cooker last week for N7500 and im about to buy the cylinder at the rate of N8000. Now add those to the price of gas which goes for N3300 in my area, then you will know its more expesive to use gas in the short run at least.It doesnt cost you more than N2000 to begin using kerosine stove.Maybe in the long run gas can be economical.

have you got one? if not,our cylinder is 7k,d gas is 3k,standard regulator 1.5k,hose 5yards 1k plus 2clips to ensure no leakage,that is 12.5k but plus delivery 13k

if interested :08137055771
Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by dguyindcorner(m): 11:22am On Oct 03, 2013
When i see this topic i was more than happy considering the fact that there are so many things that are oblivious to most nigerians about using gas to cook.Many think:

-gas is very dangerous
-gas is expensive
-gas is meant for the elite

although gas is uncontroversially dangerous becoz of the flammability rate i.e. extremly flamable but talking as a user now,it was before the rate of fire accident as a result of gas is very high but now that has reduced tremendously,why? becoz most regulator i.e. standard is now being designed in a way that if there's any leak in the hose supplying gas from the valve to the gas cooker,the regulator will stop supplying gas from the cylinder becoz the only way there can be explosion is wen the gas is leaking.

And most new gas cookers is designed in an automatic manner i.e. you don't need matches to ignite fire anymore thereby reducing the risk.

Before selling to our customers these are wat we tell them,so be wise in buying.
Usually,wen you are buying for the first time,it myt cost u some headache but after that the rest is as cheaper as pure water
To add,you can never use gas and dream of using kerosene stove again,it is very rare!

For more info contact: 08137055771
Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by dguyindcorner(m): 11:35am On Oct 03, 2013
9icegee: stop deceiving people

check where you do re-fill my brother,no1 is very expensive and the rate at which it finishes is questionable.

hope you dig!
Re: Cooking With Gas Or Kerosene, Which Is Cheaper (economical)? by chemato(m): 11:52am On Oct 03, 2013
new paparazzi:

.........in anything you are doing, you have to consider d long run effect

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

See The Onions I Bought For 1000 Naira At Mile 12, Ketu, Lagos. / Inside Insane Diets Of Sport's Stars - From Junk Food, To Drinking Urine (Pics) / Best Preservatives For Cake.....let's Discuss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.