Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,146 members, 7,780,082 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:25 AM

Masters In Uniport Or Futo - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Masters In Uniport Or Futo (2914 Views)

Professional Exams Vs Masters Which Is Better? / I Graduated With 2.2,can I Have My Masters In Canada? / What Can I Do With Masters In Public Health (mph) Degree (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Masters In Uniport Or Futo by blazerMaks: 11:08am On Sep 23, 2013
Masters in UNIPORT OR FUTO.
Guys please I need all the sincere advice I can get from you all.
I graduated from FUTO chemical engineering in 2011 and I want to go for my masters but I'm confused on which school to go to. I'm considering either UP or FUTO(my Alma mater) but don't know how masters works in both schools. I mean which is better in all ramifications.
The most important part of my confusion is WHAT TO STUDY. Everyone is pushing me to go do masters and I've been thinking on what to study. Imma want to continue in oil and gas but getting my 2:1 in chemical engineering in FUTO wasn't beans. Can the gurus and experienced guys in the house help me out? Is there any relatively easy oil and gas course I can do and which school please.
Thank you.
PS: my dad's going to give me money for the forms pretty soon so I need to make up my mind real fast.
JARUS, if you are there please can you also advise? I saw your post somewhere and I think you're good.
Mods front page please..
Re: Masters In Uniport Or Futo by blazerMaks: 3:08pm On Sep 25, 2013
cry 55 views and not a single comment from my viewers. Smh. So disappointed.
Can someone talk to me please?
Re: Masters In Uniport Or Futo by davide470(m): 12:04pm On Sep 26, 2013
Maks, go for Uniport! Why?
1. You heard of IPS rhyt, (Institute of Petroleum Studies).. Majority of their lecturers comes from Uniport, and they teach similar stuffs on M.Sc Petroleum Engineering.
2. As a result of IPS-UNIPORT partnership, you will get cool opportunity for internship and good career prospect.
3. FUTO is highly respected, no doubt, but for a M.Sc in any petroleum field, Uniport is the go to.
Re: Masters In Uniport Or Futo by blazerMaks: 9:59pm On Sep 26, 2013
Davide, I know IPS does petroleum courses but not sure they award M.Sc or M.Eng? And I kinda prefer M.Eng to M.Sc which UP gives.
I also think IPS is for professionals already not freshers like me.
Also I heard UP's calender is a little drawn back and they're prone to unnecessary delays. Can you please throw more light on these?
Re: Masters In Uniport Or Futo by davide470(m): 3:45pm On Sep 27, 2013
IPS do Masters in petroleum engineering in association with an IWCF certification, and its basically for fresh engineers. Only partner staff with at least 5 years experience are accepted. You can google them up. Whether M.Sc or M.Eng, what matters is the course you are studying.
Dont really know about UP's calendar
Re: Masters In Uniport Or Futo by blazerMaks: 7:25pm On Sep 27, 2013
^^ thanks. I'll find out
Re: Masters In Uniport Or Futo by Nobody: 8:13am On Sep 28, 2013
futo jor

(1) (Reply)

A Chance To Meet With Alhaji Aliko Dangote / 12 Common Myths About Seafarers People Have / Let Me Setup Your Payoneer Account (@N1000), And Working Paypal Account (@N1000)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.