Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,541 members, 7,808,994 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:44 PM

5 Ways Project Management Skills Can Boost Your Career In Nigeria - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 5 Ways Project Management Skills Can Boost Your Career In Nigeria (2276 Views)

A Friend Lost His Job: How To Future-proof Your Career! / Importance Of Customer Relationship Management Skills / Your Skills Can Earn You A Living! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Ways Project Management Skills Can Boost Your Career In Nigeria by Abujafood: 7:30pm On Sep 23, 2013
www.nairaland.com/attachments/1322382_Project_Management_phases_png93188154e04707e191bad293e5b9dcc4

Many Nigerian professionals aren't aware that they could gain a lot of advantages by merely receiving project management skills. In case you're wondering what is project management - as the name implies managing a project from conception to execution. That simply means from the moment an idea for a project is born till the moment the idea eventually becomes a reality. All the steps involved in managing this falls under project management.

Project management is not only for engineering or management professionals, it cuts across all fields as there is project management in every thing we do be it building a house to starting a business or even planning a concert. That brings to mind the second question - what is a project?

A project is a collection of tasks. A task is an activity that is designed to achieve a definite objective. Without taking much more time here are 5 ways project management skills can boost your career.

1) Improve your productivity

With project management skills you can achieve better results and faster on your job making you a more desirable employee.

2) Boost your Chances for better Opportunities

If you want to cross over to another field or job what are your odds of scaling through? Well that depends on many factors but your chances of moving on to a more lucrative job is enhanced when you can handle projects effectively.

3) Earn More

Do you know project management certified professionals earn more money than those who don't have it? Check the labour market pay figures and find out for yourself.

4) Help develop Nigeria

In Nigeria we're in need of expertise, unfortunately most people who handle big projects in this country are expatriates as few Nigerians haver required skills to manage huge projects. What stops government from hiring you to handle a major project if you have the required skills?

5) Become more versatile

Due to the nature of project management people skilled in it tend to have an eye for the big picture. So they may not have the technical skills or knowledge for a project yet they can manage it efficiently.

Still at a loss on what to do to boost your career? You now know don't you?

Good luck!

Source: http://abuja-city..com/2013/10/5-ways-project-management-skills-can.html
Re: 5 Ways Project Management Skills Can Boost Your Career In Nigeria by blossom(f): 3:13pm On Sep 25, 2013
Thanks for this post. Do you know a reliable outfit that offers certificate course on this. Pls recommend.
Re: 5 Ways Project Management Skills Can Boost Your Career In Nigeria by Abujafood: 3:58pm On Sep 25, 2013
blossom: Thanks for this post. Do you know a reliable outfit that offers certificate course on this. Pls recommend.

Yeah there's Ecoways Trainings ltd in Abuja!
Re: 5 Ways Project Management Skills Can Boost Your Career In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:45pm On Sep 25, 2013
How important is numeracy in acquiring project management training? Is it necessary to have maths skills to successfully learn and implement project management?
Re: 5 Ways Project Management Skills Can Boost Your Career In Nigeria by casiello(m): 11:58pm On Sep 25, 2013
pro01: How important is numeracy in acquiring project management training? Is it necessary to have maths skills to successfully learn and implement project management?
I hope someone answers this question. I myself I am pondering which professional course i register for. Problem is that I'm average in mathematics, I've always been average in mathematics since my primary school days and sometime detest maths. Now most professional course seems to be calculative intensive and the last thing I want is to find myself studied a professional course where I struggle with the numerical section of it. Any advice or insights from peeps here will be appreciated.
Re: 5 Ways Project Management Skills Can Boost Your Career In Nigeria by ktjwest: 2:57am On Sep 26, 2013
Pls can u recommend a reliable outfit for this certificate programme in lagos? Thanks
Abujafood: www.nairaland.com/attachments/1322382_Project_Management_phases_png93188154e04707e191bad293e5b9dcc4

Many Nigerian professionals aren't aware that they could gain a lot of advantages by merely receiving project management skills. In case you're wondering what is project management - as the name implies managing a project from conception to execution. That simply means from the moment an idea for a project is born till the moment the idea eventually becomes a reality. All the steps involved in managing this falls under project management.

Project management is not only for engineering or management professionals, it cuts across all fields as there is project management in every thing we do be it building a house to starting a business or even planning a concert. That brings to mind the second question - what is a project?

A project is a collection of tasks. A task is an activity that is designed to achieve a definite objective. Without taking much more time here are 5 ways project management skills can boost your career.

1) Improve your productivity

With project management skills you can achieve better results and faster on your job making you a more desirable employee.

2) Boost your Chances for better Opportunities

If you want to cross over to another field or job what are your odds of scaling through? Well that depends on many factors but your chances of moving on to a more lucrative job is enhanced when you can handle projects effectively.

3) Earn More

Do you know project management certified professionals earn more money than those who don't have it? Check the labour market pay figures and find out for yourself.

4) Help develop Nigeria

In Nigeria we're in need of expertise, unfortunately most people who handle big projects in this country are expatriates as few Nigerians haver required skills to manage huge projects. What stops government from hiring you to handle a major project if you have the required skills?

5) Become more versatile

Due to the nature of project management people skilled in it tend to have an eye for the big picture. So they may not have the technical skills or knowledge for a project yet they can manage it efficiently.

Still at a loss on what to do to boost your career? You now know don't you?

Good luck!
Re: 5 Ways Project Management Skills Can Boost Your Career In Nigeria by Abujafood: 5:59pm On Sep 26, 2013
pro01: How important is numeracy in acquiring project management training? Is it necessary to have maths skills to successfully learn and implement project management?

Not necessarily anyone can learn project management regardless of their numeracy skills.
Re: 5 Ways Project Management Skills Can Boost Your Career In Nigeria by Abujafood: 6:00pm On Sep 26, 2013
casiello: I hope someone answers this question. I myself I am pondering which professional course i register for. Problem is that I'm average in mathematics, I've always been average in mathematics since my primary school days and sometime detest maths. Now most professional course seems to be calculative intensive and the last thing I want is to find myself studied a professional course where I struggle with the numerical section of it. Any advice or insights from peeps here will be appreciated.

Actually being proficient in Maths isn't such a big deal when it comes to learning project management!
Re: 5 Ways Project Management Skills Can Boost Your Career In Nigeria by blossom(f): 9:17am On Sep 27, 2013
Does anyone know about this Pro Training Centre in Lagos? How good are they in delivering the training on Project Management skills?
Re: 5 Ways Project Management Skills Can Boost Your Career In Nigeria by mgbo: 3:36pm On Sep 27, 2013
plz where can i train for project mangt in abuja?
Re: 5 Ways Project Management Skills Can Boost Your Career In Nigeria by Abujafood: 7:26pm On Sep 27, 2013
mgbo: plz where can i train for project mangt in abuja?

Ecoways Trainings ltd you can call: 0818 083 1826 for details!
Re: 5 Ways Project Management Skills Can Boost Your Career In Nigeria by iforcepm(m): 8:13pm On Sep 29, 2013
Hello: In case you are interested in taking a PMP class in Lagos, please visit www.iforcepm.org. They are registered by PMI and the price is right. Try it!

DATE: OCTOBER 5th, 6th, 12th and 13th(weekends only).

VENUE: 12A, Mabinuori Dawodu St., Gbagada Estate Phase 1, by Charley boy bus-stop, Gbagada, Lagos.

PRICE: 98,500 naira

Contact Information

contact@iforcepm.org

Phone: +2348066657000

blossom: Thanks for this post. Do you know a reliable outfit that offers certificate course on this. Pls recommend.
Re: 5 Ways Project Management Skills Can Boost Your Career In Nigeria by iforcepm(m): 8:14pm On Sep 29, 2013
Hello: In case you are interested in taking a PMP class in Lagos, please visit www.iforcepm.org. They are registered by PMI and the price is right. Try it!

VENUE: 12A, Mabinuori Dawodu St., Gbagada Estate Phase 1, by Charley boy bus-stop, Gbagada, Lagos.

Contact Information

contact@iforcepm.org

blossom: Does anyone know about this Pro Training Centre in Lagos? How good are they in delivering the training on Project Management skills?
Re: 5 Ways Project Management Skills Can Boost Your Career In Nigeria by Abujafood: 10:05am On Sep 30, 2013
iforcepm: Hello: In case you are interested in taking a PMP class in Lagos, please visit www.iforcepm.org. They are registered by PMI and the price is right. Try it!

Contact Information

contact@iforcepm.org

It's not necessary for you to repeat your advert on this thread! One post is enough!
Re: 5 Ways Project Management Skills Can Boost Your Career In Nigeria by teexzle: 12:22am On Oct 05, 2013
iforcepm: Hello: In case you are interested in taking a PMP class in Lagos, please visit www.iforcepm.org. They are registered by PMI and the price is right. Try it!

Contact Information

contact@iforcepm.org

Is ds plus the exam fee pls
Re: 5 Ways Project Management Skills Can Boost Your Career In Nigeria by bolajng(m): 5:22am On Jan 03, 2014
http://pmcookbook..com/2013/11/preparing-for-pmp-exam.html[color=#000099][/color] provides summary notes needed for passing the test. It does not substitute studying for the test. It merely cap and drives home what you have studied.

(1) (Reply)

Which Step Have You Reached Today(Photo) / How To Make Extra Income By Working Part-time In Real Estate Companies / Mitas Trainee ! Maersk !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.