Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,445 members, 7,808,592 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:55 PM

Here Are Celebrities You Probably Didn't Know Are Atheist - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Here Are Celebrities You Probably Didn't Know Are Atheist (2106 Views)

Nigerian Celebrities You Didn’t Know Are From Royal Families (photos) / Celebrities You Didn't Know Originated From Kogi State / 10 Celebrities You Probably Didn't Know Were Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Here Are Celebrities You Probably Didn't Know Are Atheist by RealJenny(f): 7:53pm On Sep 23, 2013
http://tenajawaji./2013/09/23/here-are-celebrities-you-probably-didnt-know-are-atheist/
ANGELINA JOLIE
In an interview with the AV club, her answer to the question "Is there a God?" Was "hmmm... For some people. I hope so for them. For the people who believe in it, I hope so. There's something in people in people that's so spiritual, that's god-like. I don't feel like doing things just because people say things, but I also don't really know if its better to not just believe in anything either"
JODIE FOSTER
In an interview with entertainment Weekly, she revealed: "I'm an atheist but I absolutely love religions and rituals. Even though I don't believe in God. We celebrate pretty much every religion in our family with the kids. They love it and when they say "are we Jewish?" Or " are we catholic?" I say " well I'm not but you can choose when you're 18"
BRAD PITT
Brad who was raised southern baptist in an interview with the New York Daily news said " I'm probably 20 percent atheist and 80 percent agnostic. I don't think anyone really knows. You'll find out or not when you get there, until then there's no point thinking about it"
MORGAN FREEMAN
How Ironic that a man who played "God" twice doesn't believe in the existence of God right? Well in an interview with The Grio he said "my belief system doesn't support a creator as such, as we can call God, who created us in his/her/its image" he continued "Has anybody ever seen hard evidence?" , "We invented God"
HUGH HEFNER
In an interview with playboy magazine, he said "its perfectly clear to me that religion is a myth, its something we have invented to explain the inexplicable"
KEIRA KNIGHTLY
The "Pirates of the Caribbean" star revealed that her atheism limits her fun and has joked that she'd prefer to be catholic "if only I wasn't an atheist, I could get away with anything, you'd just ask for forgiveness and then you'd be forgiven. It sounds much better than having to live with guilt"
SETH MACFARLANE
The creator of "Family Guy" in an interview with Esquire when asked why he was so vocal about his atheism replied "we have to.. Because of all the mysticism and stuff that's gotten so popular, its like the civil rights movement. There have to be people who are vocal about the advancement of knowledge over faith"
DANIEL RADCLIFFE
The Harry Potter star said in an interview with Esquire: "I'm a militant atheist when religion starts impacting on legislation"
JULLIANE MOORE
When a reporter confronted Julliane Moore, wanting to know what she'd say to God at the gates of heaven, she uttered impulsively "Wow, I was wrong, you really do exist!"
Re: Here Are Celebrities You Probably Didn't Know Are Atheist by Nobody: 8:38pm On Sep 23, 2013
Good for dem. They'll know for sure on the Last Day if there's a God or not
Re: Here Are Celebrities You Probably Didn't Know Are Atheist by RealJenny(f): 9:24am On Sep 24, 2013
Pray so
Re: Here Are Celebrities You Probably Didn't Know Are Atheist by richardoz(m): 7:54am On Nov 11, 2013
The Fool says in his heart 'there is no God'. They will come to the knowledge of truth on the judgment day when it will be too late!

(1) (Reply)

It Wasn't Me: Iyabo Obasanjo Denies Writing The OBJ Diss Letter / Nkiru Sylvanus At Her Movie Premiere Going On Right Now At Oriental / Music Lovers:- Mention Just Two Nigerian Song Currently Bursting Your Brain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.