Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,496 members, 7,808,841 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:47 PM

Chimamanda Adichie & Husband Ivara Esege (photos) - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Chimamanda Adichie & Husband Ivara Esege (photos) (84621 Views)

Photo: Chimamanda adichie With Her Handsome Husband / Chimamanda Adichie Blasts Elnathan John, A Writer From Kaduna In New Interview / Chimamanda Adichie's New Hair Style: Like Or Dislike? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chimamanda Adichie & Husband Ivara Esege (photos) by Akanbiedu(m): 4:52pm On Sep 24, 2013
That n1gga looks unhappy.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie & Husband Ivara Esege (photos) by justplainpaul(m): 4:53pm On Sep 24, 2013
japhmanuel: No be she write one novel purple hibiscus??
No, u dey wrong. na green hibiscus she write.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie & Husband Ivara Esege (photos) by laplace19(m): 5:04pm On Sep 24, 2013
tchidi:

Half-caste is politically incorrect and kinda insultive. Said it once to a Brit with a half_Nigerian son n she almost ate off my head. Since then, I've learnt to call it. 'Bi-racial'

"Insultive" is grammatically incorrect and kinda insulting. Said it once to a Britain with a half-Nigerian son and she almost ate off my head. Since then,I've learnt to call it "INSULTING" grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie & Husband Ivara Esege (photos) by brosun(m): 5:17pm On Sep 24, 2013
They do really look cute!

5 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie & Husband Ivara Esege (photos) by ifebosco: 5:23pm On Sep 24, 2013
i like everything about her,apart from her feminism i hate with passion,please don´t bring that to nigeria

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie & Husband Ivara Esege (photos) by ketoprofen(m): 5:29pm On Sep 24, 2013
Kaycee7: * falls from chair* LWKMD

me too fell from my bed laughing.
Esp the line, ' satan chop make we chop ministry, a.k.a we no dey fight satan.

@ OP, ntutu this girl egbugo m.
See hair bikonu !
Re: Chimamanda Adichie & Husband Ivara Esege (photos) by smoothlips(m): 5:31pm On Sep 24, 2013
BigRuckus:
'Mulatto' is a more appropriate term, or biracial like tchidi pointed out... 'Half caste' is considered derogatory.
Mulatto is offensive "don't go and call someone Mulatto"

3 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie & Husband Ivara Esege (photos) by vislabraye(m): 5:49pm On Sep 24, 2013
LesbianBoy: Why is the FOOLISH GIRL not answering her husband's name Anyways, its the mumu albino husband that allowed her. She knows no Nigerian Man will put up with that nonsense thats why she went to marry an albino! angry

How do you know she's not answering her husband's name ? May be its the press still calling her by her maiden name.

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie & Husband Ivara Esege (photos) by vislabraye(m): 5:53pm On Sep 24, 2013
SimonAndal:
Dayum he's hot! But not as hot as my sweet Masonkz. Tenk!

Are U male or female ? If male are U gayyy ?
Re: Chimamanda Adichie & Husband Ivara Esege (photos) by plendil: 5:56pm On Sep 24, 2013
Wu Zetian:
Here, have a glass of haterade! He looks more happy than your father ever was with your mum undecided

And you had to involve his parents, just because his statement didn't appeal to your feminist inclinations?

Really, some of you females are too revolting to be called animals. angry angry

5 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie & Husband Ivara Esege (photos) by dtemidare: 6:11pm On Sep 24, 2013
Hembelembe (how does this concern us)
Re: Chimamanda Adichie & Husband Ivara Esege (photos) by Nobody: 6:21pm On Sep 24, 2013
plendil:

And you had to involve his parents, just because his statement didn't appeal to your feminist inclinations?

Really, some of you females are too revolting to be called animals. angry angry

And some of you males are too vapid to pass for beasts! angry angry

8 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie & Husband Ivara Esege (photos) by mamagee3(f): 6:27pm On Sep 24, 2013
Her husband has some similarities with muna obiekwe
Re: Chimamanda Adichie & Husband Ivara Esege (photos) by itslordmoh: 6:30pm On Sep 24, 2013
smoothlips: Mulatto is offensive "don't go and call someone Mulatto"
BigRuckus:
'Mulatto' is a more appropriate term, or biracial like tchidi pointed out... 'Half caste' is considered derogatory.
Both Mulatto and Half-caste are offensive. Biracial is definitely the preferred term- that is for those who care to know.
As for the feminism stuff and the surname change, that is for her and her husband to decide. I don't think I'll allow my wife to keep her surname though - she should be proud to adopt mine. But, let me get to that bridge before crossing it.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie & Husband Ivara Esege (photos) by Christmasdon(m): 7:28pm On Sep 24, 2013
Wu Zetian:

And some of you males are too vapid to pass for beasts! angry angry
.hey whats 'rong wif your head. You dare call Men beast! Oh ma God. Y0u are just a bigot for saying that. Idi.ot. *spits*
Re: Chimamanda Adichie & Husband Ivara Esege (photos) by xoctic: 7:47pm On Sep 24, 2013
Nomski0: Doctor + doctor= hmmm.
dyslexia de wori u? She be writer, na her hussy be doctor
Re: Chimamanda Adichie & Husband Ivara Esege (photos) by eaglechild: 8:03pm On Sep 24, 2013
usmsam:

Nawaoo. Ur H-factor is so strong that you even type it. undecided
omo you wicked oh grin grin
Re: Chimamanda Adichie & Husband Ivara Esege (photos) by obyikye(f): 8:05pm On Sep 24, 2013
Tomato Jos!
Re: Chimamanda Adichie & Husband Ivara Esege (photos) by eaglechild: 8:14pm On Sep 24, 2013
laplace19:

"Insultive" is grammatically incorrect and kinda insulting. Said it once to a Britain with a half-Nigerian son and she almost ate off my head. Since then,I've learnt to call it "INSULTING" grin grin
"A Britain" is grammatically incorrect and kind of irritating. Said it once to a Briton with a half - Nigerian son and that put an END to our friendship and all the fun TIME we spent doings THINGS together.

3 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie & Husband Ivara Esege (photos) by gohome: 8:39pm On Sep 24, 2013
eaglechild:
"A Britain" is grammatically incorrect and kind of irritating. Said it once to a Briton with a half - Nigerian son and that put an END to our friendship and all the fun TIME we spent doings THINGS together.

Doings" is grammatically incorrect and kind of irritating. Said it once to a Briton with a half - Nigerian son and that put an END to our friendship and all the fun TIME we spent doing THINGS together

5 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie & Husband Ivara Esege (photos) by OdenigboAroli(m): 9:09pm On Sep 24, 2013
Her hair looks really great and they look cool together.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie & Husband Ivara Esege (photos) by Nobody: 9:10pm On Sep 24, 2013
They make a good couple. Her husband is cute and her hair is lush kiss

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie & Husband Ivara Esege (photos) by Nobody: 9:11pm On Sep 24, 2013
I now understand why she said we're all feminists because that nyggah she married is definitely feminism in a male skin.

Anyway, why do pro-black women always go for either white men or the whitest nyggah around?

Cute couple - whatever rocks their banana boat.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie & Husband Ivara Esege (photos) by jadelyn007(f): 9:31pm On Sep 24, 2013
I prefer to marry a self acclaimed feminist Dan some olodo chick wif 2 heaps of Brazilian hair on her head.likes marry likes,d man MST b an intellectual so he married an intellectual wife.for those of u beefing,how many of ur galfrds hv been able to acquire a diploma cerificate without sleeping her way thru d whole faculty!!!

6 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie & Husband Ivara Esege (photos) by repogirl(f): 9:47pm On Sep 24, 2013
Danhumprey: An half-cast,no doubt! But they look cute together. wink
half cast is insulting, didn't you read Americannah? Its bi-racial!
Re: Chimamanda Adichie & Husband Ivara Esege (photos) by Chinom(m): 10:29pm On Sep 24, 2013
solomon111: Oh pls shut up and stop being such a melodramatic pussyy.
How does not agreeing with her choice of surname becomes hate?
Why can't she bear a compound name if she values her surname so much?
Is she more accomplished than Ngozi okonjo iweala,oby ezekwesili,and other great Nigerian women that have adopted the surnames of their husbands?
She is a victim of feminism,and i don't respect feminists.

I love Chi girl a lot, but this guy does have a point here. Okonjo is actually Ngozi's father's name. Her husband is Mr. Iweala. Chimamanda could do the same. The world would still recognize her.
By the way, i remember Esege way back at Enugu. Hanging out at Zodiac Hotel. Coal city guys know where Zodiac hotel is.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie & Husband Ivara Esege (photos) by Rossikk(m): 11:26pm On Sep 24, 2013
salt 1: She's married! So happy for her.
I'm glad she found time for her private life

Her husband is soooooo handsome!

You must be mistaking his being light-skinned for being ''soooooooooooooooooo handsome''.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie & Husband Ivara Esege (photos) by brosdoncome(m): 12:07am On Sep 25, 2013
mama-gee:
Her husband has some similarities with muna obiekwe

He is white Peter Obi of Anambra state cheesy
Re: Chimamanda Adichie & Husband Ivara Esege (photos) by nonsookongwu(m): 12:28am On Sep 25, 2013
pls ooooooooo, I want to ask a question, this goes mostly to pple from the east, y is it that if someone gets successful, he or she leaves his town and immediately starts dwelling in another place?......biko kwa, Chimamanda comes from my village and her fathers ancestral house is behind my dad's, we ve never seen her come to say she is getting married ooooo, suddenly she is married to one **++++++**?
pls o, was she married before she started to write and blow or what? am confused
Re: Chimamanda Adichie & Husband Ivara Esege (photos) by thoth: 1:54am On Sep 25, 2013
nonsookongwu: pls ooooooooo, I want to ask a question, this goes mostly to pple from the east, y is it that if someone gets successful, he or she leaves his town and immediately starts dwelling in another place?......biko kwa, Chimamanda comes from my village and her fathers ancestral house is behind my dad's, we ve never seen her come to say she is getting married ooooo, suddenly she is married to one **++++++**?
pls o, was she married before she started to write and blow or what? am confused
Well...according to some unwritten feminist law, ................................................................... do you understand ?
Re: Chimamanda Adichie & Husband Ivara Esege (photos) by shilling(f): 3:37am On Sep 25, 2013
The fact that British colonialists coined the term doesn't make it acceptable for a Nigerian to use it to address a Brit.

dasparrow:

Most Nigerians are not aware of this. After all, the word 'half caste' was imported into Nigeria with the English language by none other than the Brits themselves. If that was me that the Brit woman had tried to run her mouth at, I would have given her a piece of my mind. Did Nigerians or indeed black people sit down one fine morning and start making up racial slurs? nope they did not. It was Caucasians/white people who sadly did. Nigerians are generally not into racial slurs - many 'worship' people with pale skin - because Nigeria is an all-black nation and we are too busy trying to cope/solve our myriads of problems than sitting there and intentionally and spitefully calling biracial folks derogatory terms. The British woman should go and talk to her racist British people who cloned the word 'half caste' and imported it into Nigeria!

The husband ain't complaining so why are you trying to take panadol for another man's headache? You think it is every man out there that subscribes to the idea of treating women like slaves or glorified housemates? Just because it is done that way in 3rd world Africa does not mean people in advanced nations prescribe to that crap.

Yes! Likes attract. Two intelligent people coming together to build a life together. She is smart to have married someone who is bred overseas and hence would appreciate her as a lady.

@Post

Cute couple. They look really good together. May God continue to bless their marriage.

Re: Chimamanda Adichie & Husband Ivara Esege (photos) by shilling(f): 3:51am On Sep 25, 2013
It's not a valid point because people like Okonjo-Iweala and Ezekwesili were not public figures prior to marriage. They've both been married for over 2 decades while Adichie got married after becoming a renown author.

Chinom:

I love Chi girl a lot, but this guy does have a point here. Okonjo is actually Ngozi's father's name. Her husband is Mr. Iweala. Chimamanda could do the same. The world would still recognize her.
By the way, i remember Esege way back at Enugu. Hanging out at Zodiac Hotel. Coal city guys know where Zodiac hotel is.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

A Client From Hell / <<THE UNDERCOVER AGENT¤¤Part 1 & 2>> / YORUBA DEMONS (the Scourge Of Ladies)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.