Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,275 members, 7,780,619 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:44 PM

BBM For Android And Iphone Update – Note From The Head Of BBM - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / BBM For Android And Iphone Update – Note From The Head Of BBM (1018 Views)

NCC To Check Activities Of BBM, Whatsapp, Wechat, Facebook / ''Keeping Cell Phones Near The Head Is Dangerous'' / BBM On Android And Related Issues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BBM For Android And Iphone Update – Note From The Head Of BBM by yhemini: 7:42am On Sep 24, 2013
Hi Android and iPhone users,

This is Andrew Bocking, head of BBM at BlackBerry. As a follow up to our first blog post on Saturday, I want to take a moment to provide you with an update on the rollout of BBM on Android and iPhone.

Last week, an unreleased, older version of the BBM for Android app was posted on numerous file sharing sites. We were aware of an issue with this unreleased version of the BBM for Android app. This older version resulted in volumes of data traffic orders of magnitude higher than normal for each active user and impacted the system in abnormal ways. The version we were planning to release on Saturday addressed these issues, however we could not block users of the unreleased version if we went ahead with the launch.

We attempted to address the problems caused by the unreleased version throughout the day on Saturday, but as active users of the unreleased app neared a million – and accelerated – it became clear that the only way to address the issue was to pause the rollout for both Android and iPhone.

The team is now focused on adjusting the system to completely block this unreleased version of the Android app when we go live with the official BBM for Android app. We are also making sure that the system is reinforced to handle this kind of scenario in the future. While this may sound like a simple task – it’s not. This will take some time and I do not anticipate launching this week.

Thank you for your patience while we take the time needed to deliver the experience you expect from BBM. We will continue to provide you with updates here on InsideBlackBerry.com and through @BBM on Twitter. We will notify everyone who has pre-registered on BBM.com when BBM is available on Android and iPhone.

Andrew Bocking
EVP, BBM

Source: http://blogs.blackberry.com/2013/09/bbm-android-iphone-update/
Re: BBM For Android And Iphone Update – Note From The Head Of BBM by cuteprinz(m): 10:27am On Sep 24, 2013
@OP: This is yhemini, not Andrew Bocking
Re: BBM For Android And Iphone Update – Note From The Head Of BBM by yhemini: 7:25pm On Sep 26, 2013
cuteprinz: @OP: This is yhemini, not Andrew Bocking

You think I fabricated this my self? Did u not see the link I posted along wiv it.
Re: BBM For Android And Iphone Update – Note From The Head Of BBM by Nobody: 10:11pm On Sep 26, 2013
well, by next year
Re: BBM For Android And Iphone Update – Note From The Head Of BBM by Mannylex(m): 10:55pm On Sep 26, 2013
Old news

(1) (Reply)

Blackberry Bold 4 9780 / How To Transfer Contacts From Iphone To Android Phone / Ppsspp Game

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.