Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,583 members, 7,809,114 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:40 PM

Juanita Bynum, Televangelist, Comes Out Of The Closet-'i've Been With Women' - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Juanita Bynum, Televangelist, Comes Out Of The Closet-'i've Been With Women' (2409 Views)

I've Come To Demolish Money Gospel In Nigeria - Kenyan Prophet / I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. / Joel Osteen: Megachurch Televangelist Pastor Without Christ?! Scandal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Juanita Bynum, Televangelist, Comes Out Of The Closet-'i've Been With Women' by Yooguyz: 10:13am On Sep 24, 2013
m.huffpost.com/us/entry/1683529 :
Gospel singer and prophetess
Juanita Bynum recently
appeared on Atlanta radio
station V-103 and revealed
some of her past struggles in
life. She also spoke of affairs she said she had with women.
“I’ve done it all. I did the
drugs. I’ve been with men. I’ve been with women. It’s not a
line. It’s my life,” Bynum said. “I took full responsibility in
every area because every
choice that I made, nobody put a gun to my head. These were my choices and I made
these choices due to a lack of wisdom.”
“I’m not embarrassed about my conversions, and that’s
why I’m not insecure aboutbeing around people who
have issues and struggles,"
she added.
Following suffering a near-fatal attack by her estranged husband, Thomas W. Weeks
III, in 2007, the former Trinity Broadcasting Network televangelist has gone on to become a New York Times
bestselling author with her book, “The Threshing Floor” and launch several businesses, including a publishing company and a skin care line.
Bynum has since moved on from her relationship with Weeks, and she credits having
“purpose and destiny” for
filling a longtime void from other negative periods of her
life.
“That abuse that I suffered was because I attracted after
my own kind. That abuse was always sitting in me,” she said on V-103. “I had already abused myself mentally and emotionally for years trying to
fill a void that only the power of purpose can fill”
“When purpose has a place to fill that hole, you can have sex with 50,000 people, you can
do drugs til the cows come
home. But the void that you’re
trying to fill is a void that’s been put there by the Creator,
and it’s called purpose and destiny. And until you accept that, you’re going to walk around with the living dead," she said
m.huffpost.com/us/entry/1683529

If God can use that ^^^ woman of Orientation mightly, it means that he loves and accepts people of orientation.
Re: Juanita Bynum, Televangelist, Comes Out Of The Closet-'i've Been With Women' by HezronLorraine(m): 6:13am On Sep 25, 2013
Hmm.
Re: Juanita Bynum, Televangelist, Comes Out Of The Closet-'i've Been With Women' by An0nimus: 8:22am On Sep 25, 2013
Yooguyz: .

If God can use that ^^^ woman of Orientation mightly, it means that he loves and accepts people of orientation.

But He does not want them to remain so when they come to accept Him. In your article above, did she say she remained a woman of 'orientation' afterwards? nope she changed. She became a new creature, one whose "void" - that emptiness has been filled with God and His saving grace.

2Cor 6:16
And what agreement has the temple of God with idols? for you are the temple of the living God. As God has said: "I will dwell in them and walk among them. I will be their God, and they shall be My people."
17. Therefore " Come out from among them and be separate, says the Lord. Do not touch what is unclean, and I will receive you."

Goodmorning to you toosmiley

1 Like

Re: Juanita Bynum, Televangelist, Comes Out Of The Closet-'i've Been With Women' by yemisolar(m): 10:03am On Sep 25, 2013
The article does not say she still does those things neither does it say that she approves them. She was just talking about the things she did before coming to GOd and that she accepts responsibility for them.

Frankly speaking, i don't understand why these gay people and proponents are trying so hard to push their vice down people's throat. Why make so much effort to validate it if there is nothing wrong with it? For all i care nobody will spend so much time and money to prove the rightness of heterosexual marriage and having kids.

The truth is that God loves men irrespective of their sins but that doesn't mean he approves a sinful lifestyle.
Re: Juanita Bynum, Televangelist, Comes Out Of The Closet-'i've Been With Women' by Alwaystrue(f): 10:30am On Sep 25, 2013
yemi solar:
The truth is that God loves men irrespective of their sins but that doesn't mean he approves a sinful lifestyle.

Very true. This scripture shows it:

2 Peter 1:5-11
In view of all this, make every effort to respond to God’s promises. Supplement your faith with a generous provision of moral excellence, and moral excellence with knowledge, 6 and knowledge with self-control, and self-control with patient endurance, and patient endurance with godliness,
7 and godliness with brotherly affection, and brotherly affection with love for everyone.
The more you grow like this, the more productive and useful you will be in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
9 But those who fail to develop in this way are shortsighted or blind, forgetting that they have been cleansed from their old sins.
10 So, dear brothers and sisters, work hard to prove that you really are among those God has called and chosen.
Do these things, and you will never fall away.
11 Then God will give you a grand entrance into the eternal Kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

1 Like

Re: Juanita Bynum, Televangelist, Comes Out Of The Closet-'i've Been With Women' by ayoku777(m): 10:51am On Sep 25, 2013
Yooguyz: .

ofcourse, he does. He love us and accepts us as we are, but it is to make us into what he is. Paul talked about 'apprehending that for which Christ also apprehended him'. He became like us that we should become like him. He wants us to bring forth the glory of his life that he has imputed into our spirit.

1 Like

Re: Juanita Bynum, Televangelist, Comes Out Of The Closet-'i've Been With Women' by Yooguyz: 11:03am On Sep 25, 2013
Hezron Lorraine: Hmm.
you are back! How was Norway?
Re: Juanita Bynum, Televangelist, Comes Out Of The Closet-'i've Been With Women' by Yooguyz: 11:16am On Sep 25, 2013
An0nimus:

But He does not want them to remain so when they come to accept Him. In your article above, did she say she remained a woman of 'orientation' afterwards? nope she changed.
it seems like you don't understand what i mean't by the boldened above? Refer to the first page of the gaychatbox for any clarification.
The G-word is very easy to use. If i was implying your response ^^ i would have used it.
Re: Juanita Bynum, Televangelist, Comes Out Of The Closet-'i've Been With Women' by HezronLorraine(m): 11:26am On Sep 25, 2013
Yooguyz:
you are back! How was Norway?
had the best of fun.It was just too beautiful.Hope you're good.

1 Like

Re: Juanita Bynum, Televangelist, Comes Out Of The Closet-'i've Been With Women' by Yooguyz: 11:37am On Sep 25, 2013
yemi solar: The article does not say she still does those things neither does it say that she approves them
Am aware of that myself.

yemi solar: Frankly speaking, i don't understand why these gay people and proponents are trying so hard to push their vice down people's throat.
nobody is trying to push any vice down your throat, what is being shoved into to your throat is tolerance and acceptance of people with same-sex attraction

yemi solar: Why make so much effort to validate it if there is nothing wrong with it?
could you kindly quote any of my posts where i may have validated homosexual behaviour either expressly or implied? Thank you.

yemi solar:

I agree with you on that, but what i find hard to understand is why do proffesed christians still hate a "gayman" that has renounced his sinful lifestyle.
if a gay man comes out openly in your church and says he is born-again and confessess his past gaylife, would make him your bestfriend and still associate with him?
Be honest with yourself, God is watching you
Re: Juanita Bynum, Televangelist, Comes Out Of The Closet-'i've Been With Women' by yemisolar(m): 12:20pm On Sep 25, 2013
if a gay man comes out openly in your church and says he is born-again and confessess his past gaylife, would make him your bestfriend and still associate with him?
Be honest with yourself, God is watching you[/b][/quote]

in the eyes o God is being a gay greater a sin than petty theft? Or prostitution greater than untruthfulness!

The devil has not created a sin that the blood cannot wash clean. So why should i still hold a man for the sin for which God has forgiven him.
Re: Juanita Bynum, Televangelist, Comes Out Of The Closet-'i've Been With Women' by Yooguyz: 1:09pm On Sep 25, 2013
yemi solar: if a gay man comes out openly in your church and says he is born-again and confessess his past gaylife, would make him your bestfriend and still associate with him?
Be honest with yourself, God is watching you[/b]

in the eyes o God is being a gay greater a sin than petty theft? Or prostitution greater than untruthfulness!

The devil has not created a sin that the blood cannot wash clean. So why should i still hold a man for the sin for which God has forgiven him.
answer my question above ^^^ with a yes or no
Re: Juanita Bynum, Televangelist, Comes Out Of The Closet-'i've Been With Women' by An0nimus: 2:16pm On Sep 25, 2013
Yooguyz:
it seems like you don't understand what i mean't by the boldened above? Refer to the first page of the gaychatbox for any clarification.
The G-word is very easy to use. If i was implying your response ^^ i would have used it.
Enlighten me pls...what does 'woman of orientation' mean?.
Re: Juanita Bynum, Televangelist, Comes Out Of The Closet-'i've Been With Women' by Yooguyz: 5:13pm On Sep 25, 2013
An0nimus:
Enlighten me pls...what does 'woman of orientation' mean?.

By the term woman of Orientation, i mean a non-gay homosexual. Someone who is attracted to the samesex, like the person in op above but choses not to act on her samesex feelings like the Op above^^. And it has to be so because

1. Homosexuality is not a choice, but an Orientation.

2. The bible condemns same-sex behaviour

no same-sex behaviour + same-sex attraction [which is beyond your control]= Non-gay homosexual= woman/man of Orientation.

I hope i have cleared things up?

1 Like

Re: Juanita Bynum, Televangelist, Comes Out Of The Closet-'i've Been With Women' by An0nimus: 8:07pm On Sep 25, 2013
Thank you for trying to clear things up on 'Orientation' but then again I ask...if she's 'oriented' and as such chose not to act on her same sex feelings(according to your definition of 'orientation') why then did you bolden the following in the OP?

She also spoke of affairs she said she had with women.

2. "I've been with men and I've been with women".
Re: Juanita Bynum, Televangelist, Comes Out Of The Closet-'i've Been With Women' by Yooguyz: 12:45pm On Sep 26, 2013
An0nimus: Thank you for trying to clear things up on 'Orientation' but then again I ask...if she's 'oriented' and as such chose not to act on her same sex feelings(according to your definition of 'orientation') why then did you bolden the following in the OP?

She also spoke of affairs she said she had with women.

2. "I've been with men and I've been with women".

church people are usually discriminate and underate gay people who accept Jesus. Many of them smile when a gayman renounces his past life. But to accept and show love to that same person becomes an issue. They would puke at the very thought of that person winning souls and healing the sick. Don't you think that's hypocritical?

I bolded the above to prove that God can use a woman/man of orientation,
no matter their past life, no matter their weaknesses
Re: Juanita Bynum, Televangelist, Comes Out Of The Closet-'i've Been With Women' by An0nimus: 2:14pm On Sep 26, 2013
Yooguyz:
church people are usually discriminate and underate gay people who accept Jesus. Many of them smile when a gayman renounces his past life. But to accept and show love to that same person becomes an issue. They would puke at the very thought of that person winning souls and healing the sick. Don't you think that's hypocritical?

I bolded the above to prove that God can use a woman/man of orientation,
no matter their past life, no matter their weaknesses
The rant in the first paragraph wasn't necessary if you ask me. Nobody is discriminating here.

Another question pls (sorry I just need clarification.)smiley

Someone who is 'oriented' and one who has/has had affairs with men and women are they one and the same?
Re: Juanita Bynum, Televangelist, Comes Out Of The Closet-'i've Been With Women' by Yooguyz: 3:21pm On Sep 26, 2013
An0nimus:
The rant in the first paragraph wasn't necessary if you ask me. Nobody is discriminating here.

i don't agree with the boldened, the discrimination in NL alone is alarming!

An0nimus:
Another question pls (sorry I just need clarification.)smiley

Someone who is 'oriented' and one who has/has had affairs with men and women are they one and the same?
yes, they fall into that group
Re: Juanita Bynum, Televangelist, Comes Out Of The Closet-'i've Been With Women' by An0nimus: 8:01pm On Sep 26, 2013
Yooguyz:
i don't agree with the boldened, the discrimination in NL alone is alarming!

yes, they fall into that group
I give up.

(1) (Reply)

Black People Will Inherit Israel, Says The Bible / Residents Gather To See Stone With Image Of ''Jesus Christ'' In Ibadan. Photos / Which One Is More Serious 'a Sin' Or 'a Crime'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.