Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,382 members, 7,781,075 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:29 AM

Offline Downloading Or "fishing" - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Offline Downloading Or "fishing" (12775 Views)

Website For Downloading Korean Movies For Free.., / Downloading Vidoes From Youtube (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Offline Downloading Or "fishing" by dvbguy: 4:12pm On Jun 24, 2008
Hi all,

This thread is really a branch of the Free to air "Thread" on this forum.  Arguably we should get a forum dedicated to satellite activities to archive everything related to satellites.

Satellite fishing (grabing)! What is it?

To understand data grabing you must know how satellite communication works. To send data to satellites (can be any data) we use an Uplink Station which are located here on earth. The satellite in the Sky receives the data and then it retransmits it to the earth. This works perfectly for Video channels. But the uplink can contain any kind of data so why not use it for internet. But it works a bit differently than conventional internet where you send and receive data on the same line. In satellite internet you uplink data through your local internet (Dial-UP, ISDN,ADSL) and get the downstream from satellite. Why this complicated procedure why not use Uplink and Downlink from the satellite? It can be done but requires expensive equipment so every one cant afford such uplink hardware therefore we use the local uplink (normal dial-up) and then get the data (downloads) through satellite.

To get connected to the internet through satellites you will need the following:

a) Computer with a PC-DVB PCI card or USB box installed.
b) Dish pointed towards a satellite which contains data channels.

with these setup you will be required to pay a subscription for your access and you have the ability to BROWSE!

Now this same dvb Pc cards or boxes are use for satellite tv reception and so if you happen to have one for FTA purposes then with the correct software and provided your dish is pointed to a satellite with a data transponder  then you can literally benefit from the data transmissions (leech undecided) at no extra cost.

The data transmission includes all manner of files ranging from documents, movies, mp3's etc.

The programs that are used for the offline downloads can analyze the data to know their extension and hence associate a program to open them.There are quite a number of this programs out there with the authors being ruskies!

You can't BROWSE with this setup! But you can sure have some nice files and programs for free! You also don't have a say in what you get during offline downloading and it may be terminated by the one downloading too!

Equipment Detail

PC
The PC should be at least P3 or P4 with a lot of harddisk space since you can literally fill up 250gb in two days with good grabs or junk depending on how you have set up the fishing software.

The PC should have at least 512mb ram to prevent discontiniuity of your downloads which may come about from interuptions from other programs trying to access the PC memory at the same time - and discontinuities can render some files useless (eg. program or RAR files)

Dvb card
There are quite a number out there like technotrend, Huappage, Avermedia etc. I use a SDMC chip based card and I have put together some resources in respect of my card and hence I can easily give practical help to anyone with my type of card.

Software.
I use Progdvb to watch TV on PC with the card. Progdvb has a module that allows you to fish but you won't be satisfied with the result. There are stand alone programs like Manna, Skynet, Turbograbber, Skygrabber etc.

I have only been successful with Turbograbber as a stand alone program. It is good for beginners but it uses up too much CPU power. Manna is acclaimed to be good -but i haven't had any successes with it yet. Skynet is my program of choice. There is a module for Progdvb which i have been using - it uses less CPU and can easily be configured.

any queries and concerns? wait till i am online again! grin
Re: Offline Downloading Or "fishing" by obijack: 4:28pm On Jun 24, 2008
@dvbguy

this dvb card u wrote about
are they available here in Niaja and if so how much

secondly, does one need a satelite dish for this fishing thing.
Re: Offline Downloading Or "fishing" by FMarshal2(m): 4:37pm On Jun 24, 2008
@DVbguy!!!  grin That was an excellent write up, but don't fail to add that this is for testing purposes only as you do not subscribe or condone, encourage individuals from illegally intercepting satellite signals. That said, this should be a new area of testing for me. I will go to lyngsat and see what bird that meets the requirement for Satellite download testing here in North America. cool

@all,  We should all ask the Administrator of this site for a Satellite forum. There is no feature for PM on this board!!!! Does anyone know how to send a (PM) "Private message" on the Website?
Re: Offline Downloading Or "fishing" by FMarshal2(m): 4:43pm On Jun 24, 2008
obijack:

@dvbguy

this dvb card u wrote about
are they available here in Niaja and if so how much

secondly, does one need a satelite dish for this fishing thing.

dvbguy:

To get connected to the internet through satellites you will need the following:

a) Computer with a PC-DVB PCI card or USB box installed.
b) Dish pointed towards a satellite which contains data channels. 

Now this same dvb Pc cards or boxes are use for satellite tv reception and so if you happen to have one for FTA purposes then with the correct software and provided your dish is pointed to a satellite with a data transponder  then you can literally benefit from the data transmissions (leech ) at no extra cost.

The answer to your question is contained in DVbguy's original post. I don't mean to sound harsh. Please, read the post well before asking questions.
Re: Offline Downloading Or "fishing" by dvbguy: 4:55pm On Jun 24, 2008
@F_Marshal
Thanks

@all
This thread is for educational purposes ONLY! ( grin) any activity outside of the law is ILLEGAL and I don't CONDONE such activity! USE the INFORMATION at YOUR OWN RISK grin
Re: Offline Downloading Or "fishing" by dvbguy: 5:04pm On Jun 24, 2008
@obijack

i am in GH. but i imported my card and box since i couldn't find one locally. You should ask around for a DVB-S or DVB-S2 maybe u will have better luck.
Re: Offline Downloading Or "fishing" by FMarshal2(m): 5:07pm On Jun 24, 2008
dvbguy:

@obijack

i am in GH. but i imported my card and box since i couldn't find one locally. You should ask around for a DVB-S or DVB-S2 maybe u will have better luck.

DVBguy, please forgive my ignorance! embarassed Where is GH?
Re: Offline Downloading Or "fishing" by dvbguy: 5:18pm On Jun 24, 2008
@F_Marshal

my bad wink. Ghana.
Re: Offline Downloading Or "fishing" by FMarshal2(m): 5:21pm On Jun 24, 2008
dvbguy:

@F_Marshal

my bad wink. Ghana.
Oh! ok!! grin Thanks. grin
Re: Offline Downloading Or "fishing" by dvbguy: 5:37pm On Jun 24, 2008
Currently my set up is on W3A 7 east. TP 12520H, 27500.  I do get a lot of new releases - dvdrips as well as camrips(ie. avi and divx files) the downside is majority come in Fr or Rus language so i download the subtitles online to make it understandable. i guess a lot of the traffic on that bird orginates from our french speaking brothers. I stopped fishing for mp3's - i have too much now. and the folks on that sat are SMUT(Bleep) crazy - i delete way too much. i only fish for programs bigger than 300mb.

i have been trying other locations but i always revert back to W3a - it has the most active 'tcp threads'. i messed up my c-band lnbf so until i get a new one i am stuck on W3a.
Re: Offline Downloading Or "fishing" by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jun 24, 2008
Hi at dvbguy,
this's an interestn topic,dough av embarked on same research but i dropped it due 2 academics matters. skylogic on w3a provides such service u mentioned seems i hav 2 learn more frm u i think 4653x is dvb-s. will post more cop am posting frm my phone.
Re: Offline Downloading Or "fishing" by justx24(m): 6:38pm On Jun 24, 2008
@dvbguy

intresting , i was thinking this FTA has nothing for us who can't afford the space for nilesat. Anyway am all here with you. So bro , should be around Lagos searching for this dvb card. and i'll fill you in on all i can lay my hands on. What i have now is a 90cm dish on W3a and have a pc pentium 3, 800MHZ . Think i can upgrade that to suit the purpose.

Am here with you guys , lets dance,

justx24
Re: Offline Downloading Or "fishing" by FMarshal2(m): 7:15pm On Jun 24, 2008
dvbguy:

Currently my set up is on W3A 7 east. TP 12520H, 27500.  I do get a lot of new releases - dvdrips as well as camrips(ie. avi and divx files) the downside is majority come in Fr or Rus language so i download the subtitles online to make it understandable. i guess a lot of the traffic on that bird orginates from our french speaking brothers. I stopped fishing for mp3's - i have too much now. and the folks on that sat are SMUT(Bleep) crazy - i delete way too much. i only fish for programs bigger than 300mb.

i have been trying other locations but i always revert back to W3a - it has the most active 'tcp threads'. i messed up my c-band lnbf so until i get a new one i am stuck on W3a.

Lyngsat has the symbol rate as stated below with a "V" not H.

FREQ=12520 V  SR=27500-1/2

See Lyngsat http://www.lyngsat.com/ew3a.html
Re: Offline Downloading Or "fishing" by Gangsta101(m): 9:57pm On Jun 24, 2008
Great job Dvbguy

i knew there was more to satellite reception than just watching tv, this is an area am most definitely goin to put som time into. sorry but i'm gonna have to ask u alot of questions initially cos u r the expert for now. i use a laptop so i don't think i can connect a dvb card to it, but to ur knowledge, is there one i can connect to the laptop via say usb, i heard u mention something about usb. i'll go into town tomorrow and ask my satellite dealers if they have these stuff, will definitely get back to u
Re: Offline Downloading Or "fishing" by sfinxone(m): 11:01pm On Jun 24, 2008
smiley Hey, this seems like an interesting hubby to pick.

dvbguy, please what are the typical download speeds you get (say for example how long does it take you to grab a 700mb Movie?)
Re: Offline Downloading Or "fishing" by dvbguy: 10:12am On Jun 25, 2008
@sfinxone
the speed actually varies per the various users. the fastest i have seen so far is 115kps and usually movies (700mb or 1.37gb) from that IP takes about two to three hours. on the whole u've to be patient - that is why the term 'fishing'. I usually leave my setup on for about eight hrs and i end up with all kinds of files - the only thing is I have to be selective since my harddisk can't accomodate all the data that I grab. I imagine u can grab a lot if the setup is left on the whole day.

@all
this is what my DVB-S PCI card and USB box looks like. becareful they don't sell u the wrong gadget.

Re: Offline Downloading Or "fishing" by Ejike3: 2:22pm On Jun 25, 2008
This is intreasting cheesy To me it is a new development in the world of FTA, I hope the net (DVB-card) or the hook(DVB-USB) is available in Nigeria; with this we can go fishing.

@ Enitan
Bros what happened to your Glo line?
Re: Offline Downloading Or "fishing" by FMarshal2(m): 5:23pm On Jun 25, 2008
@ Dvbguy and Enitan2002. If I understand this correctly these DVD-S and DVB-S2 cards are capable of receiving both data and Satellite TV Signals?
Re: Offline Downloading Or "fishing" by dvbguy: 5:51pm On Jun 25, 2008
@F_Marshal
yes. it does everything a normal analog tv card or box does - the main diff. is that it works with satellite signals (dvb-S) and it also doubles up as data receiver. so u can actually use it as a PVR on ur PC to record programs.
Re: Offline Downloading Or "fishing" by samir101ng(m): 4:28am On Jun 27, 2008
@ dvbguy

Am very interested in satellite technology and have been tinkering around for a while. Am very interested in sharing ideas. My email is samir2002ng@yahoo.com. I have a Eurostar 2.4m dish with an X Satellite receiver. Using two lnbf (one c band and one ku band). My location is gombe state, nigeria. Am interested in getting a dvb-s pci card. Which manufacturer do you recommend and also can you give us a breakdown of your equipment together with manufacturer and model no. your location as you know is also a factor when using satellite communication. Hope to hear from you soon.
Re: Offline Downloading Or "fishing" by BUTONEDAY(m): 12:56pm On Jun 27, 2008
@dcb guy
Thanks very much for the mail. I found out some info which can help some of us with little or no knowledge about this fishing.

Digital Satellite TV Card is a professional digital satellite TV card which allows you to watch high quality digital TV simply on your PC.A great deal of practical functions such as instant recording,time-shifting,EPG,teletext?are easy to use by an amiable interface. In addition, brings ?Internet via satellite?into your PC, and you can surf on web at high download speed!

Features of a DVB S card includes:

High quality digital satellite TV & radio receiving (DVB-S)
High speed Internet via satellite -- You need to apply an Internet ISP account first
DVB data service
Instant recording -- Record digitally as MPEG II format. 1 hour digital TV program is about 1.7G
Schedule recording -- You can set your own recording list and playback whenever you like
Time-shifting -- You can pause live TV shows and never miss any marvelous moment!
Electronic program guide (EPG) -- EPG tables offer the most updated channel information
Teletext -- Teletext page is only available in certain areas
Still frame capture
Multi channel preview matrix
Support DiSEqC1.2 & USALS
Transponder & satellite auto scan
Viewing & schedule recording different channels simultaneously
16:9 wide screen
Multi-language output
Hot Keys
Favorite list
Video quality adjustment
MPEG II software decoding
Software upgradeable
Support remote control

System Requirements:

Windows 2000/XP
600MHz CPU or above
128M RAM or above
VGA Card with at least 8MB Memory
Sound Card
Microsoft Direct X 8.1 or above
Digital Satellite Dish & LNB

Included in Package of any DVB-S card bought:
Satellite Card
Remote control (Baterries included)
USB Remote Receiver
Quick installation guide
Installing CD
Re: Offline Downloading Or "fishing" by BUTONEDAY(m): 3:51pm On Jun 27, 2008
@dvbguy,
Please send me your phone number let's talk.
Re: Offline Downloading Or "fishing" by dvbguy: 3:55pm On Jun 27, 2008
@BUTONEDAY

are u on msn? pls drop it in my yahoo inbox so that we chat.
Re: Offline Downloading Or "fishing" by dvbguy: 4:12pm On Jun 27, 2008
@all
any luck with finding a PC dvb-S card or box yet? lets us know - before i start rolling out tutorials. grin

@samir101ng
my location is ghana. i use a variety of receivers - echostar, starsat and strong. I've dishes ranging from 1.8m to 60cm planning on upgrading to a bigger one. I use a P4 with dvb-S card and box.
Re: Offline Downloading Or "fishing" by dvbguy: 4:24pm On Jun 27, 2008
@BUTONEDAY
i have added ur yahoo add to my msn so u can chat with me via yahoo messenger. thx
Re: Offline Downloading Or "fishing" by Nobody: 6:58pm On Jun 27, 2008
@ dvdguy,

i have a pentium IV super slim desktop computer 1.8GHZ, 512MB of RAM, but 20GB of hard disk space, i will like to go into this, but i dont htink it's gonna be easy for us here in nigeria to get those peripherals u mentioned, and b4 i forget my system doest have a PCI slot,its just like a laptop, so can i get the USB type instead of the PCI type, and how can u help in assisting those intrested in getting them
Re: Offline Downloading Or "fishing" by justx24(m): 10:41am On Jun 28, 2008
For us in Nigeria , the first thing is getting this dvb-s card or usb box here in Nigeria , Let us all hit the markets and see what we can dig up. Have done some search on the internet , and i come across a few that will cost less than 50USD , now we talk about the shipping , which might be way expensive , cos it most be special postal service if u don't want to loose it , to NIPOST angry angry angry

Have check local computer shops in Ibadan , hope to visit Lagos Computer village soon , or maybe the Lagos guys can hit the ,market and keep us informed,

@dvbguy

Maybe you can check if u can get hold of this dvb-s card and USB for us, lets know the price and maybe we can work something out , oops , i think you said u ordered it , so give us the link where to order it from if not in our local market,

justx24
Re: Offline Downloading Or "fishing" by Gangsta101(m): 4:45pm On Jun 28, 2008
just finished walking round zaria, no one seems to have heard about this stuff. guess i'll have to order it. will enter kd tomorrow and do just that. will keep o guys informed.
Re: Offline Downloading Or "fishing" by Mustay(m): 7:57pm On Jun 29, 2008
@ F Marshal

You can contact the administrator of this site at
Re: Offline Downloading Or "fishing" by dvbguy: 9:57am On Jun 30, 2008
Re: Offline Downloading Or "fishing" by justx24(m): 10:09am On Jul 01, 2008
@DVBGUY

Want to ask you if i can use the dreambox Dm500 receiver for this fishing purpose too

http://dreambox-seller.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=12&Itemid=26

seem a very useful tool , widely use for card sharing stuff too , what do u say about its use for fishing , 'cos if it work i think i can go for it , about 200USD + shipping DHL, quite cheap i think ?

You can even see some model come with hard disk in them too , something like a laptop hard disk built into the dreambox. The Dm500 has no hard disk but some higher model those, very interesting undecided undecided undecided.

waiting for your response on this ,

justx24
Re: Offline Downloading Or "fishing" by dvbguy: 12:49pm On Jul 01, 2008
@justx24

that is unfamiliar waters for me. please google it and see. i believe u will come across something - there are a lot of resources out there. the only thing is majority are in russian so use google language tool to translate it and fight ur way through the translated version. grin

lets know of the outcome wink

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sites To Download Hollywood Movies / Nollywood Has Been Hijacked By Foreigners & TV Houses - Emeka Ike / Registration For Gulder Ultimate Search 10 Begins, Register Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.