Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,918 members, 7,806,672 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:28 PM

Can Marrying A White Woman (oyinbo) Put A Stop To My Political Dreams?? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can Marrying A White Woman (oyinbo) Put A Stop To My Political Dreams?? (1259 Views)

Adelabu Penkelemesi Is My Political Role Model — Obasanjo / I Don’t Know My Political Future – Fashola / Why Are People Not Commenting In My Political Posts? - Cramjones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Marrying A White Woman (oyinbo) Put A Stop To My Political Dreams?? by dhensity: 6:20pm On Sep 24, 2013
I recently got close to a british (white)...we ve been friend for months now, and apparently she likes me and i like her, i would love to take d friendship 2 anoda level, but i wud luv 2 go in2 politics some day in d future, nd i dont know if its possible to contest while having a white woman as a wife!! (incase it leads 2 marriage) ..please could having a white woman as a wife give problems in politics, contesting and all!!...??

I know of Oyo state governor having a lebanese as a wife tho.but in her case she has schooled and lived in Nigeria..she's even fluent in yoruba...u wud hardly know she's not a Nigerian.

pls share ur views!!

1 Like

Re: Can Marrying A White Woman (oyinbo) Put A Stop To My Political Dreams?? by Nobody: 6:31pm On Sep 24, 2013
Itz nah gonna b dat easy! Especialy wen she is nah used 2 our norms and way of life. 90% of Nigerians won't vote 4 U̶̲̥̅̊ kos most of ur decissions and policy will b more of d western world dan d Nigerian. An example is legalisation of abortion and homosexuality and others......having a white lady as a 1st lady(if U̶̲̥̅̊ will gonna b a governor) is also another sensitive issue. Itz like downgrading our Nigerian women. Nothing is impossible anyway but ur chances of winning is slim!

1 Like

Re: Can Marrying A White Woman (oyinbo) Put A Stop To My Political Dreams?? by madone: 7:04pm On Sep 24, 2013
Yes it will cos she can never communicate with the women folks even if she does ur opponents will plays against u will it

2 Likes

Re: Can Marrying A White Woman (oyinbo) Put A Stop To My Political Dreams?? by dhensity: 8:28pm On Sep 24, 2013
tnx...sigh!!
Re: Can Marrying A White Woman (oyinbo) Put A Stop To My Political Dreams?? by franktolk(m): 8:54pm On Sep 24, 2013
It will rather boost ur chances. Nigerians get easily fascinated when we see foreigners especially Caucasians that can spk our local dialect and know our cultures,norms and values. It's a plus

1 Like

Re: Can Marrying A White Woman (oyinbo) Put A Stop To My Political Dreams?? by Horus(m): 9:36pm On Sep 24, 2013
A white woman?, what a shame!
Re: Can Marrying A White Woman (oyinbo) Put A Stop To My Political Dreams?? by Nobody: 9:38pm On Sep 24, 2013
franktolk: It will rather boost ur chances. Nigerians get easily fascinated when we see foreigners especially Caucasians that can spk our local dialect and know our cultures,norms and values. It's a plus

Maybe you are those Nigerians who get carried away with the presence of foreigners!!...... i mean this opinion of yours is an aberration to common intelligence (no offences meant please).

2 Likes

Re: Can Marrying A White Woman (oyinbo) Put A Stop To My Political Dreams?? by Nobody: 9:49pm On Sep 24, 2013
@OP

Your question looks simple to the ears/eyes, but the weight of thourough consideration & reflection it carries is quite CHALLENGING.

One thing i can say is in today's world, i dont think such move can jeopardize your political ambitions. As you said, Ajimobi's wife is a non-Nigerian by origin . But now that the hubby is, do you expect him to renounce such union?...

Again, another point i d like to make is if Ajimobi himself was Lebanese, then that might be worth considering as something "somehow" DECISIVE. His wife's background wasnt a threat to his ambition, SO WHY WILL YOUR UNION WITH A BRITISH BE OF THREAT TO YOURS?..
and whereas Abacha was a Chadian by origin, hence NO!!!

I think you get the drift. wink

1 Like

Re: Can Marrying A White Woman (oyinbo) Put A Stop To My Political Dreams?? by bloggernaija: 10:13pm On Sep 24, 2013
Is politics a job or career?

1 Like

Re: Can Marrying A White Woman (oyinbo) Put A Stop To My Political Dreams?? by Nobody: 11:11pm On Sep 24, 2013
Is Florence Ajimobi Lebanese? Yea, I heard her parents originated from Lebanon, but she was born and bred in Ibadan. Hardly an "oyinbo" or "white"" woman if you ask me. She is more Nigerian than Obama is American..

As per how marrying an actual oyinbo woman might affect your political ambition, it all depends. Note that oyinbos are not allowed (statutorily, or so it seems) to enter military barracks/cantonments in Nigeria. Just make sure you become the president (or at least a governor or something along those lines). . .otherwise, you and your oyinbo wife might experience some embarrassing situations if your participation in politics is at a pedestrian level.

1 Like

Re: Can Marrying A White Woman (oyinbo) Put A Stop To My Political Dreams?? by Rossikk(m): 11:14pm On Sep 24, 2013
Whatever happened to marrying someone because your loved them unconditionally and wished to spend the the rest of your life with them?

The minute you start bringing in things like ''political considerations'' into the equation, you've lost your way.
Re: Can Marrying A White Woman (oyinbo) Put A Stop To My Political Dreams?? by DuduNegro: 1:10am On Sep 25, 2013
Good and bad responses here. Here is an ugly one!

Political careers in public administration is for uplifting and progressing your people, advocating and securing their interest first. Your white wife will be a possible accessory for Western intelligence or Corporatiins needing to obtain security information for political or economoc gain and that would compromise your position as defender of your people and electorate.

You can still marry here and be in politics, but stay out of public administration or elective office.
Re: Can Marrying A White Woman (oyinbo) Put A Stop To My Political Dreams?? by franktolk(m): 1:12am On Sep 25, 2013
St_Ichimaro.Gin:

Maybe you are those Nigerians who get carried away with the presence of foreigners!!...... i mean this opinion of yours is an aberration to common intelligence (no offences meant please).

Don't let ur ego be cloud ur sense of judgement my dear. It's a proven fact that Nigerians cherish anything foreign . Go round all sectors in NIGERIA u'll c foreign influence.
It has nothing to do with being carried away wth the presence of foreigners, the world is a global village, why do you think ur government is clamouring for foreign investments. If you don't know the world system and economies have gone far.
More so, where in the constitution of Nigeria is the office of first lady written. Is it the spouse that is contesting? I don't know y we tend to leave the real thing and be chasing shadows.....
Re: Can Marrying A White Woman (oyinbo) Put A Stop To My Political Dreams?? by tpia5: 1:32am On Sep 25, 2013
nigeria itself was named by a white lady, so what kind of question is this.

is the op nigerian, or just bush.

1 Like

Re: Can Marrying A White Woman (oyinbo) Put A Stop To My Political Dreams?? by Horus(m): 1:39am On Sep 25, 2013
A white woman?, End Time Woman!. From Political dreams to Political nightmares shocked

(1) (Reply)

APC Disagrees That Today Is President Jonathan's Birthday / Nollywood Actor Kenneth Okonkwo Takes OBJ To The Cleaners- AIT NOW / The Chronicle Of Lamentations According To The Book Of PDP By The e-rats & Birds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.