Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,252 members, 7,780,537 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:02 PM

Laundry Services: How do you cope with erratic power, & make profit? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Laundry Services: How do you cope with erratic power, & make profit? (14673 Views)

How Can I Invest A N100,000 And Make Profit Without Working / Advice On Opening Of Laundry Services / Effect Of Erratic Power Supply In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Laundry Services: How do you cope with erratic power, & make profit? by steve10(m): 11:04pm On Sep 24, 2013
Laundry business is one cool to put some cash in your pocket. However, the power problem in Nigeria is slowing the
Business down.

Providers in the house: how do you overcome this challenge?

1 Like

Re: Laundry Services: How do you cope with erratic power, & make profit? by Inosenduatall: 10:35am On Sep 25, 2013
A generator would solve the problem. Alternatively a stove iron would suffice in the interim.

1 Like

Re: Laundry Services: How do you cope with erratic power, & make profit? by busybrains: 10:51am On Sep 26, 2013
Good morning NLers I think this thread has enormous potential. If you are in the business or interested in going into laundry service let us all converge here and share our ideas, challenges and experiences.
Re: Laundry Services: How do you cope with erratic power, & make profit? by steve10(m): 2:36pm On Sep 26, 2013
I saw an advert online, an iron( pressing iron) they said it uses generator (small tiger) any one that have use it or come across it should pls share his experience
Or her experience.
This will help to reduce power challenge.
Re: Laundry Services: How do you cope with erratic power, & make profit? by BabaAlabi: 9:27pm On Sep 26, 2013
Use a Charcoal Iron or fold the clothes and put it under your pillow.

1 Like

Re: Laundry Services: How do you cope with erratic power, & make profit? by dgysoft(m): 9:32pm On Sep 26, 2013
odi egwu.

1 Like

Re: Laundry Services: How do you cope with erratic power, & make profit? by Wendyslim(f): 9:33pm On Sep 26, 2013
The best solution is to use charcoal iron. It requires only energy and charcoal
Re: Laundry Services: How do you cope with erratic power, & make profit? by sakaguchi(m): 9:35pm On Sep 26, 2013
Boring thread***yAwNs*** who even brought this to front page uh?
Re: Laundry Services: How do you cope with erratic power, & make profit? by kokoye(m): 9:36pm On Sep 26, 2013
Any country (with a sizable ammount of oil or other natural resources) that has its citizens generating their own power for survival is worse than a 3rd world country.

5 Likes

Re: Laundry Services: How do you cope with erratic power, & make profit? by Originalsly: 9:38pm On Sep 26, 2013
Hmmm....charcoal iron for modern clothing materials

1 Like

Re: Laundry Services: How do you cope with erratic power, & make profit? by SBJoji(m): 9:40pm On Sep 26, 2013
One thing I hate in my life is to sit down and wash my clothes as well as iron dem so I have to tek dem 2 laundry nd their prblm is dat d cloths wl nt b well washed...so ol I do is 2 tek a single coth I'll wear nd wash it on dat day

1 Like

Re: Laundry Services: How do you cope with erratic power, & make profit? by alienware(m): 9:40pm On Sep 26, 2013
kokoye: Any country (with a sizable ammount of oil or other natural resources) that has its citizens generating their own power for survival is worse than a 3rd world country.
lol @ kokoye.
Re: Laundry Services: How do you cope with erratic power, & make profit? by Nobody: 9:41pm On Sep 26, 2013
ABEG!!! knowledgable post please... angry cool
Re: Laundry Services: How do you cope with erratic power, & make profit? by martyns303(m): 9:51pm On Sep 26, 2013
Have u ever been to a tailoring store? How often do they use electric iron?
Re: Laundry Services: How do you cope with erratic power, & make profit? by amilak: 9:57pm On Sep 26, 2013
The wash the clothes without nepa now, dry it under the ssun, and use stove iron to finish them up grin
Re: Laundry Services: How do you cope with erratic power, & make profit? by valmunich(m): 9:57pm On Sep 26, 2013
Why wait for nepa?? Na stove sure pass.
Re: Laundry Services: How do you cope with erratic power, & make profit? by Drdreluv: 10:01pm On Sep 26, 2013
Up nepa ++
Re: Laundry Services: How do you cope with erratic power, & make profit? by swhiss: 10:03pm On Sep 26, 2013
Xsolutions: ABEG!!! knowledgable post please... angry cool

it is so knowledgable becuz the ideas u will get from people into the laundry service will enlighten u on hw to derive maximum profits irrespective of ur line of business, knowing that the poor power supply posses a great challege to almost all businesses in this country of ours!
Re: Laundry Services: How do you cope with erratic power, & make profit? by OlowoB(m): 10:04pm On Sep 26, 2013
steve10: I saw an advert online, an iron( pressing iron) they said it uses generator (small tiger) any one that have use it or come across it should pls share his experience
Or her experience.

Yeah, I have also heard abt d iron also,according 2 wat I heard, u would regulate d voltage of d iron 2 dat of d small gen kind of, but I don't knw if d iron is very durable
Re: Laundry Services: How do you cope with erratic power, & make profit? by shagaman: 10:05pm On Sep 26, 2013
I saw an advert online, an iron( pressing iron) they said it uses generator (small tiger) any one that have use it or come across it should pls share his experience
Or her experience.

Please dont use it oooo,the useless iron condemed my generator engine oooo.
Re: Laundry Services: How do you cope with erratic power, & make profit? by oniwo(m): 10:09pm On Sep 26, 2013
I have a dry cleaning centre here in Asaba. The profit is still there unlike when there is stable light. For example for 25 shirts & 25 trousers. Cost of services.
One Big Cameroon soap #120
One heavy spray starch #350
5 litres of Fuel #500
5 Big gallon of water #25
Polythene bag and Nylon #300
Total cost #1295.
Revenue #300 * 25 = #7500
Profit #6200 for 25 up & down

2 Likes

Re: Laundry Services: How do you cope with erratic power, & make profit? by kneatswan: 10:09pm On Sep 26, 2013
We are tired. God ll' fight 4 us
Re: Laundry Services: How do you cope with erratic power, & make profit? by 3ace(m): 10:10pm On Sep 26, 2013
sakaguchi: Boring thread***yAwNs*** who even brought this to front page uh?
Why wouldn't it be boring when you're still being fed by your parents.

23 Likes

Re: Laundry Services: How do you cope with erratic power, & make profit? by mkoabiola: 10:19pm On Sep 26, 2013
Hw do u spread d clothe to prevent d mall thievies,who ar jobless but looking for wat to steal.Jus asking#
Hw much do u charge? For washing n ironing.
Re: Laundry Services: How do you cope with erratic power, & make profit? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 10:19pm On Sep 26, 2013
Reserved.
Re: Laundry Services: How do you cope with erratic power, & make profit? by Nobody: 10:20pm On Sep 26, 2013
Re: Laundry Services: How do you cope with erratic power, & make profit? by ginstinct(m): 10:21pm On Sep 26, 2013
oniwo: I have a dry cleaning centre here in Asaba. The profit is still there unlike when there is stable light. For example for 25 shirts & 25 trousers. Cost of services.
One Big Cameroon soap #120
One heavy spray starch #350
5 litres of Fuel #500
5 Big gallon of water #25
Polythene bag and Nylon #300
Total cost #1295.
Revenue #300 * 25 = #7500
Profit #6200 for 25 up & down
Really cool... Also thinking of starting one soon.
Re: Laundry Services: How do you cope with erratic power, & make profit? by Morgan1092(m): 10:23pm On Sep 26, 2013
Wendyslim: The best solution is to use charcoal iron. It requires only energy and charcoal
Not everybody can iron cloth well wit. B4 u end up saying "Oga am sorry"

1 Like

Re: Laundry Services: How do you cope with erratic power, & make profit? by oniwo(m): 10:25pm On Sep 26, 2013
mko abiola: Hw do u spread d clothe to prevent d mall thievies,who ar jobless but looking for wat to steal.Jus asking#
Hw much do u charge? For washing n ironing.
Used drying machine
Re: Laundry Services: How do you cope with erratic power, & make profit? by everyday: 10:26pm On Sep 26, 2013
I have always been interested in the laundry business but the erratic power supply we have in this country is discouraging
Re: Laundry Services: How do you cope with erratic power, & make profit? by oniwo(m): 10:28pm On Sep 26, 2013
g.instinct:

Really cool... Also thinking of starting one soon.
If put everything in position. Pple will continue patronizing ur shop.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

CBN Reports Upsurge In Dollar Inflow / Banks Outwit Each Other In Chase For State Accounts. / Shell To Divest Onshore Oil Stakes In Nigeria, Open Talks With FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.