Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,071 members, 7,807,206 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:06 AM

Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? (12282 Views)

Is Jesus Really God? / Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ / Is Anointing Oil Still Relevant In The New Testament? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by Nobody: 10:51am On Nov 13, 2013
Lincoln burrows:

How do u want this proof to be like? Do u want God to appear to you and say "rudedough here am I" or do u want him to knock u down on your way to Damascus and tell u how u are persecuting him? grin .

See you in the evening. I'm late for work already

Proof should be concrete not superstitions. I have given examples of scientific evolutions, I even went a little further to explain how water evolved on earth using the chemical properties of water and a realistic example of how water form overnight.

I need to be convinced beyond reasonable doubt of Jesus and God's relevance and/or existence. Cos I'm not buying that "God said let there be water and there was water" $hit. That's pretty lame IMO.

Hope to hear from you when you're done with work.

Cheers
Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by Nobody: 11:02am On Nov 13, 2013
GODWINGODSON:
Pls give your life back to CHRIST he will welcome you with open arms what if heaven and hell exists why not just GIVE YOUR LIFE TO CHRIST YOU'LL NOT BE DISSAPOINTED I LOVE YOU JESUS LOVES YOU

Stop asking the freeman who luckily made it out of the bondage of Christianity to go back to where he will be subjected to the fear of the unknown hell fire, fire and brimstone, devil's fork, torture, crying and gnashing of teeth etc. while you and your pastor reap him off of 10% of his paycheck and other extra donations.

You yourself need help to get out of the bondage of Christianity my friend. You are not doing God's work, you're only enriching the pot belle of your pastor.
Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by Ozichim(m): 11:07am On Nov 13, 2013
rudedough:

Proof should be concrete not superstitions. I have given examples of scientific evolutions, I even went a little further to explain how water evolved on earth using the chemical properties of water and a realistic example of how water form overnight.

I need to be convinced beyond reasonable doubt of Jesus and God's relevance and/or existence. Cos I'm not buying that "God said let there be water and there was water" $hit. That's pretty lame IMO.

Cheers

Human should be able to proove that they may be able to manufacture a human leg with blood or an eye in future. that is to say, that, even though it does't exist now, can they do it in future.
People that douted the existense of micro-organism becouse they did not see it were actually over trusting their eyes and have been disappointed. that you cannot fly does not mean that it is impossible for human to fly. My Man "there is God"

Jesus is God and He has prooved that there is God by the things He did.
Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by ebonylady4real(f): 11:17am On Nov 13, 2013
rudedough:

Who gave you the right to choose for everyone?

We all need JESUS OXYGEN. grin

wat religion do u practice? or u dont @ all?
Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by Nobody: 11:17am On Nov 13, 2013
Ozichim:

Human should be able to proove that they may be able to manufacture a human leg with blood or an eye in future. that is to say, that, even though it does't exist now, can they do it in future.
People that douted the existense of micro-organism becouse they did not see it were actually over trusting their eyes and have been disappointed. that you cannot fly does not mean that it is impossible for human to fly. My Man "there is God"

Abeg carry this your market woman style of debate commot for my front make I see road jor. grin grin

Let me discuss with the Oga at the top that is more educated or rather civil in his approach to a debate that criticises his religion.
Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by Nobody: 11:19am On Nov 13, 2013
ebonylady4real:

wat religion do u practice? or u dont @ all?

Is there anything like a religion of reality with a scope of Science? Maybe when I occastrate a name i'll tell you grin grin
Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by Ozichim(m): 11:36am On Nov 13, 2013
rudedough:

Abeg carry this your market woman style of debate commot for my front make I see road jor. grin grin

Let me discuss with the Oga at the top that is more educated or rather civil in his approach to a debate that criticises his religion.
Rom 1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

Col 1:16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by Nobody: 11:45am On Nov 13, 2013
Ozichim:
Rom 1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

Col 1:16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

Enough of this madness already. grin grin

Can't you point out God's existence or relevance in reality without reading from the useless storybook bible?

You seriously need a therapist
Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by Ozichim(m): 12:06pm On Nov 13, 2013
rudedough:

Enough of this madness already. grin grin

Can't you point out God's existence or relevance in reality without reading from the useless storybook bible?

You seriously need a therapist

If I give you history book to read about pasian kings you will gladly do that, but to read from Bible is prohibited by you. If I tell anything about emperor Contantine or Julius Ceaser or Napoleon you will gladly take it, but it is crime by you to Accept Jesus Christ in your life or to believe that He exist or to believe anything recorded in the Bible.

Tangible thing is that it was recoded that He(Jesus) raised dead people from death. He healed the cripple etc. He parted the sea for the Jews to cross. etc
Check yourself and what you believe, you want to hold onto what you believe.

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by Nobody: 1:13pm On Nov 13, 2013
Ozichim:

If I give you history book to read about pasian kings you will gladly do that, but to read from Bible is prohibited by you. If I tell anything about emperor Contantine or Julius Ceaser or Napoleon you will gladly take it, but it is crime by you to Accept Jesus Christ in your life or to believe that He exist or to believe anything recorded in the Bible.

Tangible thing is that it was recoded that He(Jesus) raised dead people from death. He healed the cripple etc. He parted the sea for the Jews to cross. etc
Check yourself and what you believe, you want to hold onto what you believe.

[b]Anytime I read your comment, I wonder if I'm having a fight with a typical yoruba market woman. Are you a market woman? Or do you live close to the market? grin

Your arguments are more or less as useless as your story holy book. I have read about Julius Ceasar, Napoleon and Constantine but none of these gentlemen are asking me to part with 10% of my paycheck.

It is very necessary for Jesus to pass through every stipe scrutiny to ascertain the value of my investment for the purchase of salvation and the golden room in his kingdom. grin grin

I didn't know Jesus heals the sick, make the blind to see, cure leprosy, raise the dead etc. but couldn't cure a broken wrist. Pope Benedict XVI was admitted to the hospital because of a broken wrist. Vatican prime minister has just been discharged after a surgery at the hospital.

Science has done you folks too much good yet you show no gratitude. This is just how ungrateful man is.

Christians should be praying in the name of Albert Einstein and not in Jesus's name. That's like telling the carpenter thank you when it was the hammer that did all the work.

I'll advice you to go argue with your fellow market women cos this debate is for broad shoulder-ed men with balls. grin True story.
[/b]
Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by Ozichim(m): 2:25pm On Nov 13, 2013
rudedough:

[b]Anytime I read your comment, I wonder if I'm having a fight with a typical yoruba market woman. Are you a market woman? Or do you live close to the market? grin

Your arguments are more or less as useless as your story holy book. I have read about Julius Ceasar, Napoleon and Constantine but none of these gentlemen are asking me to part with 10% of my paycheck.

It is very necessary for Jesus to pass through every stipe scrutiny to ascertain the value of my investment for the purchase of salvation and the golden room in his kingdom. grin grin

I didn't know Jesus heals the sick, make the blind to see, cure leprosy, raise the dead etc. but couldn't cure a broken wrist. Pope Benedict XVI was admitted to the hospital because of a broken wrist. Vatican prime minister has just been discharged after a surgery at the hospital.

Science has done you folks too much good yet you show no gratitude. This is just how ungrateful man is.

Christians should be praying in the name of Albert Einstein and not in Jesus's name. That's like telling the carpenter thank you when it was the hammer that did all the work.

I'll advice you to go argue with your fellow market women cos this debate is for broad shoulder-ed men with balls. grin True story.
[/b]
You believe that there is no God is your own faith, your faith has nothing to do with the existence of God. it does not increase or diminish the fact that there is God.
Repent and be saved or Continue in your witchcraft and be darmed for the rest of your life.
You still retain the right to make your choice, do not bother to argue again on this.
Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by Nobody: 11:28pm On Nov 13, 2013
Ozichim:
You believe that there is no God is your own faith, your faith has nothing to do with the existence of God. it does not increase or diminish the fact that there is God.
Repent and be saved or Continue in your witchcraft and be darmed for the rest of your life.
You still retain the right to make your choice, do not bother to argue again on this.

Your madness is out of this world. So anyone who doesn't believe in your Jesus is the devil and would be "darmed for life" (Whatever that means). Muslims, Buddhist, Hindus, Rastaferians, etc

If your God is real and you were created in his own image and likeness and you are a God under the order of Melchizedek, stop using Scientific tools, use God's tools like Moses's rod, Elijah's mantle, etc.

Use God's power to communicate with me. Stop using computers and cellphones, they are devil's tools

Use God's healing power to fix your Pope's broken wrist and the vertican PM. Stop using hospitals, they're devil's tools too.

Use God's disappearing / Appearing power to travel from point A to point B, stop using cars. They're of the devil

.... and many others.

Until then, ask your God to shut the F@ck up. His teachings have ruined this generation already.

2 Likes

Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by Lincolnburrows(m): 6:40am On Nov 14, 2013
rudedough:

Cheers

Sorry I didn't get back to you on time. I had a stressful day. Now back to the main issue.

Is there any actual scientific proof that God does not exist? No.

Nearly every scientist agrees that the universe had a beginning. The most widely accepted explanation is the Big Bang theory or some variation of it. The question is: What made the bang? If you hear a noise you look for the cause for a little bang, then doesn't it also make sense that there would be a cause for the big bang? Stephen Hawking states, "Almost everyone now believes that the universe, and time itself, had a beginning at the Big Bang." Now let me ask you, "Suppose you suddenly hear a loud bang... and you ask me, 'What made that bang?' and I reply, 'Nothing, it just happened.' You would not accept that."

This is like a pot proving the existence of a potter. We can only get to the knowledge availed to us by our creator. But science wouldn't believe that. Instead it chooses to believe that every mysterious thing (like the orderliness of nature) has no supernatural being factor and would be made known when science discovers it!

I think the onus lies more on atheists to prove to the majority of theists that there is no God since more than 85% are theist and less than 15% are atheist.

If u were born in a typical Nigerian village, you will agree with me that there is a lot of supernatural activities going on there. It ranges from killing people with charms, making one barren, striking pin illness etc. all these happen with just incantations and divinations(without any physical contact). Some folks seek protection supernaturally by getting ode-eshi(supernatural bullet proof vest). When there are occasions, people pay some native doctors to prevent rain from spoiling their show(and please don't give me that your scientific explanation of how u can make cloud thicker and rain fall in an area. Because you have not tried it).

I made mention of all these cos they all happen outside the world of science. This is also where the name Jesus is relevant. That name has become a shield and a protector to many.

Now bro, even I cannot prove God's existence or what have you, u can't deny that there is power attached to the name of Jesus.

I still have a lot to say but I gotta go now. I'm late again for work.

To be continued...
Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by ghostofsparta(m): 8:33am On Nov 14, 2013
Ozichim:

Where you there or told about the things he did, I would rather believe OdinAllfather who fulfilled his promise to wiped all the Ice Giants than Jesus who promised the end of all wicked people.

ebonylady4real: wat religion do u practice? or u dont @ all?
Must everything living practice a religion? IF your answer is Yes, then I'll like to know which religion do reptiles practice?

Lincoln burrows: Is there any actual scientific proof that God does not exist?
. O yakpa. There a countless scientific proof that Yah.weh aka Je.Hov do not exists. However, there are proof that will convince even the Pope that Sango, Amadioha and Ogun still exists.

Lincoln burrows:
Nearly every scientist agrees that the universe had a beginning. The most widely accepted explanation is the Big Bang theory or some variation of it. The question is: What made the bang? If you hear a noise you look for the cause for a little bang, then doesn't it also make sense that there would be a cause for the big bang? Stephen Hawking states, "Almost everyone now believes that the universe, and time itself, had a beginning at the Big Bang." Now let me ask you, "Suppose you suddenly hear a loud bang... and you ask me, 'What made that bang?' and I reply, 'Nothing, it just happened.' You would not accept that.".

Okay if I get you correctly...So you are trying to usurp the efforts of science abi? Una no dey get shame sef. Haba! So na your Jewish God kon make big bang abi, a God that can't even defend his chosen people when the Nazis were gassing them death at Auschwitz, na him go kon dey responsible for big bang. Ode buruku. O ma kpinu. Why didn't your Abrahamic God revealed, or at least hinted about the Big Bang to those ashish smoking so believed inspired bible writers back then. You are an unthinking, brainwashed black slave, abeg commot for here Jor.
Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by MrAboki: 8:37am On Nov 14, 2013
khalidqudus: Good morning Nairalanders, my topic was born of a deep thought on our world today and the role of Jesus in it. Do we need Jesus? What does it mean if I dont receive this Jesus?

Who is Jesus?
Jesus according to the bible; the only book through which we all got to know about God: He is the Son of God
Is it true?
Yes it is true
1. why is it that when you face any trouble and you shout Jesus or pray concerning any matter in the name of Jesus, there seem to be a spiritual intervention...so He is truly the Son of God.
2. When at night you sleep and something's trying or pressing you and you're trying to shout Jesus it seems to be difficult(I'll explain this in my other articles), if the name is not poowerful the devil wont try to keep you shut.

What relevance is He to us today?
In our world today where it seems like those who do spiritual stuffs are in charge and truly they are, what's His role? Those who are acquainted with Jesus seem to run to Church for protection when there is some spiritual forces after them but thats not why Jesus came; He came so we can be in charge. How?
Simple, first you have to be born again, secondly you need to have a bible to know who a christian really is and what have been given to him as benefits of being a christian, thirdly learn to use the name of Jesus ( devils and the realm of the spiritual conform to the will of those that use this name)
Thank you so much.

Funny stuff..

I cant even believe that you Niggas still believe that you get 'pressed' in your sleep.. Is that like getting a massage or what?! How does this pressing affect you?!

Religion ingeneral are not important to our existence today.

Just imagine if Jesus had come today, he would not had any relevance and his journey would have been very tough because everything he did that amazed people of old, people have done them today. Jesus changed water to Wine at a wedding and the bible called it a miracle, Chris Angel change water to wine and we called it a magic trick. Jesus walked on water and his disciples trembled, Chris Angel walked on water and people called it a magic trick. Jesus fed a multitude with 5 fishes and everyone clapped, Dynamo (magician impossible) performed an even cooler trick with a bucket of ending fishes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mONuUu1erk

Jesus did weird tricks and people called it a Miracle... Others perform the same tricks or even better and we call it the Devil.

The entire bible is filled with unverifiable claims. If it were today that Sodom & Gommorah happened, scientists would have gone to investigate just to be sure that they werent sitting in an active volcano area.

Jesus ascended into heaven = Miracle..

Dynamo & Chris Angel levitate and its the devil

Who is kidding who?!

Jesus asks that we mimick eating his flesh and drinking his blood = Holy Communion

Clifford Orji eats human beings = Mentally disturb, possesed, cannibal

All religion asks that you do is believe tin the supernatural and hope that when you die, you get to live in mansions in the sky in perpetual happiness. REALLY!!!??

Has anybody bothered to think that through? How possible is a truly egalitarian society?! Where everyone is equal and happy?! NOOOO! It cant exist. Infact, the bible does not even say that Heaven will be such a place as some people will have more stars on their crowns than others. That already places them on a higher echelon than the rest. Now if we will still be humans (with feelings, emotions, nrains, e.t.c), then after a while, we would become insatiable and want more..

Why focus on intangible thing slike Heaven and hell when you have a life to live here?!
Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by ghostofsparta(m): 8:44am On Nov 14, 2013
Mr Aboki:

Funny stuff..

I cant even believe that you Niggas still believe that you get 'pressed' in your sleep.. Is that like getting a massage or what?! How does this pressing affect you?!

Religion ingeneral are not important to our existence today.

Just imagine if Jesus had come today, he would not had any relevance and his journey would have been very tough because everything he did that amazed people of old, people have done them today. Jesus changed water to Wine at a wedding and the bible called it a miracle, Chris Angel change water to wine and we called it a magic trick. Jesus walked on water and his disciples trembled, Chris Angel walked on water and people called it a magic trick. Jesus fed a multitude with 5 fishes and everyone clapped, Dynamo (magician impossible) performed an even cooler trick with a bucket of ending fishes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mONuUu1erk

Jesus did weird tricks and people called it a Miracle... Others perform the same tricks or even better and we call it the Devil.

The entire bible is filled with unverifiable claims. If it were today that Sodom & Gommorah happened, scientists would have gone to investigate just to be sure that they werent sitting in an active volcano area.

Jesus ascended into heaven = Miracle..

Dynamo & Chris Angel levitate and its the devil

Who is kidding who?!

Jesus asks that we mimick eating his flesh and drinking his blood = Holy Communion

Clifford Orji eats human beings = Mentally disturb, possesed, cannibal

All religion asks that you do is believe tin the supernatural and hope that when you die, you get to live in mansions in the sky in perpetual happiness. REALLY!!!??

Has anybody bothered to think that through? How possible is a truly egalitarian society?! Where everyone is equal and happy?! NOOOO! It cant exist. Infact, the bible does not even say that Heaven will be such a place as some people will have more stars on their crowns than others. That already places them on a higher echelon than the rest. Now if we will still be humans (with feelings, emotions, nrains, e.t.c), then after a while, we would become insatiable and want more..

Why focus on intangible thing slike Heaven and hell when you have a life to live here?!

Mr. Aboki you funny o. Appreciate your rib-cracking analogy. But come to think of it sef. Shebi all those feats you cited na tricks and illusions. People dey for Yorubaland here wey fit do pass tenfolds of wetin Jesus do. I have seen an illiterate with no education in a village sort-of-like environment proved his doubters wrong by claiming he also can walk on water. And he did it the next day. My brother he didn't use plexiglass o like them Criss Angel. This one na African Advanced Science wey some brainwashed people prefer to dey call 'juju power'.

As for your Clifford Orji reference, he's too recent. Ever read about the Infamous Scottish cannibal by the name 'Sean Bean'?
Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by peterphd(m): 10:43am On Nov 14, 2013
@ghostofsparta

I still await your reply on the swearing by local deity thread.
Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by ghostofsparta(m): 12:56pm On Nov 14, 2013
peterphd: @ghostofsparta

I still await your reply on the swearing by local deity thread.

Replied. https://www.nairaland.com/961735/nigeria-better-off-leaders-swears/3#19530049
Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by Roeek: 1:01pm On Nov 14, 2013
rudedough:

Cheers

be careful not to sin against the Holy Spirit wen talkin abt evolution nd all dat
Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by Nobody: 1:20pm On Nov 14, 2013
Roeek:

be careful not to sin against the Holy Spirit wen talkin abt evolution nd all dat

Which holy spirit? The 3 in 1 knockout God or which one? grin
Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by Ozichim(m): 2:11pm On Nov 14, 2013
rudedough:

Which holy spirit? The 3 in 1 knockout God or which one? grin

This boy, So you are still on this. Stop hiding, tell everybody what you are. Why can't you be bold to tell people what you are and what you are doing?
Forget arguing, believe there is no God and continue in your witchcraft.
Why do you want to believe there is God now?
You want to force everybody to believe with you that there is no God; you seem to be a tyrant at age 20. Who are you parents and what do they do, they are occult members, tell us the truth if your care.
Wise baby, You are too intelligent and wise to believe there is God.
Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by Nobody: 2:29pm On Nov 14, 2013
Ozichim:

This boy, So you are still on this. Stop hiding, tell everybody what you are. Why can't you be bold to tell people what you are and what you are doing?
Forget arguing, believe there is no God and continue in your witchcraft.
Why do you want to believe there is God now?
You want to force everybody to believe with you that there is no God; you seem to be a tyrant at age 20. Who are you parents and what do they do, they are occult members, tell us the truth if your care.
Wise baby, You are too intelligent and wise to believe there is God.

grin grin grin grin
Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by Ozichim(m): 4:30pm On Nov 14, 2013
rudedough:

grin grin grin grin
Only a fool says in His heart, “there is no God”. Ps 14:1,
Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by Nobody: 4:32pm On Nov 14, 2013
Ozichim:
Only a fool says in His heart, “there is no God”. Ps 14:1,

I've been busy today, I still haven't replied the Oga at the top but be rest assured that I'll get back to you when I have the time.
Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by Lincolnburrows(m): 9:46pm On Nov 14, 2013
ghostofsparta:

Where you there or told about the things he did, I would rather believe OdinAllfather who fulfilled his promise to wiped all the Ice Giants than Jesus who promised the end of all wicked people.

Must everything living practice a religion? IF your answer is Yes, then I'll like to know which religion do reptiles practice?

. O yakpa. There a countless scientific proof that Yah.weh aka Je.Hov do not exists. However, there are proof that will convince even the Pope that Sango, Amadioha and Ogun still exists.

Okay if I get you correctly...So you are trying to usurp the efforts of science abi? Una no dey get shame sef. Haba! So na your Jewish God kon make big bang abi, a God that can't even defend his chosen people when the Nazis were gassing them death at Auschwitz, na him go kon dey responsible for big bang. Ode buruku. O ma kpinu. Why didn't your Abrahamic God revealed, or at least hinted about the Big Bang to those ashish smoking so believed inspired bible writers back then. You are an unthinking, brainwashed black slave, abeg commot for here Jor.

I wouldn't be surprised if I got to know that you reason through your anus. That's even easier to prove than God's existence.

O yakpa. There a countless scientific proof that Yah.weh aka Je.Hov do not exists. However, there are proof that will convince even the Pope that Sango, Amadioha and Ogun still exists. just like there are countless proof that Jehovah God exists. We are talking about a compelling proof that will erase all iota of doubt and not just mere proofs like you claim.

Don't even know where u stand. You believe that Sango, amadioha and ogun exist yet u don't believe that God exists. For your information, atheists don't believe all those stuffs including supernatural occurrence.
Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by ghostofsparta(m): 3:01am On Nov 16, 2013
Lincoln burrows:
just like there are countless proof that Jehovah God exists.
Proof such as those who killed infidels and sacked countless settlements during the Crusades, all in the name of God (Jeovah/Yahweh). Yeah you right, proof such as the torturings, hanging and burning of thousands of women believed to be heretics for using herbs to cure diseases and ailments, all in the name of God. Proof such as those who justified black enslavement citing passages in the Bible to back it up. All in the name of God. You peeps aren't so different from your looney cousin reigning now.

Lincoln burrows:
We are talking about a compelling proof that will erase all iota of doubt and not just mere proofs like you claim.
I'd like to know. Don't go mentioning mountains and seas else you will have to explain why he'd (Yahweh) allowed hurricanes, tornadoes and earth quakes to kill unjustly.

Lincoln burrows: Don't even know where u stand. You believe that Sango, amadioha and ogun exist yet u don't believe that God exists. For your information, atheists don't believe all those stuffs including supernatural occurrence.
I articulately know where I stand and have stood. I believe in a God, not just your megalomaniacal, misogynistic, blood-loving, infanticidal, plague-causing, antropomorphic bully inside that popular book of tales called The Holy Bible.

Bonus:
If you want prove of Shango, Ogun or Amadioha. It's very simple. I'm sure you ought to have spotted their shrines in the public somewhere around. Just go there alone, or with your most faithful Jesus believer, example of desecration you could do is to spit, stone it or urinate over it. Nobody, not even their devotee and priest will hurt you like you religionists always do to defend your blood sucking Middle east idol. But, I assure you the deity will give you a reply. PROVED.
Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by Lincolnburrows(m): 7:21am On Nov 16, 2013
ghostofsparta:
Proof such as those who killed infidels and sacked countless settlements during the Crusades, all in the name of God (Jeovah/Yahweh). Yeah you right, proof such as the torturings, hanging and burning of thousands of women believed to be heretics for using herbs to cure diseases and ailments, all in the name of God. Proof such as those who justified black enslavement citing passages in the Bible to back it up. All in the name of God. You peeps aren't so different from your looney cousin reigning now.

I'd like to know. Don't go mentioning mountains and seas else you will have to explain why he'd (Yahweh) allowed hurricanes, tornadoes and earth quakes to kill unjustly.

I articulately know where I stand and have stood. I believe in a God, not just your megalomaniacal, misogynistic, blood-loving, infanticidal, plague-causing, antropomorphic bully inside that popular book of tales called The Holy Bible.

Bonus:
If you want prove of Shango, Ogun or Amadioha. It's very simple. I'm sure you ought to have spotted their shrines in the public somewhere around. Just go there alone, or with your most faithful Jesus believer, example of desecration you could do is to spit, stone it or urinate over it. Nobody, not even their devotee and priest will hurt you like you religionists always do to defend your blood sucking Middle east idol. But, I assure you the deity will give you a reply. PROVED.
Ok then, yours is a different ball game. You are not an atheist, you only chose to serve the devil. And you are looking for more people in the kingdom of darkness. So there is no need to argue with you. I argue with atheists because theirs are more of human reasoning and logic.
Re: Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? by ghostofsparta(m): 9:32am On Nov 16, 2013
Lincoln burrows:
Ok then, yours is a different ball game.
No I prefer Pro Evolution Soccer, because it's more dynamic than Fifa. Ode

Lincoln burrows:
You are not an atheist
Again, I'm only atheistic towards Abrahamic religions (Judaism/Islam & Christianity)

Lincoln burrows:
you only chose to serve the devil.
Hahahaha! Devil ke, hope say no be that character wey de for that storybook? Cos I don't believe he exist just as Doomsday don't exist which is even more fearful it makes your the devil so nice. And if by any chance you're referring to D12's track: American Psycho, yeah I like Eminem a lot, but I don't serve him. Go figure. Devil's Night went platinum too.

Lincoln burrows:
And you are looking for more people in the kingdom of darkness.
Hahaha! Guy stop cracking my rib na. Going by your shallow statements, thus Nigeria harbors more people into the kingdom of darkness. Electricity supply has been lacking in my locality for a year and some months now.

Lincoln burrows:
So there is no need to argue with you.
Like you even made any point.

Lincoln burrows:
I argue with atheists because theirs are more of human reasoning and logic.
Na lie. You enjoy them poking @ your Jewish religion. You are a faith sadist who relish in atheists making you feel pain inside. If it was for their reasoning and logic you like arguing with atheists, what about polytheists, taoists, pantheists, Shintoists, henotheists, Hindus, agnostics etc ? Are you saying they don't have logic and reasoning to not accept Jesus and acknowledge the desert deity of the Jews: Yahweh/Jeovah?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

What If You Were Left Behind After Rapture? / Six Important Things You Should Put In Mind Before Raising A Christian Family. / Help Contact Dr Olukoya Of Mfm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.