Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,778 members, 7,806,155 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:11 PM

Lagos Tops Debt List Of States In Nigeria -see Full List - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Tops Debt List Of States In Nigeria -see Full List (1990 Views)

Latest Ranking Of States By Financial Sustainability, Debt And IGR (PICS) / Lagos Tops Nigeria's Most Indepted States (see Full List) / Lagos Tops IGR Report (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Tops Debt List Of States In Nigeria -see Full List by Nobody: 3:03am On Sep 25, 2013
Over the years, many state government during the
military era borrowed fund from international donors to
financed projects, these funds formed the subject of
debate which eventually the debt was cancelled during
former president Obasanjo administration who campaign
and canvassed earnestly for it. As soon as these was
done, a number of state governors using various
developmental plans as an excuse, has borrowed again
to fund real and fathom projects.
A greater chunk of these funds have been traced to their
bank accounts within and outside the shores of this
country. Today after pains staking and diligent
investigation by Ekwere007live.com crack reporters, we
present to you our esteemed reader the indebtedness of
your state and what is left for next generation by state
governors.
Here is the presentation below on a party by party
basis:-
PDP States
1] Kano (PDP) owes $61.7million
2] Katsina (PDP) owes $74.6million
3] Akwa Ibom (PDP) owes $61.6 million
4] Cross River (PDP) owes $113million
5] Kebbi (PDP) owes $47.8million
6] Kogi (PDP) owes $33.8million
7] Niger (PDP) owes $29.7million
8] Kwara (PDP) owes $45.5million
9] Kaduna (PDP) owes $215.6million
10] Plateau (PDP) owes $21.9million
11] Rivers (PDP) owes $36.6million
12] Jigawa (PDP) owes $33.6million
13] Gombe (PDP)owes $31.7million
14] Enugu (PDP) owes $50million
15] Delta (PDP) owes $18.9million
APC States
16] Lagos (APC) owes $611.2 million
17] Nassarawa (APC) owes $36.9 million
18] Ogun (APC) owes $102million
19] Osun (APC) owes $62.7million
20] Oyo (APC) owes $76.6million
21] Edo (APC) owes $42.7 million.
22] Ekiti (APC) owes $36.1million
APGA And Labour State(s)
23] Ondo (LP) owes $51.8 million
24] Imo (APGA) owes $51.9million
25] Anambra (APGA) owes $26.7million
=> Like this Article? Hit the Like Button below!

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Tops Debt List Of States In Nigeria -see Full List by Nobody: 3:06am On Sep 25, 2013
Re: Lagos Tops Debt List Of States In Nigeria -see Full List by Akpaife(m): 4:24am On Sep 25, 2013
Clik like if u tin obi is working

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Tops Debt List Of States In Nigeria -see Full List by Nobody: 4:37am On Sep 25, 2013
This is the area I commend my governor Peter Obi. I'm sure Chris Ngige borrowed that 26billion during his corrupt tenure undecided
Re: Lagos Tops Debt List Of States In Nigeria -see Full List by ochilikoko(m): 4:43am On Sep 25, 2013
Idi Amin: This is the area I commend my governor Peter Obi. I'm sure Chris Ngige borrowed that 26billion during his corrupt tenure undecided
@ point my brother.but to think of this,Lagos shouldn't av been upto dis if d Internal generated Revenues ar being well itilized
Re: Lagos Tops Debt List Of States In Nigeria -see Full List by bashydemy(m): 4:49am On Sep 25, 2013
arrant nonsense, Any source to your claim OP
Re: Lagos Tops Debt List Of States In Nigeria -see Full List by Temismith(f): 5:02am On Sep 25, 2013
Ok! Pictures pls undecided
Re: Lagos Tops Debt List Of States In Nigeria -see Full List by Symphony007: 5:13am On Sep 25, 2013
So akwa ibom is not the size of rivers state, operates a similar budget and yet still has more debt. What have they to show for all the money? Why has'nt a thread comparing akwa ibom to rwanda been setup? Most of you folks here are bloody hypocrits, so next time, when you spew your rubbish, i'll consider it as a fart in the wind.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Tops Debt List Of States In Nigeria -see Full List by WildChild00(m): 5:21am On Sep 25, 2013
Oni-Igbese for the next governor that is coming in to replace Fashola, wat about their "internally generated revenue"? Wat happened to it?
Re: Lagos Tops Debt List Of States In Nigeria -see Full List by Nobody: 5:58am On Sep 25, 2013
WildChild00: Oni-Igbese for the next governor that is coming in to replace Fashola, wat about their "internally generated revenue"? Wat happened to it?
Hahahaha grin grin grin grin
All na IGR
Re: Lagos Tops Debt List Of States In Nigeria -see Full List by Nobody: 6:06am On Sep 25, 2013
So,all the money that cross river and akwa ibom states gets...they still need to borrow? And @op, lagos did not "top the list" as the topic says
Re: Lagos Tops Debt List Of States In Nigeria -see Full List by Nobody: 6:16am On Sep 25, 2013
liberty300: So,all the money that cross river and akwa ibom states gets...they still need to borrow? And @op, lagos did not "top the list" as the topic says
Lagos owes $611 million-the highest of any state.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Tops Debt List Of States In Nigeria -see Full List by Mynd44: 6:21am On Sep 25, 2013
Obviously the OP knows next to nothing about debt management. You should ask yourself this "Is Lagos capable of paying back the debt it owes in the long run?"

1 Like

Re: Lagos Tops Debt List Of States In Nigeria -see Full List by spade: 6:23am On Sep 25, 2013
Jeez! How did Kaduna and Ogun's debt profiles get to 215 million and 102 million respectively?

Are they building spaceships or what? undecided
Re: Lagos Tops Debt List Of States In Nigeria -see Full List by Nobody: 6:24am On Sep 25, 2013
CFCfan:
ooohh...did not see that bro, thanks for the correction
Re: Lagos Tops Debt List Of States In Nigeria -see Full List by Nobody: 6:30am On Sep 25, 2013
liberty300: ooohh...did not see that bro, thanks for the correction
You're welcome.
Lagos's GDP is around $87bn, which means the debt is less than 1% of GDP; therefore the debt is not close to a yoke on the LASG.
Re: Lagos Tops Debt List Of States In Nigeria -see Full List by Mynd44: 6:31am On Sep 25, 2013
Mynd_44: Obviously the OP knows next to nothing about debt management. You should ask yourself this "Is Lagos capable of paying back the debt it owes in the long run?"
CFCfan:
You're welcome.
Lagos's GDP is around $87bn, which means the debt is less than 10% of GDP; therefore the debt is not close to a yoke on the LASG.
Re: Lagos Tops Debt List Of States In Nigeria -see Full List by primusmaximus: 6:35am On Sep 25, 2013
CFCfan:
You're welcome.
Lagos's GDP is around $87bn, which means the debt is less than 10% of GDP; therefore the debt is not close to a yoke on the LASG.
Less than 1% actually... If the GDP is indeed $87bn
Re: Lagos Tops Debt List Of States In Nigeria -see Full List by lanrefront1(m): 6:40am On Sep 25, 2013
Mynd_44: Obviously the OP knows next to nothing about debt management. You should ask yourself this "Is Lagos capable of paying back the debt it owes in the long run?"

what the are you talking about? Any state on Nigeria can be crippled with a debt of over 600 million dollars. But the real question is this: what the Lagos state did with that huge amount of money? We are talking about N97 760 000 000. I don't think it's commensurate with the amount of development in the state.
Re: Lagos Tops Debt List Of States In Nigeria -see Full List by Nobody: 6:45am On Sep 25, 2013
primus_maximus:
Less than 1% actually... If the GDP is indeed $87bn
Correct. The likes of Greece and the U.S. would want to be in LASG's position. The National debt here in the U.S. is now greater than the GDP shocked
Re: Lagos Tops Debt List Of States In Nigeria -see Full List by kenbee(f): 6:55am On Sep 25, 2013
This report made nonsense of much talked about performing Gov.
Large mouthed Governors & their borrow-borrow!

Thumb up to the most prudent Governor!
Re: Lagos Tops Debt List Of States In Nigeria -see Full List by Nobody: 7:01am On Sep 25, 2013
Are my eyes deceiving me or what? I didn't see Ebonyi there shockedshocked
Re: Lagos Tops Debt List Of States In Nigeria -see Full List by Nobody: 7:01am On Sep 25, 2013
CFCfan:
You're welcome.
Lagos's GDP is around $87bn, which means the debt is less than 1% of GDP; therefore the debt is not close to a yoke on the LASG.
it's a damn shame bro. Worst part is no one has even bothered to ask Lagos state government Wat dey r doin wit d cash.
Re: Lagos Tops Debt List Of States In Nigeria -see Full List by Nobody: 7:03am On Sep 25, 2013
CFCfan:
i tink kadunna is higher sha....wonder how dey'll pay up. @least lagos can try to pay off
Re: Lagos Tops Debt List Of States In Nigeria -see Full List by abjpropagent: 7:06am On Sep 25, 2013
menh, this is a wah tin
Re: Lagos Tops Debt List Of States In Nigeria -see Full List by Nobody: 7:10am On Sep 25, 2013
liberty300: i tink kadunna is higher sha....wonder how dey'll pay up. @least lagos can try to pay off
Kaduna owes $215.6million
Re: Lagos Tops Debt List Of States In Nigeria -see Full List by mrking3(m): 7:18am On Sep 25, 2013
ABIA is apparently missing on that List!!!
Re: Lagos Tops Debt List Of States In Nigeria -see Full List by 9jaboy007: 7:18am On Sep 25, 2013
some persons are justfying ASUU for been on strike
LAGOs,a state that has less than 1 percent of gdp as dept is very good cos u cnt run a goverment without dept
ANAMBRA; for those of u saying peter obi is bad then u are all fools
Re: Lagos Tops Debt List Of States In Nigeria -see Full List by Delafruita(m): 7:19am On Sep 25, 2013
liberty300: it's a damn shame bro. Worst part is no one has even bothered to ask Lagos state government Wat dey r doin wit d cash.
why don't you bother asking?then we can ask you if you expect lagos to survive on 7billion federal allocation and 20billion naira IGR.besides most of those loans include issued bonds which already have a mode of payment.it also includes the world bank loan for the badagry expressway which should ordinarily be a federal road.or did you expect the 7billion federal allocation to cater for the massive wage bill,maintain current infrastructure and still embark on capital projects for almost 15million lagos inhabitants?the important thing is that the loans are taken for capital projects which are well thought out,well planned and well executed.the debt of lagos state isn't a huge burden as its still well within its acceptable debt limit.Its just like a civil servant screaming that aliko dangote takes a $9billion loanand then starts to proclaim that its a huge burden on him.its just laughable.the real question here should be why states like akwa-ibom,bayelsa and co still have to owe such amounts which is a burden since they have next to xero IGR and their only means of repayment is their federal allocation which ordinarily should mean they shouldn't require any loans

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Tops Debt List Of States In Nigeria -see Full List by gratiaeo(m): 7:19am On Sep 25, 2013
The question should be what are they doing with the money not weather they can or not able to pay the money
Re: Lagos Tops Debt List Of States In Nigeria -see Full List by GeneralJ(m): 7:19am On Sep 25, 2013
Pictures or it didn't happen
Re: Lagos Tops Debt List Of States In Nigeria -see Full List by ronalmagic10(m): 7:22am On Sep 25, 2013
This write-up is very mischievous. Why did the writer classify the debts by political parties? Does the state use their political party registration certificates to collect loans? I have no doubt that this article is malicious and intended to discredit Lagos state government. I'm a centrist- unlike many people on NL- but i just want to point out something.

US and japan have a total debt of about/over $28trillion. Will you then say their economies are insolvent. Of course not! International lenders are prepared to give them more because they have the capability to pay back

States like bayelsa, delta, rivers etc get more federal allocation than lagos state yet lagos has more population. Do you expect them not to borrow? Frankly speaking, is Lagos state not better than before?

Maybe the money might sound too much but I believe that an intelligent leader like fashola knows what he is doing. Lets leave them to their work. He is not clueless

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Amaechi Is Always Ahead Of Presidency. ~david West / The Unethical Selection Of The New Uniabuja VC / When Will Our Military Officers Serve Nigerians Like This.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.