Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,759 members, 7,798,540 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:11 AM

Two Unilorin Students Construct Aircraft Prototype (MUST SEE) - Entertainment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Two Unilorin Students Construct Aircraft Prototype (MUST SEE) (790 Views)

KTVU Punk'd Over Asiana Aircraft Pilot's Names (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Two Unilorin Students Construct Aircraft Prototype (MUST SEE) by obynocj(m): 7:31am On Sep 25, 2013
The students created the prototype as their final year project.
Two 500-level students of the Department of Mechanical Engineering at the University of Ilorin, Ali David and Patrick Effiong, have constructed an aircraft prototype....
The duo told journalists in Ilorin that they had nurtured the passion to construct the aircraft when they were in 100 level, adding that it was now their final year project.
Mr. David noted that many of his colleagues were skeptical when they first broached the subject, adding that they were not deterred by the challenges they faced.
“What we are actually working on is a machine that will lift up itself through the law of aerodynamics and having an engine, a propeller and the fuselage,” he added.
Mr. Effiong, on his part, said: “With some of our lecturers backing us, we were motivated; we decided that we can carry out the construction.
“Ali brought the idea to me that he had the dream of constructing an aircraft, but I didn’t really buy the idea then and I thought he had forgotten about it.
“So when we got to 400 level, he raised the idea again.’’
Also speaking with newsmen, the project supervisor, Tajudeen Ajiboye, said the students had demonstrated a high level of intellectualism inspite of the challenges they faced.
Mr. Ajiboye, who said the students were faced with the problems of materials and manpower at the initial stage, commended them for their tenacity to accomplish the project.
View The Portrait View below:
source http://insideschoolz..com/2013/09/two-unilorin-students-construct.html
source

Re: Two Unilorin Students Construct Aircraft Prototype (MUST SEE) by venatus25(m): 7:47am On Sep 25, 2013
abeg mek una no vex, na weytin be the meaning of prototype? This big english wey them de use here don tire me.
Re: Two Unilorin Students Construct Aircraft Prototype (MUST SEE) by Omexonomy: 8:08am On Sep 25, 2013
They should fly it first b4 running to the press.
venatus25: abeg mek una no vex, na weytin be the meaning of prototype? This big english wey them de use here don tire me.

(1) (Reply)

Why I Fired My PA! / 50 Cent's Manager Is Found Dead In Apparent Suicide / Save Bc Film Press Release

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.