Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,471 members, 7,808,696 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:33 PM

FG To Regulate Use Of Social Media In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Regulate Use Of Social Media In Nigeria (13759 Views)

Government To Regulate Use Of Whatsapp, BBM, Facebook, Skype / Nigeria May Regulate Use Of Whatsapp, BBM, Facebook, Skype In Country / Dokpesi: Money I Received Was For Publicity And Media In Political Campaigns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG To Regulate Use Of Social Media In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:36am On Sep 25, 2013
FG plans to regulate use of social media in Nigeria

at Wednesday, September 25, 2013

⁠

The Bureau of Public Enterprises says it plans to roll out policies and the legal framework for the regulation of the social media in Nigeria.

Director General of the privatisation agency, Mr. Benjamin Dikki, said this at a retreat for non-management staff of the organisation, according to a statement made available to our correspondent in Abuja on Tuesday by BPE spokesman, Mr. Chigbo Anichebe.

At the retreat, held at Kuchikau, Nasarawa State, Dikki frowned on the unregulated posting of what he called offensive materials on the various social networking sites.

Dikki said this plan was in line with BPE’s reform mandate to initiate necessary policies and the legal framework for the regulation of the social media in the country.

He said, “As it now obtains, all manner of things are uploaded on the various platforms of the social media without recourse to age and sensibilities of the users. This is not good enough.”

http://www.nigerianeye.com/2013/09/fg-plans-to-regulate-use-of-social.html
Re: FG To Regulate Use Of Social Media In Nigeria by Mynd44: 7:39am On Sep 25, 2013
I will love to see them try

18 Likes

Re: FG To Regulate Use Of Social Media In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:42am On Sep 25, 2013
I guess they will start with Nairaland's tribalists

3 Likes

Re: FG To Regulate Use Of Social Media In Nigeria by Okijajuju1(m): 7:45am On Sep 25, 2013
COMING SOON:: FEDERAL MINISTRY OF SOCIAL NETWORK... grin

Please Jonathan should start by regulating his Facebook posts & how Abati speaks, before controlling others.. angry

35 Likes

Re: FG To Regulate Use Of Social Media In Nigeria by homesteady(m): 7:47am On Sep 25, 2013
Hmm! Not possible! undecided
Re: FG To Regulate Use Of Social Media In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:49am On Sep 25, 2013
Am waiting for them on nairaland! angry grin

2 Likes

Re: FG To Regulate Use Of Social Media In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:57am On Sep 25, 2013
Waiting to see how grinundecided

They'd start from NL
Re: FG To Regulate Use Of Social Media In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:00am On Sep 25, 2013
Hope its goin to work out

1 Like

Re: FG To Regulate Use Of Social Media In Nigeria by chymystique(f): 8:03am On Sep 25, 2013
Misplaced Priorities by the FG.... undecided undecided

And BTW wahs d role of BPE in Nigeria.. Wetin concern dem and social networks.. ...

Kasikwa undecided

9 Likes

Re: FG To Regulate Use Of Social Media In Nigeria by fuadnero(m): 8:04am On Sep 25, 2013
I laugh in Hindi, make we see who go lose

1 Like

Re: FG To Regulate Use Of Social Media In Nigeria by Burger01(m): 8:04am On Sep 25, 2013
Nairaland don enter wahala be that.. So i nor go fit curse some govt people and some Nlanders on this media be that. Fvck!

angry

2 Likes

Re: FG To Regulate Use Of Social Media In Nigeria by 9jii(m): 8:06am On Sep 25, 2013
The one last thing for Nigerians to enjoy.
They are going to ruin it like what boko boys did to maiduguri

3 Likes

Re: FG To Regulate Use Of Social Media In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:08am On Sep 25, 2013
The children molesters are at it again.

4 Likes

Re: FG To Regulate Use Of Social Media In Nigeria by Stallion77(f): 8:10am On Sep 25, 2013
Is it by Megabytes or what?

3 Likes

Re: FG To Regulate Use Of Social Media In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:23am On Sep 25, 2013
I'm not aware of any government that has successfully regulated social media anywhere, except for China.

Is Nigeria becoming autocratic?

1 Like

Re: FG To Regulate Use Of Social Media In Nigeria by Anyi3(m): 8:26am On Sep 25, 2013
So now that BPE has nothing more to sell in this country, they're sinking to this low level.
News Flash for them-this ain't North Korea, this is a free country

7 Likes

Re: FG To Regulate Use Of Social Media In Nigeria by ogb5(m): 8:45am On Sep 25, 2013
Anyi.:
So now that BPE has nothing more to sell in this country, they're sinking to this low level.
News Flash for them-this ain't North Korea, this is a free country

too much lies online. There is no absolute freedom anyway, post trash online in the us, you get sued big time. Make a google search for terrorist materials, the feds will pay you a visit.
Re: FG To Regulate Use Of Social Media In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:52am On Sep 25, 2013
berem: Am waiting for them on nairaland! angry grin
Sexkillz would enforce it here on nl grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: FG To Regulate Use Of Social Media In Nigeria by Sunymoore(m): 8:56am On Sep 25, 2013
Haha
Re: FG To Regulate Use Of Social Media In Nigeria by vedaxcool(m): 9:19am On Sep 25, 2013
When is FG going to regulate Asari dokubo and other harmful ND groups who are posting harmful material on the Nigerian Media?

12 Likes

Re: FG To Regulate Use Of Social Media In Nigeria by Omen100(m): 9:26am On Sep 25, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: FG To Regulate Use Of Social Media In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:33am On Sep 25, 2013
Stallion77: Is it by Megabytes or what?

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: FG To Regulate Use Of Social Media In Nigeria by brownlord: 9:33am On Sep 25, 2013
BPE ke, so dem finish with takin blood pressure finish? This govt. Won dull my only way when I fit take dey vent my fraustration. This govt is wicked.

Abeg na which position I take

1 Like

Re: FG To Regulate Use Of Social Media In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:38am On Sep 25, 2013
chukwudi44:
Sexkillz would enforce it here on nl grin grin grin
That would make it more interesting! grin
Re: FG To Regulate Use Of Social Media In Nigeria by Samgreguc(m): 9:39am On Sep 25, 2013
DAY DREAMERS!

mtcheew..... we need our freedom of speech jaweh

2 Likes

Re: FG To Regulate Use Of Social Media In Nigeria by Tittos: 9:44am On Sep 25, 2013
When did it become the job of the BPE to carry out such policies..am certain this man is broke and just wants more money..This is how it's going to pan out. He will write a very interesting proposal and make a good presentation to the FEC. Jonathan in his usual desperation to curtail the amount of insults he receives will immediately dull out huge cash to the BPE to actualize this however impossible project. Fast forward 5 years later this Benjamin Dikko will be a billionaire hustling for presidency or a senate position

6 Likes

Re: FG To Regulate Use Of Social Media In Nigeria by AbuMikey(m): 9:50am On Sep 25, 2013
**Now Playing Yung L' =Fever**

Hayce!!!!
Re: FG To Regulate Use Of Social Media In Nigeria by Brimmie(m): 9:55am On Sep 25, 2013
Wetin concern them?
Re: FG To Regulate Use Of Social Media In Nigeria by omenka(m): 10:13am On Sep 25, 2013
Usual dictatorial mentality. We are waiting for you guys.
Re: FG To Regulate Use Of Social Media In Nigeria by okooloyun1(m): 10:15am On Sep 25, 2013
Hope they do something to ETT crew and team Just passing on NL just tired of them.
Re: FG To Regulate Use Of Social Media In Nigeria by smemud(m): 10:23am On Sep 25, 2013
They should regulate corruption first

2 Likes

Re: FG To Regulate Use Of Social Media In Nigeria by jamace(m): 10:23am On Sep 25, 2013
Ha ha ha grin grin grin I laugh in WA-ZO-BIA!! grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fashola, The Man Who Transformed Lagos - Matthew Green Of Financial Times / Ondo APC Expels Success Torukerijoh For Anti-Party Activities / 2023: Atiku Selfish, Fled To Dubai After 2019 Poll, Can't Be Trusted - Afegbua

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.