Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,582 members, 7,809,112 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:34 PM

Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. - Career (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. (254314 Views)

Graduate Interns At HCDC Limited / Salary of Federal Hospital Interns In Nigeria? / Pharmacists And Pharmaceutical Aspirants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (88) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Rexsul: 2:59am On Dec 25, 2013
Tommybob: yu really tried
.. God ll surely hlp yu nd we ll ol celebrate soon
amen ooooo tnx a lot
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Breezy90(m): 9:55am On Dec 25, 2013
merry xmas and a happy newyear to all the rxist in d house.u guys rock.one love ya all

1 Like

Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by DJMONACO(m): 11:58am On Dec 25, 2013
keep d gudwork going
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Gerrard59(m): 2:56pm On Dec 25, 2013
Merry Xmas men & women of honour ~ wisher you the best of the yuletide season.

Finished paying my anti-rioting fee, even though i and riot are parallel.

Waiting for school to resume.

As usual we ___ ___
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Homguy(m): 1:45pm On Dec 26, 2013
Hello house, i would appreciate advice from all but most especially community pharmacists.

At present, am a pharmacist intern. I intend to start a small chemist or pharmacy and/stores with at least 500k, But i would appreciate advice, and experiences as regards risks,profit margin and other variables i might encounter..
P.s; any suggestions as to any other secure ventures i could enter during this time would be appreciated. Thanks
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by adeoladrg(m): 5:14pm On Dec 27, 2013
Location is key bro. Do u av a nice location? How many community pharmacies are around ur location? How many hospitals are around?
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 5:47pm On Dec 27, 2013
How does a hospital affect it??.... Is it +vely or negatively?
adeola_drg: Location is key bro. Do u av a nice location? How many community pharmacies are around ur location? How many hospitals are around?
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Homguy(m): 6:06pm On Dec 27, 2013
adeola_drg: Location is key bro. Do u av a nice location? How many community pharmacies are around ur location? How many hospitals are around?
i believe presence of hospital is good, but does apart from competition, how presence of other comm. Pharmacies affect my outlet? Thanks
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by adeoladrg(m): 7:54pm On Dec 27, 2013
At the sight of the faculty exams timetable, the reality of leaving home to start burning the midnight candles after 6 months of being shot out of the academic environment suddenly dawned on me.
I couldn’t believe my eyes as I stood speechless and helpless staring at the notice board to catch a better view of the ill-timed timetable. I wished I had someone to tell me it was a dream or better still that the exams timetable was for the post graduate students. But found none to rid my mind of the unwanted reality- a reality that is now spreading its tentacles to pitch a permanent tent in my head. The departmental offices were locked up; the secretaries had gone on Christmas holiday. Except for the Dean’s and faculty officer’s doors that were flung open to enable students complete their regularization exercise. I couldn’t reach the timetable officer to ask questions or lodge complaints.
‘PCH 401 and 301 on January 2nd? Why would the department fix exams for such a time as a day after the New Year? A time when many students including my humble self are lost in the deep waters of merriment’ I thought to myself. ‘the timetable officer is not sensitive to the plight of the students. Abi na we send them make them go on strike?’ I thought further as I walked down the dusty stairs of the faculty building.
I was half way down the stairs when I heard what appeared like the sound of angry mob. The sound came so hard that I contemplated running upstairs to F.O’s office take refuge. As I stood half way dazed both by the trauma of the “untimely timetable” and the deafening echoes of the sound of the unseen angry mob, I heard yet another sound. This time a deep masculine voice, it was the voice of a 300level student who had led the aggrieved students in a protest. he left them some meters behind. They had come to complete their regularization exercise.
‘Mr President, is it true that the exams timetable is out, and that we have a paper on the 2nd of January?’ he thundered charging at me like a castrated dog. He was sweating profusely, his eyes were as red as a burning coal; he was panting like an athlete who just completed a marathon race. I could see the pains in their eyes. I could feel the anger in their voice. Their countenance was coated with so much rage and disappointment. I was quiet for some time mapping out strategies in my head to arrest the mounting chaos.
“can we have some quiet?” I thundered back. ‘I want to crave your indulgence to exercise some patience. We are professionals and men of high repute and as highly esteemed professionals, we must not engage in acts capable of soiling the hard earned name of the pharmacy profession’, I said, to calm their nerves. “friends, it is against our professional ethics to protest’ I added. ‘I have seen the timetable, I have identified the problem and can assure you that something will be done to correct it as soon as possible’ I added so soothingly.
As I was rounding up my address, the foundation Dean, Prof. Mrs Femi-Oyewo drove in to the faculty. On seeing her, everyone including the protest leader fled, some leaving their course forms and other items behind.
‘Who were those unprofessional animals that were disturbing the peace of the faculty?’ mama roared. I had never seen her in such angry mood before. Fear gripped me.
I was about to mutter something out when she said, ‘get me their names’. Ok ma. I reached out for my bag, brought out a pen and a sheet of paper. I penned down their names according to the level of arrogance displayed. Starting with the leader, I was on number four when my friend woke me up with the shout of merry Christmas. Oh! It was a dream……..hahahaha. sorry I took your time. No timetable for anywhere oooooooo. Merry Christmas and happy new year in advance... Written by my PANS president.. Enjoy.

6 Likes

Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by adeoladrg(m): 7:56pm On Dec 27, 2013
Homguy: i believe presence of hospital is good, but does apart from competition, how presence of other comm. Pharmacies affect my outlet? Thanks

Pricing. Yes pricing. If another pharmacy around gets his drug at a cheaper rate, he can decide to bring down his price drastically, which u may not be able to do. Availability of uncommon drugs.
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 8:23pm On Dec 27, 2013
I love that piece @adeola. Lolz
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by tolurx(m): 8:48pm On Dec 27, 2013
nice one@ adeola.
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by stefikal(f): 11:15pm On Dec 27, 2013
tolurx: nice one@ adeola.
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Samgreguc(m): 5:00am On Dec 28, 2013
adeola_drg: At the sight of the faculty exams timetable, the reality of leaving home to start burning the midnight candles after 6 months of being shot out of the academic environment suddenly dawned on me.
I couldn’t believe my eyes as I stood speechless and helpless staring at the notice board to catch a better view of the ill-timed timetable. I wished I had someone to tell me it was a dream or better still that the exams timetable was for the post graduate students. But found none to rid my mind of the unwanted reality- a reality that is now spreading its tentacles to pitch a permanent tent in my head. The departmental offices were locked up; the secretaries had gone on Christmas holiday. Except for the Dean’s and faculty officer’s doors that were flung open to enable students complete their regularization exercise. I couldn’t reach the timetable officer to ask questions or lodge complaints.
‘PCH 401 and 301 on January 2nd? Why would the department fix exams for such a time as a day after the New Year? A time when many students including my humble self are lost in the deep waters of merriment’ I thought to myself. ‘the timetable officer is not sensitive to the plight of the students. Abi na we send them make them go on strike?’ I thought further as I walked down the dusty stairs of the faculty building.
I was half way down the stairs when I heard what appeared like the sound of angry mob. The sound came so hard that I contemplated running upstairs to F.O’s office take refuge. As I stood half way dazed both by the trauma of the “untimely timetable” and the deafening echoes of the sound of the unseen angry mob, I heard yet another sound. This time a deep masculine voice, it was the voice of a 300level student who had led the aggrieved students in a protest. he left them some meters behind. They had come to complete their regularization exercise.
‘Mr President, is it true that the exams timetable is out, and that we have a paper on the 2nd of January?’ he thundered charging at me like a castrated dog. He was sweating profusely, his eyes were as red as a burning coal; he was panting like an athlete who just completed a marathon race. I could see the pains in their eyes. I could feel the anger in their voice. Their countenance was coated with so much rage and disappointment. I was quiet for some time mapping out strategies in my head to arrest the mounting chaos.
“can we have some quiet?” I thundered back. ‘I want to crave your indulgence to exercise some patience. We are professionals and men of high repute and as highly esteemed professionals, we must not engage in acts capable of soiling the hard earned name of the pharmacy profession’, I said, to calm their nerves. “friends, it is against our professional ethics to protest’ I added. ‘I have seen the timetable, I have identified the problem and can assure you that something will be done to correct it as soon as possible’ I added so soothingly.
As I was rounding up my address, the foundation Dean, Prof. Mrs Femi-Oyewo drove in to the faculty. On seeing her, everyone including the protest leader fled, some leaving their course forms and other items behind.
‘Who were those unprofessional animals that were disturbing the peace of the faculty?’ mama roared. I had never seen her in such angry mood before. Fear gripped me.
I was about to mutter something out when she said, ‘get me their names’. Ok ma. I reached out for my bag, brought out a pen and a sheet of paper. I penned down their names according to the level of arrogance displayed. Starting with the leader, I was on number four when my friend woke me up with the shout of merry Christmas. Oh! It was a dream……..hahahaha. sorry I took your time. No timetable for anywhere oooooooo. Merry Christmas and happy new year in advance... Written by my PANS president.. Enjoy.
gush! So captivating and seemingly truth and real. The writer is too good literally_ he shud av gone 4 literature.

Gush, my spirit was awoken like a baby poured a bucket of water while asleep. Was busy thinking it should be a mere write up while reading and trying to circle an instrument of fallacy but, the writer was just too personifying and real!
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Kelyto: 9:57pm On Dec 28, 2013
Ade my senior man... I dey feel ur swagg for dat story.... Dats pharmacoliterature
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Samgreguc(m): 2:52pm On Jan 01, 2014
Happy New year all,

WELCOME-TO-2014!!!
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by stefikal(f): 3:44pm On Jan 01, 2014
Samgreguc: Happy New year all,

WELCOME-TO-2014!!!

Thanks...wishing you the same and everyone in the house
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by adeoladrg(m): 7:15pm On Jan 02, 2014
stefikal:

Thanks...wishing you the same and everyone in the house

Happy new year Steph... Happy new year to y'all.

1 Like

Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Kelyto: 10:36am On Jan 03, 2014
Men.... Johesu should have followed up this nma strike up..... Now will the real marginalization begin.... Imagine reappointing Paul orhii and and approving surgeon general by Jonathan Goodluck... Men am nt happy with this. ... What do u guys ave to say
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Samgreguc(m): 11:13am On Jan 03, 2014
Kelyto: Men.... Johesu should have followed up this nma strike up..... Now will the real marginalization begin.... Imagine reappointing Paul orhii and and approving surgeon general by Jonathan Goodluck... Men am nt happy with this. ... What do u guys ave to say
am nt happy with the NAFDAC of a thing. As for the Surgeon Gen. Stuff, speechless for now!
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by xkid2000(m): 7:57pm On Jan 03, 2014
QUESTION : why do you want to be a pharmacist?
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Bussyy1(m): 10:10pm On Jan 03, 2014
Glad 2 b here. V jst bin admitted 2 study pharmacy @ unijos
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by xkid2000(m): 10:56pm On Jan 03, 2014
Bussyy1: Glad 2 b here. V jst bin admitted 2 study pharmacy @ unijos
Congrats Busayo! Welcome...
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Bussyy1(m): 11:01pm On Jan 03, 2014
x-kid2000:
Congrats Busayo! Welcome...
tanx
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by xkid2000(m): 11:06pm On Jan 03, 2014
In the extemporaneous preparation of a suspension,levigation is used for ______? Culled : www.youngpharmacists.com you guys might want to try the site..its educative.
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Samgreguc(m): 11:48am On Jan 04, 2014
One of my basic reason for choosing Pharmacy was because I wanted to produce drugs. Though am beginning to see some other reasons sha

1 Like

Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by caukerzee(m): 10:27pm On Jan 04, 2014
Congrats man. I guess I'll be you senior college there grin grin grin. I'm also in unijos pharmacy school. Welcome bro.
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Samgreguc(m): 2:21pm On Jan 05, 2014
congrats!
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Bussyy1(m): 3:17pm On Jan 05, 2014
caukerzee: Congrats man. I guess I'll be you senior college there grin grin grin. I'm also in unijos pharmacy school. Welcome bro.
wow,cant wait 2 c u in skul.
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Gerrard59(m): 7:09pm On Jan 05, 2014
My desire to be a pharmacist came from my love of Biology,albeit learnt that Chemistry is more involved.

To possibly and hopefully form a top Bio-pharmacetiucal firm to produce Quality drugs,even though they be pricey. I bliv quality comes @ cost.

Any thing like Pharma-conomics(that's pharmacy & Economics)?
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Kelyto: 10:42am On Jan 06, 2014
The president of
the Nigerian
society of
physiotherapists Taiwo Oyewumi
has condemned in totality the
move to accede to NMA demands
by the Federal Government on the
appointment of Surgeon-General
and other related matters and have
sworn to fight government to a
standstill and collaborate with other
professional associations in the
health sector.
According to him, the NMA is trying
to go through the back door and
manipulate government to approve
what they cannot intelligently
negotiate for on a round table and
as a first line of action, NSP,
JOHESU, NUAHP and Assembly of
Health Professionals will have
press interaction at the Pharmacy
House in Lagos on Monday 6th
January, 2014 to address the issue
of the appointment of Surgeon-
General and other related issues.
The push has come to shove. Be
on look out for a show down. It is
unfortunate that the Presidency
made such pronouncement without
adequate consultations. This issue
is similar to how President
Goodluck Jonathan renamed
University of Lagos without
consideration for due process.
Our previous engagements with the
government on this matter made
the Senate and even various
presidential committees to throw
out the creation of position of
Surgeon-General.
Details of this press briefing would
be made available as soon as
possible.

Just what i have been waiting u

1 Like

Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Obinoscopy(m): 4:44pm On Jan 06, 2014
Fellow Pharmacists and Pharmacy Students, please does anyone have the recent e-edition of Emdex? Mine is that of 2006 and I need the recent e-edition. Thanks. As men of honour....we join hands.

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (88) (Reply)

Medical Laboratory Scientists Forum / Nigerian Prospective Medical Interns 2017 / Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.