Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,576 members, 7,809,096 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:58 PM

Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. - Career (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. (254310 Views)

Graduate Interns At HCDC Limited / Salary of Federal Hospital Interns In Nigeria? / Pharmacists And Pharmaceutical Aspirants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (88) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by drered(m): 10:43pm On Nov 09, 2014
Bhuumhite:
pls smeone should explain the difference btw pharmacy and pharmacology
Pharmacy is the art and science of preparing and dispensing medications and the provision of drug related information to the public. It involves the interpretation of prescription orders; the compounding, labelling and dispensing of drugs and devices; drug product selection and drug utilization reviews; patient monitoring and intervention; and the provision of cognitive services related to the use of medications and devices. The american pharmacists association describes the mission of pharmacy as serving society as "the profession responsible for the appropriate use of medications, devices and services to achieve optimal therapeutic outcomes. Pharmacology on the other hand can be defined as the study of the effects of chemical substances on the functions of living systems..
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Bhuumhite(f): 8:09am On Nov 10, 2014
drered:
Pharmacy is the art and science of preparing and dispensing medications and the provision of drug related information to the public. It involves the interpretation of prescription orders; the compounding, labelling and dispensing of drugs and devices; drug product selection and drug utilization reviews; patient monitoring and intervention; and the provision of cognitive services related to the use of medications and devices. The american pharmacists association describes the mission of pharmacy as serving society as "the profession responsible for the appropriate use of medications, devices and services to achieve optimal therapeutic outcomes. Pharmacology on the other hand can be defined as the study of the effects of chemical substances on the functions of living systems..
tnx a lot
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by caukerzee(m): 9:42am On Nov 13, 2014
Hey all!! Could anyone here help me with the PANS. anthem lyrics? Would be very grateful if I got it soonest. Thanks.
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by DiplomaticG(m): 11:25am On Nov 13, 2014
After writing jamb 3 times to study
medcine I finally decided to try
pharmacy, and as Fate would have it I
got admitted in UNN. Higly gratefull to
God actully, but somewhere inside me
I'm like, "dude u know medcine is d
ish". So ryt now I dunno if i should
rewrite jamb and put medcine or to
continue wit Pharm.. I'm a fresher
though.. Pls Greatest Pharmacist talk
to me, is d course fun? lucrative?
fulfilling? I'm curious abt all these
stuffs... Talk to me pls...
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Samgreguc(m): 3:10pm On Nov 13, 2014
DiplomaticG:
you either resit 4 JAMB or you put it at the back of ur mind that you can't be a Physician through Pharmacy and that you cant do their job, also, bear it in mind that your profession is very unique.
If you can put these things at the back of your mind then, you are good to be in Pharmacy school.

1 Like

Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by drered(m): 8:16pm On Nov 13, 2014
DiplomaticG:
Pharmacy isn't exactly a course of second choice.. It isn't an alternative to medicine.. If its med.surg you want then you really should go for it cuz you'll feel more fulfilled.. There's this tension between pharmacists and doctors in the hospitals right now esp. the teaching hospitals and you as a pharmacist will be ill equipped for the kind of psychological warfare cuz all you'd be thinking is "had I known I'd probably have written jamb one last time".. Do your research, be realistic and follow your heart..

1 Like

Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 1:16pm On Nov 16, 2014
Okay, I know I'm not late cause the thread isn't ending but I should have seen this earlier.
Just a Pharm fresher at Uniuyo. I am a visionary, hard-working man and I know I'll have a good stay all through my five years of Pharmacy education.
It's good to meet you guys. Thank you Samgregruc for introducing me to this thread, it'll surely be helpful right from my 200L.smiley
Thank you one, and all.
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Samgreguc(m): 5:02pm On Nov 16, 2014
Vessi:
Okay, I know I'm not late cause the thread isn't ending but I should have seen this earlier.
Just a Pharm fresher at Uniuyo. I am a visionary, hard-working man and I know I'll have a good stay all through my five years of Pharmacy education.
It's good to meet you guys. Thank you Samgregruc for introducing me to this thread, it'll surely be helpful right from my 200L.smiley
Thank you one, and all.

Welcome fellow PANSite, you will definitely enjoy Pharmacy.

1 Like

Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Homguy(m): 8:12pm On Nov 16, 2014
DiplomaticG:
With this mindset, you may not finish pharmacy school before been sent out- Double loss. Like Sam and one other person said, you either make up your mind to read pharmacy, and love it for what it is. In Nigeria, we are not appreciated enough but even then, you'll be very comfortable, you'll have respect and appreciation from people and you can never be jobless if you are hard work. Its hard to see a pauper pharmacist. I haven't seen one, So make your choice. Before going too far, otherwise you might lose at both ends. I.e not graduate from pharmacy and not read medicine, maybe zoo or bot. Pardon my response if it seems grim, but its the ttruth. Cheers. Proudly a pharmacist.

2 Likes

Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Professor1234(f): 6:34am On Nov 18, 2014
Greetings to All my bosses in the House. God bless pharmacy,God bless us
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Professor1234(f): 6:42am On Nov 18, 2014
adeoladrg:

Ur first question ehn. I asked myself that same question during the AGM meeting at the last conference buh I had no one to answer. I think PCN has been inactive lately. FMOH has to allow teaching hospitals run pharmD, without that pharmD cannot work. Teaching hospitals have to recognize pharmacists. We shud be allowed to talk to the patients and review their regimen at any time T. Ministry of health is at the helm of decisions. That letter has to do with both pharmD and the consultancy conferment. The latter is a done deal aiidy. Yipee!
adeola,any info abt Pharm.d accreditation nao
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Bukkiminat(f): 9:18am On Nov 18, 2014
*pharm estate*

i feel like skipping this 100level of a tn and start pharm straight 4rm 200level....how i wish dats possible!
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Professor1234(f): 9:35am On Nov 18, 2014
Bukkiminat:
*pharm estate*

i feel like skipping this 100level of a tn and start pharm straight 4rm 200level....how i wish dats possible!
same here, na all those tin we nid in sec skul buh alittle bit advance
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Professor1234(f): 10:42am On Nov 18, 2014
In the next 2years, am sure pharm.D will be fully back and better
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Professor1234(f): 10:49am On Nov 18, 2014
Happy birthday Pharm Samgreguc wllnp
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by adeoladrg(m): 3:32pm On Nov 18, 2014
Professor1234:
Happy birthday Pharm Samgreguc wllnp

Happy birthday bro.. God bless you!
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by adeoladrg(m): 3:33pm On Nov 18, 2014
Professor1234:
adeola,any info abt Pharm.d accreditation nao

No idea.. I wasn't at the last conference.. So no idea..
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Professor1234(f): 3:44pm On Nov 18, 2014
adeoladrg:

No idea.. I wasn't at the last conference.. So no idea..
ok hw skul
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Bukkiminat(f): 3:54pm On Nov 18, 2014
adeoladrg:

Happy birthday bro.. God bless you!

Happy birthday Pharm Sam...more cells to your brain.....
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Professor1234(f): 3:57pm On Nov 18, 2014
Bukkiminat:

lolz c prayer
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Victorious1(f): 4:22pm On Nov 18, 2014
Bukkiminat:

Na sooo o...you're on point!
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Victorious1(f): 4:38pm On Nov 18, 2014
Don't know you personaly, buh I've never missed your exceptionaly intellectual posts on Pharmacy threads all over nairaland....viewing this thread as usuall I noticed many years back a genius(samgreguc) was born this day...so I thought I should show some respect and join the others in saying HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! smiley
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 4:59pm On Nov 18, 2014
Samgreguc:

Welcome fellow PANSite, you will definitely enjoy Pharmacy.
Happy birthday comrade. I wish you a successful Pharmacy career. cool cool
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 5:01pm On Nov 18, 2014
Any Uniben Pharm student here? Do you guys still run your Pharm.D programme?
Just curious.
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Bukkiminat(f): 6:19pm On Nov 18, 2014
Victorious1:
Na sooo o...you're on point!

yeah..tanx ma'am
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Bukkiminat(f): 6:21pm On Nov 18, 2014
Vessi:
Just curious.

u can ask Victorious1 n oda ogas @ d top buh i tnk dey still do
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 6:23pm On Nov 18, 2014
Bukkiminat:

Hmmmmmmmmmm. Ok shah. I kinda jealous them shah.
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Bukkiminat(f): 6:25pm On Nov 18, 2014
Vessi:

Hmmmmmmmmmm. Ok shah. I kinda jealous them shah.

hmmmm....sir....u studying pharm in which school?
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 6:29pm On Nov 18, 2014
Bukkiminat:

hmmmm....sir....u studying pharm in which school?
hehehe I wish say I don reach "sir" level. Abeg o, me na humble uyo pharm fresher.
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Bukkiminat(f): 6:55pm On Nov 18, 2014
Vessi:

hehehe I wish say I don reach "sir" level. Abeg o, me na humble uyo pharm fresher.

lol..aiit
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by efyzhi(m): 6:57pm On Nov 18, 2014
hbd Pharm Sam bigger you I pray bro .........
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Victorious1(f): 8:38pm On Nov 18, 2014
Vessi:
Just curious.
Bukkiminat:

Am just a bloody fresher who is yet to resume and only have little knowledge of whats going on in school...though some months ago there was a problem about reverting Uniben's PharmD back to Bpharm
buh my senior course mates in school has assured me that the case has been settled and Uniben's PharmD still intact!!!! smiley
Vessi:

You na strong fan of politics, seeing your hand work in politics section...Lol.
I salute! cheesy

efyzhi:
hbd Pharm Sam bigger you I pray bro .........
Whats up course mate..?!

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (88) (Reply)

Medical Laboratory Scientists Forum / Nigerian Prospective Medical Interns 2017 / Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.