Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,034 members, 7,807,080 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:17 AM

Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. - Career (34) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. (254221 Views)

Graduate Interns At HCDC Limited / Salary of Federal Hospital Interns In Nigeria? / Pharmacists And Pharmaceutical Aspirants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (88) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 8:43pm On Nov 18, 2014
Victorious1:

Am just a bloody fresher who is yet to resume and only have little knowledge of whats going on in school...though some months ago there was a problem about reverting Uniben's PharmD back to Bpharm
buh my senior course mates in school has assured me that the case has been settled and Uniben's PharmD still intact!!!! smiley
You na strong fan of politics, seeing your hand work in politics section...Lol.
I salute! cheesy

Whats up course mate..?!
Hehehe. These old goons should leave leadership for the younger, experienced generations na. sad
Well, I'm happy you're getting education that would expose you better to clinical part of Pharmacy practise.
Congratulations on being admitted to. We shall all get to the promised land(successful Pharmacists). Ameeen.
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Victorious1(f): 9:17pm On Nov 18, 2014
Vessi:

Hehehe. These old goons should leave leadership for the younger, experienced generations na. sad
You can say that again! smiley I guess they want to die in power...
Vessi:
Well, I'm happy you're getting education that would expose you better to clinical part of Pharmacy practise
Am pretty sure Uniuyo is equally nice too...

Vessi:
Congratulations on being admitted to.
Congratulations to you too dear. smiley
Vessi:
We shall all get to the promised land(successful Pharmacists). Ameeen.
Amen and Amen and Amen!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Samgreguc(m): 8:23pm On Nov 19, 2014
efyzhi:
hbd Pharm Sam bigger you I pray bro .........
Thanks alot
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Samgreguc(m): 8:24pm On Nov 19, 2014
Vessi:

Happy birthday comrade. I wish you a successful Pharmacy career. cool cool
Amennnn oooooooooo..

1 Like

Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Samgreguc(m): 8:30pm On Nov 19, 2014
Victorious1:
Don't know you personaly, buh I've never missed your exceptionaly intellectual posts on Pharmacy threads all over nairaland....viewing this thread as usuall I noticed many years back a genius(samgreguc) was born this day...so I thought I should show some respect and join the others in saying HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! smiley
Vicky,,,,,,, y u wan make my head swell na?

Thanks a lot jarehhhhhhh

1 Like

Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Samgreguc(m): 8:31pm On Nov 19, 2014
Bukkiminat:

Happy birthday Pharm Sam...more cells to your brain.....
Thanks sis...
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Samgreguc(m): 8:32pm On Nov 19, 2014
adeoladrg:

Happy birthday bro.. God bless you!
Thanks Comrade.
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Samgreguc(m): 8:33pm On Nov 19, 2014
Professor1234:
Happy birthday Pharm Samgreguc wllnp
Thanks a lot Prof.

1 Like

Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Samgreguc(m): 8:33pm On Nov 19, 2014
Bukkiminat:
*pharm estate*

i feel like skipping this 100level of a tn and start pharm straight 4rm 200level....how i wish dats possible!
Hmmmm! Everythg tot in year 1 is useful ooooooo

1 Like

Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Samgreguc(m): 8:50pm On Nov 19, 2014
Bukkiminat:

Happy birthday Pharm Sam...more cells to your brain.....
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by drered(m): 10:26am On Nov 20, 2014
Case note: Man With Nausea?

JK is an 88-year-old man picking up his monthly prescriptions at your pharmacy with the assistance of his daughter. JK's daughter asks you to make a recommendation for an over-the-counter treatment for nausea for her father.

She explains that JK has been complaining of nausea for the last several months and has lost 8 pounds (currently weighs 134 pounds) due to his recent lack of appetite. Upon review of JK's profile, you find that he is currently receiving the following prescription medications from your pharmacy: carvedilol 6.25 mg BID; lisinopril 10 mg QD; furosemide 20 mg QD; KCl 20 mEq QD; tamsulosin 0.4 mg QD; donepezil 23 mg QD; and citalopram 20 mg QD.

Upon further discussion with JK and his daughter, you verify that JK was diagnosed with heart failure 12 years earlier and has a history of benign prostatic hyperplasia, which is currently well controlled with tamsulosin. JK has been taking citalopram for approximately 4 years, which was initiated shortly after the passing of his wife. According to your records, JK was started on donepezil 3 months prior. JK's daughter explained that he was having difficulty remembering the names of his extended family members and the medication was initiated at the recommendation of his primary care physician. In addition to the list above, JK is currently taking a senior multivitamin daily and fills all of his medications at your pharmacy. JK's daughter also reports that he has an appointment scheduled with his cardiologist next week. JK has had several bouts of syncope lately and his daughter, who is a nurse's aide, noted that his heart rate varies between 40 and 55 beats per minute.

Based on the above information, what recommendations would you have for JK and his daughter?

2 Likes

Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Taofiq129(m): 1:30pm On Nov 21, 2014
Hey..hw possible z usin d.e to get pharm?...wich kinda b.sc course can one use if posible?....wich universities allow dis?!...a huge tnks to d respondents in anticipation!
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by drered(m): 12:59pm On Nov 22, 2014
Likes and no attempt on the case? Lol. Pharmacists how far?
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Bukkiminat(f): 6:27pm On Nov 22, 2014
drered:

boss,are you a pharmacy student in UI?
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by drered(m): 6:48pm On Nov 22, 2014
Bukkiminat:

boss,are you a pharmacy student in UI?
Yes ma'am.. For just a few more months though..
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Samgreguc(m): 8:26pm On Nov 22, 2014
drered:
when I get to that level, I will make a statement on it.
Jst, keep posting then please.
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Samgreguc(m): 3:16am On Nov 23, 2014
drered:
Case note: Man With Nausea?

JK is an 88-year-old man picking up his monthly prescriptions at your pharmacy with the assistance of his daughter. JK's daughter asks you to make a recommendation for an over-the-counter treatment for nausea for her father.

She explains that JK has been complaining of nausea for the last several months and has lost 8 pounds (currently weighs 134 pounds) due to his recent lack of appetite. Upon review of JK's profile, you find that he is currently receiving the following prescription medications from your pharmacy: carvedilol 6.25 mg BID; lisinopril 10 mg QD; furosemide 20 mg QD; KCl 20 mEq QD; tamsulosin 0.4 mg QD; donepezil 23 mg QD; and citalopram 20 mg QD.

Upon further discussion with JK and his daughter, you verify that JK was diagnosed with heart failure 12 years earlier and has a history of benign prostatic hyperplasia, which is currently well controlled with tamsulosin. JK has been taking citalopram for approximately 4 years, which was initiated shortly after the passing of his wife. According to your records, JK was started on donepezil 3 months prior. JK's daughter explained that he was having difficulty remembering the names of his extended family members and the medication was initiated at the recommendation of his primary care physician. In addition to the list above, JK is currently taking a senior multivitamin daily and fills all of his medications at your pharmacy. JK's daughter also reports that he has an appointment scheduled with his cardiologist next week. JK has had several bouts of syncope lately and his daughter, who is a nurse's aide, noted that his heart rate varies between 40 and 55 beats per minute.

Based on the above information, what recommendations would you have for JK and his daughter?
Sheblayze , help pls.
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by OmolodMilkman93(m): 8:22pm On Nov 23, 2014
drered:
Yes ma'am.. For just a few more months though..
Oboy,.. Induction rice in the offing grin

But, you na senior man sha,. Your boy sends his greetings

About, your question, I am at a loss. Looking strange
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 8:32pm On Nov 23, 2014
OmolodMilkman93:

Boss, how is the programme like? 5years at pharmacy school, one year IT, youth service then pharmacy practise. In all it's actually 7years stuff?? *sad*.
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by OmolodMilkman93(m): 8:49pm On Nov 23, 2014
Vessi:

Boss, how is the programme like? 5years at pharmacy school, one year IT, youth service then pharmacy practise. In all it's actually 7years stuff?? *sad*.
Boss? Moi Didn't you quote the wrong person.

well, the programme has been stressful and exciting up to where I am. U actually got the plan for a B. Pharm degree. But I think its different for Uniben(not so sure)
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by OmolodMilkman93(m): 8:49pm On Nov 23, 2014
Vessi:

Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by drered(m): 9:03pm On Nov 23, 2014
OmolodMilkman93:

Lol.. You sef be chairman.. You get mouth..
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by sisiafrika(f): 8:28am On Nov 24, 2014
Bukkiminat:
Wow! Shout out 2all pharmacists,beginners,UItes n non UItes Pharmacy students......

N ma boss adeoladrg n al oda contributors,u guys r too mucha!

M highly inspired wt wat av seen so far...pls,we shouldn't stop here,lets keep d thread moving!

Ts ya Rxist in d lord,a beginner 2b precise n am 4lowin ds thread lyk se kosi nkan!

As Men of Honour,we join hands.

Team #pharmacy o ni baje! O baje ti!

I like u.

Nobody even asked about me. Deariz godu o

1 Like

Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Shori(m): 1:13pm On Nov 24, 2014
sisiafrika:
I like u.

Lol. . You've been scarce on NL ni o. Hope you've been good and 'kicking'?
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by efyzhi(m): 3:11pm On Nov 24, 2014
[quote author=Victorious1 post=28135030

Whats up course mate..?![/quote]

Am doing great and you
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by cmonek(m): 3:48pm On Nov 24, 2014
nice thread.. My kid sister just finished her nysc and she is a pharmacist.. She just need to get some info on how to go about the job search, likely interview tips, salary scales for a phamacist either in federal, state, private hospital or in a private owned community pharmacy. She is currently in Ph but very willing to relocate ones a great offer pops up. Kindly help her great pharmacists.. Thanks and God bless. Cmonek..
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Bukkiminat(f): 5:13pm On Nov 24, 2014
sisiafrika:
I like u.

blushing#......lols thanks ma'am....how is OAU n ife generally
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Victorious1(f): 12:33pm On Nov 25, 2014
Samgreguc:

Vicky,,,,,,, y u wan make my head swell na?

Thanks a lot jarehhhhhhh
Always welcome! smiley
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Victorious1(f): 12:35pm On Nov 25, 2014
[quote author=efyzhi post=28308455][/quote] just cool! cheesy
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by OmolodMilkman93(m): 9:17am On Nov 27, 2014
sisiafrika:
I like u.

Sisi, where were you all this while?
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Taofiq129(m): 5:56pm On Nov 27, 2014
Taofiq129:
Hey..hw possible z usin d.e to get pharm?...wich kinda b.sc course can one use if posible?....wich universities allow dis?!...a huge tnks to d respondents in anticipation!
chai lyk say dis questn dy invisible.....oya peepz ansa abeg..talk wetin u sabi 4 dis mata!
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by caukerzee(m): 12:13am On Nov 28, 2014
Taofiq129:
chai lyk say dis questn dy invisible.....oya peepz ansa abeg..talk wetin u sabi 4 dis mata!
Make what just you wrote readable first.

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (88) (Reply)

Medical Laboratory Scientists Forum / Nigerian Prospective Medical Interns 2017 / Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.