Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,886 members, 7,806,557 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:17 PM

Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. - Career (35) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. (254196 Views)

Graduate Interns At HCDC Limited / Salary of Federal Hospital Interns In Nigeria? / Pharmacists And Pharmaceutical Aspirants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (88) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Samgreguc(m): 2:37am On Nov 28, 2014
Taofiq129:
chai lyk say dis questn dy invisible.....oya peepz ansa abeg..talk wetin u sabi 4 dis mata!
Its good u didn't bank on the fact that I misplaced phrase for claUse.
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Taofiq129(m): 10:32am On Nov 28, 2014
Taofiq129:
Hey..hw possible z usin d.e to get pharm?...wich kinda b.sc course can one use if posible?....wich universities allow dis?!...a huge tnks to d respondents in anticipation!
hw more readable cn it b?....
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Taofiq129(m): 10:39am On Nov 28, 2014
Samgreguc:

Its good u didn't bank on the fact that I misplaced phrase for claUse.
nw i dnt get u...
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Samgreguc(m): 1:29pm On Nov 28, 2014
Taofiq129:
nw i dnt get u...
Sorry bro, wrong message......

To your question,,,,, courses like Chemistry, Biochem etc,,, reference the brochure for more details.
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Taofiq129(m): 5:10am On Nov 29, 2014
Samgreguc:

Sorry bro, wrong message......

To your question,,,,, courses like Chemistry, Biochem etc,,, reference the brochure for more details.
same as ma gues...tnks man...oh nd wich skuls acept such degrees 4 pharm..?..i gues ui shud?
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Samgreguc(m): 11:45am On Nov 29, 2014
Taofiq129:
same as ma gues...tnks man...oh nd wich skuls acept such degrees 4 pharm..?..i gues ui shud?
Am sure UNIPORT don't accept D.E in all ramification.... Reference the JAMB brochure for the possible schools and their terms.
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Taofiq129(m): 11:18am On Nov 30, 2014
Samgreguc:

Am sure UNIPORT don't accept D.E in all ramification.... Reference the JAMB brochure for the possible schools and their terms.
i jes prefer info from anyone in d system.... Dis bronchure dis days u knw,nt too detailed....anyways tnks....
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Bukkiminat(f): 1:31pm On Nov 30, 2014
Obtaining a B.pharm degree,does it gives u a license to practice pharm in Nigeria?
Doctor of pharmacy and Master of Pharmacy,do they have the same right in Nigeria?

N does the two above have upper right than B.pharm in Nigeria?

Before u can practice in other countries like USA,Canada etc...what qualification must you obtain?
lastly,how many years does it take to obtain pharm.D in Nigeria and other Countries?

Thhanks

Tag;Drered
adeoladrg
samgreguc
sisiafrika
omolodmilkman
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Bukkiminat(f): 1:39pm On Nov 30, 2014
N i also feel like sharing this

Noted People who were Pharmacists;

joseph Swan,inventor of the incandescent light bulb

Charles Alderton,inventor of Dr pepper

Caleb Bradham, inventor of Pepsi Cola

Friedrich Sertuner, discovered morphine in 1804

Jim Wilson, Los angeles City Council member

Pravin Gordhan, previous minister of Finance Of South Africa (2009-14)

Luke Howard, The father of meteorology

Hubert Humphrey, US Vice president 1965-69

David Jack, leader of research that developed major asthma drugs
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by drered(m): 2:26pm On Nov 30, 2014
Bukkiminat:
Obtaining a B.pharm degree,does it gives u a license to practice pharm in Nigeria?
Doctor of pharmacy and Master of Pharmacy,do they have the same right in Nigeria?

Before u can practice in other countries like USA,Canada etc...what qualification must you obtain?
lastly,how many years does it take to obtain pharm.D in Nigeria and other Countries?

Thhanks

Tag;Drered
adeoladrg
samgreguc
sisiafrika
omolodmilkman
i) Yeah. B.pharm is the minimum qualification needed to practise pharmacy in Nigeria. ii) Pharm. D and M.pharm is the minimum qualification in some other countries notably the united states and united kingdom respectively. They can practise in Nigeria after undergoing a course that usually lasts anywhere from 3months where they are taught the percuilarites of pharmacy practise, including its laws in Nigeria (the host country) and meeting other requirements such as tendering their license to practise in the country from which they obtained their certification and paying the required fee iii) Not that I know of. That should depend totally on the employer.. A graduate with a pharm D for example might be more relevant in the hospital and have a upper hand it is in no way a threat to the B. Pharm tho.. iv) Depends on the host country, for US you'll have to undergo a conversion course which lasts anything from a year.. v) You'll have to go thru my previous post.. Its there somewhere.. But then if I remember properly you'd do pre-pharmacy for 2 years or 4 depending on if you want to have a B.sc in any of your core courses in addition to the Pharm. D you'll go on later to have and then Pharmacy school proper which I think is 4 years. In Nigeria it will be 6 years when implemented, the extra year focused on the clinical aspect of pharmacy. UNIBEN currently awards both B.Pharm nd Pharm. D and the length of her programme is 6 years.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by drered(m): 4:26pm On Nov 30, 2014
drered:
*Modified* i) Yeah. B.pharm is the minimum qualification needed to practise pharmacy in Nigeria. ii) Pharm. D and M.pharm is the minimum qualification in some other countries notably the united states and united kingdom respectively. They can practise in Nigeria after undergoing a course that usually lasts anywhere from 3months where they are taught the percuilarites of pharmacy practise, including its laws in Nigeria (the host country) and meeting other requirements such as tendering their license to practise in the country from which they obtained their certification and paying the required fee iii) Not that I know of. That should depend totally on the employer.. A graduate with a pharm D for example might be more relevant in the hospital and have a upper hand it is in no way a threat to the B. Pharm tho.. iv) Depends on the host country, for US you'll have to undergo an extra 2year course to get a Pharm.D or do a conversion course to work with your B.pharm which lasts anything from a year.. v) You'll have to go thru my previous post.. Its there somewhere.. But then if I remember properly you'd do pre-pharmacy for 2 years or 4 depending on if you want to have a B.sc in any of your core courses in addition to the Pharm. D you'll go on later to have and then Pharmacy school proper which I think is 4 years. In Nigeria it will be 6 years when implemented, the extra year focused on the clinical aspect of pharmacy. UNIBEN currently awards both B.Pharm nd Pharm. D and the length of her programme is 6 years.

1 Like

Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Bukkiminat(f): 4:50pm On Nov 30, 2014
drered:

boss,m saying a big THANK YOU
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by drered(m): 5:04pm On Nov 30, 2014
Bukkiminat:

boss,m saying a big THANK YOU
There you go again with the boss. You welcome ma'am..
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Bukkiminat(f): 8:16am On Dec 01, 2014
HAPPY NEW MONTH PHARMACISTS

MERRY

XMAS

AND

HAPPY

NEW YEAR

IN

ADVANCE

ONE LOVE MA PPLE
#CHEERS

TEAM #pharmacy o ni baje,o baje ti!

5 Likes

Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Samgreguc(m): 11:17am On Dec 01, 2014
Bukkiminat:

Thhanks

Tag;Drered
adeoladrg
samgreguc
sisiafrika
omolodmilkman
You've been answered.
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Samgreguc(m): 11:24am On Dec 01, 2014
Taofiq129:
i jes prefer info from anyone in d system.... Dis bronchure dis days u knw,nt too detailed....anyways tnks....
Well, my school don't do direct entry.
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Samgreguc(m): 8:01pm On Dec 01, 2014
Bukkiminat:
HAPPY NEW MONTH PHARMACISTS

MERRY

XMAS

AND

HAPPY

NEW YEAR

IN

ADVANCE

ONE LOVE MA PPLE
#CHEERS

TEAM #pharmacy o ni baje,o baje ti!
Same to you ooo
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by caukerzee(m): 8:51pm On Dec 01, 2014
Arrh. . .One will not enjoy the Christmas break with a settled mind. Just when we were about to start exams the school closed till January due to protests against the planned hike in school fees.
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Bukkiminat(f): 10:56am On Dec 02, 2014
caukerzee:
Arrh. . .One will not enjoy the Christmas break with a settled mind. Just when we were about to start exams the school closed till January due to protests against the planned hike in school fees.

sorry,wich school is that?
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by caukerzee(m): 1:30pm On Dec 02, 2014
Bukkiminat:

sorry,wich school is that?
Unijos
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by adeoladrg(m): 8:57am On Dec 04, 2014
Append your digital signature on the letter from PSN to NUC on the approval of Pharm.D. Pls rebroadcast!

www.swankpharm.com/2014/12/04/pharmacists-sign-the-letter-from-psn-to-nuc-to-approve-pharmd/
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Bukkiminat(f): 9:03am On Dec 04, 2014
adeoladrg:
Append your digital signature on the letter from PSN to NUC on the approval of Pharm.D. Pls rebroadcast!

www.swankpharm.com/2014/12/04/pharmacists-sign-the-letter-from-psn-to-nuc-to-approve-pharmd/

okay! We're getting there!
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Professor1234(f): 9:47am On Dec 04, 2014
adeoladrg:

nicez
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Samgreguc(m): 6:04am On Dec 05, 2014
adeoladrg:

nice one.
I saw a space for Undergraduate Pharmacist. Does it mean I can append my signature?
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by adeoladrg(m): 8:32am On Dec 05, 2014
Samgreguc:

nice one.
I saw a space for Undergraduate Pharmacist. Does it mean I can append my signature?

Of course brother.. Not only you, rebroadcast it to all ur classmates and senior colleagues.. The train is moving.
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Samgreguc(m): 9:35am On Dec 05, 2014
adeoladrg:

Of course brother.. Not only you, rebroadcast it to all ur classmates and senior colleagues.. The train is moving.
That I must surely do
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Rexsul: 11:25pm On Dec 06, 2014
I've rily tried my best 2 get pharmacy bt was'nt successfl nd nw i'm currently studyn Biochemistry plz which University cn i use my result 2 gt pharmacy After graduatn through d.e? Tnx
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Taofiq129(m): 5:54am On Dec 08, 2014
Rexsul:
I've rily tried my best 2 get pharmacy bt was'nt successfl nd nw i'm currently studyn Biochemistry plz which University cn i use my result 2 gt pharmacy After graduatn through d.e? Tnx
i cn c we ar in d same shoe...jes dat d story of nt getin pharm z nt d same....nd oh i am in chemistry nt biochem also!...so wich skul ar u?
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Samgreguc(m): 5:58am On Dec 08, 2014
Taofiq129:
i cn c we ar in d same shoe...jes dat d story of nt getin pharm z nt d same....nd oh i am in chemistry nt biochem also!...so wich skul ar u?
Rexsul:
Biochemistry and Chemistry degree is surely accepted for a degree in pharmacy.
It's just d school that matter.

Rexsul, I remember you. The ABU pharm aspirant.
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Rexsul: 8:56pm On Dec 08, 2014
Samgreguc:

Biochemistry and Chemistry degree is surely accepted for a degree in pharmacy.
It's just d school that matter.

Rexsul, I remember you. The ABU pharm aspirant.
my broda na me stil b dis o....bt i'm nt gonna gv up as long as i'm alive cos Pharmacist is wot i wanna bcom.
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Rexsul: 8:57pm On Dec 08, 2014
Taofiq129:
Futminna
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Rexsul: 9:01pm On Dec 08, 2014
Plz i don't knw if i'm allowd 2 sit behind d Men Of Honour @ least 2 kip my spirit high cry

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (88) (Reply)

Medical Laboratory Scientists Forum / Nigerian Prospective Medical Interns 2017 / Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.